Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 457

Thread: DDII The Six Degrees of Helter Skelter

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wolfsschanze
    Posts
    7,886
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog0728 View Post
    wonder if this will be out on blu-ray?
    I doubt Scott has hi-def camera's following him around everywhere or the budget to put this out on blu-ray. were you just joking?

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    141
    i was joking however if you look, these ARE filmed in high definition. I doubt the budget allows them to put them on blu ray however burners and costs are coming down.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    141
    shorty from what i can find was found in 1977 (december) steve grogan drew a map to prove shorty wasnt cut into 9 pieces. Grogan was paroled in 1986 for this.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    162
    A few websites state that Grogan took authorities to the body in 1979 (the Court TV and Crime Library sites both state this) but the first page of his autopsy report clearly states that he was "found" on 12-15-77. When I exported this video I threw that title on to the beginning of the section to make up for the lack of voice over setting up the story and relied on Google to double-check the date (and Google failed me).

    We're filming in HD (technically HDV) and editing in that format. Unfortunately YouTube kills the video quality and it also stretches the video, top-to-bottom - the film is more widescreen than it appears. If we can put out a Blu-ray edition, we will, since I'm a film snob and you would definitely see a difference in quality. Consider that this film uncompressed will take up about 200 gigabites, and to put it onto a regular DVD you have to shrink it down to 4.7 gigabites - that's a lot of compression. Regardless, this film should look a lot better than the first Dearly Departed, which we edited in standard definition.

    I'm working on YouTubing a clip from our trip to Death Valley next.

    I think visiting the coroner is the creepiest thing we've ever done. They took us down to the crypt later (no cameras allowed) and we saw a room with about 80 bodies in it.
    Last edited by Filmmaker78; 02-27-2008 at 07:26 PM.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wolfsschanze
    Posts
    7,886
    Thanks for the info. you are doing a great job so far. Don't rush anything. Get it done right th first time

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Filmmaker78 View Post
    A few websites state that Grogan took authorities to the body in 1979 (the Court TV and Crime Library sites both state this) but the first page of his autopsy report clearly states that he was "found" on 12-15-77. When I exported this video I threw that title on to the beginning of the section to make up for the lack of voice over setting up the story and relied on Google to double-check the date (and Google failed me).

    We're filming in HD (technically HDV) and editing in that format. Unfortunately YouTube kills the video quality and it also stretches the video, top-to-bottom - the film is more widescreen than it appears. If we can put out a Blu-ray edition, we will, since I'm a film snob and you would definitely see a difference in quality. Consider that this film uncompressed will take up about 200 gigabites, and to put it onto a regular DVD you have to shrink it down to 4.7 gigabites - that's a lot of compression. Regardless, this film should look a lot better than the first Dearly Departed, which we edited in standard definition.

    I'm working on YouTubing a clip from our trip to Death Valley next.

    I think visiting the coroner is the creepiest thing we've ever done. They took us down to the crypt later (no cameras allowed) and we saw a room with about 80 bodies in it.
    Ok I get it. There's just different sources that say different things because of circumstances. It wasn't a big deal but I thought I might've been missing something important and so decided to ask.

    Thanks for putting these tidbits up for us to view and for all your work on the film.

    No cameras in the crypt = no fair!
    .

    Life goes on.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Home of the Flaming Koresh
    Posts
    1,662
    I found this about Grogan:

    In prison Grogan eventually renounced Manson and voiced his regret for his actions while in the Manson family. In 1977 he provided authorities with a map to the location to where Shea's body was buried. His remorse and his excellent prison record won him parole in November 1985 and he was released from prison. To this day, Grogan is the only Manson family member convicted of murder who has been released from prison
    If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?


    Hag O' Death

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    9,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Filmmaker78 View Post
    A few websites state that Grogan took authorities to the body in 1979 (the Court TV and Crime Library sites both state this) but the first page of his autopsy report clearly states that he was "found" on 12-15-77. When I exported this video I threw that title on to the beginning of the section to make up for the lack of voice over setting up the story and relied on Google to double-check the date (and Google failed me).

    We're filming in HD (technically HDV) and editing in that format. Unfortunately YouTube kills the video quality and it also stretches the video, top-to-bottom - the film is more widescreen than it appears. If we can put out a Blu-ray edition, we will, since I'm a film snob and you would definitely see a difference in quality. Consider that this film uncompressed will take up about 200 gigabites, and to put it onto a regular DVD you have to shrink it down to 4.7 gigabites - that's a lot of compression. Regardless, this film should look a lot better than the first Dearly Departed, which we edited in standard definition.

    I'm working on YouTubing a clip from our trip to Death Valley next.

    I think visiting the coroner is the creepiest thing we've ever done. They took us down to the crypt later (no cameras allowed) and we saw a room with about 80 bodies in it.
    Thanks for the update and additional Info!!!!

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hollywood, California
    Posts
    1,330
    honestly, the best place for Manson Family info is my pal Bret's website

    www.mansonfamilytoday.info

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Co Springs, CO
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    honestly, the best place for Manson Family info is my pal Bret's website

    www.mansonfamilytoday.info
    That is an awesome site Thanxs Scott!!!!!

    2008 Graduate of Tough Love Forum Therapy

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    740
    Thanks for the Video Preview!! Also, that Manson Family site is full of great information!! Thanks again Scott!! :-)

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,353
    ya tanks

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Behind the Orange curtain, CA
    Posts
    1,527
    I was just on the Dearly Departed tour recently and asked Scott about when we will see the DD2 DVD. He said probably in the next 3 months or so and that they were in post production.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    62
    Hello fellow death hags!! I'm new here and am enjoying the site very much. I can't wait for DD2's release. Wonder how many they will sell in the first day???

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,478
    All of them probably. We're a rabid bunch like that, LOL.
    .

    Life goes on.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Home of the Flaming Koresh
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Delivian View Post
    I was just on the Dearly Departed tour recently and asked Scott about when we will see the DD2 DVD. He said probably in the next 3 months or so and that they were in post production.
    Three months UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!


    If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?


    Hag O' Death

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Behind the Orange curtain, CA
    Posts
    1,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen_Death_Hag View Post
    Three months UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
    Better than 6 months or never right?

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Eastern TN
    Posts
    360
    It is hard to wait, eh? But I do understand that these things take time and the wait will make it all the sweeter.

    I had a dream out of nowhere that I was on the Dearly Departed tour last night. lol. I have never been on it, so I suppose my dream was just a representation of what I would imagine it to be. I plan on taking the tour in October when I will be in Southern CA. Can't wait, though that is pretty apparent given that it's invading my subconscious thoughts now. :P
    "Death is when the monsters get you." --Stephen King Salem's Lot

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Delivian View Post
    Better than 6 months or never right?
    Right

    Quote Originally Posted by ShellBell View Post
    It is hard to wait, eh? But I do understand that these things take time and the wait will make it all the sweeter.

    I had a dream out of nowhere that I was on the Dearly Departed tour last night. lol. I have never been on it, so I suppose my dream was just a representation of what I would imagine it to be. I plan on taking the tour in October when I will be in Southern CA. Can't wait, though that is pretty apparent given that it's invading my subconscious thoughts now. :P
    LOL
    .

    Life goes on.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    la la land
    Posts
    199
    And now they found more bodies up there at the ranch.............creepy sh*t i must say.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by miz rosebud View Post
    And now they found more bodies up there at the ranch.............creepy sh*t i must say.
    I heard that the bodies were only a few years old -- not sure if that's true.

    Still, I have little doubt that there are other Manson victims up there. The whole thing leads to another question, though: who else is burying people up there?

    Also, Lindsay Lohan (blah) has reportedly just signed on to play one of the Manson girls in an upcoming film about Manson.

    This story will never die. Ever.
    Last edited by Filmmaker78; 03-30-2008 at 09:32 AM.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Filmmaker78 View Post
    I heard that the bodies were only a few years old -- not sure if that's true.

    Still, I'm have little doubt that there are other Manson victims up there. The whole thing leads to another question, though: who else is burying people up there?

    Also, Lindsay Lohan (blah) has reportedly just signed on to play one of the Manson girls in an upcoming film about Manson.

    This story will never die. Ever.
    Well it ain't me. M'nope.

    Lindsay Lohan. She was born for that role. Mmm hmm.
    .

    Life goes on.

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    141
    i saw that about lohan on entertainment tonight, from the sound of it shes gonna play Nancy Pitman. Didnt go along for the murder, but did supposedly go tamper with the scene.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    I just read the entire thread and maybe I missed it if someone asked but Has Scott though about going out and interviewing Manson?

    That would be interesting. Not that Manson makes much sense anymore. Or ever did. LOL

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hollywood, California
    Posts
    1,330
    Scott has absolutely not. I can say that with a fair amount of certainty.

  26. #126
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,478
    LOL
    .

    Life goes on.

  27. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    Scott has absolutely not. I can say that with a fair amount of certainty.
    Okay, I was just curious.

  28. #128
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Perry Hall, MD
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan7962 View Post
    I just read the entire thread and maybe I missed it if someone asked but Has Scott though about going out and interviewing Manson?

    That would be interesting. Not that Manson makes much sense anymore. Or ever did. LOL
    At this point I believe Scott knows more about what happened during the Tate/LaBianca murders than Charlie does.

  29. #129
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    10
    Hello everyone and Hello Scott:

    I have always be interested in the Tate Murders. Sharon Tate's due date and my mom's due date with me were around the same time.

    Since 2006 when I went to Michigan and I went to Jay Sebring's grave I have been even more interesed.

    I asked my hubby for a trip to California for my 40th birthday and to make it on Aug 8th so I could be at the gate to 10066 Celio Dr on the 40th anniversary. He laughed at me ( he just does not get it).

    Waiting for DDII thinking that is as close as I will get. Thank you Scott for helping so many people out with their interest.

  30. #130
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Homicide Cop View Post
    At this point I believe Scott knows more about what happened during the Tate/LaBianca murders than Charlie does.
    LOL

    Yeah Charlie always didn't make much sense.

  31. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Otherside of the Mirror~
    Posts
    1,707
    lovin' the new clip posted, can't wait ot buy it!!!~

  32. #132
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hollywood, California
    Posts
    1,330
    http://www.mansonfamilytoday.info/latest-news.htm

    According to the link:


    "Have sad news to announce. James Whitehouse confirmed to me a few days ago that Susan Atkins is dying of brain cancer and could have only weeks to live. I had heard this from several sources previously but decided to contact James. He told me he was trying to hold it together “but everything is happening all at once.” He said, “Susan is stable but still considered in critical condition.” He told me this was all very overwhelming but luckily they have a lot of friends and family members that are praying for her and giving whatever support they can. It doesn’t look good though since brain cancer is extremely serious, painful and incurable.



    "Susan was still in the hospital a few days ago and due to hospital and prison rules, visits are very limited and she is not allowed to receive gifts of any sorts. She is under constant surveillance. She will not be returning to the California Institution for Women where she has been incarcerated for the last 40 years. She will be transferred to another institution in Chowchilla to live out her remaining days. That institution is better equipped to house terminally ill patients. Susan turned 60 years old yesterday, on May 7. James told me he is very grateful for the support and emails from people all over the world, giving moral support."

  33. #133
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Home of the Flaming Koresh
    Posts
    1,662
    Well I can honestly say that I am NOT sorry to hear that about her. I may be a cold hearted bitch for saying that but, I think about the phrase she used on Sharon Tate. "Woman I have no mercy for you." Well Susan IMHO the feeling is mutual.
    If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?


    Hag O' Death

  34. #134
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hollywood, California
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen_Death_Hag View Post
    Well I can honestly say that I am NOT sorry to hear that about her. I may be a cold hearted bitch for saying that but, I think about the phrase she used on Sharon Tate. "Woman I have no mercy for you." Well Susan IMHO the feeling is mutual.
    You are being kind, it was "Bitch... I have no mercy for you...


    It may take a long time, but karma prevails. It always does.

  35. #135
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    2,593
    awww poor thing, may she rot in hell--
    pull the string!

  36. #136
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,353
    Woot Woot
    Burn Bich Burn

  37. #137
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,353
    we shood celebrate manson murders
    so when they get brain cancer n start to decay celebrate thier rotting crap of themselves never letem out of jail n let us party n piss on thier graves as they rot

  38. #138
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,353
    if i was a brave enuff man i wood go into the grave yard lol.....

  39. #139
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    740
    yay one down!! I cannot wait until the day i hear Charlie kicks the bucket .. but he would have it too easy as he has already!! scum!

  40. #140
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,353
    well heres to hoping for a release before on and or around the anniversary date
    *CLINK* *CHEERS*

  41. #141
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    1,472
    Seen this: They are digging at the ranch for more graves:

    http://news.aol.com/story/_a/csi-tea...20165009990001

  42. #142
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,353
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/13/...ins/index.html

    susan wants outa jail to die

    waaaaa waaaa waaaa

  43. #143
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Near....far....near...far...
    Posts
    162
    I'm sure Sharon Tate would have liked the opportunity to live as long as her killers have, too. Call me a heartless harpy, but the only way I'd let her out of prison is in a body bag.

  44. #144
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    On Eric's lap at Fangtasia
    Posts
    1,528
    Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/13/...ins/index.html

    susan wants outa jail to die

    waaaaa waaaa waaaa
    Her original sentence was the death penalty meaning she'd die in prison and she should die in prison. She should have been dead years ago. To let her out is an injustice for the lives she took.

  45. #145
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Home of the Flaming Koresh
    Posts
    1,662
    Do we have a release date for DD2 yet??? I know Scott was shooting for Aug 9th the 39th anniversary. Any updates???
    If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?


    Hag O' Death

  46. #146
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by Boopassing View Post
    I'm sure Sharon Tate would have liked the opportunity to live as long as her killers have, too. Call me a heartless harpy, but the only way I'd let her out of prison is in a body bag.
    You're not heartless at all. The people that allowed these monsters to live this long and get married, have children, etc are the heartless ones.

    How can we say justice was served??? These people had it better while in prison than they did when they were out of it.

  47. #147
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    la la land
    Posts
    199
    I too think she should only be let out in a body bag!!! She had no mercy for the victims that night.And noone should have mercy on her!

  48. #148
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen_Death_Hag View Post
    Do we have a release date for DD2 yet??? I know Scott was shooting for Aug 9th the 39th anniversary. Any updates???
    We're aiming for the end of August. There should be a shiny new trailer online for it in a couple of weeks.

    The film is in the "color grading" part of post-production, for those of you in film/TV production. It's 3X's the film it would have been had we released it last December -- so much has happened since then with getting footage and music and photos...

    Love that the original trailer and Shorty Shea clip together have received nearly 100,000 views on YouTube!

  49. #149
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by Filmmaker78 View Post
    We're aiming for the end of August. There should be a shiny new trailer online for it in a couple of weeks.

    The film is in the "color grading" part of post-production, for those of you in film/TV production. It's 3X's the film it would have been had we released it last December -- so much has happened since then with getting footage and music and photos...

    Love that the original trailer and Shorty Shea clip together have received nearly 100,000 views on YouTube!
    I can't wait until this comes out!!! How long(viewing time) is this going to be once it's completed???

  50. #150
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Amsterdam, Sin City of the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,200
    And can we watch on European dvd players?
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •