Thread: Man with hatchet, threatens to burn down house, north park.

Man with hatchet, threatens to burn down house, north park.

This is going on right now, about three blocks from where I live. I drove right by the area coming back from the store, I saw three cop cars and the news van but wasn't sure what was going on until I saw this report.
    http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...336664151.html

A SWAT standoff has been underway for hours in North Park where a man armed with a hatchet is threatening to burn a house down.
    The incident began Saturday around 11 a.m. on the 3300 block of 30th Street.

It ended peacefully.

Oh good, glad everything ended up OK.

My school went on lockdown on Friday because of a car chase where the guy fled on foot in the area of my school. The ER response was horrible, I was off campus between classes and they were sending out mixed messages, first that it wasn't a drill, then that it was a drill, then another message that it was NOT a drill, and eventually after it was all over an email from the president apologizing for how disorganized the whole thing was. People on campus were locked in rooms with the blinds drawn, chairs up against the doors, no one knew what was going on, I'm sure everyone was scared as hell with all the school shootings and whatnot lately.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    A SWAT standoff has been underway for hours in North Park where a man armed with a hatchet is threatening to burn a house down.
    What was it - a Swiss Army hatchet?

Nobody ever started a fire with a hatchet; you need matches or a lighter or something to start a proper fire.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

He also had a lighter and matches as well as propane. Wow Bette, I bet that was scary. I am glad no one was hurt.