Page 50 of 95 FirstFirst ... 41484950515259 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,500 of 4745

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

Trying to muster up some motivation to do something. I should work on my essential oil business stuff, but I’m not really sure what kind of direction I wanna try going in. There is soooooo much work to be done on our house, but there isn’t a ton that o can do myself (hubby is working).
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

Freezing, modding, fixing to beta.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Reveling in the fact that people can be so effing STUPID. And in my ability to hold my tongue and NOT be a smartass. Promised the last GM that I wouldn't be a smartass anymore. I can't make this stuff up.

Customer: I don't know what I want....you should have a list with all of your custard choices on it.

*Uh, we have a MENU for a reason. We have five signature concretes/sundaes, one limited time offer concrete, and SIXTY custard toppings. I refuse to reel off all sixty toppings. For the record, I had to when I took the custard test during my ten-day training period, and I'm such an over-achiever I reeled off 63.*

Me: Well, we have the signatures along the wall there, and we also have sixty toppings you can mix and match....

Customer: Okay...I've finally decided. I'll have a regular turtle concrete.

Me: Oh, good choice! The turtle's one of my favorites! *pays order out* Will that be for here or to go?

Customer: What's the difference?

Me: *holds my tongue SO hard* Well, if it's to go we'll put lids on them for you.

Customer: Oh. For here I guess.

SERIOUSLY??? I wanted SO badly to be a smartass and say, "Well, if it's for here, you'll take a seat at one of the tables and enjoy your custard yumminess. If it's to go, we'll put lids on them and you'll take them elsewhere to enjoy."

I can't count the number of people who think we have a second window. I have at least one a day come up to the window, pay, get their drinks, and then drive off.

THEN there was the guest who thought the single California burger and the double California burger had different toppings. *facepalm*
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Trying to figure out what I want to eat, about to leave a message in pet peeves.

Dealing with sore muscles/bones from the constant friggin rain, And dry skin from a hyperactive heating system. Ugh.

Finished a beta and fixing to do a line by line of the historical.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just got home from the grocery store, put groceries away, and watching Casper. Yes, the movie with Christina Ricci. I had forgotten how much I love this movie.

"I just go here!"

Finished beta reading a fantasy short story and sent it to the writer. Next is a 90K full-length book about Jack the Ripper.

Right now, I'm fixing to slap on the last page of my Our Town blog. When I checked the stats a bunch of visitors had already viewed it. Thanks, google. I need to reread all of it, too, just to make sure there aren't any dupes and such.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching "Will & Grace," eating Cheetos, and missing liquor. Can't wait till we are in our own place and I can drink again....

"I just go here!"

I was beta reading but had to stop because the setting vs the main character's nationality was not clear. Some American words are spelling differently than UK. And I need to know.

Now I'm editing the historical. I'm actually procrastinating publication. But I've got to let it go and will after this last read through.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

We're out of whack from the time change, too. Springing forward and falling back wreaks havoc on you when you already lose time on a regular basis.

"I just go here!"

Ria, I loved that movie when I was younger, totally forgot about it until you mentioned it, will have to look it up, yeah about the time change I am thrown off as well. I hate it. Glad the heat here has finally broken, it's chilly, it's about 70 and over cast, for me that is chilly. Right now just waking up and watching NCIS, while browsing the forum, just mopped the bathroom and changed the cat litter, hubby has an interview on Monday or Tuesday, with Intuit, keep fingers crossed that he gets it.

Taking a break from playing "Unfair Mario." If you're a fan of Mario Bros. games, it's worth a look. I've been watching a new-to-me YouTuber named Markiplier. He plays all kinds of games, shows you how they're done and how they're NOT done. Funniest guy I've found. I've been immersed in his videos for the last couple of days. All started when a friend from work sent me a link to a video of his where he plays Mario Maker and challenges himself NOT to curse. Hooked. LOL

"I just go here!"

PurrPurr Guest
    Watching the Tampa Bay-San Jose hockey game.

Chillin after creating and posting headers to my blogs. I really love blogs. Lol. They are so much better than static websites. And my host is free. That makes a big difference. And to think how much money I spent month after month after month for ten years... SMH.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I love blogs as well Cindy, right now I am going to plan out my menu for the week, I put myself on the DASH eating plan as my blood pressure has been high lately, and I am determined I will not go on meds, to much processed food and high sodium food lately, we have been doing better, but dang everything you buy in the store is loaded with sodium and fat, so I looked up the DASH plan and so far am loving it, I do miss salt but found great substitutes, like 21 season salute from Trader Joe's and Coconut Aminos, which is a soy sauce substitute with 90 mg of sodium and 1 gram of sugar, I love this stuff. Since not using salt for the last three days, I can actually taste the flavors of the food.

Just finished beta reading three chapters of a Jack the Ripper manuscript (not mine). Later I'll do another. I'm waiting on dinner, but not holding my breath. Sissy attended a grandson's birthday party and was suppose to bring me back a plate, but "pizza isn't good cold," she said. Who says? Lol. She's going to bring me a cupcake and takeout.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just got home an hour ago from a day out. Church, then Kohl's to get Miss E a dress for the dance she's going to Friday night, Chipotle for lunch, then groceries. Miss E got a lovely red dress from the upcoming Disney movie "Coco." This is NOT Miss E in the dress, this was taken off the Kohl's website. I told her it would be her Christmas dress, too, and she's in agreement.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CocoDress.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	54537  

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Just got home an hour ago from a day out. Church, then Kohl's to get Miss E a dress for the dance she's going to Friday night, Chipotle for lunch, then groceries. Miss E got a lovely red dress from the upcoming Disney movie "Coco." This is NOT Miss E in the dress, this was taken off the Kohl's website. I told her it would be her Christmas dress, too, and she's in agreement.

That's lovely and great for her coloring. She'll be gorgeous.

Me? I'm taking a quick chill from updating my Brandon Lee blog. Got all the pics in place on Curses and fixing to edit the wordage. Oh, and did I say I'm freezing?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Hi Cindy, Iâ??m sitting here freezing as well, I donâ??t know what is going on here but the temps are either too hot or too cold in this house! The thermostat has been replaced at least three times..It has regular furnace check ups that come out fine and still this goes on- ridiculous.

Oh Ria that dress is so cute and will look great on Miss E, Don't hate me ya'll but it's been 70-80 here in San Diego, soon it will drop to the 60-50s for me that is chilly.

Fixing to do my workout/walkabout and then beta read.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

That's going to look cute on Miss E, Ria! Cindy, what is beta read? I know what beta testing is, just never heard it put with reading.
    Last edited by cleanskull; 11-13-2017 at 01:43 PM.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    That's going to look cut on Miss E, Ria! Cindy, what is beta read? I know what beta testing is, just never heard it put with reading.
    It's a nonprofessional critique. It's unethical to charge a fee. Most swop manuscripts, but no one wants to read a historical romance. I, on the other hand, do not do demons, because I had a horrible experience while reading a nonfiction about missionaries casting them out of folk in some dark country.

Just finished my workout, jotting in my diet/exercise journal, and modding.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Oh Ria that dress is so cute and will look great on Miss E, Don't hate me ya'll but it's been 70-80 here in San Diego, soon it will drop to the 60-50s for me that is chilly.
    That's going to look cute on Miss E, Ria! Cindy, what is beta read? I know what beta testing is, just never heard it put with reading.
    Thanks, y'all! She's on the short side like me, so it is actually a little longer on her than on the model in the picture. On Miss E, it's knee-length. I love it on her. She's got black heels to wear with it, even though I'm against her wearing heels yet. We've been TRYING to adhere to Mexican traditions that she not wear heels until her quinceanera, or her fifteenth birthday party. She was supposed to trade in her childish "flats" for grownup "heels" in part of the quinceanera ceremony.

Right now, I'm about to nuke a couple of burritos I think for supper and after I eat, watch some Grey's Anatomy. I'm caught up on the current season, but starting season 7 on my umpteenth watch-through.

"I just go here!"

Changing my homepage to FB. It was on my website account but I'll soon be saying bye bye to Wix. Also mid editing in a correction. I thought 18th Century matches were called spalls. I swear I read that somewhere or saw an image of a book. Well, it was wrong. They are called spills. Ahahaha. Spills are long spinters or tightly rolled paper that were touched to a lighted candle or fireplace ember so you can light your tobacco. I use them to light everything that needs lighting.
    Last edited by cindyt; 11-14-2017 at 08:26 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

touched

touched
    Fixed. Thank you.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Fixed. Thank you.
    Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Nudge nudge, wink wink.
    Yeah, I'm embarrassed.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Eating a complete bag of Hershey's chocolate bells and watching "Just Desserts", the "Creepshow" making-of video. The pleasant surprise is it has two commentary tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Yeah, I'm embarrassed.
    That's why we have Beta reading. I'm going to use that phrase for a bit since you taught me what it means. Watching "The Talk" now. Showing those dipshit Collage BB players that shoplifted in China. Their walk of shame through the airport is epic.

Trying to wake up, have been kicking the sugar habit for four days now and I am tired and just ugh, sitting here browsing the forum,I have my laptop back now and want to start saving for a desktop, as I really liked being on the one hubby got for himself, I may start working on my book again, thankfully I got all my research backed up on a flash drive, or I may just play a game for a bit, I thought giving up sweets and salt would be hard, so far am not missing it at all.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 11-16-2017 at 12:16 PM.

Watching Grey's Anatomy and guzzling Diet Dr Pepper wishing it were vodka. See vent thread for reasons why.

Also playing Unfair Mario. It's exactly what it sounds like. Mario game, but unfair with floors that drop, spikes that come out of nowhere, etc. You can only play on a computer because you need arrow keys to move Mario. I have died over 700 times and still on level 7 of 10. LOL! If anyone wants to try, here's the site: http://playunfairmario.net/

"I just go here!"

At work. Rapidly approaching the end of the internet.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Just got home. Wondering WHY I agreed to work Saturday???? Oh yes. One of my adopted kids asked me. She has training for her other job she can't miss. She is arranging a ride for me in exchange because I'm staying too far to walk.

"I just go here!"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171117_174536.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	179.1 KB 
ID:	54550
    Miss E is ready for her 8th grade dance. No, she doesn't have a date. Her daddy and I won't let her just yet, not unless they would be going with a group. No, she's going with some girlfriends.

While she's gone, I'm going to make some breakfast burritos for tomorrow morning. Since I don't normally work weekends, especially weekend MORNINGS, I don't have any more of my usual Jimmy Dean sausage and egg muffin and El Monterey burrito breakfast I nornally have. I'm going to make my breakfast tonight and put it in the fridge to warm up tomorrow morning.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post

Miss E is ready for her 8th grade dance. No, she doesn't have a date. Her daddy and I won't let her just yet, not unless they would be going with a group. No, she's going with some girlfriends.

While she's gone, I'm going to make some breakfast burritos for tomorrow morning. Since I don't normally work weekends, especially weekend MORNINGS, I don't have any more of my usual Jimmy Dean sausage and egg muffin and El Monterey burrito breakfast I nornally have. I'm going to make my breakfast tonight and put it in the fridge to warm up tomorrow morning.
    Hi Ria, Aw, She is so pretty, Hope she has a safe and great time

Sorry about the pic being sideways. Never really had that issue posting from my phone??? And thank you.

"I just go here!"

She's lovely.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thank you. When her friend showed up to pick her up, I had to take a few pictures of the two of them also.

"I just go here!"

awww Ria, she looks so good in that dress, what a cutie.

Digging Grace Livingston Hill books and DVDs from the dump box. Decided to take them with me. I need to start more packing, boxing stuff off surfaces that I can do without until next month. And there's the things under my bed.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just showered, about to run a few errands to get goodies for next week

We're having our dinner Wednesday night. Brittany is baking a pecan pie and maybe a chocolate.

What am I doing? Just finished a beta swap--I'm reading hers and she's reading mine. I learned something and I hope she does too.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Showered, did some cleaning, got a load of laundry going. Got to go grocery shopping later.

"I just go here!"

Laying in bed watching ghost adventures and checking out the forum. How is everyone?

I'm fine.

I've been editing my historical.

I've set a goal of 4 chapters per day to beta B's Jack the Ripper novel, and I'm behind a day. And there's 5 more manuscripts waiting. I turned one writer down yesterday. She wanted to swap critiques. The problem was she just made 25 posts on the writing forum since 2011, and she charges a fee to people who aren't on the forum. Because charging to beta is unethical and the admin would ban her butt.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Dealing with anxiety today, need to do laundry, but just feel like crawling back into bed and staying there,

Messing around, fixing to nap, or at least lay down for a bit.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD