Thread: Patty Duke

Patty Duke

Last edited by glowegal; 03-29-2016 at 09:58 AM.

Still young. RIP darlin' And say Hi to everyone for us.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

aww man! RIP

WTF?!!! RIP Patty!

They just recently started showing the Patty Duke show on ME TV.

Nooooooo! RIP Neely.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

navallint Guest
    I have so enjoyed her work. RIP, dear lady.

Whaaaat???? How does one die like this now a days??
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

What the heck??? Wow. RIP.

RIP Patty.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

PurrPurr Guest
    RIP Miss Duke

If you all hadn't already read it, I recommend her memoir "Call Me Anna."

Very sorry to hear this. Her former husband John Astin lives near me. I always liked her. She was an excellent actress.

as Neely O'Hara in 1967

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PATTY3_1459270164599_1126258_ver1.0_640_360.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	53620 in 1992

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004302470-300x0.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	53621 in 2012
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Patty_Duke_1959.JPG 
Views:	194 
Size:	251.6 KB 
ID:	53617   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	patty-lane.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	53618   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	090f242478478614d42f9d6cb71453b8.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	53619  
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

My daughter and I just watched Valley of the dolls yesterday on Netflix, This is a shock.
    I liked her in all of her work, Thank you for entertaining us with such professionalism. Rest in peace Ms Duke.

Maurice Gibb died from the same thing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...intestine.html
    Oscar-winning actress Patty Duke dies aged 69 of sepsis from a ruptured intestine

RIP, Patty.

Heather O'Rourke died of a similar thing (septic shock caused by intestinal stenosis)

how does someone rupture an intestine? curious. anyways, I liked her when I saw her in alot of the tv shows/movies. I also loved patty duke show, which like another poster said earlier, was on Nick at Nite, when Nick at Nite was awesome.

This is a shock. Loved her TV show when I was growing up, had her records too. Valley Of The Dolls is one of my all time favorite films, and she gave a great performance in You'll Like My Mother and an episode of Night Gallery. RIP Patty.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cf157e8cf6f461c9f81cb44364a994c3.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	53622   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DiaryMarquee.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	307.3 KB 
ID:	53623  
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 03-29-2016 at 07:07 PM.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

When I saw this commercial last year I was sort of surprised at her appearance, but still admired her for not choosing to go the route so many others have taken... getting botox, collagen, lip injections, skin-pull etc. to try and look 25 again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfVOJcZiH7U

How great that Patty finally embraced "Dolls"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N9AAnnxpS8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NELgNi2ERNY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCHPvVuSvRU

Found this quote on IMDB, I had read this quote years earlier in a book and somehow never forgot it...
    (on her wardrobe on The Patty Duke Show (1963): Not only did I hate those clothes, but they put my name on some and successfully merchandised them, so a lot of other poor girls were walking around with the same ugly clothes I had to wear.

Hopefully there's a well with a pump-handle up there, and Anne Bancroft standing by, smiling, ready to reminisce about their miracle work together. RIP

Some people may know that she was diagnosed as bi-polar, back before it was a common diagnosis. What I didn't know until today is that Sheldon Leonard created The Patty Duke Show specifically for her, and before production began he invited her to spend a few days at his home. He noticed that there were definitely 2 sides to her, which is where he came up with the Patty and her look alike cousin concept.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

She got to wear the most expensive dress in Valley of the Dolls, the cage dress for the Grammys. So much fascinating info on Travilla's work for the film. Even the reject costumes were gorgeous.

Little tiny lady with huge talent. RIP
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

I find it disgusting that someone trashed the wreath by her star during the night. Congratulations to the committee in charge to replace the destroyed one with a new one. She was such a good actress and worked even in her later years even if Hollywood and the rest of the world have prejudiced against the hiring of anybody older. R.I.P dear lady. Was Justin Bieber driving around LA last night?
    Last edited by Jerseysucks; 03-31-2016 at 03:12 PM.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Jersey, that's the only way some people know how to get their kicks and giggles.

The last thing I saw her in was a Christian TV movie that was based on one of Jan Oke's Love Comes Softly series of books. She was fantastic, as always.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I watch her every morning on The Patty Duke Show. Right before she passed, I was looking at a clip of Valley of the Dolls and thinking about how much I needed to rent that.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    I watch her every morning on The Patty Duke Show. Right before she passed, I was looking at a clip of Valley of the Dolls and thinking about how much I needed to rent that.
    She rocked it! When she pulls Susan Hayward's wig off and tries to flush it, I die laughing every time. I've always wanted to do that to someone.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    how does someone rupture an intestine? curious.
    It's not as hard as you might think, particularly if diverticulosis is present. In 1998 I had the same thing and suffered sepsis because of it. I had undiagnosed divericulitis and ruptured my intestine on a sesame seed that Dominos was including on their pizza crust at the time. It was a miserable time for me and I came close to death during the ordeal. I'm so sorry that Patty Duke had to die that way, although I suppose there are few pleasant ways to die. I hope she passed quickly and didn't have to endure much suffering.
    I mean, they say you die twice.
    One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.

Banksy

Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir1012 View Post
    It's not as hard as you might think, particularly if diverticulosis is present. In 1998 I had the same thing and suffered sepsis because of it. I had undiagnosed divericulitis and ruptured my intestine on a sesame seed that Dominos was including on their pizza crust at the time. It was a miserable time for me and I came close to death during the ordeal. I'm so sorry that Patty Duke had to die that way, although I suppose there are few pleasant ways to die. I hope she passed quickly and didn't have to endure much suffering.
    ty Kash. sorry you had to go thru that. weird how stuff can just happen. glad your ok. sad that she passed. you just never know

RIP Patty

Kashmir1012 - I'm glad you brought that up. I do transcription for gastroenterologists and was about to make the same comment. This can also happen from a bowel obstruction, ruptured appendix, your ruptured diverticulitis and various other ways. And from what I understand, it's always very painful. I'm sorry you went through that, but glad you made it back to health. It isn't a way I would want to go. The body, particularly, the digestive tract, is an amazing machine. But when it goes wrong - look out. Also, just a pinhole in the bowel leaking into the abdominal cavity will bring about a very complicated situation at best.

Kind of scary. I hope that Patty didn't suffer much.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

I had a kidney infection that turned septic and got into my blood and that was painful enough. I know poor Patty suffered but thankfully that's over for her. I hope that Heaven turned out to be everything I've heard for her.
    Minerva

I have Bipolar I with psychotic features, which is what it seems like she had, based on descriptions of her behavior. In addition to admiring her work as an actress, I always admired her bravery in coming out publicly with her diagnosis. She also wrote a second book, called A Brilliant Madness, I think (don't quote me on the title). Patty Duke and Carrie Fisher have both helped me come to terms with having Bipolar, to some degree. I adore their talents, and knowing that these funny, bright women have the same condition I have gives me hope.

Anna Marie Duke Pearce was greatly respected by many for her contributions to mental health awareness, too.
    http://www.facebook.com/hermyjack
    My personal Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/hermanforstmann
    My music page on Facebook