Thread: Carol Doda - legendary SF stripper - 78

Carol Doda - legendary SF stripper - 78

Carol Doda, whose career skyrocketed after her 34B bustline was increased to 44DDs through silicone injections - eek! - has died at the age of 78.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...78-6625160.php

Her club, the Condor, was the happenin' place in SF during the 60s, (most notably during the 1964 Republican National Convention - heh) and Doda reigned over it until 1985. She was featured in the Monkees' film Head, and ran a successful lingerie store for a long while.

Miss Doda never married and had no children

VCNJ~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27696213_1_l.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	53146   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pl1741-1024x807.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	162.9 KB 
ID:	53147   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen-Shot-2015-07-02-at-8.17.43-PM-250x218.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	53148  
    Last edited by VeuveClicquotNJ; 11-11-2015 at 05:27 PM.
    Professional Thread-Killer

I remember when I was still a kid and some one had a magazine with her pictures in it. Stacked is an understatement ! A real pioneer. RIP.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

RIP, lady.

Injections? How long did that last? Doesn't seem like that would be a healthy thing to do.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Poo Bah MCGee Guest
    her life was always directed into sexual entertainment, even as child. My guess is she found adoration among a following of men who were turned on by those enormous "honkers", whether they were plasticized or real. Taking is in context, she found her greatest fame in the mid-1960's, when most men and boys were under the spell of Hugh Hefner's vision of what made a girl/woman attractive. Generally, it wasn't her mind. Doda found herself in a high traffic area of San Francisco, either in or near the space that was the old "Hungry i".
    John Stewart, of "The Kingston Trio" made a joke about Carol's silicone treated breasts during their concerts at the Sierra Tahoe, stating, "She fell asleep to close to the furnace and they melted. One is now an ashtray, the other a replica of Mt. Rushmore."

I used to see her out and about in my old neighborhood around 1999-2001. That "successful lingerie shop," even though it was on chic Union Street, was actually just a hole-in-the-wall and she worked the counter herself. I bought some overpriced pantyhose there once. I often saw her driving what appeared to be a late 70s brown, Lincoln Town car, which really stood out in that yuppie neighborhood. She always wore black stretch pants and a black turtleneck, the famous boobs propped up beneath. Bleach blond, permed hair and tons of makeup. I seem to recall a big shaggy dog with her too.

She was generally aloof and unfriendly and had an air of bitterness about her. She had not aged well. Probably at that time she was in her early 60s but looked like she could be in her 70s. Imagine being stuck behind the counter of a tiny shop when you should be retired. The sex industry has no use for women past a certain age. She apparently aged-out of the "spokesmodel" position at that San Jose TV station too. In her mid-40s she went back to dancing at The Condor. This was the 1980s now so mainly for the tourists, otherwise who knows what she would've done. Not much is known about her early life but she apparently became a cocktail waitress at 14 (according to Wiki) so that should tell you something.

She did actually have two children "while very young" (whatever that means) according to Wki, and one of them is dead already. She had very little contact with them.

People like to imagine sex entertainers make good money but the truth is they don't and/or it doesn't last because there's always younger and "fresher" meat coming around the corner. This SF Weekly article talks a little about how she "never got a dime" for "revolutionizing adult entertainment" (uhhh....really? I guess, if you consider her a "pioneer" in breast enlargement surgery.): http://www.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/20...arol-doda-dies

She was arrested for drunk driving a couple years ago: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier...UI-4898616.php

"...drank at Gino and Carlo's on Green Street up until the end." Died of lung and kidney failure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	920x920.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	53156  
    Last edited by Gladiolus; 11-16-2015 at 04:39 PM.

Great info - thanks for the post.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

The Myth of the Perfect 36

What I Learned About Stripping and Life From Carol Doda

"I was a fifteen-year-old runaway girl living on the streets of San Francisco, and I happened to land a job in the Condor Club working for Carol Doda. My story is a different story then the ones I have read in the news this past week."

http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/11/...om-carol-doda/

Forever-27 Guest
    Yea rite .. San Francisco republican , they couldn't be that smart lol. Seriously tho she technically wasnt a stripper per say. She only went topless. She never showed the goods. Shame shes gone she was one of the last San Francisco icons. Theyve since turned the condor into aome trendy sportsbar or someshit now. A few buildings down are all the north beach strip clubs. Big als, the roaring 20s , hungry eye. Hell my folks saw bob dylan at the hungry eye in the mid 60s before it was made into a strip club