Page 63 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1454616263646572 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,150 of 4984

Thread: What's for Dinner 2night?

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Momma is treating me to BLT's tonight. I'm sitting here smelling it and drooling like one of Pavlov's Dogs.
    My hubby would be, too. I texted him late one afternoon, "I'm tired tonight, we'll just have bacon and eggs for dinner." (I make my bacon in the oven and make it all at once.) He sent me back, "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....." Second text, "You had me at bacon." ROFLMAO
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Yep. Wish I could have it more often.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I was going to make tenderloin sandwiches, but I think tuna casserole will be easier for Hubby to eat. He's got an infected, abscessed tooth and is in quite a bit of pain. Thinking the noodles will be soft enough he can eat.

"I just go here!"

Hamburger and onion rings.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Taco Bell.. probably shredded chicken burritos. Maybe some cinna-twists too.

Potted meat and potato chip sammies, apple, popcicles.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Ended up with Subway and chips. Hubs called from his little drive asking if I wanted subway instead, so I humored him. We at least have left overs tomorrow

navallint Guest
    Bologna sandwich, too busy to cook

PurrPurr Guest
    Tuna sub from the nearest mom and pop pizza place. Spent most of the day writing and now too lazy to cook.

Oven-baked pork tenderloin sammiches and tater tots. Got home an hour-and-a-half early and I'm trying to have dinner done so Miss E can eat before she goes trick-or-treating with her auntie. SIL didn't tell Hubby or me what time she was coming by to get Miss E, so I'm hoping I can at least get the dinner cooked and I can send her with a sammich to-go.....

"I just go here!"

Leftover sub from last nite
    chips
    Halloween cupcakes

Peanut butter sammies, tortilla chips, popsicles, and an apple I will eat sooner of later.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Subway Roast beast.

We had pork steak with steak fries because SOMESCHMOO ate ALL of my mac-and-cheese AND mashed potatoes.

"I just go here!"

Sissy's phone was acting wonky so this is the gist of the text: (And yes she did say "Foid."

Sissy: Foid?
    Me: Yes. What are you eating?
    Sissy: I'm going to DQ
    Me: Get me a Whopper and fries.
    Sissy: Dairy Queen
    Me: Oh. Lol. Burger and fries.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Had baked chicken and potato wedges

navallint Guest
    I think we are going to Pegleg Pete's for stuffed shrimp.

PurrPurr Guest
    French bread pizza. Haven't made any in ages.

BBQ wings
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Ramen noo-noo's (noodles). Miss E had her choir concert tonight, and I was in a hurry at the store so I just grabbed a bunch of noo-noo's and called it dinner. And lunch for Schmoo, too.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Ramen noo-noo's (noodles). Miss E had her choir concert tonight, and I was in a hurry at the store so I just grabbed a bunch of noo-noo's and called it dinner. And lunch for Schmoo, too.
    I LOVE ramen, Actually preferred it a couple of nights ago instead of having a subway sub I had bought extra for us all, I had the ramen instead.

All my nieces and nephews and husband are wild about noodles. Hubs used to buy chicken flavor by the case and doctor a cup up with onions, cilantro, lime, and hot sauce. It stunk to high heaven.
    Last edited by cindyt; 11-03-2016 at 07:26 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    All my nieces and nephews and husband are wild about noodles. Hubs used to buy chicken flavor by the case and doctor a cup up with onions, cilantro, lime, and hot sauce. It stunk to high heaven.
    Hey Cindy, Our daughter would LOVE that! Only, Minus the onions.
    She loves those yakasoba noodles- (Don't know if I spelled it right)

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Hubs ate some kind of Jap noodles, but not that brand. I sent him a candy care package the second week he was in jail, and he asked me to send spicy noodles next time and always. At least I didn't have to smell them nuking. Haha.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

My kids LOVE the "noo-noo's." Usually, when I make them, I ditch the packet and add butter and tons of shredded Parmesan cheese or whatever shredded cheese I have on hand. Tonight, though, the brand I usually buy has a flavor I haven't tried yet: chicken tortilla, so I tried that. Not too bad, quite tasty. But I usually only use half of the flavor packet because they're so salty.

The ones that come in a microwaveable box? YES! I love those, too, but my grocery store stopped carrying the cheesy-flavored ones for me, and jalapeno cheesy-flavored ones for Miss E.
    Last edited by RiaBrown; 11-03-2016 at 08:32 PM.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown;1527929

[B
    The ones that come in a microwaveable box?[/B] YES! I love those, too, but my grocery store stopped carrying the cheesy-flavored ones for me, and jalapeno cheesy-flavored ones for Miss E.
    Yep. Never seen the cheesy flavor. I google the brand he had to have: Manuchan Ramon. That kinda sounds Chinese, but what do I know?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yep. Never seen the cheesy flavor. I google the brand he had to have: Manuchan Ramon. That kinda sounds Chinese, but what do I know?
    I buy Maruchan (sp????) but the Yakisoba (sp????) used to have better flavors. Cheese was my favorite, jalapeno cheese was Miss E's, the flavors had noodles similar to fettuccine noodles, but not as thick. I looked today, they had about ten flavors, but none of them were the were the cheesy ones we liked. Too bad, too, they were on sale for 88-cents. Yes, in addition to furry faces, I'm also a sucker for a deal or a damn good coupon. Got a 24-bottle case of water for 99-cents today with a coupon. Miss E was in shock: "You bought bottled water????" And then did a happy dance.

"I just go here!"

My 23-year old son recently moved back home, so I'm fixin him some Enchiladas. He needs to gain a few pounds after trying to live on his own for the last year. I think he probably drank more than he ate. LOL He's 6'5 and only weighs about 170 pounds.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Roast beef sammie, Doritos, apple, popsicle.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Nothing. Hubby is taking his mom out to dinner, L'IL Bit and I aren't hungry. I had a super late lunch and her after school snack ended up being a full meal. NO clue what Schmoo is up to, he usually sleeps late and eats late.

"I just go here!"

Well, Suppose to be an anniversary type dinner, But of course it had to be the husbands way or no way. His choice of a restaurant even tho I wanted to try something different...But it was the usual boring chinese. Takeout...
    I had the usual orange chicken-- hmm. Blah
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 11-04-2016 at 07:30 PM.

Well, Suppose to be an anniversary type dinner, But of course it had to be the husbands way or no way. His choice of a restaurant even tho I wanted to try something different...But it was the usual boring chinese. Takeout...
    I had the usual orange chicken-- hmm. Blah
    Better than what my husband did on our first anniversary. Two or three weeks before he wanted us to have a candlelight dinner. The day came and he said nothing about it and there was no special food in the house. But i scraped up enough money to buy tapers for my candlesticks and waited for him to mention a trip to the grocery store. He never said word one. So I ate potted meat and potato sandwiches and seethed with every bite. If it hadn't been our very first anni I probably wouldn't have cared, but this one should have been special. It still fries my grits all these years later. But he just was not a sentimental man, to say the least.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Rotisserie chicken, mixed veggies and a dinner roll. Later on had 2 scoops of peppermint ice cream.

I ate a late lunch yesterday and wasn't hungry at dinner.

Tonight I'll probably have a roast beef sammie, Doritos, an apple, a popsicle. I want turkey, but I need to eat the beef first because it'll will be out of my due date (week in fridge)--well, shoot, that's today. I'll have to toss the rest of it out after I make my sammie tonight.
    Last edited by cindyt; 11-05-2016 at 12:40 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Better than what my husband did on our first anniversary. Two or three weeks before he wanted us to have a candlelight dinner. The day came and he said nothing about it and there was no special food in the house. But i scraped up enough money to buy tapers for my candlesticks and waited for him to mention a trip to the grocery store. He never said word one. So I ate potted meat and potato sandwiches and seethed with every bite. If it hadn't been our very first anni I probably wouldn't have cared, but this one should have been special. It still fries my grits all these years later. But he just was not a sentimental man, to say the least.
    Hi Cindy, Yes I guess I shouldn't be kvetching, It was basically a nice sentiment-
    I guess I let other issues cloud my opinion of the whole thing....Maybe being sensitive to old wounds of how my husband for many years was like what you mentioned, He'd make promises and then...nothing...
    Coupled with him wanting everything his way does not help...
    I'm so sorry your very first anniversary went that way..It doesn't seem fair or even right.
    Why are some men (mine included) so oblivious to things that should matter to them?
    I guess I still just don't get it, even after all these decades.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 11-05-2016 at 09:07 AM.

Tonight we're having spicy teriyaki chicken rice bowls with black beans, Monterey jack cheese and corn, along with boiled shrimp and queso and chips. Boiled shrimp will be separate of course--just have had a craving big time.
    Minerva

Hi Cindy, Yes I guess I shouldn't be kvetching, It was basically a nice sentiment-
    I guess I let other issues cloud my opinion of the whole thing....Maybe being sensitive to old wounds of how my husband for many years was like what you mentioned, He'd make promises and then...nothing...
    Coupled with him wanting everything his way does not help...
    I'm so sorry your very first anniversary went that way..It doesn't seem fair or even right.
    Why are some men (mine included) so oblivious to things that should matter to them?
    I guess I still just don't get it, even after all these decades.
    My husband warned me while we were still dating that he had to have control. Looking back I realize I should have run for my life, but he wasn't mean or obsessive about it. He let me live my life free and easy, but he controlled all decisions, including stupid stuff like the color decor had to be hunter green. And when I first moved in with him he would not allow a garbage can in the house. He didn't want a bunch of big bags in the outside cans. o_O So he hung a plastic grocery bag off the window and we had a bunch of little bags in the outside cans. O_O So I put one in the bathroom. And it wasn't long after he bought one for the kitchen and we had a bunch of medium bags in the outside can. SMH
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

navallint Guest
    For my 1st anniversary, the ex bought me a vacuum cleaner. Mr Romantic.

A bowl of Cheerios.

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post

A bowl of Cheerios.
    Ugh, What is in their heads? Would they like it if we did the same thing to them? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post

A bowl of Cheerios.
    I never got an anniversary gift in all the years we were married. I finally got a dinner one year but not on the day. Ditto Christmas and Birthday gifts. He never did anything on the day it fell on. And it wasn't because he couldn't remember. It's just the way he was.

Ugh, What is in their heads? Would they like it if we did the same thing to them? Probably not.
    Don't be surprised if you see me using this gif, girlie.

Probably a turkey sammie, which I will be eating a lot of this week. I told Sissy to buy 1/2 pound but she came back with 1.2. Either she misread my list or the Wally woman misheard. At least it's good. Haha.
    Last edited by cindyt; 11-06-2016 at 11:34 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Steaks and twice baked potatoes and some sort of steamed veg.
    Minerva

I never got an anniversary gift in all the years we were married. I finally got a dinner one year but not on the day. Ditto Christmas and Birthday gifts. He never did anything on the day it fell on. And it wasn't because he couldn't remember. It's just the way he was.

Don't be surprised if you see me using this gif, girlie.

Hi Cindy, You are welcomed to use any gif/image I put up here...I'd be honored.

Hi Cindy, You are welcomed to use any gif/image I put up here...I'd be honored.
    Thank you!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Baked tilapia, Cajun rice, broccoli, and corn. Or green beans, if I have any. Hubby doesn't like broccoli, but the kids and I do, so I make it sometimes with an alternative for Hubby.

"I just go here!"

Thank you!
    You are very welcome

Eh, I'm having chili.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Not a huge fan of chili over here, not unless there's a hot dog or macaroni underneath and TONS of cheese on top.

"I just go here!"

Not a huge fan of chili over here, not unless there's a hot dog or macaroni underneath and TONS of cheese on top.
    Mine is canned, because 1) I don't like to sit down there all by myself waiting for something to cook and 2) I hate cleaning up.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Chicken, mixed veggie medley (with a lil pat of butter) and a roll.

Mine is canned, because 1) I don't like to sit down there all by myself waiting for something to cook and 2) I hate cleaning up.
    Hey Cindy, Yep, I include "canned chili" in my homemade chili- If I'm eating that day, I cannot include chili w/beans becuz my disgusting Old body cannot take canned beans, then I may explode! Lol.
    However. On the upside- The family loves my chili....I just cannot eat it.

Tonight? A couple of crackers w/cheese.