Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy Gibb

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I just recently watched Sooner Or Later via Netflix. My husband pulled it out of the envelope and was like WTF?

It sure doesn't stand up now like it did when I was 13 and in love with Rex Smith. My god, how did he get those pants on! You could see Lincoln's face on the penny in his back pocket.

SistaSara Guest

Andy Gibb's Grave

DannaMarie24 Guest
    Great pic thanks for posting

SistaSara Guest

GODDESS6 Guest
    ^^^^super cool, thanx for sharing~ he is the only one who has flowers~ 'cept for the halloween stuff above him a couple of places~

Snoopy Guest
    Here's another!

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    whats the deal with the suntman next to him?

BeeCee Guest
    [SIZE=3]Okay the ghost photo and now this. Our anal network people must have something to do with blocking this. Someone tell me; is the graphic posted on this page or is it a link? I see no hint of either. [/SIZE]

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeCee View Post
    [SIZE=3]Okay the ghost photo and now this. Our anal network people must have something to do with blocking this. Someone tell me; is the graphic posted on this page or is it a link? I see no hint of either. [/SIZE]
    Don't see either..what ghost photo..do you mean one of Andy? cause that would be cool! LOL

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    u lost me beecee. u having trouble seeing gibbs grave?

Daphne Guest
    All I gotta say is 'be still my heart!" I ADORED Andy-and his hair lol, had a huge crush on him, as well as Donny Osmond earlier,

I still love the Bee Gees as well!

BeeCee Guest

Ghost of Andy Gibb...

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Don't see either..what ghost photo..do you mean one of Andy? cause that would be cool! LOL
    [SIZE=3]Hey, I'd be up for that too - LOL! No, I was referring to a photo in another post where someone was thinking they had gotten a ghost pic. I couldn't see that post either.[/SIZE]

cindysgold Guest
    What ?

dirk diggler Guest
    Prior to leaving Australia, Gibb had married his girlfriend, Kim Reeder. They had one child, a daughter named Peta Jaye, born January 25, 1978, but the couple was already separated at the time of Peta's birth and would divorce later that year. Gibb reportedly only met his daughter once in 1981. As of 2007 Peta is known as Peta J. Reeder-Gibb and breeds Staffordshire Bull Terriers as well as being a respected dog show judge in New South Wales, Australia.
    Kim's family lived in the next suburb to me i actually looked at some dogs her mum had for sale around that time .

kdeazell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dirttrackdemon3 View Post
    whats the deal with the suntman next to him?
    Ellis was a stuntman. He's on FAG.
    Kim

Rudy's Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    Everything Man is the first 45 I ever bought. I also bought a magazine with a poster of Andy inside. When I looked at it I saw an open shirt with way too much chest hair for my 11 year old self and put it away in a panic.

Speaking of Cassidy brothers though, Shaun was cute but David was dreamy. I watched the Partridge Family when I was in first grade when it was still on network tv before syndication. Before you do the math, that makes me 40.
    I was a movie extra in a really bad David Cassidy movie called Spirit of 76 years ago. I was sitting on a stair case with some other extras in an upcoming disco scene when up strolls David. He gets really close to me and says, Hi, whats going on? I just stood there and stared, he was just so lovely even in person with those eyes. He even had on his famous pooka shells for the scene....
    Last edited by Rudy's Girl; 10-26-2007 at 01:41 PM.

Mamma Guest
    I was a movie extra in a really bad David Cassidy movie called Spirit of 76 years ago. I was sitting on a stair case with some other extras in an upcoming disco scene when up strolls David. He gets really close to me and says, Hi, whats going on?
    Oh My Gosh !!! I have that movie in my collection .... I need to find it!

~Mamma

miamore73 Guest
    Andy Gibb was fine fine fine.

Damn they just don't make um like that anymore.

I mean fine.

Alexa Guest
    Thanks for the pictures of Andy's crypt. It's nice to see pics of it at different times with the bouquet changes.

Andy was a knockout. So talented. I remember how all the ladies thought Barry was such a hunk, but for me, when Andy came along, he had "it" (whatever "it" is) and he just blew me away. I could see all the potential in him and to this day, it saddens me immensely to remember that he didn't see it.

Andy was the FINEST of the FINE.

BeeCee, if you're having problems viewing something, post the link to it (if it'll work) so we can help figure out why.
    Last edited by Alexa; 10-28-2007 at 06:55 PM.

SueWahoo Guest
    One of my favorite vids is a copy of the Olivia! show from 1978. It stars Olivia Newton John, ABBA and Andy Gibb. I was watching it a couple of months ago and Andy started singing. My 5-year-old niece asked me: Is that a girl? Great show though!

Sue

Alexa Guest

Cool

Funny niece.

As a matter of fact, I had a similar conversation with my uncle recently at a baseball game. Because of a sign there (GIbbs), we got on the subject of the Gibb brothers. He commented that at first, upon, hearing their records, he thought all of them were girls. I reminded him that they made many records before using the falsetto voices and no one mistook them for girls. Then he mentioned that Andy looked and sounded like a girl, and I said, "Well, if that's so, than he was the hottest 'girl' even." Then I fanned myself. I think my uncle was just jealous because he wasn't gorgeous, rich, popular, and didn't have women hanging on his every word. Not to mention his serious lack of hair. Even Robin and Maurice in their balding days could run rings about my uncle.

I think he died of a spoiled heart... too much too fast, had he earned it like his brothers did he may have handled things better.

D3LIVIÃ?N Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zeeebear View Post
    [SIZE=3]Have you visited his gravesite before[/SIZE]?
    Yeah, every once in awhile I walk past his crypt and I do my own little shadow dance and sing shadow dancing. I amuse myself with that everytime.

My ex girlfriend from many years ago, her step father was the bass player for the Andy Gib band. He once told me that Andy got him rediculously high and left his ass for dead under a coffee table or something. He said that he had never forgiven him for leaving him behind when he thought he was going to OD. That's my two cents on that.

ukkylie Guest

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
    Prior to leaving Australia, Gibb had married his girlfriend, Kim Reeder. They had one child, a daughter named Peta Jaye, born January 25, 1978, but the couple was already separated at the time of Peta's birth and would divorce later that year. Gibb reportedly only met his daughter once in 1981. As of 2007 Peta is known as Peta J. Reeder-Gibb and breeds Staffordshire Bull Terriers as well as being a respected dog show judge in New South Wales, Australia.
    Kim's family lived in the next suburb to me i actually looked at some dogs her mum had for sale around that time .
    Her Mum, Kim, also bread champion Old English Sheep Dogs because we use to show them with her - she was part of our Kennel Club.

I don't recall ever meeting Peta, but I recall Kim, she was very sweet and kind. She and Andy did keep in contact because she knew I had a crush on him and got me an photo signed. I think I was about 10 at the time.

My Mum was very good friends with her family and I understand she still gets Christmas Cards from them.

desert hag Guest
    Not feeling quite as odd as I thought I was! I loved this kind of music and still listen to it. Andy's death seemed like such a waste, with his talent, looks and family support. I remember "Dont' Throw It All Away" was big when I had broken up with one of my first boyfriends. My family got quite tired of hearing it all the time!

kelbons Guest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqCmGQKmGnw

Satin jacket minus a shirt! Whoooooooo!!

Could those pants get any tighter???

Yeah, those pants are like a chaep hotel, no ballroom! Sorry, just had to!

Cadence71 Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by LMS0035 View Post
    That's a classic!

1karenhb Guest
    Attended a taping of "Solid Gold' when Andy and Marilyn McCoo were the hosts. He was still with VP at the time. I couldn't get over how skinny his legs were. They kept rehearsing "Endless Love" at least 20 times. It was many years before I could hear that song without screaming!

Elizabeth Guest

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by SistaSara View Post
    This pic breaks my heart....on an A&E bio of the BeeGees, Barry talks movingly about what a "sensitive soul" Andy was (Maybe that was what pushed him more towards the drugs--that and dealing with his break-up with Victoria), and then Barry talks about the funeral, and when they went to the crypt, they started to walk away and Barry looked back and all there was was Andy, alone in his coffin and ready to go in the crypt.....Mo, Robin and Barry all walked back and stayed with Andy until he was interred.....I was crying when he told this story.....

I love Andy Gibb.....a very talented and tormented man.....here's hoping he rests in peace...

Elizabeth Guest

Great Story

Quote Originally Posted by EthelMertz View Post
    I was a movie extra in a really bad David Cassidy movie called Spirit of 76 years ago. I was sitting on a stair case with some other extras in an upcoming disco scene when up strolls David. He gets really close to me and says, Hi, whats going on? I just stood there and stared, he was just so lovely even in person with those eyes. He even had on his famous pooka shells for the scene....
    Ethel, get thee to the David Cassidy Appreciation Thread.....

Cadence71 Guest
    ...can someone tell me how you search something to see if there is already a thread on it??

dovescry1999 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kelbons View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqCmGQKmGnw

Satin jacket minus a shirt! Whoooooooo!!

Could those pants get any tighter???
    Is it me...

These guys knew they were teen idols, yet they wore these seriously tight pants and jeans, knowing that young girls (And boys) would be looking at them.
    Now, I see it as disgusting, but then I didn't think that. I thought something was wrong with the front of there pants. Ahh...To be young and dumb again...

And,look how his fingers are pointing to it !!!
    Last edited by dovescry1999; 04-08-2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: had to add something

nodano Guest

OMG!!!!

I was sooooo in love with Andy, Shaun, and (God help me) Leif back in the day!!!!
    Even though I was older by then, (I was 21ish in 1988 when Andy died) I remember going through a VERY CONSIDERABLE mourning period when I heard he was gone. I still observe a moment of silence when I hear one of his tunes.

Oh, those pants!!!! I credit Andy Gibb and his tight-ass pants with my first appreciation of the "crotch bulge". I couldn't understand the full impact of what I was staring at at the time......I just knew.....it was good!!!!!!

Lil' Miss Principal secret did not deserve him. Had I been in that position(??) my I would have taken damn good care of that man!!!!!!

Amy

NOVSTORM Guest
    I have never figured out why it was VP fault that her ruined his heart doing coke? She did coke but not like him. He did coke booze and god knows what else. She may have decided to get off the crap and he wouldn't so she dumped him. If his family was that petty too bad for them. They had a relationship once and it didn't work but to ban her from his funeral was BS to me.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I think he died of a spoiled heart... too much too fast, had he earned it like his brothers did he may have handled things better.

amen

janel Guest
    Geez with their "boys" so bound up it's a wonder any of them procreated.

kelbons Guest
    LMAO I thought that too!!!

JestersKiss Guest

I had a live sized poster of this boy on my wall as a teen. He was very foxy!! LOL

kelbons Guest
    I just watched a boigraphy about the Bee Gees last night... ever notice how much Barry looked like Andy when he was young??

kelbons Guest

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by monhol View Post
    the family banned her?? THAT IS CRAZY. she was not the reason for his drug abuse. he chose drugs over her. you can not help an addict when he or she does not want help. by staying she would just been his enabler. she had every right to take flight. this type stuff really strikes a nerve in me. because i know alot of addicts and they and their families always blame someone else for their drug abuse. andy had been doing drugs for years. from what i hear it had something to do with him no longer hosting solid gold, and rex smith took his spot.
    sorry but it is my understanding...and I will look for the interview with Barry...that the reason she was shunned by them isn't because "she caused Andy's drug problem" That entire family was well aware that no one was the "cause" she was banned from the funeral for going on a media campaign after their split siting all of Andy's drug use as the cause of their break up...never mind that fact that everyone close to Andy and VP were well aware they BOTH used drugs...since then she has admitted to having a rather nasty habit herself....sorry but if some woman publicly bashed my brother in the media especially when they too are a drug user...I would most definitely ban them from his funeral...she could have just broke up with him but nooooooo...she had to bash him to the press which DIDN'T help his situation at all.

Guest Guest
    omg!

I just read in some rag a blip about Marie Osmond's autobiography...apparently Ms. Osmond claims that she lost her virginity TO ANDY GIBB!!!!!

bitch!

lab_rat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dovescry1999 View Post
    is it me...

These guys knew they were teen idols, yet they wore these seriously tight pants and jeans, knowing that young girls (and boys) would be looking at them.
    Now, i see it as disgusting, but then i didn't think that. I thought something was wrong with the front of there pants. Ahh...to be young and dumb again...

and,look how his fingers are pointing to it !!!
    roflmao!!!

Vamp Guest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v05WXj7cQmE

I love the song Shadow Dancing.

sheri Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LMS0035 View Post
    OMG!!!! ROFLMGDAO!!!!

That's hysterical....gotta remember it...anyone have pictures of Andy's daughter Peta. I remember what her mom - Andy's ex wife - looks like from one of those Behind The Music things that VH1 did once...it was either on Andy or his brothers, perhaps a combo one of all 4 of them.

Such a sad loss...Andy and Mo...lost way too young and way before we should have...

RIP Andy and Mo...you are missed and loved equally

sheri Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I have never figured out why it was VP fault that her ruined his heart doing coke? She did coke but not like him. He did coke booze and god knows what else. She may have decided to get off the crap and he wouldn't so she dumped him. If his family was that petty too bad for them. They had a relationship once and it didn't work but to ban her from his funeral was BS to me.
    As far as I am concerned, family can ban anyone from attending a family member's funeral. Victoria Principal was NOT Andy's wife/finace' at the time of his death, and since the Bee Gees ARE his family, they can invite/ban anyone they chose to as it related to Andy's funeral. Also, if I remember correctly, Victoria was bashing Andy in the media, and the last thing the Gibb family needed was more media flocking to Andy's funeral like flies to shi*. Especially given Victoria's penchant for NOT shutting up her mouth.

I never liked her, acts like she's Ms. Thang and then some and like her shi* don't stink. She needs to get off of her high horse and remember those who pay for all the crap she has.

I know if this were my mother's funeral, I'd ban her ex husband (whom also happens to be my bio father) so fast from her funeral, his friggin head would spin, and I would have every right to ban his ass as this is my mother, and his say so in her life ended when their divorce became final.

May Andy rest in eternal peace. He deserves at least that much

kelbons Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sheri View Post
    ...anyone have pictures of Andy's daughter Peta. I remember what her mom - Andy's ex wife - looks like from one of those Behind The Music things that VH1 did once...it was either on Andy or his brothers, perhaps a combo one of all 4 of them.
    Not good quality, but here's what I have...

Guest Guest
    totally their right to ban her and deservingly so...she was trashing him after their breakup!!!!

Since his death she claims she was the "love of his life" what ever!!!! yeah real loving thing to do is talk to the media every time he was in the news for one thing or another! BITCH!

I have a couple of half brothers and guess what? when my mother passes they will be banned from her funeral! they have said and done such horrible things towards our mother in her life why the heck would I want to see them in the event of her death?

couldn't show respect in life...don't need you or want you to pay respects at death

my abusive ex husband actually tried to show his face at my fathers service...my brother saw him pull into the lot of the funeral home and stopped him before he came in...told him YOU ARE NOT WELCOMED HERE! leave or I call the police

totally within a families right...and in the case of Andy Gibb I wouldn't have let that trash talking opportunistic media whore there either!