Thread: Erin Moran: "Happy Days" star, 56

Erin Moran: "Happy Days" star, 56

We all knew she had some issues, but she was too young.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/22/happy-...in-moran-dead/
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Yeah, a real surprise despite knowing she had issues.

Holy crud! Shocked. Any news on what she died from? My first feeling was heart related...but who knows???

I was pretty shocked too. I read that an autopsy is pending. I'm betting it was alcohol related. I know she had an alcohol problem but did she have a drug problem? Could an overdose be a possibility?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just saw it on FB. Shocked.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wow, way too young.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Sad, but not totally unexpected. It has been like watching a decade long train wreck.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Yeah, hit show... only to end up in a trailer park, never ends well.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Poor soul. Not surprised but still a sad loss. She was so cute in the early Happy Days episodes. I hope she can find some peace at last.

Very sad.

Man, I see a dark trend. Probably not surprise to some of you, but note how many late Baby Boomers have died of late. And I don't think it's just famous ones. Between the oldest Boomers and younger ones like Moran, I can just see tidal wave of such deaths in the next several years.

A Minor Consideration
    https://www.facebook.com/minorcon/

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    Yeah, hit show... only to end up in a trailer park, never ends well.
    Ending up in a trailer park isn't so bad-Far cry from Hollywood, Yes..However, I guess it just depends on what kind of a park it is...I'm sure there could be some scuzzy ones out there..
    We have some pretty elaborate trailer parks, Now known as manufactured home communities near here..
    From what I've been reading its suggested she had been living in motels for a while.
    Apparently she did have alcohol issues and sounds like she could have been a nasty type drunk too and had at one point brawled with a elderly lady who was trying to help her out of homelessness, Then according to other articles she became combative with her MIL with whom she had been
    living with in Indiana in a trailer park..After being evicted from there it is suggested that she had been staying in motels.
    How much of this is fact? I dunno.
    I do wonder where she passed away..Hope she has found peace.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 04-23-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Ending up in a trailer park isn't so bad-Far cry from Hollywood, Yes..However, I guess it just depends on what kind of a park it is...I'm sure there could be some scuzzy ones out there..
    We have some pretty elaborate trailer parks, Now known as manufactured home communities near here..
    From what I've been reading its suggested she had been living in motels for a while.
    Apparently she did have alcohol issues and sounds like she could have been a nasty type drunk too and had at one point brawled with a elderly lady who was trying to help her out of homelessness, Then according to other articles she became combative with her MIL with whom she had been
    living with in Indiana in a trailer park..After being evicted from there it is suggested that she had been staying in motels.
    How much of this is fact? I dunno.
    I do wonder where she passed away..Hope she has found peace.
    If I ended up in an upscale trailer park for my remaining years I would be just as content as I am today. However, if I made millions and then ended up there, getting evicted or nearly homeless, I would be scratching my head wondering where did I go wrong? Most of us have seen photo's of her ragged appearance the last few years and were left wondering "what the hell happened to her?" I've often wondered if she may have suffered from mental illness, I seem to remember her not wanting to participate in an HD reunion in the early 90's because she says she wasn't treated well on the set. I think her and Scott Baio were an item at one time and fell out, that could've been the reason. My wish for anyone battling addictions or mental illness is that they find the will and desire to overcome, she passed way too soon and didn't have to. I'm also 56, and I still feel like I have many more years left.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Shocked. I hope she rests in peace.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Holy crap!! I didn't see this one happening!! I pray that she's found peace.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

If I ended up in an upscale trailer park for my remaining years I would be just as content as I am today. However, if I made millions and then ended up there, getting evicted or nearly homeless, I would be scratching my head wondering where did I go wrong? Most of us have seen photo's of her ragged appearance the last few years and were left wondering "what the hell happened to her?" I've often wondered if she may have suffered from mental illness, I seem to remember her not wanting to participate in an HD reunion in the early 90's because she says she wasn't treated well on the set. I think her and Scott Baio were an item at one time and fell out, that could've been the reason. My wish for anyone battling addictions or mental illness is that they find the will and desire to overcome, she passed way too soon and didn't have to. I'm also 56, and I still feel like I have many more years left.
    I know I feel the same way you do about it-
    I'm 54 ish and hope I'll be around for a long time.
    Its sad how things went for her.

I think she had mental issues. And a problem with alcohol from what I have read. I have read nothing about her family except her husband or ex-husband and her MIL. I really hope those she worked with in the past tried to help her...I read Henry Winkler tried but who knows.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	erinmoran131455-300x300.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	54241  

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post

I think she had mental issues. And a problem with alcohol from what I have read. I have read nothing about her family except her husband or ex-husband and her MIL. I really hope those she worked with in the past tried to help her...I read Henry Winkler tried but who knows.
    You're right Leasie, I've read that several of the cast members tried to help, including Howard, Winkler and Baio. Unfortunately we all probably know more than one person in our lives that go down that road and accept our help, as long as it's on their terms, which never works out. At some point we realize we're becoming their enabler and have to step away, hoping they'll finally figure it out. This one really caught a lot of us off guard.
    --William Shakespeare!

She was a very talented actress. What a sad ending, I hope she has peace now. RIP Erin.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I had the pleasure of meeting her a few years ago. She was, at least to me, a very kind, sweet person.

Poo Bah MCGee Guest
    Even when she was younger, during the show, she had issues with her money and fame. The slow, downward spiral was touched with substance abuse, alcoholism, and a general "lurch" away from stability. According to the AP article, she had just been evicted from an Indiana trailer park "for her hard partying". Recent photos showed her looking weather beaten and overweight. What bothered me most were the sickly sweet testimonials from former co-stars. No, I don't think they were responsible to save her from herself, but they sounded cloying to me, especially as she fell from the precipice of Hollywood grace.

Coroner reported she died of complications of cancer and no drugs were found http://www.wjcl.com/article/happy-da...leased/9550593

She kept her cancer a bit of a secret. I just watched Ron Howard on, "The Talk" express surprise over the fact that she had cancer.
    Last edited by cleanskull; 04-25-2017 at 11:56 AM.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Still kinda fuzzy on where they "found her"...
    My Posse's On Broadway

Always heard if you get throat cancer it's a death sentence... Anyone know someone who has beat it?
    --William Shakespeare!

No. Makes me wonder about Michael Douglas.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yeah, re: trailer parks, they can really run the gamut. We have some around here that are your complete stereotype, "trailer trash", yards full of junk, dirty kids, trailers all dilapidated, lined up in a row with maybe 10 feet between each one, shirtless drunk neighbors, all the goods. But when I went to Alabama, we went through a mobile home community that was beautiful. I didn't even realize we were in a "trailer park" at first. Huge, beautifully manicured yards, some of the homes looked like they were more than one story even, but they were all nice looking. My grandparents lived in a house in South Minneapolis (the good side of town) but wanted to downsize after they retired and move out to the burbs where my parents had moved (we also lived on the south side about 8 blocks from my grandparents when I was born) when I was about 4 to be closer to us so they bought a mobile home and found a really nice park with a good association. They had a nice porch, a nice corner lot with a big yard, nice garage, still had plenty of room but not as much to take care of as they did with owning a large house in the city. That park has gone downhill since, unfortunately, but it was really nice when they lived there. Eventually my grandma got an apartment after my grandpa died just to make things easier for her. But anyway...

Henry Winkler sent out a really nice tweet about her, I don't remember exactly (it came on this screensaver info channel thing on Xfinity when you pause an OnDemand show too long) something like he hopes she now finds the peace she couldn't find in life, or something. He seems like a nice man.

What reality show was it that Erin was it on? Was it Celebrity Rehab or Celebrity Fit Club? I can't remember, but I remember her being kind of a mess on that show. I agree with Henry.

Throat cancer. That's a shock. I guess we were all wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lived in several trailers, but never a park. Mama moved Sissy and Baby into one while I was in collage. It was a dump in every sense of the word. She turned the oven on once and fire shot out and singed her hair.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

It seems trailer parks have a life cycle like living things. You mentioned the once-upscale one that has since decayed. Not long ago I with a friend explored a lot that was once a trailer park. Not much to see; just patches of spotty pavement and round clearings where the trailers once rested, with arcing roads connecting them. You wouldn't necessarily know what you were seeing if someone didn't point it out. A more interesting site was an (also abandoned) arcade and putt putt business a little ways down the road, complete with scary clowns painted on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I never have believed him OR Magic Johnson..They have been around too long after their so called "diagnosis"
    It was probably some pathetic attempt to play the sympathy card thinking it would revive their careers?
    I think it showed class that she kept it private instead of going public all in the name of "awareness" Jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Throat cancer. That's a shock. I guess we were all wrong.
    She was a long time smoker too...I see mentioned the drug/alcohol use but have not seen where anyone has addressed
    the long term cigarette smoking..
    BTW has anyone seen the articles on what that self righteous ass Scott Baio has been spouting off on?
    He' a real pc of work! (Eye roll)

Lived in several trailers, but never a park. Mama moved Sissy and Baby into one while I was in collage. It was a dump in every sense of the word. She turned the oven on once and fire shot out and singed her hair.
    I had that happen in an apartment I lived in eons ago, Old nasty stove that looked like it had been delivered on the Mayflower! you had to light if you wanted to use it- My 4 year old was standing next to me and I had just told her to go pick up her toys in the L.R.
    When I lit the oven and SWOOSH! Thank god it was only slightly singed eyebrows in my case and that my little one wasn't standing there with me!
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 04-25-2017 at 08:18 AM.

She must have caught the cancer too late. I have known two people in my life that survived throat cancer.

Just a comment hisandhearse, most likely Magic Johnson's HIV diagnosis is correct/true. It's not what it was 25-30 years ago. A lot of folks are living longer healthier lives due to meds and education. That doesn't mean it's not something to worry about - there's still no cure, not likely to be anytime soon - and if one stops the meds or doesn't stick to the program, it can still kill you in an unpleasant way. But you'd be amazed how well the majority are doing.

I wonder if there was a history of cancer in her family. I don't know much about throat cancer, but I have heard that it is quite rough. Husband said that she died while holding his hand.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Jonathan Demme had esophageal cancer also

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-pe...-idUSKBN17S27R

I read somewhere that Michael Douglas stated that his throat cancer was caused by "human papillamavirus", a sexually transmitted disease usually caused by oral sex. Since I have no medical training I have to wonder how this can actually happen, never heard it before. I have to admit that I find it noble that Erin kept her illness from the public for the most part, she obviously wasn't seeking sympathy.
    --William Shakespeare!

I read somewhere that Michael Douglas stated that his throat cancer was caused by "human papillamavirus", a sexually transmitted disease usually caused by oral sex. Since I have no medical training I have to wonder how this can actually happen, never heard it before. I have to admit that I find it noble that Erin kept her illness from the public for the most part, she obviously wasn't seeking sympathy.
    I've heard of it before. In fact a few years ago I'd read an article that it was on the rise being transmitted that way.

I saw the crap Scott Baio was saying then he tried to back pedal and say he wasn't saying she died of drugs. Then he said everyone was attacking him because he supports Trump. I tweeted to him, "No it's because you're a dick." The stuff he said was just heartless and cruel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IIRC Michael also explicitly named his ex-wife as the one who gave it to him. I can't think of her name- that lusty Latin lady? So he sort of told the whole world she was- let's say unclean.

jefehaa Guest
    your right

Quote Originally Posted by Follower View Post
    IIRC Michael also explicitly named his ex-wife as the one who gave it to him. I can't think of her name- that lusty Latin lady? So he sort of told the whole world she was- let's say unclean.
    um actually that statement is not true, even the cleanest person can carry the HPV, and yes it is transmitted sexually body fluids.