Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Father Tosses Five-Year-Old Off Bridge

Father Tosses Five-Year-Old Off Bridge

What...the...fuck?????? What the fuck possessed this man to throw an innocent child like that???????

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/08/us/flo...ter/index.html
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

ozzysmom Guest
    This happened where I live. I'm so flipping pissed off right now! How, HOW, can a father do that to his little 5 year old daughter!? Next, he will plead not guilty due to reasons of insanity! They should throw his piece of shit ass off the Skyway too!!!

evilwitchgrrrl Guest
    I dont know if reasons of insanity is or isn't the case, but whether that dude is nuts or not, he's a fuckin asshole.
    Reading this made me wanna burn him at the stake, seriously. Also, what about the girls mother? Was she in the picture at all?
    Was she ok with him throwing her daughter of a bridge into a fuckin river? Unbelievable.

ozzysmom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by evilwitchgrrrl View Post
    I dont know if reasons of insanity is or isn't the case, but whether that dude is nuts or not, he's a fuckin asshole.
    Reading this made me wanna burn him at the stake, seriously. Also, what about the girls mother? Was she in the picture at all?
    Was she ok with him throwing her daughter of a bridge into a fuckin river? Unbelievable.

This wasn't a bridge over a river. This is a bridge over the entrance to Tampa Bay which flows out into the Gulf of Mexico. I'm surprised they were able to find her. This bridge is a smaller bridge leading up to the Sunshine Skyway bridge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skyway0010_dick_misener_bridge.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	52198Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skyway0002_maximo_plus_bridge.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	237.3 KB 
ID:	52199Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunshine-skyway-bridge.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	52200

The first 2 pics are the Dick Misener Bridge (the bridge he threw her off of). Which leads to the Sunshine Skyway (3rd pic)
    There are a lot of suicides on the Skyway.

Here are pictures of little Phoebe
    http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/2...way?debug=true

May God bless her and keep her close to him.....
    Last edited by ozzysmom; 01-08-2015 at 06:05 AM.

endsleigh03 Guest
    This is horrible. Why???

ozzysmom Guest
    I wonder if she was already dead and the father was disposing of her body.... This whole thing is just making me sick to my stomach

Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    This wasn't a bridge over a river. This is a bridge over the entrance to Tampa Bay which flows out into the Gulf of Mexico. I'm surprised they were able to find her. This bridge is a smaller bridge leading up to the Sunshine Skyway bridge.

The first 2 pics are the Dick Misener Bridge (the bridge he threw her off of). Which leads to the Sunshine Skyway (3rd pic)

Thank god they did find her.

This is the second time in the last few months that a parent has thrown their child off a bridge. From what I remember. as a mother did it to her son as well.

I wonder what the motive is even though there could never be any reasonable excuse for doing what he did. As Ozzysmom has said, you wonder if she was already dead before he threw her off - maybe it was a punishment gone too far and realizing what he had done, tried to get rid of the evidence?

What is wrong with this man??????
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Omg... That is sick

ozzysmom Guest
    http://www.baynews9.com/content/news..._girl_5_d.html

The latest from our local news..... The jail that he's sitting in is, literally, 5 minutes from my house. I may start going to his hearings. Not happy at all that our great state of Florida will be footing the bill for this poor excuse of a human. He did this right in front of a cop, so I'm sure there is dashboard camera video of it. Video proof = Automatically Guilty = Take him to the top of the Sunshine Skyway bridge, fit him for concrete boots and throw his ass over. He is a waste of oxygen at this point.

That poor little girl! It was cold and windy last night! That water, you know, is cold too! Such a shame.

evilwitchgrrrl Guest

That clarifies things, thanks a lot ozzysmum. It seems logical for a bridge like that to be a suicide hotspot, it looks very suicide-able, so to say.
    I hope the girl was dead already when he threw her off the bridge but the police officer who saw it all was very positive that the girl was still alive I think.

Horrible tragedy. ozzysmum, if you go to the hearings I'd be very interested what that scumbag has to say.

Mammy Guest
    I've been pissed off all day after hearing about what that bastard did to his beautiful baby girl. She is the same age as my only granddaughter. She wasn't dead before he tossed her in the water, a cop heard her screaming on the way down. I read that he was awarded custody of her instead of her mother. If he was the better choice, it sure makes me wonder what the mother must be like. That fucking bastard deserves the death penalty and Florida actually uses it unlike some other states. It makes me sick to think about what must have been going through that little girl's mind right before she died. It's just unimaginable. She was absolutely beautiful.

Poor baby. I am usually pretty tough but I am just in tears.

ozzysmom Guest
    Oh yes, Florida WILL execute people, no doubt. Unfortunately is takes and average of 15 to 20 years to execute the sentence. If there is dashboard camera video of this, he is toast. The thing that has really stuck with me is that my son is also 25, same age at the piece of shit father who did this. My son is not a father but even if he was, I can never imagine my son doing this. According to reports, the father had custody and lived with his parents. I would really like to hear what his parents have to say about this. I'm sure there is a much bigger story that will come out as a result of this horrible MURDER.

Mammy Guest
    Oh yes, Florida WILL execute people, no doubt. Unfortunately is takes and average of 15 to 20 years to execute the sentence. If there is dashboard camera video of this, he is toast. The thing that has really stuck with me is that my son is also 25, same age at the piece of shit father who did this. My son is not a father but even if he was, I can never imagine my son doing this. According to reports, the father had custody and lived with his parents. I would really like to hear what his parents have to say about this. I'm sure there is a much bigger story that will come out as a result of this horrible MURDER.
    Yeah, it takes entirely too long, but they eventually get executed. I was so glad when they finally juiced Oba Chandler. One of the father's childhood friends said she had never seen him be physically abusive toward the little girl, but he yelled at her a lot and locked her in her room. It doesn't sound like she had a very peaceful, happy life.

ozzysmom Guest
    Oba Chandler was a truly evil man. All that happened here. They were pretty quick to execute him. Even Ted Bundy lasted longer than Oba.
    I've heard reports that the father, during a shrink appointment, concerned her enough to call authorities about him. They are reportedly to have
    said that they subject (the father) didn't warrant being Baker Acted. (The Baker Act in Florida is a 72 hour mandatory hold for mentally unstable people)
    From what I've "heard" Phoebe was dead within 12 hours of the doctor reporting her concerns to authorities......Story fast developing down here......

This is the father's arrest from 2008
    http://www.pcsoweb.com/InmateBooking...spx?id=1304393

This is the father's arrest this morning for the murder of Phoebe.
    http://www.pcsoweb.com/InmateBooking...spx?id=1621253

This is his parents house where he (according to reports) lived with Phoebe
    https://www.google.com/maps/@27.9789...8oiE_mM5Lw!2e0
    Last edited by ozzysmom; 01-08-2015 at 03:32 PM. Reason: add links

Mammy Guest
    Oba Chandler was a truly evil man. All that happened here. They were pretty quick to execute him. Even Ted Bundy lasted longer than Oba.
    I've heard reports that the father, during a shrink appointment, concerned her enough to call authorities about him. They are reportedly to have
    said that they subject (the father) didn't warrant being Baker Acted. (The Baker Act in Florida is a 72 hour mandatory hold for mentally unstable people)
    From what I've "heard" Phoebe was dead within 12 hours of the doctor reporting her concerns to authorities......Story fast developing down here......
    There's no telling what else will be revealed about this case in the future. It's bad enough that he killed her, but why did he have to do it in such horrible, torturous way? One article I read said she was terrified of water. I think he'll try to pass himself off as insane, but I think he's just evil.

19. 01-08-2015, 03:30 PM

ozzysmom Guest
    evil and insane sometimes go hand in hand.

Mammy Guest
    evil and insane sometimes go hand in hand.
    I'm wondering if the motive wasn't revenge? He's had several domestic abuse charges against him the past few years and he had recently tried to file domestic abuse charges against the little girl's mother. I think he killed her to spite someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I'm wondering if the motive wasn't revenge? He's had several domestic abuse charges against him the past few years and he had recently tried to file domestic abuse charges against the little girl's mother. I think he killed her to spite someone else.
    I think revenge was exactly why he did this. He fights for custody and immediately upon winning it, murders her? This was all about the mother. I think Florida will know how to handle this.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Horrible!! Poor little girl.

I also feel sorry for that poor cop. You could never predict something like that. I read that he climbed down or raced down to try and save her. Can you imagine what was going through his mind??

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I think revenge was exactly why he did this. He fights for custody and immediately upon winning it, murders her? This was all about the mother. I think Florida will know how to handle this.
    Yeah, this whole thing reeks of "I don't want her, but you're not getting her either." My God, I can't imagine how the grandparents feel, especially his parents who must be just horrified. I feel bad for the cop, too. He'll never be able to get that out of his mind.

ozzysmom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post
    Horrible!! Poor little girl.

I also feel sorry for that poor cop. You could never predict something like that. I read that he climbed down or raced down to try and save her. Can you imagine what was going through his mind??

I cannot even begin to imagine the horror that must be replaying in that officers mind. HORRIFIC is the only word to describe it. He apparently climbed down the side of the bridge trying to find her. The father just DROVE OFF!!!!!

There is a reason that I could never be a police officer. As soon as that angel went over the edge, I would have shot that father, slowly, starting at his kneecaps and work my way up! Thankfully the officer didn't do that and looked for that angel instead.

It looks like that very weird looking guy and this lady need to get together and commit Seppuku.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/04/us/ore...ild/index.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

ozzysmom Guest
    http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/local...idge/21430139/
    His first court appearance. He could obviously care less and is shooting for an insanity defense!! God, I'm so pissed off right now! An old school posse is needed!

Biter Guest
    The police evidently had a warning about his behavior.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/09/us...-bay.html?_r=0

Let's hope they do, and fast. Hang the bastard !

This is the mother. I wonder why, after his priors for domestic violence, was he awarded custody of Phoebe? To me, she doesn't look too bright, according to the article, she had problems with alcohol, and was diagnosed with MS, but would an illness be a reason to put a kid in the care of a known nutjob in the state of Florida? People need to start suing CPS for these mistakes, IMHO.
    http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/2...nchucks-mother

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    This is the mother. I wonder why, after his priors for domestic violence, was he awarded custody of Phoebe? To me, she doesn't look too bright, according to the article, she had problems with alcohol, and was diagnosed with MS, but would an illness be a reason to put a kid in the care of a known nutjob in the state of Florida? People need to start suing CPS for these mistakes, IMHO.
    http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/2...nchucks-mother
    Oh, bullshit! If she wanted custody of her, she would have had her. It's hard as hell to get custody away from the mother unless she just didn't want her. Disease or not, if she knew he was unstable, there was no excuse for leaving the little girl there. IMO, she was perfectly fine with the custody arrangement until he killed the little girl and now she's just making excuses to try to make herself look better. That poor little girl never stood a chance with those two idiots for parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Let's hope they do, and fast. Hang the bastard !
    Agreed. No matter what, there is no excuse for throwing that precious baby off the bridge like that.

"I just go here!"

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Agreed. No matter what, there is no excuse for throwing that precious baby off the bridge like that.
    Especially since the articles said she hated baths because she was scared of water. That makes it even more evil how he chose to kill her.

Especially since the articles said she hated baths because she was scared of water. That makes it even more evil how he chose to kill her.
    Exactly. The articles I've read said she feared water. That poor little baby. :'(

"I just go here!"

35. 01-09-2015, 10:57 PM

36. 01-09-2015, 11:23 PM

Mammy Guest
    This article tells what kind of life that baby girl endured. She was raised around drugs, domestic violence, neglect, and only God knows what else. She never stood a chance. Geez how long until her skanky mother files a lawsuit against CPS or some other agency for her daughter's wrongful death? It will happen, I have no doubt.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...rsburg/2213125

It sure doesn't sound like the father's parents will be supportive of him and make excuses for what he did.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ays-angel.html

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news..._girl_5_d.html

The latest from our local news..... The jail that he's sitting in is, literally, 5 minutes from my house. I may start going to his hearings. Not happy at all that our great state of Florida will be footing the bill for this poor excuse of a human. He did this right in front of a cop, so I'm sure there is dashboard camera video of it. Video proof = Automatically Guilty = Take him to the top of the Sunshine Skyway bridge, fit him for concrete boots and throw his ass over. He is a waste of oxygen at this point.
    Oh.....Ozzysmom, you are so close to where all of this happened. I am on the other side of Florida. I am just sickened by the way that some children are treated. It seems as if we are getting more and more nuttier parents. In this case, the parents only needed to be a sperm donor and a woman who got pregnant. To me, these two people were not the definition of parents. They were the definition of two people who just happened to have kids together. Cockroaches can do that. God Bless that little girl.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

weirdgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by evilwitchgrrrl View Post
    That clarifies things, thanks a lot ozzysmum. It seems logical for a bridge like that to be a suicide hotspot, it looks very suicide-able, so to say.
    I hope the girl was dead already when he threw her off the bridge but the police officer who saw it all was very positive that the girl was still alive I think.

Horrible tragedy. ozzysmum, if you go to the hearings I'd be very interested what that scumbag has to say.
    I also live in the Tampa Bay Area. You are correct in saying that the bridge is a "suicide hotspot". There is even a website discussing the suicides and where drivers can comment on things they have seen driving by. It is not a very sympathetic or respectful site. I have driven the bridge and seen police on the side of the road. At times, you see empty cars as well. I always hope that they belong to people who have just run out of gas.
    Last edited by weirdgurl; 01-10-2015 at 07:58 AM.

Poor little angel, didn't ask to be born into that life, Stories like this always make me question my faith.

ozzysmom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdgurl View Post
    I also live in the Tampa Bay Area. You are correct in saying that the bridge is a "suicide hotspot". There is even a website discussing the suicides and where drivers can comment on things they have seen driving by. It is not a very sympathetic or respectful site. I have driven the bridge and seen police on the side of the road. At times, you see empty cars as well. I always hope that they belong to people who have just run out of gas.
    Never like seeing an empty car on that bridge either

.....and they have confirmed that she WAS alive when he threw her off the bridge....... heartbreaking

Oh, bullshit! If she wanted custody of her, she would have had her. It's hard as hell to get custody away from the mother unless she just didn't want her. Disease or not, if she knew he was unstable, there was no excuse for leaving the little girl there. IMO, she was perfectly fine with the custody arrangement until he killed the little girl and now she's just making excuses to try to make herself look better. That poor little girl never stood a chance with those two idiots for parents.
    I am trying to give the mom the benefit of a doubt, with the claims of illness and alcoholism. But before I read further and discovered her claims, I was actually wondering if drugs were involved. In other words, I didn't want to say too much until reading further about her. She looks like a tweeker!
    Last edited by Squishy; 01-10-2015 at 11:56 PM.

ozzysmom Guest
    http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/local...oebe/21737921/

They want to rename the bridge she was thrown from......

The Sunshine Skyway does have a sad history. It was the site of many deaths in 1980.

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/local...oebe/21737921/

They want to rename the bridge she was thrown from......
    I think that is sweet. But personally, I just would have named it "Phoebe's Bridge," because IMO to add "Jonchuck" would also honor the scum sucking twisted fuck who threw her off the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    The Sunshine Skyway does have a sad history. It was the site of many deaths in 1980.
    I Google Earth'd the Sunshine Skyway Bridge out of curiosity. There are red phone boxes every so often with offers of 24/7 counseling.

"I just go here!"

Bidmor Guest
    Once this demonic guy gets executed, he meets Jesus with Phoebe sitting on His lap. Jesus says "Take a good long look. Your murdered one of my children. Phoebe stays with me for eternity. She doesn't know who you are. I've taken that memory from her. You, on the other hand, are sentenced to replay endlessly you dropping her into the water before your eyes, for eternity. Down."

Mammy Guest
    That's where the first body of the Rogers women murdered by Oba Chandler was discovered when a sailboat going under the Sunshine Skyway bridge passed by and the passengers saw the body floating.

The Sunshine Skyway is actually a very nice looking bridge. It really masks the tragedies behind it. On May 9, 1980, a freighter hit the bridge and part of the bridge collapsed into the water. 35 people were killed in the accident, many of them on a greyhound bus.

AussieBec Guest
    This just makes me so sad that poor baby girl never stood a chance

Mammy Guest
    The Sunshine Skyway is actually a very nice looking bridge. It really masks the tragedies behind it. On May 9, 1980, a freighter hit the bridge and part of the bridge collapsed into the water. 35 people were killed in the accident, many of them on a greyhound bus.
    Wow, I had forgotten all about that tragedy. Just the thought of dying like that is terrifying.

AussieBec, I thought the same thing. She was a beautiful little girl, the very same age as my only granddaughter. There are so many people in the world who will grieve the loss of a child until their dying day yet there are other people savagely murdering their own children. It's bad enough that he killed her, why did he choose such a horrible way to do it knowing she was scared of water?

Its just completely unnatural, isn't it? I mean from the time we become pregnant with our children we love them and feel the need to protect them. Once they're born, its natural to step in front of a speeding train or face off with a grizzly bear to protect our children. I think that's why we're all so shocked and freaked out when something like this happens. I think as people, its natural to try and put ourselves in other's situations and with something like this, its absolutely impossible to begin to think like the monster who tossed this baby into the water.
    Minerva

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    Its just completely unnatural, isn't it? I mean from the time we become pregnant with our children we love them and feel the need to protect them. Once they're born, its natural to step in front of a speeding train or face off with a grizzly bear to protect our children. I think that's why we're all so shocked and freaked out when something like this happens. I think as people, its natural to try and put ourselves in other's situations and with something like this, its absolutely impossible to begin to think like the monster who tossed this baby into the water.
    It really is unnatural. He probably knew he could have offed himself and nobody would have much gave a shit, but killing that poor little girl ruined a lot of people's lives. I definitely feel like he did it for revenge toward someone.

It really is unnatural. He probably knew he could have offed himself and nobody would have much gave a shit, but killing that poor little girl ruined a lot of people's lives. I definitely feel like he did it for revenge toward someone.
    The little girl's mother, no doubt. She doesn't seem like a picnic herself. I have faith in the judicial system in Florida. Hopefully they will put his light out.
    Minerva