Thread: Alan Rickman

Alan Rickman

Last edited by glowegal; 01-14-2016 at 05:16 AM.

Little Chief Guest
    This week can go fuck itself.

I love Alan Rickman so much, i am absolutely devastated. Excuse me while I bawl my eyes out and watch Die Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Chief View Post
    This week can go fuck itself.
    I'm finding that to be the general internet consensus.

RIP.....WTF is it with this month and deaths?.....I mean....enough is enough!
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

The only thing that made "Love, Actually" palatable was the quadruple whammy of Rickman, Neeson, Firth and Nighy.

Oh - that voice.

VCNJ~
    Professional Thread-Killer

I'll be damned.

And yes, that voice......RIP.

Lemmy, Bowie now Rickman, who's next?

Quote Originally Posted by spookydel View Post
    Lemmy, Bowie now Rickman, who's next?
    I think we've more than made our 3. Hopefully, a lull is coming.

This week is becoming fucking ( pardon me) depressing. Seriously! In another thought, maybe that's why he married recently. To protect his long time love.. I'm gonna put on labyrinth & Harry Potter & have a drink & cry!!

Ahh... What a guy.
    He will be missed.

What a start to the year!

This is a bad week to be an actor or a rock legend.
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

WTF 2016, this shit is not cool.

RIP one of the best voices and screen villains, ever!!
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

When he was on a screen, he was the only person I watched. Everyone else disappeared. I loved him in Calendar Girls. Crap movie, but he was fantastic, as usual.

I know he is noted for his villains, but I will always love him as Colonel Brandon in "Sense and Sensibility"

VCNJ~
    Professional Thread-Killer

This week sucks and we are only starting Thursday. He was very talented and I loved him in Die Hard and Galaxy Quest. RIP Alan Rickman.

NOOOOOO, Damn this week and damn 2016 so far, this is sucking big time, Loved him Galaxy Quest and now it's going to be hard to watch that and Harry Potter. Rest well Professor Snape.

Wow! Already had enough this year (and it's only the 14 of Jan)! Loved him in Die Hard and Harry Potter! RIP Mr. Rickman

Ridgecrest, CA-Middle of the Mojave Desert
    I am heart broken. I normally don't cry when an actor goes on to Glory. But hearing about Alan, I literally started wailing out loud. This one hurts, hurts real bad. Alan was a true Gentleman, an Actors' Actor, a movie stealer and all around great guy. I have not heard one person say one bad thing about him, he could do no wrong in my book. This is so unfair.

RIP Alan

This year blows already.

R.I.P.

I am absolutely gutted and ITA with what Cubican said. My username comes from being a Rickman fan.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

he was awesome in everything. RIP

Found this amazing image created by a guy named Ian Blyth on Facebook

And right now this is what I think of cancer

When end I got the news alert about Alan I actually yelled "no, no, no, no, noooo"
    British talent is just being decimated this week...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	193 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	53286   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	187 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	53287  

Love it Emzy

navallint Guest
    Such a talent, I will miss him. RIP

Loved Alan. RIP
    Cindy

I hate, hate, hate Harry Potter - to me he is the gentleman Colonel Brandon from Sense & Sensibility.
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

Xiroi Guest
    Just a couple of days ago I replied to a post in another thread saying "Same here, all I could say was no, no, no" (obviously Bowie's thread).

Here I am again posting the same thing.

I need to find The winter guest (or something like that) a lovely little film I hardly remember but I do remember how much I loved it and the character he played in it. I don't think I can't watch it now, though. He's been a fave for so many years, the kind you feel especially close to.

Deeply saddened .Just as Bowie did , he kept his cancer secret .He died in a London hospital which kinda makes me feel even sadder

An incredible actor, I am so saddened by this news. Like Bowie, a class act who kept his personal life private as it should be. You will be missed. RIP Sir.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I just watched CBGB's about a week ago, and he was in it. Played a great part. RIP

Wow, This year has taken some great talent already.

I can't think of Die Hard without thinking about him.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

And A Just Damn....We not even 1/2 through this month......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RIP to a fine actor.
    My profile picture and avatar are pictures of the lovely Agnetha Fältskog from ABBA, not me. I am a man, and an admirer of her. Friend proposers take note!

Timeo Vitae Guest
    My username comes from being a Rickman fan.
    After my husband told me of Alan Rickman's passing and my stomach got tight, I immediately thought of you alanwench. I loathe and fear cancer more than any other disease simply because of all the people I love who were destroyed by it. I will never forget Alan Rickman and am so glad that he left such a great amount of work for all of us to enjoy. It's another jolt because yet again, someone was taken too young.

Poo Bah MCGee Guest
    This is a true loss.

Alan was one of my very very favorite actors. And I am SO sad about his passing. This is one that's going to take me a long time to get over, just like Robin Williams. I loved everything that Alan Rickman was in and his voice was sexy as hell.

Timeo, thanks for thinking of me. Until I got to this thread, I thought I could actually get through today without crying. I do not cry easily. Why such a talented, generous and gentle soul had to suffer and die of such a fucking evil disease is beyond my understanding. I wonder when he appeared on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, if Alan knew he was terminally ill?
    Certainly he was entitled to privacy, but getting the emotional punch in the gut from hearing that Alan was dead and that he had been battling cancer was overwhelming.
    Perhaps the secrecy was to avoid the no holds barred British tabloid press. They are unbelievably cruel and ruthless. Some of them were waiting at the residence of Alan and Rima. They surrounded her, snapped pictures and questioned her as she was coming home after watching her partner of 50 years die in the hospital.
    Yes, I found him attractive and I adored his unique, rich voice. What endeared Alan to me was the way he unselfishly mentored younger actors, helped some of them pay bills when money was tight and gave of himself to his fans, standing patiently to sign autographs or pose for pictures all around the world. When he was on Broadway a few years ago, Alan was very ill with pneumonia, but stubbornly insisted on performing and doing the usual autograph and picture sessions.
    I regret never having the chance to see him in a play, due to limited finances. I very much wanted to meet him and simply thank him for sharing his talent and time. I especially regret seeing a pic taken of him at a theater event on December 7, 2015 by one of the tabloid press assholes. It was heartbreaking to see him emaciated and skeletal, very frail looking. The look he gave the photographer was of disgust and pain.
    Someone at BBC remarked that "The world has lost a king." I agree. Genetics may have killed him. Alan's dad died of cancer when Alan was a small boy, perhaps 8 or 9 years old.
    Last edited by Alanwench; 01-17-2016 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Additional text added.

I immediately thought of you too Alanwench. What a wonderful actor. Its funny how people we never meet in person can become a part of us. I think that speaks to their talents as artists and ability to go beyond acting and to the place where they can make you believe. When people you live like this leave us, it is hard to fill in the whole that is left when they are no longer in the world. RIP sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubican View Post
    I am heart broken. I normally don't cry when an actor goes on to Glory. But hearing about Alan, I literally started wailing out loud. This one hurts, hurts real bad. Alan was a true Gentleman, an Actors' Actor, a movie stealer and all around great guy. I have not heard one person say one bad thing about him, he could do no wrong in my book. This is so unfair.

RIP Alan
    Cubican, in an ironic twist, a quote from the fictional Severus Shape fits this sad news:
    "It may not have come to your attention, but life is not fair."
    I will never understand why such a kind and gentle soul had to die of cancer.

RIP Alan Rickman - you were an amazing actor!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "I just know I'm not the greatest power on this earth. I didn't create myself, because I would have done a hell of a better job." -Layne Staley

Quote Originally Posted by MCghoul38 View Post
    And A Just Damn....We not even 1/2 through this month......
    My gosh, 67-69 years old seems to be the age this year....Rickman stood in a class by himself; so handsome, talented, selfless only to be taken away from such a wretched disease. I am sickened ..RIP Mr. Rickman

harlequin_clown Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleRain View Post
    I just watched CBGB's about a week ago, and he was in it. Played a great part. RIP

Wow, This year has taken some great talent already.
    Hilly Cristal! That movie had EVERYONE in it, but I only watched him and Ryan Hurst (Of course!)

When my mother told me, I thought it was a hoax, but when I saw it on CNN my heart literally dropped to my ankles. I still haven't accepted it. I am heartbroken

Has anyone found anything on any kind of a funeral service?. Quietly cremated? Privately buried? No mean to be nosy but there's not a peep anywhere of anything...at all..

Alan Rickman has always been one of my favorite actors- ever since I saw him in Robin Hood. I love the Harry Potter movies- but my absolute favorite is Dogma. RIP.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

I listen to one of Kevin Smith's podcasts every week called Hollywood Babble On and last week he talked about working with Alan Rickman on Dogma. Apparently they got to be pretty good friends. Kevin had a lot of nice things to say about Rickman and he was in tears. The guy was really crying. I felt so bad for him. Some guy in to audience yells out something like, "Come on. Let it go." and Kevin said, "I will man. Just give me a minute. He's only going to die once. Let me get this out." I thought, damn how rude. I can't believe no one had anything to say to that jerk but I think everyone was caught up in the emotion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tebssis Guest
    Has anyone seen his movie Closet Land? Someone on another site mentioned it and I can't wait to find a copy. He and Madeleine Stowe are the only cast members and the whole movie takes place in one room. It's supposedly a thriller.
    I'm going to miss him. His voice melted me even when he played the "bad guy". RIP Mr. Rickman. Always will be one of my favorites.

Last week, according to some British friends who either saw or read the new, there was a private memorial service. Alan was cremated.