Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Madonna

TNpuck Guest
    Miley Cyrus

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    if that's so, then name 1 16 year old girl who can afford a $500 ticket to see Madonna live.
    Is that a number you just pulled out of the air or is that the actual cost?
    And what would the cheap seats cost?
    Really, I'm curious.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    Really, I'm curious.
    it's a fact. and if you're so curious, look it up yourself.

if that's so, then name 1 16 year old girl who can afford a $500 ticket to see Madonna live.
    Hanna Montana is going for twice that. It's called Daddy's credit card

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Hanna Montana is going for twice that. It's called Daddy's credit card
    yeah, through a scalper. and not everybody has a rich daddy. hate to break the news to the rest of the world.

GrinReaper Guest
    I was wondering what it costs to see the big names on stage.
    I saw Pink Floyd and even though it wasn't front row I didn't pay more than $100 and this was back in the late 80s.
    It's outrageous to pay half a thousand $ just for a concert?
    I can think of better investments.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Can someone explain to me how she gets into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, her music, whether you think it's influential or garbage, is not rock.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie Prody View Post
    Can someone explain to me how she gets into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, her music, whether you think it's influential or garbage, is not rock.
    go back a page or two. this was already brought up.

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Actually Madonna hasn't really been any sort of "influence". Every album of hers has been created out what is "hip" at the time. She rides the waves of fads in trends and music for each album - which is why her clothing, attitude and hairstyle changes with each album - depending on what is going on in the hip/hop and dance community at the time.

She "steals" her ideas from pop culture and even used the Gay community for "ideas" for her albums.

"Vogue" was a popular dance in underground clubs and Madonna used that to make a hit song out of it - as an example.

When techno music was popular - she did her "Music" album from that.

And so on...

She hasn't created or "influenced" music - she just took what she can from what she saw and made it her "own" without thanking anyone.

Exactly.
    Yep. Ya got that right!

More Cheese Please Guest
    Really, I'm curious.
    Average face value for a Madonna concert ticket is $183.76 according to Pollstar

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=7543

TNpuck Guest
    Well, the Rock Hall doesn't say in it's eligibility rules that you must play rock music, just that you "have had a significant impact on the evolution, development and perpetuation of rock and roll."

If she never sang rock, how can she have an impact on the evolution, development and perpetuation of it? They really should change it to the Music Hall of Fame. This is a joke.

It don't mater if it's through a scalper or not. How many people do you know over 21 that listen to Hanna Montana or watch the Olsen twin movies. The popster scene sells more tickets and movies than anything out right now. My point is just cause one sell tons of tickets and make a lot of money don't make one great. Just because you market your self well and always have the hottest, trendiest producer of the day to do your album's don't make you a great artist, It makes you a great salesperson

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by More Cheese Please View Post
    Average face value for a Madonna concert ticket is $183.76 according to Pollstar

Thank you for that helpful, correct and kind response!

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by More Cheese Please View Post

not in Chicago. it was between the range of $150 - $500 depending on where the seat was.

More Cheese Please Guest
    Here's top grossing tours for first six months 2007 with average ticket pricing...

http://images.pollstar.com/adverts/p...op100Tours.pdf

More Cheese Please Guest
    Thank you for that helpful, correct and kind response!
    You are most welcome!

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    A lot of hall of fames these days, even sports, are getting to be what I call "Feelgood" Halls of Fame. They let anyone in on the barest of credentials.

Noelle Page Guest

Madonna, Control-Freak Mom

Even if this is somewhat exaggerated.....geez.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1773

leevancleef Guest
    im SO OVER Madonna, really..... She must have retired 15 years ago.

Cathy J. Guest
    actually this is quite "normal" in Hollywood.

Remember the cast from the TV show "Friends"? Remember how much money they received from doing that show?

It was reported at the time ( mid 1990s ) that no member of that show despite all of that money even owned a TV set !! Or even a radio !! Some of the cast even bashed the very same medium that made them famous.

Yet NBC paid them big bucks anyway. Go figure !!

About Madonna...one thing that article did leave out. Madonna does not allow her children to listen to current rock or country music. Even her own hits.

I bet that makes for good conversation. "..Hey Celine ...How are you doing?...How is the hubby and kids?...By the way I don't allow my kids to listen to your music because its trash....."

Only in entertainment !!!
    Last edited by Cathy J.; 12-14-2007 at 04:53 PM.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Concert prices may vary from market to market.....they are ALL way out of my budgetary price range. Sooooo, having said that- please take into consideration that when one of us indicates a local price that does NOT mean that it is either A: universal or B: a false statement!

Back to the subject...Madonna, while I've never been a huge fan, never seen her perform live is what she is....perhaps that IS does not include rock legend. Certainly she is not legendary in my opinion....but I think that she did an excellent job in Evita. Of course to be completely candid, I'd probably watched it 7 or 8 times before I realized that there were other actors in it with Antonio Banderas.

I'll close my comments with a quote from the movie "Love! Valour! Compassion!" when Buzz is frustrated about several others not knowing some of the celebrities he's speaking of....."I long for the day when I can hear people say, 'Who's Madonna?!???' My apologies to the teenagers present."

HolidayHagHugs, Dennis

SistaSara Guest
    I like how before Madonna was a mom (and British) it was cool for her to corrupt everyone else's' daughter. But now that she has kids she's all covered up.

AND for the love of everything holy...get Lourdes's eyebrows waxed!!!!!!!!!!

More Cheese Please Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SistaSara View Post
    I like how before Madonna was a mom (and British) it was cool for her to corrupt everyone else's' daughter. But now that she has kids she's all covered up.

Snap!!!

Sylkyn Guest
    Being Madonna (and her many incarnations) must be so tiring.

I know I'M tired of them. Christ, girl...get a decade. Get off the ego-throne and go away!

Kathyf Guest
    This is true. The kids are not allowed to watch TV either.

Looks to me as if she's under the delusion that she's raising the next Royal Family. I doubt the Queen's staff was as fastidiously controlling as Madonna appears to be with her children.

What a drag it would be to have her as a Mom.

I read somewhere that as a kid Madonna's father wouldn't let her watch TV either - so she's trying to raise her kids like how she was raised.

I wonder how she'll feel if Lourdes runs off to NY and becomes a slut, bar-hopping the Gay clubs, hoping to become a singer like her mom?

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I read somewhere that as a kid Madonna's father wouldn't let her watch TV either - so she's trying to raise her kids like how she was raised.

I wonder how she'll feel if Lourdes runs off to NY and becomes a slut, bar-hopping the Gay clubs, hoping to become a singer like her mom?
    And i wonder how her father, a devoted catholic who raised her and her siblings in that faith, feels about her embracing the Kabbalah faith.

Katie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SistaSara View Post

I could not say anything better than this!!

SuckMyKiss Guest
    I hate Madonna. I hate her husband. I hate how she thinks she's English. I hate her fake English accent. I hate her disgusting vagina she likes to flash in a leotard at every given opportunity. I hate her manly arms and I hate her daughters eyebrows. She's a big effin doosch.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post
    I hate Madonna. I hate her husband. I hate how she thinks she's English. I hate her fake English accent. I hate her disgusting vagina she likes to flash in a leotard at every given opportunity. I hate her manly arms and I hate her daughters eyebrows. She's a big effin doosch.
    Her daughter's eyebrows.........now that's hate.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by biguncfan View Post
    Her daughter's eyebrows.........now that's hate.

I swear Lourdes is the secret love child of Noel Gallagher. The eyebrows are just wronggg!

leevancleef Guest
    You know, im so sure that she doesnt pluck the kid's eyebrows because she is MADONNA.i dont know if im explaining myself, I Mean, im sure that she says to Lola: If any other kid at school laughs at you or bullies you because of that you have to say to them: Fuck off, im Madonnas daughter and i can do whatever i please!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathyf View Post
    This is true. The kids are not allowed to watch TV either.
    That is true with most of the children of celebrities.

It does seem a bit off the wall how many of those in the biz go to extremes when it comes to the kids and their TV/Music/Radio/Internet/Movie watching habits. I used to have a friend who worked for CBS. He was saying that you be suprised at the number of employees there who not only will not allow their kids to watch the tube, but many of them don't even own a set.

Its not limited to TV either. For years Dan Ingram was a very popular New York City radio disc jockey. From what I was told the man not only refused to listen to the radio ( even his own radio station WABC ) but would not allow his children to listen to it either. Of course WABC could have cared less since he gave them what they wanted...listeners.

Does seem weird.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    it's pretty sad and pathetic that you people feel the need to trash her daughter. she is a child. hate Madonna and her husband all you want. but leave the poor kids out of it.

SistaSara Guest
    it's pretty sad and pathetic that you people feel the need to trash her daughter. she is a child. hate Madonna and her husband all you want. but leave the poor kids out of it.
    I think that Lourdes is totally BEAUTIFUL...she just needs a lil eyebrow trim.. But considering the girl just turned 11...she is BARLEY old enough to be waxing her brows. So let's give her a couple of years to BLOSSOM into a young woman. I would hate if my tween years were analyzed.

And hopefully altho she looks a lot like her Mom - she turns out not to be a lot like her!

I would hate if my tween years were analyzed.
    Same here. Mine were a horror show.

SistaSara Guest
    even with her unibrow Lourdes is still prettier than i was at 11 :-(

I'm sorry but I think her daughter looks like Eddie Munster.

Noelle Page Guest
    I think Lourdes is stunning, a classic beauty....she looks, ironically, like a Madonna....the sort you see in old paintings. Those eyes!

endsleigh03 Guest
    I swear Lourdes is the secret love child of Noel Gallagher. The eyebrows are just wronggg!

This is the first pic I have seen of her in ages. Shes pretty now, but I think we may be talking stunning later. Her face shape, skin tone, mouth, everything. This will be cool to watch as she frows older. Oh, and I forgot her eyes, really lovely girl.

dirk diggler Guest

She needs a shave too..

MbalmR Guest
    I'm just trying to imagine being a chef in Madonna's kitchen: "here is a bag of grain, some root vegetables, tofu, and seaweed. Won't you be a dear and whip up something SPECIAL for my family for the holidays? It must be elegant, tasty, appealing to the eye, and above all you shall create a fabulous dish without the help of any fats, oils, salts, sugars, spices from certain regions of the globe to which I object, or using any electricity. We're banning electricity from this household next!!"

GrinReaper Guest
    I think it's unfair to judge Madonna unless you really know what's going on instead of just from the press. (And none of us know her personally or live there.)
    And she could be a lot lot worse like beating her kids or even killing them.
    There are a lot worse parents out there than Madonna.
    I sure wish my parents had restricted my TV habits growing up.
    Thank god I don't have one now! TV is gargabe anyway.

Cathy J. Guest
    I sure wish my parents had restricted my TV habits growing up.
    Thank god I don't have one now! TV is gargabe anyway.
    What you said pretty much sums up the current state of ALL media, not just TV.

Sure there is a lot more choices to pick from now but is it really? Everything it seems targets those under 30 because their money is "more important" than someone who is 50. Why?

The quality of TV despite its choices has gone down a lot in recent years. Look at some of those once good channels? The other night I noticed 10 channels with poker on them? Why? TV Land used to show "classic TV", now they are really no more different than anyone else. Unless one is a fan of Rachael Ray or a few other "celebrity chefs", one can forget about Food Network. Actually one can create a thread just on this subject alone. And the commericals, squeeze as many as they can now is the norm. Many shows no longer have theme songs.

Newspapers and many magazines feel they have to take sides on issues now. True its always been like that but today ever our local paper takes sides on issues that aren't even politcal. Car accidents? Our paper even takes sides on who is at fault now. Whatever happened to just reporting what happened? Do a story on AIDS reserach, some papaers bring up the issue of gay marriage. Whats the connection there? I can't think of any.

Radio is really bad. Everything is seems is tied into some master computer elsewhere. When one radio station airs a commerical, the others do the same at the same time. Can't be different I suppose. And radio can't understand why people are stop listening to them in favor of XM.

Music today is about the same. No variety !! Country music sounds the same enough so that I bet Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline and all the great ones would be rolling in their graves if they knew the product Nashvile puts out now. Nashville might as well change its name to "Los Angeles, Tennesee". and todays pop music, well...if it ain't hip hop one can pretty much forget it.

No wonder so many people today no longer have TV in the homes, radios in their cars, stop paying the big bucks to see a movie, no longer get the paper, etc...

It really does suck and whats more amazing is that it seems so many people who work in the business would agree to that but yet they fail in changing anything to make it better.

Its all about the all mighty dollar.
    Last edited by Cathy J.; 12-15-2007 at 11:46 PM.

MbalmR Guest
    I would never judge Madonna. (I still wonder what it would be like to be a chef in her kitchen, though.) I've heard that she's got an astonishingly high IQ, and she's obviously been very smart with her career. Not many celebrities can continually reinvent themselves with such aplomb.

Noelle Page Guest
    I do give Madonna credit for not plucking and waxing Lourdes at her young age. I hope she doesnt do it now that the kid's been teased on the internet.

the original "Hall of Fame" is in university park ny. its' members are/were chosen by the senate of nyu. some of the members include washington,franklin,morse,audobon,jefferson,clay,lee,fulton,lincoln,webster,grant,and etc.

any cash in that? shame aint it?

Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    I'm just trying to imagine being a chef in Madonna's kitchen: "here is a bag of grain, some root vegetables, tofu, and seaweed. Won't you be a dear and whip up something SPECIAL for my family for the holidays? It must be elegant, tasty, appealing to the eye, and above all you shall create a fabulous dish without the help of any fats, oils, salts, sugars, spices from certain regions of the globe to which I object, or using any electricity. We're banning electricity from this household next!!"
    She's afraid to get old is what Madonna's behavior tells me. Forcing other people to eat that yack-especially children who need a variety of nutrients in their diet to develop properly-is just a wrong and selfish attempt to maintain her youth. You're gonna get old honey, face it.

I'd tell her to go fuck herself then quit.