Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keith Moon

Tracyb24 Guest
    He had a beautiful wife named Kim that he beat on all the time. She took shit off the little motherfucker for years then finally left him.

SlippyInvader Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracyb24 View Post
    He had a beautiful wife named Kim that he beat on all the time. She took shit off the little motherfucker for years then finally left him.
    It was very sad to read she'd died in a car accident, I had no idea she'd passed away.

deathpool Guest
    Here's some info about Kim
    Kim McLagan, née Clotilde Elizabeth Patricia Kerrigan, (born 30 December 30 1948 in Leicester, England; died 2 August 2006 in Travis County, Texas) was a model during the 1960s; she later became a cosmetologist. She was Keith Moon's wife from 1966 until 1975, although they separated in 1973.
    Young Patti Kerrigan - she disliked her other two names - grew up in Malaysia, on her family's rubber plantation, and in various African countries as well.[citation needed] When her family moved back to London she began her modelling career and changed her name to Kim Kerrigan after a friend of hers named Kim Rupert.[citation needed]
    She met Keith Moon - drummer with The Who - at a concert in Bournemouth. The couple married in March 1966 after Kim became pregnant. Their daughter Amanda Jane (Mandy) was born four months later. The marriage was very turbulent; Moon forced Kerrigan to give up her modelling career and was often violently abusive towards her, breaking her nose three times, throwing objects such as broken bottles at her and even chasing Kerrigan around their large house with a shotgun as if it were a game.[citation needed] She left him in 1973, tired of the situation. She took Mandy with her to live in Ian McLagan's house - with whom she was having an affair - and divorced Moon in 1975, who had been dating Annette Walter-Lax since 1974.
    Kerrigan married McLagan - former keyboard player for the Faces - on 9 October 9 1978,[1] one month after Moon's death. The couple moved to Texas in 1994. Kim McLagan worked for several years at a spa resort on Lake Austin before opening her own skin care salon on Highway 71 between Bastrop and Smithville, Texas. She died on 2 August 2006 in a traffic accident in Travis County, Texas, aged 57. Her car was hit by a truck and she was pronounced dead at the scene.[2] She is survived by husband Ian McLagan, daughter Amanda (Mandy) Jane Moon DeWolf and grandaughters Jessica and Samantha.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kimweb3.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	11442  

SlippyInvader Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathpool View Post
    Here's some info about Kim
    Kim McLagan, née Clotilde Elizabeth Patricia Kerrigan, (born 30 December 30 1948 in Leicester, England; died 2 August 2006 in Travis County, Texas) was a model during the 1960s; she later became a cosmetologist. She was Keith Moon's wife from 1966 until 1975, although they separated in 1973.
    Young Patti Kerrigan - she disliked her other two names - grew up in Malaysia, on her family's rubber plantation, and in various African countries as well.[citation needed] When her family moved back to London she began her modelling career and changed her name to Kim Kerrigan after a friend of hers named Kim Rupert.[citation needed]
    She met Keith Moon - drummer with The Who - at a concert in Bournemouth. The couple married in March 1966 after Kim became pregnant. Their daughter Amanda Jane (Mandy) was born four months later. The marriage was very turbulent; Moon forced Kerrigan to give up her modelling career and was often violently abusive towards her, breaking her nose three times, throwing objects such as broken bottles at her and even chasing Kerrigan around their large house with a shotgun as if it were a game.[citation needed] She left him in 1973, tired of the situation. She took Mandy with her to live in Ian McLagan's house - with whom she was having an affair - and divorced Moon in 1975, who had been dating Annette Walter-Lax since 1974.
    Kerrigan married McLagan - former keyboard player for the Faces - on 9 October 9 1978,[1] one month after Moon's death. The couple moved to Texas in 1994. Kim McLagan worked for several years at a spa resort on Lake Austin before opening her own skin care salon on Highway 71 between Bastrop and Smithville, Texas. She died on 2 August 2006 in a traffic accident in Travis County, Texas, aged 57. Her car was hit by a truck and she was pronounced dead at the scene.[2] She is survived by husband Ian McLagan, daughter Amanda (Mandy) Jane Moon DeWolf and grandaughters Jessica and Samantha.
    How very sad. Thank you for posting.

deathpool Guest
    No problem she was very attractive.

Tracyb24 Guest
    She thankfully, had a very happy life with Ian McLagan. He worshipped her till the day she died. God knows, she deserved it

SlippyInvader Guest
    She thankfully, had a very happy life with Ian McLagan. He worshipped her till the day she died. God knows, she deserved it

How awful it was to read Keith broke her nose 3 times. I don't know how he could have lived with himself.

SlippyInvader Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathpool View Post
    No problem she was very attractive.

Yes she was..very.

Tracyb24 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyInvader View Post
    How awful it was to read Keith broke her nose 3 times. I don't know how he could have lived with himself.
    I know it! And trying to raise a child around an abusing husband. I read that he would sometimes chase her around the grounds of their home w/a shotgun! Could you imagine the terror?

SlippyInvader Guest
    I know it! And trying to raise a child around an abusing husband. I read that he would sometimes chase her around the grounds of their home w/a shotgun! Could you imagine the terror?

OMG that's terrible! He may have been a good drummer but not a very nice man at all by the sounds of it.

Interestingly, I can still remember a quote from Dougal's book, which I read many, MANY years ago (although I may be paraphrasing a bit, here):

"There is no doubt that Keith Moon only ever loved one woman, and that woman was Kim."

And yet, to treat her the way he did...

deathpool Guest
    Here's a cool site about Keith.

http://www.ijamming.net/Moon/KeithMoon2.html

It's a pity about the bad stuff with Kim, as the records, books and films with him involved are great.

Shannon Guest
    I posted a tread on Kim, it's kind of hard to find it's under Kim Moon Mclagan.

smokincat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dr2red View Post
    I read something that said the other members of The Who tried to stop him from singing on the albums, he was a great drummer but not a great singer.
    Drummers and singing generally doesn't work. Just look at Phil Collins and Peter Criss. Phenomenal drummers but horrible singers. Plus, it was likely like the Ringo thing in those days....now don't get me wrong, Keith is my favorite drummer and it's cool to hear him sing a song.....

philbert_wormly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smokincat View Post
    Drummers and singing generally doesn't work. Just look at Phil Collins and Peter Criss. Phenomenal drummers but horrible singers. Plus, it was likely like the Ringo thing in those days....now don't get me wrong, Keith is my favorite drummer and it's cool to hear him sing a song.....

The late Karen Carpenter could play the drums and sing at the same time like a gosh forsaken machine. I have seen live footage of her doing such a thing.

However. The overall method of how Keith Moon played just really would not lend itself to singing while playing the drums all that very well at all.

Silly example...

It would be like trying to recite The Pledge of Allegiance while running as fast as you can or something.

My memory might be off on this...

But I recall reading somewhere that Keith Moon used to lay brick for a living or some other kind of construction work. So. He already had a lot of strength built up to just downright attack his kit in that awfully neat fashion he was one for doing. I have played the drums for ages and I actually have always liked what Keith Moon did but there are some folks who just don't because they are snobby about his timekeeping and stuff.

Now more on topic...

God only knows how the fellow might have actually passed. There are theories about that up the whazoo and reading more non tin hat wearing ones here is really cool. The poor guy lived really hard and enjoyed the dickens out of all sorts of drugs. He might have gotten in with a bad crowd, but who knows? The fellow lived hard, played hard, and died hard.

Isn't that guy in the Eagles a good singing drummer? Plus a band called "China Drum" had one, check out their cover of "Wuthering Heights".

There is definitely very few drummers who sing. Don Henley, Phil Collins and a few others. The only time I remember Keith singing was as Uncle Ernie in Tommy. If you can call that singing!?
    Cindy

smokincat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhdiesel View Post
    Keith moon was really good friends with Graham Chapman of monty python...could you imagine those two when they were out drinking! They were both as mad as each other!
    Not only that, but John Lennon's "Lost Weekend" was a year partying with Keith....I guess John only remembered three days of it, which is why it is called a weekend.

I found a copy of Full Moon by Keith's assistant Dougal Butle on amazon.com. It's just $474 new . But you can get a used paperback for less than 15 bucks.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Shannon Guest
    Philbert said it right. I have done some drumming and when you are doing the fast paced songs it's extrem hard to sing. But alot of times drummers are drummers cuz they can't be singers:}

Shannon Guest
    Today Keith would have turned 65!

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Today Keith would have turned 65!
    Weird to think about him as an older man. I just can't picture it. Some people are just meant to die young, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    There is definitely very few drummers who sing. Don Henley, Phil Collins and a few others. The only time I remember Keith singing was as Uncle Ernie in Tommy. If you can call that singing!?
    He released one solo album...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Sides_of_the_Moon

He sang reasonably well on one track "Guitar and Pen", but in general, the other Who members objected to him singing because he, well, he usually couldn't: There's a story that when recording "Happy Jack," the group kicked Keith out when they were recording the vocals. But if you listen at the end of the song, you'll hear Pete yell "I saw ya!" as he catches Keith trying to sneak back into the studio to sing on the track.

Shannon Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by racingfan View Post
    Weird to think about him as an older man. I just can't picture it. Some people are just meant to die young, I think.
    I thoght the same thing, I was even going to mention that. He was the same age as I am and I don't hardly feel like lived yet.

I'da done him...pre sanitarium.

Shannon Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KCBee View Post
    Circa 1967, I would not say no to him

Circa 1967, I would not say no to him
    Me too!
    Cindy

Rosebud666 Guest

Wink Keith invited to play closing ceremony of London Olympics

The organizers of the London Olympics approached the manager of the Who to request that Keith Moon play at the closing ceremonies.

According to manager Bill Curbishley

"I emailed back saying Keith now resides in Golders Green crematorium, having lived up to the Who's anthemic line 'I hope I die before I get old'," . . . "If they have a round table, some glasses and candles, we might contact him."

CORONERGAL Guest
    ^^^Good God! Seriously?????^^^

I loved Keith! Loved watching him on the drums. Sadly, when I finally got to see The Who in '79 he was no longer with us. I must agree that he was, shall we say, vocally challenged. But that didn't change the way he played drums.

(At the risk of being drawn and quartered, I am also a big fan of Phil Collins and I love his singing. Have seen Genesis more times than I can remember and even met him once. Very nice, very funny. This was around '83 or so.)

Red Leary Guest
    Fantastic laugh.

Not only that, but John Lennon's "Lost Weekend" was a year partying with Keith....I guess John only remembered three days of it, which is why it is called a weekend.
    I think you will find the main protagonist in Lennon's lost weekend was Harry Chapin (as well as May Pang). Keith put in the odd cameo appearance.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

havoc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    I think you will find the main protagonist in Lennon's lost weekend was Harry Chapin (as well as May Pang). Keith put in the odd cameo appearance.
    I thought it was Harry Nilsson?

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post

I also suspect you must be confusing Harry Chapin and Harry Nilsson. Nilsson and Lennon hung out a lot together. I know a lot about Harry Chapin and I have never heard anything about him and John being friends, although that would have been totally awesome. I think Harry Chapin was too busy saving the world to party much.

I remember when Rolling Stone reviewed one of Billy Joel's early albums and called him "a second-rate Harry Chapin": Ouch, that must have hurt!

mc79 Guest
    BONZO & KEITH. Phil Collins name should never even be wrote within in the same book of these great drummer's ..Collins was only after money from songs that had heavy backing and "Pop" hits... Who else would write and play a song written for Beer Company Sells..

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    I also suspect you must be confusing Harry Chapin and Harry Nilsson. Nilsson and Lennon hung out a lot together. I know a lot about Harry Chapin and I have never heard anything about him and John being friends, although that would have been totally awesome. I think Harry Chapin was too busy saving the world to party much.

I remember when Rolling Stone reviewed one of Billy Joel's early albums and called him "a second-rate Harry Chapin": Ouch, that must have hurt!
    I suspect you are right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Roger Daltrey reveals Olympic blunder

The Who rocker Roger Daltrey has poked fun at the organisers of the 2012 London Olympics after they emailed the band and requested the presence of late drummer Keith Moon at the opening ceremony.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/c...#ixzz1u90NFBG6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by KCBee View Post
    Oh man, I'd've done him to death. (oops) Also, we have the same name, so it would've been a blessed unison down here in the South!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

Never really knew much about this fella until I watched his Final 24 episode on YouTube.

He was a a cutie - am I the only one who thinks it's "odd" that he had 24 "undisolved" Heminevrin in his stomach at the time of his autopsy? That doesn't sound like an accident, but I am no pro. I dunno - sad story all the same... =(
    My Posse's On Broadway

Shannon Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    Never really knew much about this fella until I watched his Final 24 episode on YouTube.

He was a a cutie - am I the only one who thinks it's "odd" that he had 24 "undisolved" Heminevrin in his stomach at the time of his autopsy? That doesn't sound like an accident, but I am no pro. I dunno - sad story all the same... =(
    Oh yes, very cute!
    Yeay. He died before those pills could get digested. It does make you wonder if he didn't die from something else. I read somewhere that he choked on his vomit, who knows tho.

Oh yes, very cute!
    Yeay. He died before those pills could get digested. It does make you wonder if he didn't die from something else. I read somewhere that he choked on his vomit, who knows tho.
    I was thinking maybe he did it on purpose... I mean who takes THAT many pills and expects to be okay? I mean really...

Sad Story...
    My Posse's On Broadway

Shannon Guest
    Maybe he did. Another theory is Keith was a huge pill poper, taking massive amounts of anything. Maybe he thought he could handle it. A good read on him is "Moon, The Life and Death of a Rock Legend" by Tony Fletcher.

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post

Definitely, it was Harry Nilsson, not Chapin, who partied through the 70's with Lennon. It's all in the documentary "Who Is Harry Nilsson....And Why is Everybody Talkin' About Him?" Moon also died in the London residence of Harry Nilsson, the same apartment where "Mama" Cass Elliott died in 1974.

Maybe he did. Another theory is Keith was a huge pill poper, taking massive amounts of anything. Maybe he thought he could handle it. A good read on him is "Moon, The Life and Death of a Rock Legend" by Tony Fletcher.
    Agreed, that is a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by StudioJoe View Post
    Definitely, it was Harry Nilsson, not Chapin, who partied through the 70's with Lennon. It's all in the documentary "Who Is Harry Nilsson....And Why is Everybody Talkin' About Him?" Moon also died in the London residence of Harry Nilsson, the same apartment where "Mama" Cass Elliott died in 1974.
    That's always given me chills (in a good way -- I am a death hag after all) that they died in the same apartment. Makes me wonder if there's something in the air in that building...

I stumbled across this old article I had cut out.

Jacksmum Guest
    Happy Birthday Keith

Shannon Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmum View Post
    Happy Birthday Keith
    I got my Keith Moon tee shirt on.
    Anyone going to see the Who do Quadrophenia? I seen them do it in 1996. I'm hoping to go this year. Would it be wrong to ware a Gene Vincent shirt to a Quadrophenia concert? I may get beat up

Quote Originally Posted by racingfan View Post
    That's always given me chills (in a good way -- I am a death hag after all) that they died in the same apartment. Makes me wonder if there's something in the air in that building...
    Of the myriad demons that haunted Nilsson, yeah, he probably blamed himself for their deaths in some way. Much as Moon never forgave himself for accidently running over his chauffeur.

Levon Helm................Drummer & Singer with some measure of success..RIP KM & LH.