Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keith Moon

dr2red Guest

Keith Moon

He was a unique person and the stories about him are just wild.

Bellfire Guest
    I loved him as the perverted uncle in Tommy lol.

dr2red Guest
    I read something that said the other members of The Who tried to stop him from singing on the albums, he was a great drummer but not a great singer.

If you can find a copy, read the book Full Moon by Keith's assistant Dougal Butler. Great stories.

I read something that said the other members of The Who tried to stop him from singing on the albums, he was a great drummer but not a great singer.
    If you listen carefully at the end of Happy Jack you can hear Pete Townshend say "I saw you". The story being that the band had banned Keith from the vocal booth and Keith was making faces at them during the take.

relander Guest
    Yeah Moon was definitely over the top with his larger-than-life persona!

This bit from Wikipedia is just damn right hilarious:

"Keith Moon took 15 horse tranquilizers before the show. When he was informed this was almost 4 times the normal amount for a horse, his response was, "I'm fucking Keith Moon." The tranquilizers caused him to pass out during the middle of Won't Get Fooled Again, and later, Magic Bus. After this, the band looked into the audience and asked if "anyone knew how to play the drums." An audience member, Scott Halpin, filled in for Keith for the rest of the show"

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellfire View Post
    I loved him as the perverted uncle in Tommy lol.
    "I'm your wicked Uncle Ernie..I'm glad you can't see or hear me as I Fidlle about..Fiddle about!" sorry couldn't resist I loved him in that too!

candleinthewind Guest
    Mike Myers is supposed to play him in an upcoming movie.

motherogod Guest
    Yes, fiddling about... with the enema bag falling out of his pocket or suitcase or whatever. SHAW-KING... but totally Keith.

John Entwistle said before he died that Keith Moon had a pretty unique drumming style, he said that Keith was the only drummer he saw that played "through" the drum kit.

Recently just finished Moon: The Life and Death of a Rock Legend by Tony Fletcher. Really great book, about possibly the best rock and roll drummer of all time and about the band. Amazing talent.

The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

leevancleef Guest
    i loove Keith. ive recently found out that his ex wife, the beautiful Kim Moon ( then Kim Mclagan, she married Small Faces' member Ian mcLagan in 1978) died last summer .Car accident , i believe. What a shame.

Thats right, I remember hearing that now that you mention it
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

gbear Guest
    I wondered what happened to Kim. Sad to hear.

Danny62 Guest
    While performing with The Who on "The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour" one night in 1967, Keith Moon decided to surprise the audience by augmenting the band's standard pyrotechnic display with an enormous charge of gunpowder. At the end of "My Generation," Moon detonated his drums.

The upshot? Moon was blown into the air and cut by flying shrapnel from his cymbals. The explosion fried a camera, the studio's monitors, and much of guitarist Pete Townshend's hair, and left Townshend with permanent hearing damage.

Kugmu Guest

Keith moon was really good friends with Graham Chapman of monty python...could you imagine those two when they were out drinking! They were both as mad as each other!

according to wikipedia, a movie of his life will be coming out in '09 with mike myers starring as keith.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxojessicaxoxo View Post
    according to wikipedia, a movie of his life will be coming out in '09 with mike myers starring as keith.

Hmmmmm...Myers might actually be a good choice!!

That is a must see!! The dude was talented but had some obvious screws loose. I am sure the alcohol excess didn't help any!!!

ladymercury Guest
    Here is the link about Keith's ex

http://www.austin360.com/music/conte...immclagan.html

Yeah, I think Meyers might actually pull it off.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

lois steeme Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dr2red View Post
    He was a unique person and the stories about him are just wild.
    I just saw a documentary about Keith Moon the other day; I think it originally came from the E! network, but I watched an Italian version...go figure.

I couldn't believe some of the shenanigans that man got up to. We have all heard the Keith Moon stories, i.e. driving a Caddy into a swimming pool. What hurt me most I think was that he in such bad shape at the end.

The documentary showed Keith never waking up after having asked his girlfriend for a lamb meal. It didn't show that he'd ingested anything other than his meal, but...and you will forgive my pun, who knows?

RIP Keith, you ol' rascal. If I am lucky, I will meet you anywhere anyhow I choose on the other side.

Grungegirl83 Guest
    Keith was handsome when he was young, and I don't think Mike Meyers is a good choice physically for the role. I do think he could pull off Keith's personality though.

Snoopy Guest
    Just saw the Final24 about his death the other night. He was quite a character and a life force for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kugmu View Post
    HISTERICAL!!!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    Mike Myers is supposed to play him in an upcoming movie.
    Great choice!

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Great choice!
    i disagree. mm is like 45 and doesnt look like keith at all. hes a big who fan tho. im a who FANATIC!
    may the forces of evil get confused on the way to your house

leevancleef Guest
    I agree with Grungegirl, Keith was gorgeous when he was in his late teens and early 20s... All the booze, drugs, and wild parties destroyed his looks.
    When he died, he was 32 but he looked like a 48 year old man.

qulevergrrl Guest
    My husband is a great drummer and GIANT Keith Moon fan. He has all the books, dvds, videos, etc. of The Who. We own the entire catalogue. Moon's downfall was the lack of touring near the end. He was just hanging out. Idle hands, ya know. He was taking a medication that made you vomit when you drank. My husband is resting, or I'd ask him which. It wasn't the really popular one. Anyway, he took it and STILL drank. Self medicating for bipolar disorder. Fun guy, though. He had one of the two TRUE rock and roll relationships with Pamela Skankily, the "I'm with the band" chick.

Grungegirl83 Guest
    Yea he was taking Hemineveran(sp) but his drinking had gone down. He was a good person, who loved to make people laugh, and its unfortunate that he was so addicted.

Grungegirl83 Guest
    Heres a fun fact: When he was in rehab they caught him drinking aftershave

Quote Originally Posted by Grungegirl83 View Post
    Heres a fun fact: When he was in rehab they caught him drinking aftershave
    wow i thought i knew everything about the who?

never heard bout rehab. give that tidbit to scott

cherryghost Guest
    I think Keith Moon was cute! and a very funny wacky guy! But I think that wore off after a while!

cherryghost Guest
    The Mod look is still such a cool look!

Noelle Page Guest
    Was blasting "My Generation" the other day--man, what Keith does to those drums at the end. Genius and madness! He really had such a distinctive sound.

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by qulevergrrl View Post
    He had one of the two TRUE rock and roll relationships with Pamela Skankily, the "I'm with the band" chick.
    Aw, I like Pam. She gets a pass, no skank. Now there's someone whose movie bio should be made.

Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    The Mod look is still such a cool look!
    mod is way cool!

www.quadrophenia.net

Grungegirl83 Guest
    Yea, Dougal Butler(is that his name?) said it in an interview I saw

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Aw, I like Pam. She gets a pass, no skank. Now there's someone whose movie bio should be made.
    i kind of like her too. I own her bio "Im with the band".i remember that she seems to be very fond of Keith, she says that he was an extremely generous and sweet guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grungegirl83 View Post
    Yea, Dougal Butler(is that his name?) said it in an interview I saw
    i read dougals book years ago.

keith and his wife were a gorgeous mod couple!

anybody got info on mandy moon, keiths kid? actually any who kids?

Grungegirl83 Guest
    Mandy was on the "Final 24" documentary of Keith on the bio channel or something, that was aired 2 weeks ago. She resembles him for sure

cherryghost Guest
    Mandy Moon?

mandy is keiths daughter.

grunge, what channel is that 24 show on?

i c
    Last edited by charlesmansonsbabygirl; 02-09-2010 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    I think Keith Moon was cute! and a very funny wacky guy! But I think that wore off after a while!
    i agree! cute and whack! idda loved to hang out w him and oliver reed ala 1975! what fun!

anybody got pics of mandy moon?

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesmansonsbabygirl View Post
    anybody got pics of mandy moon?
    Yes, ive got some. Shes the spitting image of her father.

With Kim Moon. This picture was taken some months before Kim left Keith for good. Mandy was 8 when the pic was taken.

Kim and Mandy in 1980, two years after Keith's death. Mandy was 13 or 14 here.

o gosh thx!! wow shes got keiths eyes. i wonder how her life turned out?

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ladymercury View Post
    That car is a mess, no wonder she died.

Grungegirl83 Guest
    Poor Kim, Ian adored her. I actually got her into the Swinging 60's Chicks book, I contacted the author and gave him Ian's email addy, and Ian had Kim call him.

Mandy is married now and lives in California

cool. i love ronnie lane to...all those mods

poor kim