Thread: Three British tourists found dead near Vietnam waterfall

Three British tourists found dead near Vietnam waterfall

HANOI, Feb 27 — Vietnamese police yesterday found the bodies of three British tourists near tiered waterfalls in the country's central highlands, an area popular with adventure travellers.
    The trio, a man and two women, were found amid rocks and pools of water near the falls outside of Dalat, a mountainous city that draws tourists with its crystal lakes and scenic landscape.
    - See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/wo....wMAEaUfF.dpuf

*Warning* - You can see a foot

It remains unclear exactly how the three holidaymakers died, but it has been claimed that they were not with an official guide and did not use proper safety equipment.
    Vo Anh Tan, deputy director of the Lam Dong joint stock tourist company which manages the Datanla waterfalls, said visitors usually start at the top of the tiered waterfall, which is popular among Western tourists.
    Mr Tan said an unauthorised local private tour operator arranged the tour and apparently did not pay for entrance tickets and did not use the company's safety equipment.
    He said the guide was detained by police for questioning.
    The bodies were recovered downstream from the waterfall.
    Police believe the tourists might have slipped when exploring the area, according to local news reports.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-tourists-killed-at-vietnam-waterfall-named-as-isobel-squire-and-beth-anderson-a6899491.html

The Datanla waterfalls

The first article I read said they had life jackets on and somehow got swept over the precipice of the falls.
    Last edited by Melisscious; 02-27-2016 at 08:38 PM.

RIP to all and sorry to their families.....but what were these people visiting in Vietnam?.....burned out landing craft?....just saying or is it too soon?
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Melisscious View Post

HANOI, Feb 27 — Vietnamese police yesterday found the bodies of three British tourists near tiered waterfalls in the country's central highlands, an area popular with adventure travellers.
    The trio, a man and two women, were found amid rocks and pools of water near the falls outside of Dalat, a mountainous city that draws tourists with its crystal lakes and scenic landscape.
    - See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/wo....wMAEaUfF.dpuf

*Warning* - You can see a foot

It remains unclear exactly how the three holidaymakers died, but it has been claimed that they were not with an official guide and did not use proper safety equipment.
    Vo Anh Tan, deputy director of the Lam Dong joint stock tourist company which manages the Datanla waterfalls, said visitors usually start at the top of the tiered waterfall, which is popular among Western tourists.
    Mr Tan said an unauthorised local private tour operator arranged the tour and apparently did not pay for entrance tickets and did not use the company's safety equipment.
    He said the guide was detained by police for questioning.
    The bodies were recovered downstream from the waterfall.
    Police believe the tourists might have slipped when exploring the area, according to local news reports.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-tourists-killed-at-vietnam-waterfall-named-as-isobel-squire-and-beth-anderson-a6899491.html

The Datanla waterfalls
    The first article I read said they had life jackets on and somehow got swept over the precipice of the falls.
    Please combine these posts ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    RIP to all and sorry to their families.....but what were these people visiting in Vietnam?.....burned out landing craft?....just saying or is it too soon?
    My thoughts exactly Mcafgr. Not my first choice to vacation.

I watched a documentary about two sisters from Canada traveling in Vietnam who died in their hotel rooms probably due to DEET poisoning for bed bug infestations. Apparently quite a few visitors travel there now.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

It's definitely a fairly popular travel destination. The history is probably part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    It's definitely a fairly popular travel destination. The history is probably part of it.
    Yes, this has been a popular travel destination as of late. And I agree that the history has been part of the draw.