Thread: Lemmy Kilmister-Motorhead

Lemmy Kilmister-Motorhead

Per Ozzy Osborne's Twitter, Lemmy died today at age 70.

EDIT: Death has now been confirmed by Motorhead's official Facebook page.
    Last edited by glowegal; 12-28-2015 at 04:51 PM.

I found this, but no real source.

VCNJ~
    Professional Thread-Killer

Bummer......being reported by many sources.

I saw Motorhead last April. They had cancelled the previous concert, but Lemmy decided to play in my town. He was in a really bad shape, I got the impression he was being supported by the microphone stand. But he played a whole concert for us. I'm glad I was able to see him live. RIP.

Forever-27 Guest
    He was a legend. Motörhead has been a band for the better part of 40 years. Kicker is he just turned 70 yesterday. So glad I got to see him live 6 times over the years. Motörhead always was fun live. Lemmy will be missed

He was great. Musically and in interviews etc..

RIP
    My profile picture and avatar are pictures of the lovely Agnetha Fältskog from ABBA, not me. I am a man, and an admirer of her. Friend proposers take note!

He was amazing and I'm glad I got the chance to see him live as often as I did - I'd tell him to `Rest in Peace' but that's not really his style ;-)

\m/ O \m/ Mosh on Lemmy

Mortisha Munster Guest
    R.I.P. Lemmy

Not a Motorhead fan, but was still shocked. My question- what the hell kind of cancer kills in 3 days? Jeez.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

RIP Lemmy.

Thought this was interesting.

"Despite the band’s success, Lemmy said in interviews over the years that he had made more money from writing Osbourne’s 1991 hit Mama I’m Coming Home than from the entire Motörhead catalogue."

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...le-with-cancer
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

is he the one who has missing fingers or something but can still play bad ass? anywhoo..this music not my cup o' tea, but still, gotta give it to them
    for lasting so long in the music biz. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    is he the one who has missing fingers or something but can still play bad ass? anywhoo..this music not my cup o' tea, but still, gotta give it to them
    for lasting so long in the music biz. RIP
    Nope that Tony Iommi, Lemmy is the one that can tell the dirtiest jokes and plays bass like nobodies business.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Nope that Tony Iommi, Lemmy is the one that can tell the dirtiest jokes and plays bass like nobodies business.
    Yes he could
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Sad to see Lemmy's passing. Wasn't totally unexpected given his lifestyle, but still... I lucked out and got to hang with him a few times. He was a total bad-ass. Super nice to all his fans and willing to sign autographs and take photos with everybody. He was the real deal. He loved to rock and roll and was a no bullshit guy. He always offered a word of encouragement to the open acts and gave praise when due. Their are not to many many musicians that are beloved by the punks, metalheads and classic rockers, but Lemmy was. Rock In Peace!

I wasn't a super Motorhead fan but I did enjoy Ace of Spades quite a bit, and loved them performing it on The Young Ones. Lemmy seemed like a pretty cool guy even though most of their music wasn't my cup o' tea. Willy's post confirms this, glad to see he was a cool guy. What a bummer to die just 3 days after being diagnosed. I think he had just had a birthday too? I read something like he had a birthday, Christmas, cancer diagnosis and death all within 4 days or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I wasn't a super Motorhead fan but I did enjoy Ace of Spades quite a bit, and loved them performing it on The Young Ones. Lemmy seemed like a pretty cool guy even though most of their music wasn't my cup o' tea. Willy's post confirms this, glad to see he was a cool guy. What a bummer to die just 3 days after being diagnosed. I think he had just had a birthday too? I read something like he had a birthday, Christmas, cancer diagnosis and death all within 4 days or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post

WOW! For him to pass away that quickly (and I don't mean any offense), he must have been in the very late stages of whatever type of brain cancer he had.

I know that the WWE's "Triple H" is a huge Motorhead fan (don't know how to get the two dots to appear above the "O" in Motorhead) and I wonder if he's made any comment about Lemmy's passing?
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

For any LA-area hags, Lemmy's favorite bar will be holding a 12-hour memorial service on 9 Jan.

Just streaming his funeral on YouTube. So many recollections, so many saying what a gentleman he was.

Lemmy was a gentleman. he was also Keith emerson's former roadie with the Nice!
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    WOW! For him to pass away that quickly (and I don't mean any offense), he must have been in the very late stages of whatever type of brain cancer he had.

I know that the WWE's "Triple H" is a huge Motorhead fan (don't know how to get the two dots to appear above the "O" in Motorhead) and I wonder if he's made any comment about Lemmy's passing?

Triple H spoke at his funeral

I watched some of the live stream of his funeral. Very touching stories. He will be missed for sure. I hate that there's no more Motorhead now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spliff Guest
    I think it's very possible that Lemmy committed suicide by overdosing the Morphine he was given since he was diagnosed 2 days before, then died, nodded off and never woke up. Instead of going through more agony of terminal cancer. I would not blame him at all.

jc1305us Guest
    He wrote or co-wrote many Ozzy songs over the years. A very talented man. RIP

qulevergrrl Guest
    I just saw Lemmy on the March 2015 TMS. He's on tour with Motorhead and talking to Ed and the other guys via satellite. They make a joke about breaking the record for how fast they went through their allotted amount of alcohol for the tour. I loved Lemmy. LOVED HIM! But seriously, he had to have known where this was all headed. Poor guy.

Spliff Guest
    I was at Riotfest '16 in Chicago last September, caught the last of Overkill, the last song of their set. I could just tell that was about it because he sounded out of breath more than usual. Seen them twice before so I went to No Doubt the stage over, then towards the end of their set trampled through the mud back to Motorhead's stage.

I figured I'll just go see them next time they come through, now I kick myself for it.

I watched some videos on youtube of it and when Lemmy talked you could really tell he was giving it all he had left. There was a tinge of sadness, you could tell he was struggling with words. His bass playing was spot on though I thought.

he did a lot of drug taking and screwing

http://nypost.com/2016/11/27/lemmys-...he-next-level/

man, he's lucky to have lived as long as he did. i guess some ppl can do that

I read where he had a kid and pretty much ignored him. Not cool as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    I read where he had a kid and pretty much ignored him. Not cool as far as I'm concerned.
    He said during his documentary that when he found out he had a kid and when he went to look him up he decided that it's better to leave him alone because he made a great life for himself as a banker IIRC and he didn't want to intrude on that.

I had read an excerpt from the book supposedly that stated that he had met him as a kid and wanted nothing to do with him. I have no idea what the facts are. If those are the facts, I don't find them something I think much of.

My Dad is exactly like that and smoking and boozing and I never really met him until I was 18 now we live in the same city and we see each other maybe once every two years or if he needs something he will pop up. It's kinda the end for him. He's screwed his liver and he's developed cancer.
    Last edited by TheDude; 12-01-2016 at 01:59 AM.