Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Madonna

WendyK Guest
    She needs to retire already.I quite frankly am sick of her and she needs toget her daughters eyebrows waxed.For Gods sake the kid looks like Bert.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    She needs to retire already.I quite frankly am sick of her and she needs toget her daughters eyebrows waxed.For Gods sake the kid looks like Bert.
    Glad I'm not the only one that thinks she needs some electrolysis.

Oh my, that is hee haw funny! I would truly like to bathe that little girl in Nair or Veet, she is a furry little thing. I don't care for Madonna, or her music. Never was a big fan, even in the early years of her career.

WendyK Guest
    Yeah, you would think with her money she would get little Lourdes a good waxing and fix the gap.I never did like Madonna's gap tooth either.Stick a chicklet up their or something.

RLR12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Voodoo View Post
    I loved her when she was a rebel, bucking the system and going against the boy's club to do things her way. Now she's a sold-out has been, and her music stinks now too.
    Definitely with you here bayou and aries. I was never a huge fan in the early years but I could tolerate some of her music. Absolutely cannot stand her now in any way, shape, or form.

Somebody earlier on this page said something about Gwenyth Paltrow telling Madonna to STFU, which is funny, but, GP is another one I completely dislike. She is just like Madonna when it comes to her attitude about the US. She is an American mind you, but, America is just beneath her. She prefers to spend more time in Europe because we are not cultured enough for her. She said her fellow Americans are too close-minded and she is more of an "international" person. Pardon me while I vomit...........

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I loved Madonna back when she first hit. She was a Michigan girl who made it. Now, I think she's a huge poseur, her music sucks and she's become the poster child of celebrity whoredom.

I don't think she is out there trying to be liked these days... she made her money and her place in history. If she really wanted to make a comeback she would because she knows how to.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I don't think she is out there trying to be liked these days... she made her money and her place in history. If she really wanted to make a comeback she would because she knows how to.
    I totally agree.

And I like her gap in her teeth. My daughter has one too.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I totally agree.

And I like her gap in her teeth. My daughter has one too.
    yeah, just goes to show she had to have talent to have the gap overlooked, and she never bothered having it fixed... I like that.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I with Aries, I loved her stuff in the 80s and early 90s, after Like a Prayer, it was over. I don't know why, I just stopped liking her music and the stuff in the 80s is ok, but I don't like it like I used to. She was likeable as the rogue "virgin whore" but today she's just dull and too much like your average superstar. The phony British accent is laughable.

She's old... she isn't going to be like todays pop stars nor is she going to be what she was 25 years ago.
    Last edited by Jason; 03-11-2008 at 09:43 AM.

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDeathHag View Post
    I with Aries, I loved her stuff in the 80s and early 90s, after Like a Prayer, it was over. I don't know why, I just stopped liking her music and the stuff in the 80s is ok, but I don't like it like I used to. She was likeable as the rogue "virgin whore" but today she's just dull and too much like your average superstar. The phony British accent is laughable.
    I totally agree.

lisalouver Guest
    yeah, just goes to show she had to have talent to have the gap overlooked, and she never bothered having it fixed... I like that.
    Me too!

I'm surprised there haven't been any gay guys jumping into the thread to defend her?

cynnbox Guest
    madonna was cool back when she first came out...

She is an icon because of how much music she put out and how many people enjoyed it.

Present day...eh, I'll pass.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Madonna was alright when I was a kid but, I've always liked Cyndi Lauper. *leaves room*

Quote Originally Posted by cynnbox View Post
    madonna was cool back when she first came out...

She is an icon because of how much music she put out and how many people enjoyed it.

Present day...eh, I'll pass.
    she is an icon more for how she helped change the music industry for women in general... putting out a lot of music was her job but doesn't automatically put you in the rock n roll hall of fame. I don't know shit about her today and to be honest am not much of a fan but she is a legend right up there with David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Elton John... something Brittney Spears will never be able to say.

Just curious, is Madonna putting out new music and such these days? when artists have been around for so long they tend to just ride out their hits and just go on tour forever... is that what she is doing?

anyway, she'll maintain her true fans as she has nothing more to prove I bet... she is probably in that place where there really isn't anywhere else to go, she already made it to the top.
    Last edited by Jason; 03-11-2008 at 10:04 AM.

itsintheeyes Guest
    Madonna reminds me of cod liver oil.

Yeah I see the resemblance.

I still like Madonna.........she's just mellowed with age, like a good bottle of whisky/wine. I'm not a fan of her personnel life, it all seems a tad desperate to be liked and to 'fit in' with other celebs

itsintheeyes Guest
    You can see more of a resemblance in this picture.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    Madonna was alright when I was a kid but, I've always liked Cyndi Lauper. *leaves room*

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and She-Bop still rock it and are on my gym ipod. And as someone else mentioned, I feel like Def Leppard and Bon Jovi really aged well, those songs like Pour Some Sugar On Me and Photograph and Livin' on a Prayer still are great and I listen to them a lot too, they have withstood the test of time. The only Madonna songs from that era I still listen to are Dress You Up, Borderline, and the Desperately Seeking Susan song. I don't like Material Girl or Like a Virgin anymore and I skip over Like A Prayer on my ipod now. I just don't think it was great music in retrospect.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I do have to temper the above with the disclosure that Barbie Girl is one of my top favorite songs.

Quote Originally Posted by itsintheeyes View Post

is that her now? damn she's still sexy... I think there's a lot of haters in this room

I actually like Cyndi Lauper... she has some set a pipes on her.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    is that her now? damn she's still sexy... I think there's a lot of haters in this room

I actually like Cyndi Lauper... she has some set a pipes on her.
    I don't think anyone is saying she doesn't have a killer body. She does, and from someone like me who works out all the time, that body comes from training her ass off, not plastic surgery, you can't fake that body and get there with shortcuts. Her face looks good too, she has had obvious work done, but it's been nice and subtle. She is physical perfection, it's hard to argue with that.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by itsintheeyes View Post

She looks like she could crush ol' Guy's skull with those thighs...

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    She looks like she could crush ol' Guy's skull with those thighs...

itsintheeyes Guest
    Didn't say she wasn't sexy. Just implying that the girl sweats like a fish.

I love Cyndi Lauper. I remember going as her for Halloween when I was a kid. I was all cute with a ponytail to the side and lipstick on my teeth.

panda Guest
    We really liked her at first, being from Michigan & all...........we have her first 3 cd's. Can't say I care for anything she's done since.

Noelle Page Guest
    She bores me as a person, and I hated all her overt sexual acting out in the 90s, but I admire her discipline and ability to stay current and relevant. She has matured but not stagnated. She is a true artist--pop music, and to some extent visual and performance art, being her medium. And she's managed to make a real life for herself. So, kudos to the old bag. :-)

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Hot dame RaRa, did not know I made your list till now. That's ok, we can have one difference of opinion!
    Okay I think I can deal. I mean you did risk foot boogers on my recommendation. And we'll always have Heath. I do still love me Aries though.

Her daughter is very pretty & although part of me is like, "She's just a kid! Kids don't wax!" The other part, the one that had braces & glasses, wants her to trim that caterpillar already.

Quote Originally Posted by RLR12 View Post

Somebody earlier on this page said something about Gwenyth Paltrow telling Madonna to STFU, which is funny, but, GP is another one I completely dislike. She is just like Madonna when it comes to her attitude about the US. She is an American mind you, but, America is just beneath her. She prefers to spend more time in Europe because we are not cultured enough for her. She said her fellow Americans are too close-minded and she is more of an "international" person. Pardon me while I vomit...........
    Yeah but Gwynny came back & had her kids stateside though. Madonna did too, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I'm surprised there haven't been any gay guys jumping into the thread to defend her?
    Please, the gays have moved on to Brit Brit.

something Brittney Spears will never be able to say.

Just curious, is Madonna putting out new music and such these days? when artists have been around for so long they tend to just ride out their hits and just go on tour forever... is that what she is doing?
    Have patience with me, I'm going to gag as I say it, but I think you're wrong about Britney. One day she'll be inducted. Yes, you heard me - I said "inducted," not "incarcerated," "incapacitated," or even "induced," although all of those probably will happen first.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDeathHag View Post
    I do have to temper the above with the disclosure that Barbie Girl is one of my top favorite songs.
    I love that song! A friend & I made up our own version for for bf's voice mail. Ha! Thanks for the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65
    You wont find me defending her. I dont have a problem with her but she was never really a trendsetter. She mostly stole gay and dance music trends from the previous year and commercialized it and never really gave credit to the original. Shes pretty harmless though. As for her views on the U.S., thats fine with me.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

I think Iggy Pop is an excellent choice for the new Madonna. What about you Ich?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick
    I think Iggy Pop is an excellent choice for the new Madonna. What about you Ich?
    They have the same physique. He has better dance moves. I would have to agree.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Oops you got that backwards.

motherogod Guest
    Ever notice how her first 2 albums appeared to be enhanced by her huffing helium, then after that she had a lower range? Interesting. It's sad that she was so hot due to her in-your-face sexuality, but now that it's not so up front she's lukewarm. I haven't liked much of her music since "erotica." I mean, if you have to rub your cooch up against the microphone to get people to buy albums, something's awry.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Have patience with me, I'm going to gag as I say it, but I think you're wrong about Britney. One day she'll be inducted. Yes, you heard me - I said "inducted," not "incarcerated," "incapacitated," or even "induced," although all of those probably will happen first.
    ya know... you may be right, not sure what the criteria is but in about 20 years she will have a shot.

what's this madonna inducted into the r & r HALL OF SHAME!

Last edited by charlesmansonsbabygirl; 03-09-2010 at 04:56 PM.
    may the forces of evil get confused on the way to your house

knothere Guest

love the saggy skin on her arms

smooches27 Guest
    Holy search button batman!

Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post

love the saggy skin on her arms
    gross... ok Madonna needs to retire.

Wow theres quite a few Madonna threads.

Quote Originally Posted by smooches27 View Post
    lmao!
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

for somebody that's on a lot of peoples shit list there is plenty o talk about her. I think she may be making a come back right here on the forum!!!

:d for some reason i go into a rage @ the mention of madonna or diana ross.
    *slams door*

RaRaRamona Guest
    Kapow!

smooches27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Kapow!

Thanks RaRa.... now I have to clean Pepsi off my computer screen!

ohhhhhhh i get it carry on.....

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Or am I the only one? I admit I was a HUGE fan of hers back in the 80's to the early 90's, but then I just got tired of her and now it's hard to listen to most of her music when it comes on the radio.

Altho her first album (w/Borderline) is my all-time favorite and I can listen to that one.

I tried to watch her movie "Truth or Dare" about a month ago and turned it off 20 minutes into it.

I don't know, I guess she's just become too phony for me these days.

Anyone else not like her anymore either?

And I admit, I'm one of those who rolled their eyes over her getting inducted into the RR of Fame the other day...

I agree with ya Aries, I think she is just BORING now.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Thanks RaRa.... now I have to clean Pepsi off my computer screen!
    This is a good thread. Cuz it made us laugh.