Thread: Brussel Terrorist Attack

Brussel Terrorist Attack

BRUSSELS â?? Bombs exploded Tuesday at the Brussels airport and in the city's subway, killing at least 31 people and wounding dozens, as a European capital was again locked down amid heightened security threats. The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for the attacks.

The two airport blasts, at least one of them blamed on a suicide bomber, left behind a chaotic scene of splattered blood in the departure lounge as windows were blown out, ceilings collapsed and travelers streamed out of the smoky building. http://www.ajc.com/ap/ap/top-news/ex...airport/nqqLb/
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Will be interesting if this somehow ties in with the Syrian Refugee situation.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

It is becoming more and more scary to live here in Europe... I have closed off my feelings towards what has happened today, because there has been too much of this lately. But many warm toughts and prayers to the victims and their familys today

ISIS is claiming credit. Shocker.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/22/europe...ons/index.html
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Yeah, a real jaw dropper.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Dear God, what a mess. Our hearts go out to everyone.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Sad, and sad that it's no longer shocking to me when such things happen. My condolences and sympathies go out to all touched. I'm afraid that we'll only see more and more of this until people decide that gods and religions are not worth killing or dying for.

I read an interesting article in The Humanist magazine last night that gave a perspective on such things and the people who do them that I had never heard before. It seems that Islam like Christianity has it's tales of apocalypse. The author (Phil Torres) suggests that some of these terrorists do what they do because they want to be material participants in bringing about that apocalypse. They're not just committing acts of terror and barbarity in a single place at a given time; they think that they are actively helping to hasten the end times.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

The difference here between modern Muslim and Christian sects is that the former attack their own and other religions, but the latter cause mayhem (e.g., Jim Jones) largely within their own groups and rarely and ineffectively beyond that perimeter. Let's quit equating them and digging up long dead history. Muslims are the problem, not Christians, who, by the way, are being exterminated in Muslim-dominated countries. People may have been the same in the Middle Ages, but there is a gulf today. Part of the problem, I think, is an inferiority complex with Islam concerning the moral probity of its "prophet".

why were they wearing one black glove each ??

Protesting the Western culture that produced, to their minds, the degenerate Michael Jackson?

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Sad, and sad that it's no longer shocking to me when such things happen. My condolences and sympathies go out to all touched. I'm afraid that we'll only see more and more of this until people decide that gods and religions are not worth killing or dying for.
    It broke on Death Hags...Friends of Findadeath FB group and I expected someone to start a thread about it here. But I came to you conclusion that these things are getting to be less shocking, so I started the thread myself.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post

The other one didn't fit?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Hiding their ISIS tat?

Sometimes I wonder, as a society, if we are getting a bit jaded about this. It's almost routine; or so it seems. My heart breaks.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

idiots.
    good thoughts and prayers for those who died and are injured
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	308800_187080108032706_126894987384552_414139_1931303484_n.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	53591  
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post

I read they think they were wearing them to hide detonators in their hands.

I agree that it seems we are getting more jaded every day about tragedies like this. The last suicide bomber in Istanbul got my attention because not only was I in that area last October, but my niece and her hubs work over there, and this was within walking distance of their apartment. Luckily the were in Amsterdam at the time, but there isn't a lot of distance between Brussels and Amsterdam, and they have to fly back to Turkey. Not to get deep into the religious debate, but EVERY JudeoChristian based religion has their crazy ass fanatics. The majority of people go about their daily lives not causing problems. No doubt if they had the money (and testicles), Westboro Bapt Idiots would love to wreak havoc on the European continent. Perhaps they wouldn't blow things up, but they are almost as fanatic. I just don't know what to say about the poor families who lose their loved ones in these instances, not to even mention the victims. One minute you're out seeing sites, having fun, tasting street food; the next you're blown to bits. So sad, so sad. And PERSONALLY, I don't think one of our Pres. candidate frontrunners will help the situation any, only worsen it.

This is why I am wiccan, we believe in doing no harm to anyone as it will come back to us three fold.

We can thank Frau Merkel and asshole Hollande for this.. They invited over a million "Syrian" Muslim fortune seekers to settle in Europe without any form of background check.

God knows how many terrorists are waiting in major European cities to blow up innocent civilians. Funny thing is that in the MSM anyone who says we must screen or discourage Muslim immigrants is automatically labelled a racist or a populist.
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by MurkyWaters View Post
    The difference here between modern Muslim and Christian sects is that the former attack their own and other religions, but the latter cause mayhem (e.g., Jim Jones) largely within their own groups and rarely and ineffectively beyond that perimeter. Let's quit equating them and digging up long dead history. Muslims are the problem, not Christians, who, by the way, are being exterminated in Muslim-dominated countries. People may have been the same in the Middle Ages, but there is a gulf today. Part of the problem, I think, is an inferiority complex with Islam concerning the moral probity of its "prophet".
    Yeah - and those guys are exterminating more than just Christians; they seem to be equal opportunity haters. I personally don't think that the gulf between the people of the Middle Ages and the people of today is that vast - if it were; I don't think that we would even have Muslims or Christians; just people from different cultures. I'm curious about the inferiority perception though. The willingness to kill and die for beliefs would suggest to me more of a feeling of certainty than one of any doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    And PERSONALLY, I don't think one of our Pres. candidate frontrunners will help the situation any, only worsen it.
    I tend to agree. As a largely conservative guy; I never would have thought that anything or anyone could make me wish for four more years of Obama; but Trump and Hillary certainly do.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryvr View Post
    We can thank Frau Merkel and asshole Hollande for this.. They invited over a million "Syrian" Muslim fortune seekers to settle in Europe without any form of background check.

God knows how many terrorists are waiting in major European cities to blow up innocent civilians. Funny thing is that in the MSM anyone who says we must screen or discourage Muslim immigrants is automatically labelled a racist or a populist.
    It will be interesting to see if there is any connection to the refugee situation. I wouldn't doubt that radical elements came in along with those just looking for a better and more stable life. I'm reminded of the Mariel Boatlift here in the States from the 80's. Lots of people went out in their boats and brought back Cubans fleeing Cuba. No doubt many of those people had hopes of a better life here. Rumor is that Castro took the opportunity to empty his jails.

The sad thing is that attacks like this are almost impossible to prevent; they can happen at any time and anywhere.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

This is a tragedy . My heart goes out to all those people effected . I would be so angry if someone I loved was hurt/ killed in this . But this is a minortiy of extremists - let's not tar everyone with the same brush . They are no better than the klu klux klan or the IRA killing innocent people.

You know they shouldn't leak the story about capturing the guy because it'll just lead to more attacks.

Over here in the UK ,we've been told there are over 50 cells all planning attacks .I was in the USA last week and talking to an American security guard .He said he pitied me going back home and didn't I wish I could stay in the states ? as it is I get up daily expecting to hear London or Birmingham has been attacked .We have - not just us I mean - but all over Europe , let too many people in whom we know nothing about .It's utter madness .If I were German I would be furious with Angela Merkel.

We just learned the the Dutch government was informed about the terrorist ties of 2 of the attackers 5 days before the attacks by the US. Of course our appeasing government buried the info in red tape and never relayed the info to Belgium. Also one of the attackers was expelled for being terrorist from Turkey to Holland.

The dutch government has blood on its hands and acts like they did nothing wrong.
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

It's not safe anywhere really and it's not going to get any better by the looks of things. The only things you can do is be observant everywhere you go and keep your head on a swivel.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    It's not safe anywhere really and it's not going to get any better by the looks of things. The only things you can do is be observant everywhere you go and keep your head on a swivel.
    Bingo. I told my Mom recently that I'm always leery when we go to town or just to the store because you never know when one of these damn nutcases will appear. And the sad thing is, and I may be wrong about this, but i heard that there are IS (Islamic State) cells here in the U.S. already. That scares the hell out of me.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    Bingo. I told my Mom recently that I'm always leery when we go to town or just to the store because you never know when one of these damn nutcases will appear. And the sad thing is, and I may be wrong about this, but i heard that there are IS (Islamic State) cells here in the U.S. already. That scares the hell out of me.
    No doubt about it.