Thread: Baby Doe

Baby Doe

This story is just heartbreaking, reminds me of the boy in the box. Hopefully they will be able to put a name to her very soon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33481283

I hope so too. I've been reading about it at Websleuths. I can't take that board for long though because some of the theories are so far flung and it goes so fast that people don't read and keep posting the same things.

IMO she was placed there, rather than washed up from the water. Though I guess it could be either way. If she was in the water it wasn't for long. I'm guessing it was possibly an accidental death and for whatever reason the parent or parents did not feel they could go to the authorities or a hospital. Maybe they were afraid they would be blamed, maybe they were here illegally and didn't want to get caught, or some other reason. If they didn't have a lot of extended family it's possible no one else realizes she's missing. She is young enough that she wouldn't have been in school or have school friends whose parents wouldn't realize she had just disappeared. The fact that she doesn't match any missing person report/hasn't been reported missing makes me believe it was a parent or parents, or they would have reported her missing. It's possible if her parent(s) did do this they could have left where they were living at the same time so any neighbors who might have missed the girl would just think the whole family moved. I hope this is the case and it's not another Casey Anthony type situation.

Quote Originally Posted by spookydel View Post
    This story is just heartbreaking, reminds me of the boy in the box. Hopefully they will be able to put a name to her very soon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33481283
    So true, very sad. I hate to read these kind of things.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

AussieBec Guest
    I hope they can find out who she is very soon..soo very sad RIP little one

babyblujems Guest
    This is close to me and I've been watching it. Word is they believe she was dumped there. Being 9 months pregnant makes this case very hard to watch (damn emotions). They're hoping she'll be recognized by a family friend or a preschool teacher.

I can't believe they still haven't identified her. I hope they do eventually. Seems like if someone hasn't recognized her by now, they might not, though. Family may have moved and family friends don't realize the girl isn't around. Might not have been in preschool yet, since they don't know her exact age she might have been going into preschool this coming school year. I have only seen it on the internet but heard locally it is all over the news. So you would think people in the area would have ID'd her. Pretty much has to be a caretaker/parent responsible since there is no matching missing person's report though. Those are the ones who would definitely know she was missing and report it, unless they were involved. Sad.

Baby Doe has been identified as Bella Bond, her mother Rachelle Bond and Rachelle's boyfriend Michael McCarthy have been arrest, he for the murder and the mother for accessory after the fact. It's turning out to be a rather sordid tale. The poor girl didn't have much of a chance. Google their names to see their pictures and read the stories. Mom has had busts for prostitution and drugs (including possession of a syringe) and has two other children ) now ages 12 and 17) who were both permanently removed from her care by DFS, her parental rights terminated. DFS had opened but subsequently closed 2 cases on Bella as well.

There is another guy on her former FB page she referred to as "hubby" back at Christmas time. He was just her boyfriend, but not the current one. He is a grave digger who had been charged with removing body parts, using one girl's skull as a bong or an ashtray, killing his (then/different) girlfriend's dog with a rock, and something else, drug charges I think. At least she got rid of him, but unfortunately she got together with this guy who killed her daughter. According to reports, Rachelle has told investigators that Michael punched Bella in the stomach (I've heard repeatedly), but who knows if she's lying. There will be a deposition or something on Monday where they will be releasing more information about how she died. Then mom helped cover it up, probably so she wouldn't lose welfare benefits and to avoid getting in trouble. They posted her house and a commenter stated the place she lives is the projects, but Boston has some really nice looking projects. McCarthy is currently in the hospital detoxing from heroin (and an abscess on his arm from shooting up) and seeking drug treatment. She doesn't seem to have a very good thought process about anything, does she?
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 09-19-2015 at 10:29 AM.

Jesus, that poor kid. I don't understand how anyone can choose a boyfriend over their own flesh and blood.

And DFS had two cases opened, but then closed them with no action, WTF? You would think after losing custody of the first two kids they'd really be on her ass if she had anymore.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

I agree. You'd think they'd have some kind of high priority list, and someone who they had to investigate twice after already having her first two kids permanently removed would be on that. I know DCS or DFS or whatever it's called there searched their open cases to find a match for Baby Doe but nothing came up since her cases had been closed out. Both were reports of neglect, btw.

Rachelle's mother, Bella's grandmother, who has custody of one of the older kids, didn't even know about Bella. She has been estranged from her family for something like 14 years, which I probably explains why the other child was adopted to a non-related family. It also sounds like she had men in and out of her life, and no one really around long enough to realize that Bella was missing. Those who did notice (a few neighbors) either assumed or asked the mother and got the answer that she was taken by DCS which satisfied their curiosity based on her history.

New reports are now stating the Bella may have been in a freezer or refrigerator for a month before they dropped her body on Deer Island. Also, it's been reported the boyfriend beat the girl because he thought she was possessed by demons. Sounds like some crazy drug induced paranoia. I'm really interested to see what comes out at their court appearance on Monday. This mother is a total piece of shit, I hope they are able to get her on more than just the accessory after the fact charge.

I know a tip led them to the mother and her boyfriend but I've heard different stories on just what happened. A few have stated that the mother said something about Baby Doe being Bella or that Bella was dead, and that's what prompted the person to call in the tip with her name.

navallint Guest
    Bless her heart. RIP
    Knowing how a lot of children ( and animals ) suffers eats me up. Can't watch those vids. This is so senseless and selfish. Thousands of good people want children and can't have them.

Oh my. Horrible. Poor baby. She had no chance. Just breaks my heart.....may she rest in peace.

The bio dad is just another POS loser like the rest of these assholes. He never met Bella but knew full well the mom was scum yet mustered the "strength" for his photo op at Deer Island with a bible "grieving". His parents? Disgusting.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...dMore#comments

Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    The bio dad is just another POS loser like the rest of these assholes. He never met Bella but knew full well the mom was scum yet mustered the "strength" for his photo op at Deer Island with a bible "grieving". His parents? Disgusting.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...dMore#comments
    yes!
    and where were you fucking asshole????!@ i want to know why YOU didn't notice she was gone. these fuckers, I really hope there is a hell waiting for them!

Well he didn't know she was gone because he never met her. But of course now he's getting his time in the spotlight. Even more sickening is that he supposedly spent time with the mother recently and she told him what happened but he didn't report it, it was someone else. If he truly cared about this girl he would have called the police right away when he found out what had happened. Asshole.

Rest in Heaven young lady! This is so sad. How horrible her life must have been. It appears to me that DPS slacked badly (that's putting it mildly) for this child.
    Their is a special place in hell for the lady that give birth to her (will not call her a mother) and the assmunch that killed her. As well as the father that is trying
    to act like he gave a shit at any point in this young ladies life.

Rachelle is 40, yeah, you shouldn't have a brain in your head by then.

https://gma.yahoo.com/baby-doe-case-...opstories.html
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Professional Thread-Killer

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Well he didn't know she was gone because he never met her. But of course now he's getting his time in the spotlight. Even more sickening is that he supposedly spent time with the mother recently and she told him what happened but he didn't report it, it was someone else. If he truly cared about this girl he would have called the police right away when he found out what had happened. Asshole.

Exactly, AB. Not calling the second she told him should be criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    yes!
    and where were you fucking asshole????!@ i want to know why YOU didn't notice she was gone. these fuckers, I really hope there is a hell waiting for them!
    I came here to say the same thing. That picture of him looking off in the distance as though he's grieving.... oh come ON!

I, for one, think the artist's rendering of what Bella looked was an AMAZING likeness! He discredits her, though, when he says it "didn't really resemble her..." How in Hell would HE know? He's never even seen her, and it was his child!
    Just so it's understood, he had no problems banging Bella's mom in the tent at Occupy Boston, but when he found out she was "a prostitute, into drugs" she suddenly wasn't good enough for his 8-PAGE-FELONY-RECORD-HIMSELF's ass, so what does he do, take the baby out of that potentially dangerous situation, man up, and be the father he's pretending to be?

NO! He takes the hell off and has nothing to do with not only the woman who was fine to "occupy" at the moment and doesn't even attempt to be at his own child's birth, let alone in her life ONE.SINGLE.DAY.

I need to know why anyone on this PLANET should give him an ounce of the sympathy or compassion he claims to need now? Well, I'll give him some compassion. I'll give him every bit of compassion he gave to that little girl as somebody was stomping her to death! I have zero doubt that some of those on this board cried more tears for that baby -- a child they'd never known and certainly not fathered -- than he ever did!

And I'll tell you something else: I'd be ASHAMED to go public with the fact that as long as long as that artist's rendering of that little girl's face was displayed all over the planet, I couldn't even recognize her as my own child! I would absolutely lose my shit with the guilt, with the "God,what have I done?" -- with the disgust I'd have for myself for having missed out on a child as perfect and beautiful as was little Bella.

May Karma give him all the compassion and love his own daughter received the day of her death.... tenfold and Godspeed.

**PS: Hey guys, good to see you, I'm hanging in here. And sorry for the rant, but I had to direct that someplace or honest to God I think I would've exploded with anger. My job here is done. (TJ)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

Good to see you too TJ!

Yes, he sounds like an awful dumbass claiming the picture looked just like her and chastising others who didn't call it in when he had never even met her.. Hello???
    Then he says he went to FL to "take care of something" and was now coming back for his little girl. BS.

More information has come out that she was also locked in a closet at time while they listened to her cry. Also, the girls Godmother (who was the one dragged out of the court proceedings yesterday telling Rachelle she should rot in hell and asking how could she) made a call in July saying that BD could be Bella and never heard anything back. I think she might have even made a second call as well. I can't remember her story if she had had a falling out with Rachelle or if she had questioned her and been told she had been taken by DCS, but she did try and call, according to her.

And I agree, Rachelle is fucking 40 years old. Not like she was 20 (not that that would be an excuse, but your brain isn't developed completely by then, especially the part about making rational decisions) and on drugs. She was 40 years old, on drugs, had two children taken away from her before, working as a prostitute, etc... some people never learn. I wish there had been a way to just take Bella away when she was born because she had already lost her other two kids, or at least to have watched her more closely. She obviously had no business raising a child.

I don't believe for one minute that she was held against her will by McCarthy (her excuse to why she couldn't report him killing the girl), he was "injecting heroin directly into her jugular". What a bunch of bullshit. She has so many lies going I am starting to this she is delusional, maybe partly from the drugs. Crazy bitch. I hope they throw the book at her and that piece of shit boyfriend. He looked like hell in a handbasket and I hate how they put him in a bullet proof vest, who fucking cares? Save us all the money and let someone take his ass out right now.

Also pointing to her delusion was her lawyer asking for her to be released on $250 bond. LMAO! Especially in light of the fact that they went with a MILLION DOLLAR CASH bond on her. Nice try though.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 09-22-2015 at 06:08 AM.

Bio dad Joseph Amoroso has multiple articles coming out about his grief.

“I wasn’t ready to be a father a couple of years ago. But I am ready now; unfortunately, I came a couple of months too late.”

A couple of years ago, he was almost 30 frigging years old, it's not like all involved were young teenagers.

Bella was conceived at Occupy Boston in 2011.

http://www.insideedition.com/headlin...r-you-are-done
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Bio dad Joseph Amoroso has multiple articles coming out about his grief.

“I wasn’t ready to be a father a couple of years ago. But I am ready now; unfortunately, I came a couple of months too late.”

A couple of years ago, he was almost 30 frigging years old, it's not like all involved were young teenagers.

Bella was conceived at Occupy Boston in 2011.

http://www.insideedition.com/headlin...r-you-are-done
    Right? As if you can just select a good time for you to show up AFTER the baby is born. Assholes. All of them.