Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sandra Bland

Sandra Bland

The video of the traffic stop which led to her arrest. She apparently killed herself while in custody. She sounds like an ignorant woman but the trooper should have diffused the situation. Starts at 9:00 minute mark.

http://jezebel.com/texas-cop-used-fo...-tr-1719388421

Arrested July 10. Died July 13.
    Last edited by cash; 07-21-2015 at 07:28 PM.

I have read nothing about this. I just watched the dashcam. Why do they think she was murdered? They knew this was all on video. even mentioned it, so there wasn't anything to keep her quiet about that wasn't going to be available. There was a black female officer there as well as a white (hispanic?) officer. Yes, he was not perfect, and the situation got a little out of hand. But why did she have to get sassy in the first place? If she hadn't talked back and just respected his authori-tah in the beginning I doubt it would have escalated. He was wrong but she was not 100% right either. She was about to start a new job and could have thought that being arrested would ruin that opportunity and that's why she took her life, it makes sense to me. I'm not getting why people think this is a coverup homicide, so what am I missing?

qulevergrrl Guest
    I asked my husband if I called him up from jail and said, "uh, yeah, hon, I smarted off to an officer when he told me to put out my cigarette and get out of the car." Number one, I have smarted off to cops in my day and been handcuffed for it, but no one has ever slammed my head into the ground for not putting my blinker on and smarting off about my cig. Number two, my cigarettes are freaking expensive, and I don't put them out for anyone. I'm kidding. But I likely would have asked if getting out of the car was necessary for a failure to turn on my blinker.

I know they've now found a previous video note from this young lady indicating she was suicidal. Regardless, they should have been much more respectful and treated her with dignity. She wouldn't have been their in the first place. I believe criminal negligence charges at the very least.

He told her to get out of the car because she got sassy with him and wouldn't comply. If she had just spent a couple minutes out of her life calmly doing what the officer asked and answering his questions, she
    would have been working at her new job this week. I'm not saying what the officer did was right and all, but there wasn't any reason for her to get an attitude about it all. I only say this because I work in customer service and talk to people on the phone all day long at my job. The nicer you are to me, the more I go out of my way for you. If you sit there and act like a a-hole when I'm trying to help you, then you ain't gonna get much from me in return.

And I think she did commit suicide. It wasn't a murder. Apparently she has a history of suicide attempts, or speaking about it. I don't think she took to being in lock-up too well and felt her life was ruined because she ended up in jail and probably figured she wasn't going to have her new job anymore and the new life she set out to start in TX.

copy of voicemail Bland left for friend while in jail

http://www.mediaite.com/online/liste...e-from-prison/

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I have read nothing about this. I just watched the dashcam. Why do they think she was murdered?
    Only because her family says "she would never kill herself". The same family that has already lawyered up even though they couldn't find $500 to post her bond and get her out.

seems to be a suicide. the family is clueless. the cop should be fired.

http://news.yahoo.com/sheriff-inmate...065533175.html

^^this^^
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Bidmor Guest
    One thing that stood out to me first time I saw the vid was that the trooper refused, as far as can be heard, to answer Waller's question as to why she was being "apprehended" (arrested). In my observation, that is what agitated her and why she resisted. Resisting a peace officer's request or order is unlawful, but so is not being informed the reason for arrest when the officer was asked point blank several times. A citizen has the Constitutional right to know why he or she is being arrested.

I haven't watched the video and don't want to be unduly influenced by reading a ton about this but it seems to me that this woman had some serious mental issues and wanted to be one of the people that is being talked about and being made famous for absolutely nothing. She went out of her way to make a nuisance of herself and killed herself in custody for "greater impact." What's unfortunate is that the cop appeared to play into her hands. I don't know if what he did was illegal but it certainly wasn't too bright. At the end of the day, I'm sure there will be a long investigation and if the cop/department were the least bit responsible, I'm sure the family will end up with a check. I get the impression, that's all they're really interested in.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Wow, there is a whole thing on buzzfeed. You name it, someone is questioning it.

People are speculating she was already dead in her mugshot-that she was lying on her back in the picture- due to the angle of her shoulders, and her hair appearing to hang back and down, there are discrepancies on her booking papers as to the year of her suicide attempt and other conflicting information about whether she had epilepsy and was on medication for it, reporters were allowed into her cell and there was a bible on the bed, when the next group of reporters was brought in the bible had been opened to the psalms.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthi...-wh#.uo6A3ENG4

Also some are claiming the dash cam video was edited. It does appear the same car drives by and the tow truck driver gets out of his truck in the same footage a couple of times.

https://news.vice.com/article/was-sa...before-release

And lets not forget that her family's lawyer claims the Waller County DA texted him (really a text?) and requested a 2nd autopsy, after the first one was declared "defective"

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/w...e-489882179661
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Bidmor Guest
    A fellow by the name of Ben Norton highlights video edits.

He also states claims "Bland was a 28-year-old Black Lives Matter civil rights activist and vocal critic of police brutality". If true, the trooper might have discovered this while he ran her license then returned to Bland's car with an attitude and why she resisted.

http://bennorton.com/dashcam-video-o...nd-was-edited/

Tntina Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I haven't watched the video and don't want to be unduly influenced by reading a ton about this but it seems to me that this woman had some serious mental issues and wanted to be one of the people that is being talked about and being made famous for absolutely nothing. She went out of her way to make a nuisance of herself and killed herself in custody for "greater impact." What's unfortunate is that the cop appeared to play into her hands. I don't know if what he did was illegal but it certainly wasn't too bright. At the end of the day, I'm sure there will be a long investigation and if the cop/department were the least bit responsible, I'm sure the family will end up with a check. I get the impression, that's all they're really interested in.
    I agree - The lines are blurred - the family says she did not commit suicide - have ordered an "independent" autopsy (read: one slanted toward their agenda), but the focus of this case seems to be the actual arrest - NOT her death. Except for the people who are saying that her booking photo was taken after her death.

She may have accidentally committed suicide - she said in jail intake forms she had earlier - and according to the autopsy report had healed scarring (cutting?) - plus the reports said she was semi-standing/seated when found - maybe she thought she could stage an attempted suicide - bring more attention to her cause as a person who survived.

I think more and more of cases like this will tie our police officer's hands when making arrests - I've never been arrested, but do officers typically say, "I'm arresting you for XXX" - or is it more Restrain, then explain? I would think if it were a combative situation the person would be restrained then arrest explained - or in this case, if she had calmed down, sent off with a ticket for the traffic offense - assaulting the officer was likely the reason she was arrested.

Interesting that the cell had a phone in there.

I think this case is very simple. She got pulled over, gave the cop an attitude and refused "a lawful order", got arrested, went to jail, committed suicide. All of the rest of this is much ado about nothing. Her family has brought in a lawyer to take advantage of the current anti police sentiment to set up for a wrongful death lawsuit. This same family let her wallow in jail for three days when all her release required was a $500 cash bond. I've seen worse police brutality on your average episode of COPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    I think this case is very simple. She got pulled over, gave the cop an attitude and refused "a lawful order", got arrested, went to jail, committed suicide. All of the rest of this is much ado about nothing. Her family has brought in a lawyer to take advantage of the current anti police sentiment to set up for a wrongful death lawsuit. This same family let her wallow in jail for three days when all her release required was a $500 cash bond. I've seen worse police brutality on your average episode of COPS.
    I hope you're right.
    Minerva

The full autopsy report - she used a plastic white transparent trash bag. Its amazing how easy it is to hang yourself.
    She had some superficial abrasions ( from the arrest) and plenty of tattoos.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/272513891/...Autopsy-Report

Why would a jail put plastic bags in a jail cell?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I had seen posts on FB from my black and Native friends, about how she was murdered, and "if I ever die in police custody know it was not suicide" etc... but I don't think there is anything more to this than this. I totally agree that if she had just done what the police officer asked, it wouldn't have turned out the way it did. The people who say she is dead in her mug shot are nuts. A woman who is a mortician posted that because her eyes are fixed on the camera and her mouth is pursed there is no way she is dead. Of course the conspiracy people are saying they would have known enough to figure out a way to fix those things to dummy up a live mug shot, because people are dumb. And why didn't her family just pay the bail? Then they would have seen she was alive. I don't know if I could survive in jail for 10 minutes, let alone 3 days, and if she was suicidal before and thought this might affect her upcoming job, I don't see what the controversy is. It makes me sad that every time something happens with a black person and a white/hispanic officer it's some kind of conspiracy. This is making things worse, not better.

Anyone know if the guy shot by the LAPD today in Studio City was white? Just curious because I haven't heard, and I'm guessing if I haven't heard yet then he was white. If he had been black and was shot by the LAPD (even for shooting a gun around in a very crowded area and then pointing a gun at police who were ordering him to drop it) it would be a much bigger story.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 07-24-2015 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Wow, there is a whole thing on buzzfeed. You name it, someone is questioning it.

People are speculating she was already dead in her mugshot-that she was lying on her back in the picture- due to the angle of her shoulders, and her hair appearing to hang back and down, there are discrepancies on her booking papers as to the year of her suicide attempt and other conflicting information about whether she had epilepsy and was on medication for it, reporters were allowed into her cell and there was a bible on the bed, when the next group of reporters was brought in the bible had been opened to the psalms.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthi...-wh#.uo6A3ENG4

Also some are claiming the dash cam video was edited. It does appear the same car drives by and the tow truck driver gets out of his truck in the same footage a couple of times.

https://news.vice.com/article/was-sa...before-release

And lets not forget that her family's lawyer claims the Waller County DA texted him (really a text?) and requested a 2nd autopsy, after the first one was declared "defective"

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/w...e-489882179661
    I just now read a screen shot of this on FB. I think it's conspiracy bull, but, hey with the way things are these days, who knows? SMH
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I haven't watched the other videos or the "proof" that they are doctored, just read why people think that. One person sees a car come by and turn left out of the field of video several times. Someone says "how many times is a car going to drive down the same road", and I'm thinking to myself, probably lots of times, when something like that is going on, people nosy!

Here's the screen shot I read on FB.

GOD IS NOT DEAD

Crazy crazy. Sorry.

1. The police showed other people have had mugshots taken in their orange booking outfit. Some say they are different than hers, but the truth is they are all different from each other. The dept. stated clothing depends on how busy it is in booking. Also, why would they have had to change her shirt if she was dead? She wasn't cut so there shouldn't have been blood or anything on it, so if they were really going for a coverup and taking a mugshot of a db, why not keep her own shirt on? This one is not a big deal in my opinion
    2. They have shown pictures of where they take the booking photos and it's not in the cells, so the color of her cell wall is irrelevant. Plus if they were going to take a dead mugshot I doubt they would do it in her cell, that looks fairly accessibile to a lot of eyes. You can put the fear of death into people but the more people who see a serious coverup like that the more likely someone is going to talk.
    3. I disagree that her hair is falling toward the background. Some of it is brushed back, some is halfway back and halfway down. Maybe they don't understand how black hair works but even standing up it wouldn't go straight down when it's that short because of the texture and no length to weigh it down, if it's anything like my goddaughters.
    4. They are really projecting on the shoulder thing. It's cut off, just because the shirt doesn't go down at the edge of the photo doesn't mean her arm is straight out. And if they WERE going to set this up, why would they leave her arm out? It doesn't even make any sense.
    5. They don't understand asphyxia "hanging" death. It's the same thing as Robin Williams, L'Wren Scott (was that her last name?) and many others. You just need something to tie the ligature around and to be able to lean forward to put pressure on the neck. It doesn't literally mean they are hanging from a noose.
    6. I agree they should not have trash cans, at least with liner bags, but they did. That said, she had bedsheets which she could have used to do the same exact thing, which inmates do all the time all over the country.
    7. Again, even if her shoulder was broken, she still could have tied a knot in a bag and put it around her neck, she didn't have to fashion a noose and hang it from the ceiling or anything.
    8. This person is nuts. For the police department and everyone in the jail (this would have to include many many people) to go to all this trouble to avoid a lawsuit for excessive force? Makes no sense. And I haven't even mentioned that she was suicidal before.

They didn't even mention the different answers on the different forms, but that's another non-issue everyone is bringing up. One form says she tried to commit suicide before, the other says she didn't. Someone corrected a date they wrote. People make mistakes, all the time. You should see my medical records. They contradict themselves at some points. When you have different people filling out forms and the inmate gives a different answer to each one, the forms will be different. It happens all the time.

If they did take the mugshot with her dead kudos to them for getting her eyes to be looking right into the camera, and for her mouth to be closed. As I posted before, according to a mortician, if she was dead her mouth would be open, because the body has no muscle control. Your eyes are also attached to muscles that would relax. So if the police planned this out enough that they had something to keep her mouth positioned like that (so unlikely) even though she was dead, that's a tiny detail. Amazing they would get that but then not put her arm at her side as it would be if she was standing. Just another reason this idea of her being dead is so dumb.

Ughghghgh. I should be doing homework. Why am I wasting so much time with this stupidity. If they can prove this was a murder and coverup by the police I will make a video of myself eating my hat, or professing my undying love or Justin Bieber or doing something equally horrible, because I think the chances of it being true are nearly zero.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 07-25-2015 at 06:35 PM.

See this whole video was the point I'd tried to make in the Michael Brown thread. Luckily, this officer didn't shoot her & while yes, he absolutely could've handled it more professionally, I don't understand the mentality of mouthing off & being a jackass. I've been pulled over for speeding (more than once) and for riding the ass of a guy in a minivan who wouldn't move out of the passing lane. In all incidents I was just polite, handed over my info & was let off with warnings. I was polite & the respective cops all responded in kind. Is it that much of a stretch for people to go that route rather than being shocked when a bad attitude is met with um, an equally bad attitude?
    Last edited by sfcitygirl; 07-25-2015 at 06:39 PM.

I agree. I don't know what race you are but I'm white and so I'm sure people will say that's why I've never had a problem. But I've also never mouthed off.

There is a video my friend posted on FB of a black kid who was pulled over for driving in the median to get to the turn lane. He made the video right after the stop and said he had just been pulled over by a white officer, and he turned down his radio and did as he was asked and then the officer just explained to him why he shouldn't drive in the median (could be a safety issue, etc...) and let him go with a warning. He was just telling other black people that all they have to do is have a little respect and they will get respect back. His stop could have gone a whole different way if he wanted to be a smart ass, not turn down his radio or had an attitude in general.

Hell even if you don't get respect still keep your composure and do what you are asked because when other people see the video they are going to be on your side, imo the less you argue and resist when an officer is being a dick the worse that officer looks.

Quote Originally Posted by sfcitygirl View Post
    See this whole video was the point I'd tried to make in the Michael Brown thread. Luckily, this officer didn't shoot her & while yes, he absolutely could've handled it more professionally, I don't understand the mentality of mouthing off & being a jackass. I've been pulled over for speeding (more than once) and for riding the ass of a guy in a minivan who wouldn't move out of the passing lane. In all incidents I was just polite, handed over my info & was let off with warnings. I was polite & the respective cops all responded in kind. Is it that much of a stretch for people to go that route rather than being shocked when a bad attitude is met with um, an equally bad attitude?
    Well said!! I think that in some communities, people actually sit around and have conversations about what people would do if they got pulled over and oftentimes they go overboard about how they would be bad-assed, etc., and Sandra escalated her situation when she should have done the opposite and with her mental health issues, having family and friends who don't really give a shit about her and are probably seriously ignorant on top of everything else and its a recipe for disaster.
    Minerva

My Pop was a cop when I started Jr. High. Learned not to sass a cop at an early age.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

And this wasn't Sandra's first run in with the police. I saw a long list of her other arrests for driving violations, and also one for shoplifting. She wasn't the "Saint" everyone is making her out to be.

So changing lanes without signalling and smoking in your own car are death sentences now? Glad this doesn't happen where I live, there would be mass murder by the cops every day of the week!

It was only a death sentence because she made it one.

Touche !

This just feels hinkey to me. I just don't believe that she would commit suicide just because she got pulled over for a traffic violation. I also don't believe that she would stage a suicide. I know that when the arresting officer was taking her down to the ground, she did hit her head, could that have caused some trauma internally in her brain and that is what caused her to die, and they freaked, because of all the negativity the police have been getting lately and maybe staged her suicide to cover up the fact that it could have been head trauma? I am just stating a possible theory, as we may never know what happened and the only ones that do are Sandra and whatever diety that you believe in.

Smoking a cigarette in your car and not signalling a lane change are not capital crimes carrying instant (no indictment, no trial, no verdict) death penalty, last time I looked.

I still haven't figured out why a jail would put large plastic bags in a jail cell especially where one has already noted they have been suicidal in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by StudioJoe View Post
    Smoking a cigarette in your car and not signalling a lane change are not capital crimes carrying instant (no indictment, no trial, no verdict) death penalty, last time I looked.
    Then she shouldn't have chosen to end her life over it. You obviously think she was killed by someone else, which I don't. Even so, the reason for the initial stop is irrelevant to the reason she was booked, if she had just done what she was supposed to and not had an attitude and then resisted arrest she would have likely just been sent on her way with a ticket. The cop was not perfect here but she chose her behavior that landed her in jail.

As for the trash can liners, I don't know why they would have those either. Of course it's stupid in hindsight. Could be it was never an issue before so they never thought about it. Even if there hadn't been a liner, I see sheets on the bed which could have been used the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by StudioJoe View Post
    Didn't you say this already before?

a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion....

Then she shouldn't have chosen to end her life over it. You obviously think she was killed by someone else, which I don't. Even so, the reason for the initial stop is irrelevant to the reason she was booked, if she had just done what she was supposed to and not had an attitude and then resisted arrest she would have likely just been sent on her way with a ticket. The cop was not perfect here but she chose her behavior that landed her in jail.

As for the trash can liners, I don't know why they would have those either. Of course it's stupid in hindsight. Could be it was never an issue before so they never thought about it. Even if there hadn't been a liner, I see sheets on the bed which could have been used the same way.
    I'm not sure you could suffocate someone with a sheet though. I think she killed herself but I've just not been able to get my head around a jail putting plastic bags in the cells. It really has little to do with this issue, I just can't imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertGypsy View Post
    Didn't you say this already before?

a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion....
    Part of the whole "I'll keep saying the same illogical conclusion until someone believes it" crowd me thinks. Been running into a few of those lately.

Gypsy, just because someone repeats what you don't agree with does not mean they are a troll. It means they are beating a dead horse and that is not against the rules. Calling someone a troll is hostility and most def against Rule 4. ((((drum roll)))) If you don't like what someone posts, put them on your ignore list.

Pauli, find out what the rules are and don't quote abusers. Rule 4.

As far as I'm concerned, whether or not she killed herself, I couldn't say, none of us can, but we have the right to our own opinion.

She did not commit a capitol crime; however, when you mess with the police big and bad enough you are asking for it, baby. Even if you do not overly act out there are cops out there with whipcord tempers that will blow you off the earth. You never know, so it's best to obey the laws, in the first place, and if you get caught with a moving violation or whatever, play nice and take your medicine.
    Last edited by cindyt; 07-26-2015 at 06:12 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

you act like an asshole to a cop, he's not gonna take it. fuck off! she is not a hero. You do what the cop asks you to do. she had a smart ass mouth, and she got arrested! and then, she waited 3 days in jail. her friend, who has been allllll over the tv, didnt bail her out, her family didnt bail her out..
    then she committed suicide. wah wah wah. i'm tired of ppl giving ppl who don't deserve it the martyr symbol. i have been pulled over probably like 5 times, i cooperated and yes, i got tickets, but got dammit, i respect the law. she acted like a fool. i feel no sympathy here.

p.s. if you actually watch the video, from the start, he WAS polite to her. he wasn't a jerk off. she started it.!

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    you act like an asshole to a cop, he's not gonna take it. fuck off!
    The Supreme Court has ruled it your Constitutional right to cuss at a cop and tell him you believe he is wrong. If you are actually doing something illegal, bad for you but if not he does have to simply take it.

Whether you should do it and whether you can are two different things.

she is not a hero. You do what the cop asks you to do. she had a smart ass mouth, and she got arrested! and then, she waited 3 days in jail. her friend, who has been allllll over the tv, didnt bail her out, her family didnt bail her out..
    then she committed suicide. wah wah wah. i'm tired of ppl giving ppl who don't deserve it the martyr symbol. i have been pulled over probably like 5 times, i cooperated and yes, i got tickets, but got dammit, i respect the law. she acted like a fool. i feel no sympathy here.
    It's really not about her. The Supreme court has also ruled that after a routine traffic stop the officer is suppose to get in his car and leave, not continue to detain and question you. After handing her the warning, it's his job to get in his car and leave.

p.s. if you actually watch the video, from the start, he WAS polite to her. he wasn't a jerk off. she started it.!
    Then write her a ticket.

I've been pulled over by smart butt cops with God-complexes, and then there was that female cop who aided in the arrest of my husband. But I was polite and signed my ticket and drug Harry the bulldog into the house before the uh, lady, cop shot him, because my mama didn't raise but one fool, and it wasn't me.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I've been pulled over by smart butt cops with God-complexes, and then there was that female cop who aided in the arrest of my husband. But I was polite and signed my ticket and drug Harry the bulldog into the house before the uh, lady, cop shot him, because my mama didn't raise but one fool, and it wasn't me.
    You shouldn't have to drag your dog into the house because you are worried about it getting shot.

The Supreme Court has ruled - I don't recall the case - in favor of the right to be "rude" to the police. I believe the majority opinion said something to the effect of that's what makes America a democracy as opposed to a police state. It's probably true that if you don't give the cops an "attitude" you are less likely to get dragged from your vehicle and thrown to the ground. (And hey, maybe if you didn't wear such a short skirt you wouldn't have been raped, either.) IMO the cop sucks at his job. It's supposed to be part of his training to de-escalate situations. HE was the one who was at work, who was being PAID to have the interaction, and he should have been able to avoid rising to whatever "bait" he felt she was giving him. Anybody that goes from zero to "I will light you up" that fast doesn't need to be a police officer. Of course the larger societal issue that nobody really talks about is that nobody wants to be a police officer, because it's a shitty job, and therefore PDs can't afford to have very high standards.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    You shouldn't have to drag your dog into the house because you are worried about it getting shot.
    I know right? The dog was barking at them because they had his master up against a patrol car, and so the bitch started barking at me.

Bitch: "Get your dog inside!"
    Me: "I can't...I--!" (I was so week back then that I could barely walk ten feet without sitting down, and from our gate to the front door was longer than that.)
    Bitch: "Get your dog inside! RIGHT NOW!"

On that particular day he wasn't wearing his harness, so I twisted his collar and dragged him down the brick walk, up two steps to the porch, where he started choking, and then I shoved him inside. Nice, huh? At least I found out that day that I am capable of more than I think I am when need be. I honestly believe I saved that dog's life.

Bitch, Karma is a meaner bitch than you.
    Last edited by cindyt; 07-26-2015 at 08:30 PM. Reason: gget
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I've been pulled over by smart butt cops with God-complexes....
    Around my neck of the woods, about half the cops were bullied kids who grew up and became cops so they could bully others. The one who arrested me the day I went to jail for three months was one of those.

As for Sandra Bland, the mugshot they're showing around isn't the original mugshot. The original is on the right. The one on the left, that they've been showing all over, has been doctored. And before anyone says anything, yes I save pics to my Photobucket account and then post them here with the image code. It's easier.

When you are arrested, your mugshot is not taken in "oranges," it's taken in whatever clothes you were wearing at the time of your arrest. I've been arrested. The photo of Sandra on the right, she looks dead, her eyes are unfocused and unseeing. Jail walls are not gray, they're an off-white. Jail floors are gray.

Last edited by RiaBrown; 07-26-2015 at 08:55 PM.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Around my neck of the woods, about half the cops were bullied kids who grew up and became cops so they could bully others. The one who arrested me the day I went to jail for three months was one of those.

As for Sandra Bland, the mugshot they're showing around isn't the original mugshot. The original is on the right. The one on the left, that they've been showing all over, has been doctored. And before anyone says anything, yes I save pics to my Photobucket account and then post them here with the image code. It's easier.

When you are arrested, your mugshot is not taken in "oranges," it's taken in whatever clothes you were wearing at the time of your arrest. I've been arrested. The photo of Sandra on the right, she looks dead, her eyes are unfocused and unseeing. Jail walls are not gray, they're an off-white. Jail floors are gray.

When I first looked at the pic on the right--before I read you post, I was like She looks dead.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post

That pic on the right looks as if she's giving a sassy eye-roll. She is not dead in the photo. And I really like how all her family and friends are all protesting her death and arrest yet they all left her in jail for 3 days without responding to her calls to bail her out...I guess being on the martyr bandwagon looks better for them all.

I never knew sassy eye rolls could go that far back in your head, I, have worked with and for a medical examiner and was going to be one myself, to me the picture on the right she is dead. They do not put you in jail clothes until after your mug shot and booking. The walls are off white as Ria said, not gray. I again feel like when she hit her head it caused some damage and she died in her cell on the floor and that is when these pictures were taken.

She was booked into the Walker County, Texas jail, right? So just so I could verify whether the background in her photo should have been grey, white or some other color, I googled mugshots from that particular jail and guess what? Grey backgrounds in many of them. Here's one example: http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Texa...102324762.html

You can look at others too http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Texa...0County,%20TX/
    I'm no expert so the background thing may be a non-issue, but maybe this one thing can be settled, if nothing else. One less thing to question maybe.
    Minerva