Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Andy Gibb

Quote Originally Posted by smg View Post
    Watched a thing about him on the Biography channel here in the UK the other night. According to the show the only thing Andy's ex wife wanted from his was to pay for thier daughters education which he did and this was still paid for by his brothers after he died.
    It's nice to hear that about him. Wish the biography would air here.

He was such a hottie. I have heard that his ex-wifes family was pretty well off so that sounds about right. I'm sure his daughter would have rather had a father around her.
    My Posse's On Broadway

PurrPurr Guest
    This coming Friday, he would have been 52. Hard to believe he's been gone 22 years March 10. I actually cried when I heard the news the day it happened.

It is hard to believe it's been almost 22 years since Andy's been gone. So sad. What a loss to the music world. It almost seems like yesterday when I had attended one of his concerts back in the late 70's.

From what I've read, it seems the Gibb brothers do keep in contact with Andy's daughter, Peta - I believe is her name. She sure bears a strong resemblance to Andy.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kaseyko1 View Post
    It is hard to believe it's been almost 22 years since Andy's been gone. So sad. What a loss to the music world. It almost seems like yesterday when I had attended one of his concerts back in the late 70's.

From what I've read, it seems the Gibb brothers do keep in contact with Andy's daughter, Peta - I believe is her name. She sure bears a strong resemblance to Andy.
    Did she get married not long ago...or am I thinking of someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    Did she get married not long ago...or am I thinking of someone else?
    PurrPurr, I think you are right. I had forgotten about that. It seems she got married just within the past yr, if my memory serves me correctly.

Yep, she did.

Andy's daughter married
    Peta Reeder-Gibb (daughter of Andy Gibb and Kim Reeder) of "Gamester Staffordshire Bull Terriers" married Matt Weber at Curzon Hall on January 19, 2008 It was called the Sydney dog scene's wedding of the year.

from left to right: Grandfather of the bride, Ron Reeder, mother of the bride Kim Reeder-Gibb, the bridal couple, Peta and Matt, Julie Reeder and her husband, Rodney, the bride's uncle, and Kerry Reeder, the bride's aunt.
    And this:

Andy would be grand father.
    Peta (daughter of Andy Gibb and Kim Reeder) and her husband Matt Weber are the proud parents of a baby boy named Darby Matthew!
    He was born on June 10th.
    Congratulations!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peta-gibb.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	27643  

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Yep, she did.

And this:
    Thanks for the update! Didn't realize they had a baby boy. Was Darby born this year or last year? And have you seen any pictures of Darby?

The baby announcement was from last year.

I haven't searched for any pics of Darby but here's where I found that stuff above. You might find some there: http://www.brothersgibb.org/familynews.html

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    The baby announcement was from last year.

I haven't searched for any pics of Darby but here's where I found that stuff above. You might find some there: http://www.brothersgibb.org/familynews.html

Thanks for the link & good info. I wasn't able to find any pictures of Darby. Hopefully some will show up soon.

You're welcome.

It is hard to believe it's been almost 22 years since Andy's been gone. So sad. What a loss to the music world.
    I heard his coke dealer is still pissed, lost his best customer.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Ehhh - he still has Victoria Principal!!
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    No doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post

You know, what's really sad is in an interview with Robin Gibb he stated that right at the end of Andy's life, while he was staying at Robin's estate in London, he had become so drunk that he kept falling down & into walls. And what's really, really sad, is that on one of his falls he had knocked out most of his front teeth.

Elizabeth Guest
    I still miss Andy.....wonder what his life would be like had things not happened the way they did.....

I am glad Peta seems happy and well-adjusted.....Kim seemingly did a good job raising her.....

PurrPurr Guest
    Bwahaaa, we must share the same brain. I was about to say he could hit up Old Plastic Face.

No doubt.

You know, what's really sad is in an interview with Robin Gibb he stated that right at the end of Andy's life, while he was staying at Robin's estate in London, he had become so drunk that he kept falling down & into walls. And what's really, really sad, is that on one of his falls he had knocked out most of his front teeth.
    OMG, that is one of the saddest things I've heard.

LOL

No doubt.

I still woulda done him...
    My Posse's On Broadway

I still woulda done him...
    I'm guessing you would have been on top?

Quote Originally Posted by KCBee View Post
    I'm guessing you would have been on top?
    Hey it's Andy Gibb!!
    My Posse's On Broadway

I am still totally in love with Andy Gibb...he seemed very sweet, caring and personable, and I bet he was an awesome lover! I sure would do him!

Alexa Guest

Andy's Death Certificate

I'll sing this song AGAIN since Find A Death refuses to correct the error.

On Andy's death certificate, the informant is listed as Bernice Barbara Gibb, sister.

Someone told Find A Grave that Bernice Barbara is Andy's mother. That is incorrect. Andy's mother's name is Barbara Mary Pass Gibb.

The sister referred to is Bernice Barbara Gibb, the daughter of Andy's sister Lesley. Bernice, known as "Beri", was raised by Andy's parents, her grandparents, and she and Andy always considered themselves siblings, hence, on the certificate, she says she is his sister.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way for another year,

Andy, we miss you terribly. We wish you had been able to be with us longer, to know your daughter and grandson, and to have had years of fun with your brothers. We know you and Mo are serenading your fans who have joined you in Heaven. Thank you for the beautiful music.

Rest in peace.

Alexa Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cdolen View Post
    I am still totally in love with Andy Gibb...he seemed very sweet, caring and personable, and I bet he was an awesome lover! I sure would do him!

Now that's funny. I'm sure we all would have liked a go, or two, with Andy. Poor guy would be worn out, for sure.

Just the other night, I showed my daughter an online picture of Roger Moore (James Bond), taken years before he did Bond, while he was doing The Saint. She leaned toward the computer screen and said, "Oh, wow! I'd do him. Twice. And if he wasn't good, I'd force myself. He's gorgeous." I accidentally stumbled across his pic and was myself taken aback at how handsome he was, thus, our conversation. Your comment reminded me.

Back to Andy.................

Three of my ultimate favorite Andy Gibb performances. In advance, many thanks to You Tube fans "amulyur" and "andysdesire" for posting these on that site- they are three of my VERY favorites and I watch them almost every day. Andy, you are always in the hearts and minds of many, many people every day. You are handsome, beautiful inside and out, and I will love you and your music forever and ever. XOXOXO, Love always!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqCmGQKmGnw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPjY_lUQhlI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzTmFmBOQVU

PurrPurr Guest
    22 years today since his unfortunate passing.

RIP Andy.

innervoice Guest
    RIP, Andy. I'll stop by and bring you some flowers soon.

HappyCat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cdolen View Post
    Three of my ultimate favorite Andy Gibb performances. In advance, many thanks to You Tube fans "amulyur" and "andysdesire" for posting these on that site- they are three of my VERY favorites and I watch them almost every day. Andy, you are always in the hearts and minds of many, many people every day. You are handsome, beautiful inside and out, and I will love you and your music forever and ever. XOXOXO, Love always!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqCmGQKmGnw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPjY_lUQhlI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzTmFmBOQVU
    Thanks for sharing those links...I just spent the last half hour watching Andy clips. Man! I had forgotten how handsome he was.

It's hard to believe it's been 22 years today that we lost Andy. RIP, Andy.

girlnamedfaerie Guest
    I just paid him a visit a couple of weeks ago.

That's the Daisy I brought for him sticking out from the top of his crypt.

Elizabeth Guest
    Andy, we love and miss you now more than ever.....

"An everlasting love", indeed....

He was a beautiful ~ beautiful man.... Just pretty, even though men shouldn't be, he was.
    My Posse's On Broadway

candleinthewind Guest
    I was just reading through this thread again and really enjoyed everyone's thoughts about Andy Gibb and sharing our teen heartthrob memories. I still enjoy his music and my kids know to be quiet when his songs come on the radio in the car and they ignore me while I sing loudly.

stacebabe Guest
    Funny to see this thread pop up -- even though it's not Andy, I've had the BeeGees "How Deep is Your Love" stuckin my head all day.

Fancynancy Guest
    I always felt so sorry for Andy--he had more breaks than a lot of people, granted; but he was so damaged. This was someone who didn't see his own child until she was two. There had to be some issues there other than irresponsibility and selfishness. Even if he didn't love Kim, how do you ignore your own daughter?
    Then there was the heartbreak over Victoria Principal--some people just find it incredibly difficult to move on when a relationship was over and she flatly devasated him. Biography aired about two weeks ago and he was doing an interview admitting to how hard it was; especially in light of the fact that she seemed to get over it with no problem at all.
    And then there is Maurice's story of them driving away after the funeral. he looked back through the window and saw Andy's casket out there just all alone. It's your baby brother and there was nothing you were able to do.

Ive been hearing him a lot at work. I asked my friend to burn some cds for me its actually quite good stuff.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

sablegsd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dovescry1999 View Post
    O.K.
    Andy was married, before meeting the Trollop of Beverly Hills. He deserted his wife, (He married TOO young, in my opinion). He had a daughter, that he met only once or twice, and was so caught up in the fame game, that he could not be bothered.
    Please, don't get me wrong, I have loved Andy since I first saw him(And still love Barry, to this day)
    Andy died from a Heart condition, that he had from birth, but was extremley aggravated by his cocaine use. His brother did try to save him. Robin had him living in one of his houses at the time, and he still snuck off, and started drinking.

Victoria Principal will always have a soft spot in the pit of Hell for what she did. She tried to play Goody Goody, and she isn't.

A side note: I think Andy's death, led to the death of his father.
    And, since Maurice's death, Barry and Robin haven't spoken. (It may have had something to do with long lingering jealousy form the 60s-70s)
    It may be because Robin is a complete nutcase.

Alexa Guest
    Originally posted by dovescry1999
    And, since Maurice's death, Barry and Robin haven't spoken. (It may have had something to do with long lingering jealousy form the 60s-70s)

I beg to differ. Barry and Robin have performed together since Mo's death, so obviously they've said something to each other.

Other than that, I have to agree with what you said. And agree with you, too, sablegsd.

Last edited by Alexa; 03-27-2010 at 08:42 PM.

Barry & Robin didn't speak for many years. Their feud stemmed from a huge disagreement on the memorial for Maurice. It's been awhile since I've read both of their interviews, but one of the brothers had set up a memorial for Mo without the other brother having any input into how the memorial was to be set up. This caused a lot of hard feelings between the two. Very unfortunate.

But on a brighter side, they have made amends & do speak with each other again. I don't think they plan on ever singing together again, though. Again, very unfortunate. It seems that both brothers are really spending a lot of time with their children in helping them establish their musical careers. I think probably more Barry than Robin, though.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sablegsd View Post
    It may be because Robin is a complete nutcase.
    That one is definitely a couple quarters short of a dollar.

candleinthewind Guest
    Didn't Robin get a housekeeper pregnant while his wife was some kind of celibate priestess? (or something like that)

Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    Didn't Robin get a housekeeper pregnant while his wife was some kind of celibate priestess? (or something like that)
    I think you're right about that. And I never did find the full story on why his ex wasn't wanting him to see their kids.

Alexa Guest
    Yes, the stories about Robin, the housekeeper, the celibate priestess wife, etc. are true. Not to mention bizarre. But Robin and Barry DID get together and performed on Dancing With the Stars a few months ago, and they were very good. That's why I said they must have said something to each other at some point.

Sadly, the family has had its share of issues.

Does anyone else see the resemblance between Heath Ledger and Andy Gibb?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Snoopy Guest
    I definately see the resemblance love me some Andy and Heath!

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexa View Post
    Yes, the stories about Robin, the housekeeper, the celibate priestess wife, etc. are true. Not to mention bizarre. But Robin and Barry DID get together and performed on Dancing With the Stars a few months ago, and they were very good. That's why I said they must have said something to each other at some point.

Sadly, the family has had its share of issues.
    I think that whole family got messed up at some point.

Today would've been his 53rd birthday. Wonder if there's any age-enhancing software around to give us an idea of what he'd looked like?

I think that whole family got messed up at some point.

Today would've been his 53rd birthday. Wonder if there's any age-enhancing software around to give us an idea of what he'd looked like?
    I would still do him...
    My Posse's On Broadway

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    Everything Man is the first 45 I ever bought. I also bought a magazine with a poster of Andy inside. When I looked at it I saw an open shirt with way too much chest hair for my 11 year old self and put it away in a panic.
    LOL! I was taking a drink of coffee when I read this and almost snarfed it all over my keyboard.

I know exactly what you mean, though, candleinthewind. I was also terrified by Andy's chest hair! I was 10 or 11 and I liked my boys more on the pubescent-looking side like Leif or Shaun.

KallyKatt Guest

Smile

I love Andy Gibb!

Oogie Boogie Guest
    I was about to say he could hit up Old Plastic Face.

Come on now, Victoria's smooth, immobile face is not the result of plastic surgery. It's because she uses Principal Secret skincare (available on an infomercial near you)!

...and if you believe that, I have some swampland in Nevada I'd like to sell you

walts_loving_wife Guest
    Ya"ll are WRONG! Funny as hell..but wrong