Page 1 of 13 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Madonna

Madonna

Why?

It's official: the Queen of Pop rocks.
    The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was out Thursday with its list of annual inductees, with Madonna leading the class of 2008.
    Joining her in the Cleveland shrine will be John Mellencamp, Leonard Cohen, the Ventures and the Dave Clark Five. The induction will take place Mar. 10 in New York.
    "The 2008 inductees are trailblazers—all unique and influential in their genres," said Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation President Joel Peresman. "From poetry to pop, these five acts demonstrate the rich diversity of rock and roll itself."
    The inductee quintet was whittled down from a ballot of nine announced in September, selected and voted on by a group of 600 music-biz insiders. The Beastie Boys, Donna Summer, Chic and Afrika Bambaataa were the also-rans.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Why?
    where have you been? that's old news Holmes.

mgpm Guest
    The RARHOF is a joke.

endsleigh03 Guest
    There is some Dave Clark Five I really like, good for them.

SuburbanDeathHag Guest
    Madonna has those big manly hands. She's so sinew-y looking these days.

Why?
    Because there is no Vixen Hall of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by mgpm View Post
    The RARHOF is a joke.
    Right you are. There are more than a handful of folks there who I feel are only there because no one else can figure out which HOF to put them in.

Manilow will probably be elected to it at the rate they are going. It's a shame.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecold View Post
    Manilow will probably be elected to it at the rate they are going. It's a shame.
    Don't give them any ideas.....

It seems they are just putting people in now for they sake of having a annual ceremony. I think they should stop letting people in for awhile to make the honor more of a honor and not just a title to give to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    It seems they are just putting people in now for they sake of having a annual ceremony. I think they should stop letting people in for awhile to make the honor more of a honor and not just a title to give to someone.
    While I've got my pen out, I'll sign your petition too.

What a fuckin' joke...it is, isn't it?

WendyK Guest
    I wish she would retire and pluck her daughter eyebrow's

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    What a fuckin' joke...it is, isn't it?
    Yeah, and Britney will be there too with the Backdoor Boys and In-sink too I suppose.

suicide_blonde Guest
    Madonna belongs in a hall of fame, but not the RRHOF. Skanky Whore Hall of Fame, but not RRHOF. There are a lot of overlooked artists deserving of it, but it's music business politics at work.

And she's not even "Rock N Roll"! She's a washed up, former "Pop Tart" has-been. Since when does Pop/dance music become "Rock n Roll"???

Death Hag Chris Guest
    you get inducted for being, a far stretch I know, INFLUENTIAL!!!!!! among other reasons of course. but like her nor not, Madonna HAS been a major influence on pop music the last 25 years. I don't care for alot of bands that got in to the RNRHOF. but I think they deserve to be there. and she is no exception.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    Yeah, and Britney will be there too with the Backdoor Boys and In-sink too I suppose.
    Yep! Its not about talent anymore! I am sure Britney's Ex will in there as well!!

Should be called the "Rock and Roll hall of Shame."

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Should be called the "Rock and Roll hall of Shame."
    I agree there, dear.

TNpuck Guest
    Maybe they need a Pop hall of fame. She isn't rock.

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Yep! Its not about talent anymore! I am sure Britney's Ex will in there as well!!
    LMFAO!! K-Fed can also be included in the list of 1 hit wonders with POOPOZAO!!

Death Hag Chris Guest
    I guess we're becoming our parent's. remember when they couldn't appreciate what we liked and considered art? well, that's what we're doing now. if I had my way, the New York Dolls, The Stooges and the MC5 would be in. but i'll take Madonna and Chic. I can see the influence in them, even if others can't. as much as I don't "get" the music today, I still see where the influence is. and I respect that.

Luffy66 Guest
    Untill KISS is there, It's not a real R&R hall of fame.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Luffy66 View Post
    FUCK YEAH!!!!!

While I'm not a Kiss fan, why is Madonna chosen before them - when she isn't rock and they've been around a hell of a lot longer than her???

This is the point I'm trying to make. There's a bunch of good ROCK bands that are yet to be inducted and instead Madonna is chosen...

Death Hag Chris Guest
    While I'm not a Kiss fan, why is Madonna chosen before them - when she isn't rock and they've been around a hell of a lot longer than her???

This is the point I'm trying to make. There's a bunch of good ROCK bands that are yet to be inducted and instead Madonna is chosen...
    the Isely Bros, Righteous Bros, Tina Turner, Buddy Guy, Soloman Burke, Miles Davis, Brenda Lee, Issac Hayes, Joni Mitchell, Jackson 5..THESE are not rock artists either. but they made it into the RNRHOF. why? the INFLUENCE is there.

Well, they should have just called it "The Music Hall of Fame" then...

But whatever...

I guess I'm just one of the few not pleased with Madonna's induction, and I'll just leave at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    the Isely Bros, Righteous Bros, Tina Turner, Buddy Guy, Soloman Burke, Miles Davis, Brenda Lee, Issac Hayes, Joni Mitchell, Jackson 5..THESE are not rock artists either. but they made it into the RNRHOF. why? the INFLUENCE is there.
    Actually Madonna hasn't really been any sort of "influence". Every album of hers has been created out what is "hip" at the time. She rides the waves of fads in trends and music for each album - which is why her clothing, attitude and hairstyle changes with each album - depending on what is going on in the hip/hop and dance community at the time.

She "steals" her ideas from pop culture and even used the Gay community for "ideas" for her albums.

"Vogue" was a popular dance in underground clubs and Madonna used that to make a hit song out of it - as an example.

When techno music was popular - she did her "Music" album from that.

And so on...

She hasn't created or "influenced" music - she just took what she can from what she saw and made it her "own" without thanking anyone.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Actually Madonna hasn't really been any sort of "influence". Every album of hers has been created out what is "hip" at the time. She rides the waves of fads in trends and music for each album - which is why her clothing, attitude and hairstyle changes with each album - depending on what is going on in the hip/hop and dance community at the time.

She "steals" her ideas from pop culture and even used the Gay community for "ideas" for her albums.

"Vogue" was a popular dance in underground clubs and Madonna used that to make a hit song out of it - as an example.

And so on...

She hasn't created or "influenced" music - she just took what she can from what she saw and made it her "own" without thanking anyone.
    I think the general public who buys millions of her albums would disagree with you. but, to each his/her own.

Why?
    Because she has $$$$$. It's certainly not for her musical "talent".

suicide_blonde Guest
    IMO, she's just a stank whore who screwed her way into a recording contract and has been ripping off ever since. She's not an 'influence,' she's a consequence. She needs to be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_blonde View Post
    IMO, she's just a stank whore who screwed her way into a recording contract and has been ripping off ever since. She's not an 'influence,' she's a consequence. She needs to be forgotten.
    I agree 150%, and then some.

I'm still waiting for these acts to get the nod: The New York Dolls, The MC 5, The Stooges, Arthur Lee, X, The Cars, KISS, and Joan Jett. Who else am I forgetting?

Quote Originally Posted by hank chinaski View Post
    I'm still waiting for these acts to get the nod: The New York Dolls, The MC 5, The Stooges, Arthur Lee, X, The Cars, KISS, and Joan Jett. Who else am I forgetting?
    Sorry, not as "influential" Madonna - better luck next year...

TNpuck Guest
    Where would we be as a society had Madonna not worn her bra on the outside! Influential indeed.

More Cheese Please Guest
    What does Madonna wear behind her ears to attract the boys?

Her ankles!

What the hell took them so long? She should have been there eons ago.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    What the hell took them so long? She should have been there eons ago.
    to get into the hall of fame you have to have released your first recording 25 years prior.

Ah, thank you oh wise one!!! I never knew.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

BeeCee Guest
    [SIZE=3]Wonder if they will include all her incarnations or just the first half dozen or so? [/SIZE]

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Ah, thank you oh wise one!!! I never knew.
    not a problem sir.

Luffy66 Guest
    34 years and counting for KISS.

They will never get in- R&R hall of fame is run by Jann Wenner founder of Rolling Stone Magazine- They have always shunned them.

RS pays more attention to the avant garde artist, or the next big thing. Like when they predicted Ultravox or Oasis as the next Beatles, or Terrence Trent D'Arby as the next Jimi Hendrix. lol

34 years and counting for KISS.

They will never get in- R&R hall of fame is run by Jann Wenner founder of Rolling Stone Magazine- They have always shunned them.

RS pays more attention to the avant garde artist, or the next big thing. Like when they predicted Ultravox or Oasis as the next Beatles, or Terrence Trent D'Arby as the next Jimi Hendrix. lol
    RS is turning into a Teen-Beat type of magazine - have you seen who's been on the cover this year? Everyone from that Zac guy to other "hearthrobs" - pretty disappointing...

At least they had Led Zep on the cover of the last one...

xenaswolf Guest
    Joan Jett!!!!!!

GrinReaper Guest
    So who did Madonna have sex with this time to get into the RNRHOF?

because tourists are money

More Cheese Please Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    So who did Madonna have sex with this time to get into the RNRHOF?
    It wouldn't have been Jann- these days anyway

And so on...

You are right about that. Her new album is being done by Timbaland and Justin Timberlake is on a couple tracks as well. She is no artist that belongs in the hall of fame. She is a just a overly produced product for consumers to buy, buy, buy. Most people that buy pop music are 16 years old girls that don't know better.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    You are right about that. Her new album is being done by Timbaland and Justin Timberlake is on a couple tracks as well. She is no artist that belongs in the hall of fame. She is a just a overly produced product for consumers to buy, buy, buy. Most people that buy pop music are 16 years old girls that don't know better.
    if that's so, then name 1 16 year old girl who can afford a $500 ticket to see Madonna live.