Thread: A Grave for Ken Weatherwax, Pugsley Addams

A Grave for Ken Weatherwax, Pugsley Addams

Dear Death Hags:

Please consider donating to this cause:

Ken Weatherwax entertained us for decades because he portrayed Pugsley Addams on the 60's TV show The Addams Family (1964-1966). He spent his adult life working "behind the scenes". Full bio below.

Ken died of a heart attack on December 7, 2014. I am working directly with Ken's family, who are now ready have Ken's cremains inurned in a permanent home, but don't have the means.

That's when I stepped in.

I'm also working directly with Hollywood Forever Cemetery. Together we have found and reserved the perfect resting place for Ken in this historic cemetery.

Ken's resting place is close to Larry Drake from (LA Law and Dr. Giggles), Holly Woodlawn, Don Adams and Mickey Rooney. It's perfect.

This fundraiser will cover all costs. The cremation niche itself, transportation for Ken's family and if you are one of the first 50 to donate $100 or more, you are invited to attend an after party at Dearly Departed Tours' new home. The cemetery is generously providing an engraved stone with a small photograph.

Death Hags care for our dead. We've done this before, we can do it again.

Please consider donating to Ken's cause.

There is no donation too small.

Thank you.

Scott Michaels

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7001 copy.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	356.8 KB 
ID:	54149Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7007.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	290.9 KB 
ID:	54150

https://www.generosity.com/memorial-...erwax/x/670342
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

I'm in as soonest. He sure did grow into a handsome man. RIP.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Bloody hell. You had to play the Holly Woodlawn card didn't you? I feel like Lou Reed is giving me the post death death stare right now. Will $7,500 cover him being cooked up and everything?

He's already cooked. Been 2 years. Just sitting on his nephew's shelf. They are a good family.

Got it. I'll see if I can schmooze up some dollars. It'll get sorted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Great effort.............................

navallint Guest
    I'll schmooze up a few, too.

I saw this on TMZ. They even mentioned you, Scott. http://www.tmz.com/2017/01/26/addams...ugsley-addams/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by RosiesRed View Post
    I saw this on TMZ. They even mentioned you, Scott. http://www.tmz.com/2017/01/26/addams...ugsley-addams/
    I hope it works. We care for our dead and Death Hags are the best.

Will scare up some funds shortly.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

I tried to post a link to the fundraiser page in the comment section of the TMZ article but TMZ didn't approve it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maybe they consider it advertising even though you're just trying to comment on the story. Who knows.

I had no idea Pugsley had no marker until you told me. The show's still on in reruns here, so he's still entertaining people. The lack of residuals back then causing issues like this today still astounds me. Perhaps whoever owns the show would consider donating to this worthy cause. The guy did, and is still, making them millions.

Ken's half-brother Don Keeler played Porky in the original incarnation of Lassie on television, the episodes with Tommy Rettig, which were much better than the later ones with Jon Provost and Robert Bray. He was related to Rudd Weatherwax, who trained the Lassies and many other dogs for television and movies. I'm surprised that the Weatherwax family can't pay for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddledy Gumbo View Post
    Ken's half-brother Don Keeler played Porky in the original incarnation of Lassie on television, the episodes with Tommy Rettig, which were much better than the later ones with Jon Provost and Robert Bray. He was related to Rudd Weatherwax, who trained the Lassies and many other dogs for television and movies. I'm surprised that the Weatherwax family can't pay for this.
    I'm surprised you'd make such a rude comment on Scott's thread. He didn't fall off a hay wagon, you know.
    Last edited by cindyt; 02-15-2017 at 04:12 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Being known in "the business" doesn't always translate into financial success. That's something I know well. Ken probably made $500 a week with no royalties or residuals.

I don't know anything about his immediate family, but the Weatherwax clan was fairly large when you look at all the aunts, uncles, and presumbably cousins he would have had. If they had had any interest in contributing to a memorial, they probably would have by now.

festerhead Guest
    Pugsley was so lovable.

Quote Originally Posted by festerhead View Post
    Pugsley was so lovable.
    Still is - just in a dead and rather kind of ashen way.

I yearn to see his urn properly ensconced.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I'm surprised you'd make such a rude comment on Scott's thread. He didn't fall off a hay wagon, you know.
    KEN WEATHERWAX, Pugsley, died at age 59 in 2014. His father was Rudd Weatherwax, owner and trainer of the Lassie dogs.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...rt-attack.html
    Last edited by Drew; 04-05-2017 at 02:48 PM.

Rudd Weatherwax was his uncle, not his father. Bob Weatherwax, Ken's cousin, sold the trademark and rights to Lassie in 2000.

I don't know much about Ken, but the fact he was in the Army by age 17, during the Vietnam era and made his living in set design or being a grip leads me to believe there was no huge Weatherwax family fortune available to him.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

I watched the live feed of Scott and the others giving him a memorial service. I loved it and thought it was such a kind hearted thing to do. Thank you to everyone involved in making it special, everyone deserves a proper send off, well mostly everyone, lol.