Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Madonna

Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    I would never judge Madonna. (I still wonder what it would be like to be a chef in her kitchen, though.) I've heard that she's got an astonishingly high IQ, and she's obviously been very smart with her career. Not many celebrities can continually reinvent themselves with such aplomb.
    The fact that Madonna hasn't gone on the record and say "TV and music is trash..I don't allow my kids to watch it or listen to it" is proof of that. Madonna is smart enough NOT to say something like that to the press. Had she did she would have to explain her earlier hits, her music videos, that infamous pepsi commercial, the book Sex, her terrible movies and the list goes on. The critics would have a field day pointing out all the "trash" Madonna has put out in the last quarter century. She really would have egg on her face. Now if she was fed up and got out of the biz totally ( no more music, tours, TV appearances, no movies ) then she could get away with it, but I doubt she will quit the "biz" anytime soon.

I do wonder what her kids would be like say a decade or two from now when they are adults and are able to see their mother's work, if it is true that Madoona is hiding her work from her kids, like not allowing them to hear her old tunes like..well Like A Virgin for example.
    Last edited by choff; 12-16-2007 at 03:41 PM.

Noelle Page Guest
    I think I did read a quote where she called TV "poison"

Reecy Guest

Thumbs down

Madonna - Mrs Queen Bee herself huh???

Well she let's my kids see her in the flesh and sing on a bed and writhe all over the place but she doesn't let her own kids see what she's done with her life?

One fine day her own children will be opening up that SEX book where she's hitching a ride in the nude. And acting like a devil and her kids are going to look at her like ????

What a HYPOCRITE! Trying to act like an angel.......... Well it's not going to work I tell you it's not going to work. LOL............................

Another thing if she loved her daughter and felt for her she would take the middle of that unibrow off. Lourdes is a beautiful child. She shouldn't be walking around like that.

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    I think I did read a quote where she called TV "poison"
    I don't remember Madonna saying that ( though it wouldn't be a surprise if she did ), but Bette Midler has said the exact same thing over the years.

Considering her hatred towards television, TV Guide was amazed when Bette accepted a role to do her own sitcom for CBS some time ago and even brought up the fact the Bette won't even allow her own kids to watch her show.

Alas, Bette's show didn't last. At the time it was reported that she just couldn't do a TV show when she detested TV so much.

However I think it was actually low ratings that killed her show, not Bette's opinions of TV.
    Last edited by Cathy J.; 12-17-2007 at 06:50 AM. Reason: spelling

MbalmR Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    She's afraid to get old is what Madonna's behavior tells me. Forcing other people to eat that yack-especially children who need a variety of nutrients in their diet to develop properly-is just a wrong and selfish attempt to maintain her youth. You're gonna get old honey, face it.

I'd tell her to go fuck herself then quit.
    LOL, I believe you'd do just that! Bravo!

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy J. View Post
    I don't remember Madonna saying that ( though it wouldn't be a surprise if she did ), but Bette Midler has said the exact same thing over the years.

Considering her hatred towards television, TV Guide was amazed when Bette accepted a role to do her own sitcom for CBS some time ago and even brought up the fact the Bette won't even allow her own kids to watch her show.

Alas, Bette's show didn't last. At the time it was reported that she just couldn't do a TV show when she detested TV so much.

However I think it was actually low ratings that killed her show, not Bette's opinions of TV.
    Oh, BS, Bette honey! Let's admit it, we all need money!

mgpm Guest
    I really think it is hypocritical for a person to put out so much trash and take money from other people's kids then sheild their own from the same garbage.

Smart, but hypocritical.

I agree on the three presents thing though. Those kids probably have a lot of stuff anyway.

Smart, but hypocritical.
    I don't see it that way. Not the smart part. Those little people are going to think the world revolves around them and that it's such a happy, perfect and polite place until they get their rude awakenings as adults. Overly shielding children from the real world and not allowing them much freedom to make mistakes is I think, going to cause them some big problems in the adjustment department later.

mgpm Guest
    I see it differently. Children aren't as capable of handling some images as adults are. Shielding them from crap on tv doesn't prevent them from making mistakes. Gradual introduction to the "real world" is a good thing. It allows them to be kids longer, not mini adults.

No, that's putting my position on the extreme end of not agreeing with you and not what I meant at all. Children need balance, not extremes. That was my point.

RoRo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Luffy66 View Post
    Untill KISS is there, It's not a real R&R hall of fame.
    Amen!!!! I would also say its a joke but the "R & R Hall of Fame" is too sad to be funny. I also can't stand Madonna...her main claim to fame is her ability to shock...her music was ok but not outstanding imo

Yeah, it was the "Justify My Love" video that helped get her in there....

Madonna deserves to be in there, like it or not.

Luffy66 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    Madonna deserves to be in there, like it or not.
    Just being devils advocate but......why?

She is about as rock as Britney- and we will probably be seeing her there in the next 15 years.

Whats next? New Kids on the Block?

Edit: according to wikapedia, she is tied with Elvis for the most top ten hits. That must count for something. she's still not rock though.

mgpm Guest
    hokay.

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy66 View Post
    Just being devils advocate but......why?

She is about as rock as Britney- and we will probably be seeing her there in the next 15 years.

Whats next? New Kids on the Block?

Edit: according to wikapedia, she is tied with Elvis for the most top ten hits. That must count for something. she's still not rock though.
    Well considering these acts were inducted:

Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five
    Miles Davis
    Sex Pistols
    Isaac Hayes
    Curtis Mayfield

I would think it's fair to say it's not just "Rock N Roll" bands that get in. They induct acts that were highly influential, changed the shape of music in some way, had record breaking sales, etc... Madonna without a doubt fits into this category whether you liked her or not and if Brittney straightens her shit out and keeps making albums that have influence over the next generation of artists I don't see why she won't have a shot at the hall of fame either. New Kids On The Block in about 10 years will have a shot at it as well, guess we will have to wait and see how the committee votes when it is their turn.
    Last edited by Jason; 12-19-2007 at 11:32 AM.

Is there a music track running in the two girls one cup video? If so, they'll probably get a shot too.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    This is the first pic I have seen of her in ages. Shes pretty now, but I think we may be talking stunning later. Her face shape, skin tone, mouth, everything. This will be cool to watch as she frows older. Oh, and I forgot her eyes, really lovely girl.
    The single eyebrow is a little spooky.....

I have always liked Madonna's music. I have no issue with her at all. I like the way she has evolved over the years.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Why did the thread title change???

the pistols are rock,and "because tourists are money" is of course a line from "God Save the Queen" [she ain't no human bein'"[what does that make jughead and horseface,then?]

Quote Originally Posted by midnitelamp View Post
    the pistols are rock,and "because tourists are money" is of course a line from "God Save the Queen" [she ain't no human bein'"[what does that make jughead and horseface,then?]
    The pistols are technically punk just like Miles Davis is technically Jazz. Just like Madonna is technically Pop... but it all revolves around one theme, AMERICAN. The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame is for American music and that umbrellas all sub categories of rock n roll.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnitelamp View Post
    It makes them the future King & Queen Consort of Great Britain....just really effin' ugly ones.

djdeath-hag Guest

thread title

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    That was due to a merging of threads a few days back. Sorry it I ruffled any feathers.

paul cook said in the bollocks dvd that we considered our selves a rock and roll band,nothing more.

Zombiegirl Guest
    I was just reading that article that someone posted....what the hell is chipolata? I feel sorry for those kids not being able to enjoy some common holiday food fare. What a bunch of crap on the menu. Yuck!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    You don't miss a thing do you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Why?

Rancid whore at best...trying to be English....why?

Noelle Page Guest
    Ok, seen the pictures of her at some bash last night? any guesses as to what she's had done to her face?

I saw some pictures of her a few weeks ago with bruises under eyes... whatever it was it a) is subtle and b) looks like she's has something done!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_blonde View Post
    Madonna belongs in a hall of fame, but not the RRHOF. Skanky Whore Hall of Fame, but not RRHOF. There are a lot of overlooked artists deserving of it, but it's music business politics at work.
    i'm with you!
    pull the string!

smellslikealmonds Guest
    This bitch is as fake as Lee Press On Nails.

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    This bitch is as fake as Lee Press On Nails.

I agree

Noelle Page Guest
    My problem with Madonna is, she's just BORING as a person. I, who love biographies, wouldn't bother reading one about her. She is too bland, too disciplined and controlled. I think she's been a pretty good pop icon, though. The old gal has had a darn good run.

Ps, I'm thinkin new cheek implants.
    Last edited by Noelle Page; 02-07-2008 at 06:55 PM.

Does anyone Else not like Madonna anymore?/RR Hall of Fame

Or am I the only one? I admit I was a HUGE fan of hers back in the 80's to the early 90's, but then I just got tired of her and now it's hard to listen to most of her music when it comes on the radio.

Altho her first album (w/Borderline) is my all-time favorite and I can listen to that one.

I tried to watch her movie "Truth or Dare" about a month ago and turned it off 20 minutes into it.

I don't know, I guess she's just become too phony for me these days.

Anyone else not like her anymore either?

And I admit, I'm one of those who rolled their eyes over her getting inducted into the RR of Fame the other day...

Cettie Guest
    How about those of us who never liked her to start with?

Danny62 Guest
    Never could stand her.

Grave Wax Guest
    I never had much use for her anyway, but when she came out and said she was going to raise her children in Great Britain because the culture in the USA was too coarse, my indifference turned to disgust.

The "coarse" culture Madonna spent 25 years helping to create isn't good enough for her ultra-wealthy family. She is rich enough to live where she wants, while my daughters and their daughters must stay behind in a "cesspool" Madonna's kind dug for us.

gleemonex Guest
    I used to like her music, but I was never a huge fan mind you. I was pretty disturbed to find out that the song "Music" was sung by her. Very bad quality IMO. As a person, she really bugs me with all her antics. I read some years ago that she kept trying to push her Kabbalah (sp?) beliefs on everyone, basically acting like an out-of-control JW. She got under Gwyneth Paltrow's skin and GP finally had to kindly tell her to STFU. I gained a newfound respect for GP after reading that.

Bayou Voodoo Guest
    I loved her when she was a rebel, bucking the system and going against the boy's club to do things her way. Now she's a sold-out has been, and her music stinks now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Voodoo View Post
    I loved her when she was a rebel, bucking the system and going against the boy's club to do things her way. Now she's a sold-out has been, and her music stinks now too.
    That's when I liked her also. I also feel like she "sold out" the Gay community by using all of us to get to where she is now and then dumping us when she needed to "straighten up" and raise kids.

Bake Guest
    I liked some of her music...but always found her annoying...

lisalouver Guest
    I liked her then, like her now. She made her own way and overcame a lot of obstacles to get where she is.

I thought she deserved to get into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I can think of worse people with less contributions in there.

I think she looks great for her age, has a great marriage and kids and at her age is settled into her family life.

I don't expect to see her wearing a wedding dress and singing Like a virgin. Those days are behind her.

I have no issues with Ma-donga
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I never bought that whole virgin birth thing I mean.........what?...............oh!... .........Not that Madonna..........Never mind. Go back to what you were doing. Sorry to bother you.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forever-27 Guest
    I never liked her stuff to start with. When her Borderline album came out I was jamming Quiet Riots Metal Health album .... oh and Def Leppards Pyromania and Motley Crue's Too Fast For Love. Ive really never liked her music. Madonna has always just been an annoying nat to me.

In recent yewars the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame has really made some terrible decisions on who gets in. REM, The Pretenders, Madonna .... omg some really bad choices for the hall.

Yet the Rock N Roll Hall ignores Alice Cooper, Heart, and Kiss.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I used to like - back when she was funky & cool. The 80s. I got over it fast though & here's why - I really hate the get attention celebs. She was never a huge talent, but she knew how to "shock" people. She based her entire career on it.

I think it's gross when young singers say "My idol is Madonna!" Really?? Why?

So after I confess my ecrush Lisa b/c of our shared interests she pulls this on me. LOL j/k

I change my ecrush to Aries.

shellileigh Guest
    I admit I like her songs when I was young and stupid. Now, that i grown up (not completely, but you know what I mean) my taste for music has changed some, and some of the people that I like then, don't care to much for now.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    I liked some of her music, but not so much now.
    Lady you are not British, so drop the fake accent.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I used to like - back when she was funky & cool. The 80s. I got over it fast though & here's why - I really hate the get attention celebs. She was never a huge talent, but she knew how to "shock" people. She based her entire career on it.

I think it's gross when young singers say "My idol is Madonna!" Really?? Why?

So after I confess my ecrush Lisa b/c of our shared interests she pulls this on me. LOL j/k

Hot dame RaRa, did not know I made your list till now. That's ok, we can have one difference of opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post