Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 615

Thread: Madonna

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,768
    She needs to retire already.I quite frankly am sick of her and she needs toget her daughters eyebrows waxed.For Gods sake the kid looks like Bert.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wichita Falls,TX
    Posts
    4,326
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    She needs to retire already.I quite frankly am sick of her and she needs toget her daughters eyebrows waxed.For Gods sake the kid looks like Bert.
    Glad I'm not the only one that thinks she needs some electrolysis.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    She needs to retire already.I quite frankly am sick of her and she needs toget her daughters eyebrows waxed.For Gods sake the kid looks like Bert.
    Oh my, that is hee haw funny! I would truly like to bathe that little girl in Nair or Veet, she is a furry little thing. I don't care for Madonna, or her music. Never was a big fan, even in the early years of her career.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,768
    Yeah, you would think with her money she would get little Lourdes a good waxing and fix the gap.I never did like Madonna's gap tooth either.Stick a chicklet up their or something.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Voodoo View Post
    I loved her when she was a rebel, bucking the system and going against the boy's club to do things her way. Now she's a sold-out has been, and her music stinks now too.
    Definitely with you here bayou and aries. I was never a huge fan in the early years but I could tolerate some of her music. Absolutely cannot stand her now in any way, shape, or form.

    Somebody earlier on this page said something about Gwenyth Paltrow telling Madonna to STFU, which is funny, but, GP is another one I completely dislike. She is just like Madonna when it comes to her attitude about the US. She is an American mind you, but, America is just beneath her. She prefers to spend more time in Europe because we are not cultured enough for her. She said her fellow Americans are too close-minded and she is more of an "international" person. Pardon me while I vomit...........

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,776
    I loved Madonna back when she first hit. She was a Michigan girl who made it. Now, I think she's a huge poseur, her music sucks and she's become the poster child of celebrity whoredom.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    I don't think she is out there trying to be liked these days... she made her money and her place in history. If she really wanted to make a comeback she would because she knows how to.


  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I don't think she is out there trying to be liked these days... she made her money and her place in history. If she really wanted to make a comeback she would because she knows how to.
    I totally agree.

    And I like her gap in her teeth. My daughter has one too.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I totally agree.

    And I like her gap in her teeth. My daughter has one too.
    yeah, just goes to show she had to have talent to have the gap overlooked, and she never bothered having it fixed... I like that.


  10. #160
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,747
    I with Aries, I loved her stuff in the 80s and early 90s, after Like a Prayer, it was over. I don't know why, I just stopped liking her music and the stuff in the 80s is ok, but I don't like it like I used to. She was likeable as the rogue "virgin whore" but today she's just dull and too much like your average superstar. The phony British accent is laughable.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    She's old... she isn't going to be like todays pop stars nor is she going to be what she was 25 years ago.
    Last edited by Jason; 03-11-2008 at 09:43 AM.


  12. #162
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,768
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDeathHag View Post
    I with Aries, I loved her stuff in the 80s and early 90s, after Like a Prayer, it was over. I don't know why, I just stopped liking her music and the stuff in the 80s is ok, but I don't like it like I used to. She was likeable as the rogue "virgin whore" but today she's just dull and too much like your average superstar. The phony British accent is laughable.
    I totally agree.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    yeah, just goes to show she had to have talent to have the gap overlooked, and she never bothered having it fixed... I like that.
    Me too!

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,422
    I'm surprised there haven't been any gay guys jumping into the thread to defend her?

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    541
    madonna was cool back when she first came out...

    She is an icon because of how much music she put out and how many people enjoyed it.

    Present day...eh, I'll pass.

    "Hi"

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    thatta way ---->
    Posts
    5,979
    Madonna was alright when I was a kid but, I've always liked Cyndi Lauper. *leaves room*
    ♥♥♥

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    Quote Originally Posted by cynnbox View Post
    madonna was cool back when she first came out...

    She is an icon because of how much music she put out and how many people enjoyed it.

    Present day...eh, I'll pass.
    she is an icon more for how she helped change the music industry for women in general... putting out a lot of music was her job but doesn't automatically put you in the rock n roll hall of fame. I don't know shit about her today and to be honest am not much of a fan but she is a legend right up there with David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Elton John... something Brittney Spears will never be able to say.

    Just curious, is Madonna putting out new music and such these days? when artists have been around for so long they tend to just ride out their hits and just go on tour forever... is that what she is doing?

    anyway, she'll maintain her true fans as she has nothing more to prove I bet... she is probably in that place where there really isn't anywhere else to go, she already made it to the top.
    Last edited by Jason; 03-11-2008 at 10:04 AM.


  18. #168
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    420
    Madonna reminds me of cod liver oil.
    You were born with an asshole, Doris! You don't need Chuck!

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458


    Yeah I see the resemblance.


  20. #170
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,607
    I still like Madonna.........she's just mellowed with age, like a good bottle of whisky/wine. I'm not a fan of her personnel life, it all seems a tad desperate to be liked and to 'fit in' with other celebs

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    420
    You can see more of a resemblance in this picture.

    You were born with an asshole, Doris! You don't need Chuck!

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    Madonna was alright when I was a kid but, I've always liked Cyndi Lauper. *leaves room*

    Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and She-Bop still rock it and are on my gym ipod. And as someone else mentioned, I feel like Def Leppard and Bon Jovi really aged well, those songs like Pour Some Sugar On Me and Photograph and Livin' on a Prayer still are great and I listen to them a lot too, they have withstood the test of time. The only Madonna songs from that era I still listen to are Dress You Up, Borderline, and the Desperately Seeking Susan song. I don't like Material Girl or Like a Virgin anymore and I skip over Like A Prayer on my ipod now. I just don't think it was great music in retrospect.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,747
    I do have to temper the above with the disclosure that Barbie Girl is one of my top favorite songs.

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    Quote Originally Posted by itsintheeyes View Post
    You can see more of a resemblance in this picture.

    is that her now? damn she's still sexy... I think there's a lot of haters in this room

    I actually like Cyndi Lauper... she has some set a pipes on her.


  25. #175
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    is that her now? damn she's still sexy... I think there's a lot of haters in this room

    I actually like Cyndi Lauper... she has some set a pipes on her.
    I don't think anyone is saying she doesn't have a killer body. She does, and from someone like me who works out all the time, that body comes from training her ass off, not plastic surgery, you can't fake that body and get there with shortcuts. Her face looks good too, she has had obvious work done, but it's been nice and subtle. She is physical perfection, it's hard to argue with that.

  26. #176
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wichita Falls,TX
    Posts
    4,326
    Quote Originally Posted by itsintheeyes View Post
    You can see more of a resemblance in this picture.

    She looks like she could crush ol' Guy's skull with those thighs...

  27. #177
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    She looks like she could crush ol' Guy's skull with those thighs...


  28. #178
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    420
    Didn't say she wasn't sexy. Just implying that the girl sweats like a fish.


    I love Cyndi Lauper. I remember going as her for Halloween when I was a kid. I was all cute with a ponytail to the side and lipstick on my teeth.
    You were born with an asshole, Doris! You don't need Chuck!

  29. #179
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    3,917
    We really liked her at first, being from Michigan & all...........we have her first 3 cd's. Can't say I care for anything she's done since.

    JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE
    Rest in peace sweet baby Caylee. The world loves you and will see to it that you get the justice you deserve.

  30. #180
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,232
    She bores me as a person, and I hated all her overt sexual acting out in the 90s, but I admire her discipline and ability to stay current and relevant. She has matured but not stagnated. She is a true artist--pop music, and to some extent visual and performance art, being her medium. And she's managed to make a real life for herself. So, kudos to the old bag. :-)

  31. #181
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Hot dame RaRa, did not know I made your list till now. That's ok, we can have one difference of opinion!
    Okay I think I can deal. I mean you did risk foot boogers on my recommendation. And we'll always have Heath. I do still love me Aries though.

    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    She needs to retire already.I quite frankly am sick of her and she needs toget her daughters eyebrows waxed.For Gods sake the kid looks like Bert.
    Her daughter is very pretty & although part of me is like, "She's just a kid! Kids don't wax!" The other part, the one that had braces & glasses, wants her to trim that caterpillar already.

    Quote Originally Posted by RLR12 View Post

    Somebody earlier on this page said something about Gwenyth Paltrow telling Madonna to STFU, which is funny, but, GP is another one I completely dislike. She is just like Madonna when it comes to her attitude about the US. She is an American mind you, but, America is just beneath her. She prefers to spend more time in Europe because we are not cultured enough for her. She said her fellow Americans are too close-minded and she is more of an "international" person. Pardon me while I vomit...........
    Yeah but Gwynny came back & had her kids stateside though. Madonna did too, I believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I'm surprised there haven't been any gay guys jumping into the thread to defend her?
    Please, the gays have moved on to Brit Brit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    something Brittney Spears will never be able to say.

    Just curious, is Madonna putting out new music and such these days? when artists have been around for so long they tend to just ride out their hits and just go on tour forever... is that what she is doing?
    Have patience with me, I'm going to gag as I say it, but I think you're wrong about Britney. One day she'll be inducted. Yes, you heard me - I said "inducted," not "incarcerated," "incapacitated," or even "induced," although all of those probably will happen first.

    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDeathHag View Post
    I do have to temper the above with the disclosure that Barbie Girl is one of my top favorite songs.
    I love that song! A friend & I made up our own version for for bf's voice mail. Ha! Thanks for the memories.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  32. #182
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65
    I'm surprised there haven't been any gay guys jumping into the thread to defend her?
    You wont find me defending her. I dont have a problem with her but she was never really a trendsetter. She mostly stole gay and dance music trends from the previous year and commercialized it and never really gave credit to the original. Shes pretty harmless though. As for her views on the U.S., thats fine with me.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

  33. #183
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,478
    I think Iggy Pop is an excellent choice for the new Madonna. What about you Ich?
    .

    Life goes on.

  34. #184
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,699
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick
    I think Iggy Pop is an excellent choice for the new Madonna. What about you Ich?
    They have the same physique. He has better dance moves. I would have to agree.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

  35. #185
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I think Iggy Pop is an excellent choice for the new Madonna. What about you Ich?
    Oops you got that backwards.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  36. #186
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    956
    Ever notice how her first 2 albums appeared to be enhanced by her huffing helium, then after that she had a lower range? Interesting. It's sad that she was so hot due to her in-your-face sexuality, but now that it's not so up front she's lukewarm. I haven't liked much of her music since "erotica." I mean, if you have to rub your cooch up against the microphone to get people to buy albums, something's awry.

  37. #187
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Have patience with me, I'm going to gag as I say it, but I think you're wrong about Britney. One day she'll be inducted. Yes, you heard me - I said "inducted," not "incarcerated," "incapacitated," or even "induced," although all of those probably will happen first.
    ya know... you may be right, not sure what the criteria is but in about 20 years she will have a shot.


  38. #188
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    detroit
    Posts
    301

    what's this madonna inducted into the r & r HALL OF SHAME!

    0
    Last edited by charlesmansonsbabygirl; 03-09-2010 at 04:56 PM.
    may the forces of evil get confused on the way to your house

  39. #189
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,353


    love the saggy skin on her arms

  40. #190
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Here and there and back again...
    Posts
    1,932
    Holy search button batman!


    "If you're gonna be two-faced at least make one of them pretty."
    ~Marilyn Monroe

  41. #191
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post


    love the saggy skin on her arms
    gross... ok Madonna needs to retire.


  42. #192
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,699
    Wow theres quite a few Madonna threads.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

  43. #193
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lubbock/San Angelo Texas
    Posts
    3,461
    Quote Originally Posted by smooches27 View Post
    Holy search button batman!
    lmao!
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"



  44. #194
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    for somebody that's on a lot of peoples shit list there is plenty o talk about her. I think she may be making a come back right here on the forum!!!


  45. #195
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    detroit
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by smooches27 View Post
    Holy search button batman!
    :d for some reason i go into a rage @ the mention of madonna or diana ross.
    *slams door*
    may the forces of evil get confused on the way to your house

  46. #196
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by smooches27 View Post
    Holy search button batman!
    Kapow!

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  47. #197
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Here and there and back again...
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Kapow!

    Thanks RaRa.... now I have to clean Pepsi off my computer screen!


    "If you're gonna be two-faced at least make one of them pretty."
    ~Marilyn Monroe

  48. #198
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    detroit
    Posts
    301
    ohhhhhhh i get it carry on.....
    may the forces of evil get confused on the way to your house

  49. #199
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Home of the Flaming Koresh
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Or am I the only one? I admit I was a HUGE fan of hers back in the 80's to the early 90's, but then I just got tired of her and now it's hard to listen to most of her music when it comes on the radio.

    Altho her first album (w/Borderline) is my all-time favorite and I can listen to that one.

    I tried to watch her movie "Truth or Dare" about a month ago and turned it off 20 minutes into it.

    I don't know, I guess she's just become too phony for me these days.

    Anyone else not like her anymore either?

    And I admit, I'm one of those who rolled their eyes over her getting inducted into the RR of Fame the other day...

    I agree with ya Aries, I think she is just BORING now.
    If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?


    Hag O' Death

  50. #200
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by smooches27 View Post
    Thanks RaRa.... now I have to clean Pepsi off my computer screen!
    This is a good thread. Cuz it made us laugh.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •