Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jessica Chambers~19 Set on fire

ozzysmom Guest

Jessica Chambers~19 Set on fire

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...-us/ar-BBgBgna

This is absolutely HORRIFIC! God rest her sweet soul.
    I can't wait until they catch the son of a bitch who did this!

Surveillance camera footage of her in her final hour.
    http://www.wave3.com/story/27586665/...o-arrests-made
    Last edited by ozzysmom; 12-10-2014 at 01:21 PM.

Christ!

I was wondering when this would become a thread.... thanks for making it one. My computer is all but non-working, and I just couldn't seem to get the link over here.

(From what I recall) -- she was supposedly meeting up with two of her "friends" -- very pretty (and naturally so... to me, anyway) and seemingly everything to live for.

What I recall most from the article (I can't follow those links provided, sorry) was that everything was burned but for the soles of her feet. I cannot.... as a parent, I cannot go there. Her father (again, if memory serves) is the one who said as much.

I'm still confused as to whether or not she was able to name her attackers (apologies if it's in the above-linked article) -- seems doubtful but in some cases, it seems a body stayed alive just long enough to do just that. Oh God, I hope so.

Dealing with some too-close-to-home issues of death at the moment myself, I've not commented much in our forum or anywhere else for that matter... death hasn't visited my family in so long I'd forgotten it could. I've been reminded now, God knows. But to lose a child in this way... makes me ashamed for my (continuous, seemingly) own tears. This happening to a child is just.... it would have to be the worst. I've so much sympathy and sorrow for her parents, there are no words to adequately convey how very sorry I am for their pain.

I'll watch this thread and I'll (quietly) celebrate when her murderers are caught and punished. I've no idea if there's a death penalty in that state or not, but this was, by all accounts, planned. And if that state has the DP in place and doesn't use it for the walking trash that took the life of this mother's child, then suffice to say they don't have it at all.

Thanks Ozzysmom for this. This story needs to be told, and more importantly, heard. I appreciate you making that possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

ozzysmom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TaupinJohn View Post
    I was wondering when this would become a thread.... thanks for making it one. My computer is all but non-working, and I just couldn't seem to get the link over here.

(From what I recall) -- she was supposedly meeting up with two of her "friends" -- very pretty (and naturally so... to me, anyway) and seemingly everything to live for.

What I recall most from the article (I can't follow those links provided, sorry) was that everything was burned but for the soles of her feet. I cannot.... as a parent, I cannot go there. Her father (again, if memory serves) is the one who said as much.

I'm still confused as to whether or not she was able to name her attackers (apologies if it's in the above-linked article) -- seems doubtful but in some cases, it seems a body stayed alive just long enough to do just that. Oh God, I hope so.

Dealing with some too-close-to-home issues of death at the moment myself, I've not commented much in our forum or anywhere else for that matter... death hasn't visited my family in so long I'd forgotten it could. I've been reminded now, God knows. But to lose a child in this way... makes me ashamed for my (continuous, seemingly) own tears. This happening to a child is just.... it would have to be the worst. I've so much sympathy and sorrow for her parents, there are no words to adequately convey how very sorry I am for their pain.

I'll watch this thread and I'll (quietly) celebrate when her murderers are caught and punished. I've no idea if there's a death penalty in that state or not, but this was, by all accounts, planned. And if that state has the DP in place and doesn't use it for the walking trash that took the life of this mother's child, then suffice to say they don't have it at all.

Thanks Ozzysmom for this. This story needs to be told, and more importantly, heard. I appreciate you making that possible.

Hugs and kisses headed your way, kiddo. Keep your chin up, we're all here if you need to vent xoxoxo

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Jesus. Lighter fluid poured down her throat? She was pretty. I bet they catch the dick that did this. Horrific.

Oh my God, that poor girl. It just makes me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by TaupinJohn View Post

Wow....what would possess someone to do something like this.

Hang in there TaupinJohn......good thoughts coming your way as well.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

This is terrible. I hope they solve this soon. And we do have the death penalty. We use it too.

TJ, much love and prayer my friend.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Sounds personal. Mortifying.. Ugh

The article I read said they found her walking down the road. Walking? Very sad and I hope they catch the person soon. I think they will if he was the one putting the gas in the container.

They said the police cleared the guy with the gas can. Definitely sounded solid though.

ozzysmom Guest
    If I was a first responder, I would need therapy, and lots of it, after seeing the poor girl walking down the street ON FIRE!

Awful horrible what happened to her. I hope they find the guy who did this to her.

What kind of monster would do this ? My God, what this poor girl went through just makes me sick. I hope they catch who did this.

Was just reading that a friend of hers is saying she knows who did it and posted a photo of the victim kissing a male. She said she knows 100% it was this guy. I looked up his name and all I could find were links to racist websites. Did a little more digging and came to what looks like his girlfriend's Facebook page and it he sent her a nice little love message on the 8th, so I dunno.

I can't stop thinking about this young lady and her family. So very sad. I just can't imagine what she went through in her last hours. I just won't. And her poor parents. I read that she had an older brother that died in a car accident a couple years ago too. I would die if this happened to my little girl.

ozzysmom Guest
    If she was my child.....just hand me a gun or put me in a padded room for the rest of my life. I would never be able to function after something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    I can't stop thinking about this young lady and her family. So very sad. I just can't imagine what she went through in her last hours. I just won't. And her poor parents. I read that she had an older brother that died in a car accident a couple years ago too. I would die if this happened to my little girl.
    It is one of those crimes that sticks in your brain. I can't shake it.

jjropes23 Guest
    Oh god I can't even imagine how much pain she was in and to have the gas poured down your throat is just horrifying.

I've been reading non stop on this and it's still hard to pick through what little information I can find. I'm leaning towards a romantic partner. Past or present. Social media is saying it out right but also burning is a very personal assault. I've read that the suspected attacker/s was riding in the car with her. http://www.clarionledger.com/story/n...fire/20082929/ From this article you can see in the crime scene pic that the car seems to have slid from the road and rested next to the pine tree pictured. It could also be slide marks from the recovery but the marks look to me that they were made at some speed. Some are obviously from the recovery though. I'm thinking maybe she was arguing with someone that got physical and attacked her. I've read comments on social media that she had been in and recently left an abusive relationship. I've also read that they have a suspect in custody but aren't releasing that information yet. On another note I've noticed in quite a few of her pictures that she seems to be high. And from a couple I'm thinking maybe more than just pot. This leads to believe she may have been running with the wrong crowd a bit and maybe wanted to get away from that. Lots of racial diversity in the social chatter. From seemingly opposite social types judging by speaking/writing styles. Not necessarily along racial division but social division. It's a very diverse demographic area. Maybe a good girl stepping out into the allure of the unknown type of thing. I believe this is going to be a sensitive case as for media reporting. Already tons of left/right sides reporting.

Hmm Where are the pics of her looking stoned? This sounds extremely personal to me. There was a bashing of her head. Huge wound. Could have been a rape and he bashed her, thought she was dead, left to get gas to burn up evidence. Maybe he thought pouring gas down her throat would burn her up quicker? Maybe it was part of some kind of sadistic torture? Or did the person have the gas first? If so that's planning and rules out anything random... meaning she knew her killer. I don't believe the father's story that she told the cops who did it before she died. That sounds more like one of those myths that goes around and morphs over time.

I'm really interested in this one too. Not just for the obvious evilness of it but because it's so damn weird. I want answers!!!

I'm just now learning of this horrific crime, I hope they string the bastard(s) up that did this. I don't think any of us are able to comprehend the horror this young lady went through, ugh! Unbelievable...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

24. 12-11-2014, 02:29 AM

From what I understand. this is personal.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

endsleigh03 Guest
    This is really really bad. She is gone but her family has to live with knowing how she suffered, forever.

i can't read, "...saw her walking down the road on fire..." without picturing it, and when I do that my heart sort of leaps. And not in a "My date's here!" kinda way. And although I realize that at no time was the ficticious "Carrie" (sk) on fire, it somehow reminds me of her walking down the road with a sense of purpose or something on her face. It's... well it's horrifying.

I've got three daughters and I cannot... my mind won't go there, either. To lose one would be a nightmare times eleventy billion. To know they suffered like that... well, good on my mind for not going there.

Was wondering if the, ah, allegation (?) that she named her attacker could be a sort of effort to get him to confess easier? I mean, for the animal who did this, there must be some part of him that thought he wouldn't be caught (or if it was done in the heat of the moment, he hoped so after the fact.) But hearing she named him, whether it's true or not, would surely help in a police investigation (i.e. "She said it was you, that's a matter of record. Help yourself and confess, son.")

In a lot of murder trials, I've noticed that, when the culprit is found guilty, when the family of the victim is asked to respond, they invariably (and understandably) say, "Sure we're glad, but it won't bring her back" -- words to that affect. The, ah, relief is minimal except for, perhaps, the relief that they no longer have to sit in court and re-live what happened to their child (which.... how they do THAT even is just... my god.)

I'm not going to write out a tired old, "If I got ten minutes with him, I'd [insert form of torture here]" because it's -- ::shrug:: I hate reading those. It's like listening (boredly, as well) to a child's fantasy or something. ("I'd hang them by their [insert sensitive body part] and burn them with [insert hot, metal object here] until they almost died, then bring them back [now they're God] and do it all over again [so... they'd become as awful as the perpetrator].") I've never wanted to do anything like that to anyone (but in cases like this one, it wouldn't wad my panties if someone else did.)

But I'll say this: She's gone, she's out of pain (oh thank God) which is something her parents will NEVER be, not completely. I hope he pays accordingly.

Some cases (Sylvia Likens was one, for me, as was Shandra Sharer) stick with me for ages (like the Eagles, "New Kid in Town" -- I will never forget them 'til somebody new comes along -- and even then, I never completely forget.) This one's like that for me.

I'm not seeing the significance in the "kissing selfie" posted -- I think selfies are kind of, ah, juvenille but hell, they're part of what kids do. So is kissing. Pouring gasoline down someone's throat and setting them on fire to burn alive, not so much.

I wonder how many times today (and today's gonna be a pip... going to see The Doctor From Hell) I'll think of this girl.... somewhere between a dozen and a hundred is my best guess. And I didn't even know her.

As long (and horrible, haha) as most of my posts are, even I can't think of a thing to add except to reiterate, "My god, those poor parents."
    Last edited by TaupinJohn; 12-11-2014 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Atrocious spelling (coffee iv clearly has a kink)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

Mr. Mister, please refrain from criticizing other members' post. If you don't like it, scroll past it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I really expected that when I woke up an arrest would have been made. This asshole or assholes better not get away with this. The only thing I can imagine that would be more terrifying would be getting buried alive but even then you wouldn't suffer nearly as long. They need to get this guy/guys/girl/girls and if their guilt is a 100% for sure kind of thing they should be burned to death just like they did to her. Only difference is that they get no medical attention. They just burn and suffer where they fall until they die. Leave what's left for the vultures. Grind up the bones and spread them in an undisclosed location. Then right before you leave piss on the ground up bones. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Mr. Mister, please refrain from criticizing other members' post. If you don't like it, scroll past it.
    Yes. I'm too emotionally invested in this case. I've pushed my luck and for that I apologize. And to Stewart I would also like to extend my apologies. Furthermore I apologize to the entire fad family for my disruption and disregard for the rules. I love this place and haven't done my part in maintaining a friendly welcoming environment.

If it wasn't a random rape or other act of insanity, then yes it was probably a significant other or a jilted suitor, given that level of rage toward the victim.

Yes. I'm too emotionally invested in this case. I've pushed my luck and for that I apologize. And to Stewart I would also like to extend my apologies. Furthermore I apologize to the entire fad family for my disruption and disregard for the rules. I love this place and haven't done my part in maintaining a friendly welcoming environment.
    I understand, but you just have to walk away from it sometimes,

Whatever motivates members to post what they do that doesn't break the rules is on them and we should leave it at that and move on.
    Last edited by cindyt; 12-11-2014 at 01:25 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I just read the cops haven't arrested anyone and don't expect to arrest anyone in the near future. That pretty much proves that whatever she said to first responders it wasn't who did it.

They're now saying she was not on fire when firefighters found her. They have accessed the phone and apparently have leads. Also there are some hints that drugs may have been involved. I already assumed as much and from viewing pictures of her it would seem to be something harder than pot.
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/11/us/mis...html?hpt=ju_c2
    Last edited by McMorbid; 12-11-2014 at 03:39 PM.

If that pudgy joke of a sheriff is the one in charge then this could very well go unsolved. I know many state and federal agencies offered their services. I do hope this sheriff is wise enough to step back and let the professionals handle it.

It is either a jealous ex girlfriend of the guy she was seeing or a jealous ex of hers. Or this could be another Shanda case, I am hoping it wasn't her two "friends" that did it.

I'm not ruling out the potential for a hate crime either. Due to the personal nature I'm leaning towards a jilted former lover. Could be a drug deal gone wrong.

I thought they would have arrested someone by now. I know that would have been quick but I thought it would be a quick open and shut. If this ends up being a stranger on stranger crime I would be shocked.

I read in a comments section on another site and they were swearing up and down that it was suicide. Suicide???

Obviously a highly right wing website so make of it what you will. Just thought I'd post this for everyone.
    http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...y-mississippi/

I'm thinking this girl was in over her head with drugs. Pretty little white cheerleader running with sign throwing thug types. Pictures of her looking high and a report of having been to rehab. Coming in from work and sleeping the rest of the day until she gets a phone call and then leaves dressed in pajama pants. This is a world I'm very familiar with. Women just don't have much place in that world other than addiction and supporting that addiction. Sounds sexist but it is what it is. Maybe a debt that wasn't paid? Or giving somebody a ride to the connection and something went wrong? There's just too much pointing in that direction. I really hate even speculating on this but lighter fluid/gasoline in her throat and mouth may have been an attempt to destroy biological evidence. Like I said I hate thinking that but I've been on the server side of drugs. From looking at her parents I'm thinking she wasn't spending their money. I hope I'm wrong. This young woman still deserves justice regardless of what she might have been up to. I pray she gets it.
    Last edited by McMorbid; 12-13-2014 at 12:43 PM.

I was reading about this a couple days ago and came across something similar Mc. I didn't post the site because it was extremely racist. Thanks for posting, that one has a lot more info than the one I saw.

No problem RiotBoots. That website has some far right leanings but they've put together a compelling set of facts. I knew as soon as I looked through some pictures of the victim that she was running with the wrong crowd. Seen it too many times.

He has addressed this on Facebook. He last updated with a response half an hour ago.

I think "wrong crowd" is an understatement. She was a murder waiting to happen.

Obviously a highly right wing website so make of it what you will. Just thought I'd post this for everyone.

I'm thinking this girl was in over her head with drugs. Pretty little white cheerleader running with sign throwing thug types. Pictures of her looking high and a report of having been to rehab. Coming in from work and sleeping the rest of the day until she gets a phone call and then leaves dressed in pajama pants. This is a world I'm very familiar with. Women just don't have much place in that world other than addiction and supporting that addiction. Sounds sexist but it is what it is. Maybe a debt that wasn't paid? Or giving somebody a ride to the connection and something went wrong? There's just too much pointing in that direction. I really hate even speculating on this but lighter fluid/gasoline in her throat and mouth may have been an attempt to destroy biological evidence. Like I said I hate thinking that but I've been on the server side of drugs. From looking at her parents I'm thinking she wasn't spending their money. I hope I'm wrong. This young woman still deserves justice regardless of what she might have been up to. I pray she gets it.
    Well said! I find it odd that the police are saying they don't anticipate an arrest any time soon, I can't help believe they already know who did it. Hopefully they're just getting their ducks in a row to make an iron-clad case. Sadly, the crowd she hung out with appear, shall we say "less than stellar".
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

The rumor among her social circle is that they now have a person in custody but are gathering physical evidence. Supposedly the she said the name Derek. Two people with no known connection to her have been questioned. One Erik and one Derrick. Furthering the speculation that she said that name is a local dealer and member of the gang she was known to have connections to is named Derrick. Can't remember the last name. I've been reading near non stop on this and information is spread out pretty wide. I hope they do have somebody but this is starting to look much bigger than one person. Whether direct or just in the scheme of it all. I can't help but wonder if she was working with the police. Cops use pretty young girls as informants quite often. Got me like that. It also got my stepsister murdered. By two associated gang members. One of which was at that time a friend of mine. These small town drug rings are mostly all the same and everyone into the scene knows who the players are. This seems organized possibly. It's very possible a crooked cop tipped off the big boys and orders trickled down. Happens all the time. At this point it's all speculation but I think I'm piecing together some rational scenarios. It's all familiar shit with the same ole stink.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B4wk0_KCQAIQ7QB.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	283.2 KB 
ID:	52030God I hope by that point she had been so severely burned hopefully she was in shock and felt no more pain. GOD the FEAR!! The fear and knowing you will probably die or if not, live horribly the rest of her life. I would pray for death, This case has stuck with me. I had a dream last night that it happened to me. Was terrifying. Absolutely terrifying. The only way I can justify someone doing this to another person would be if someone killed someone I love in a horrible manner. Like Charlie fucking Myers.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B4wE4ooCAAEcgUQ.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	52032Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B4vMErgIYAA9mD9.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	52031
    Last edited by RiotBoots; 12-13-2014 at 05:39 PM.

jjropes23 Guest
    Her nerve endings very well may have been burnt to all holy hell by then so possibly, one could only hope that she went into shock quickly to not feel it for long.

Doesn't sound like a drug deal gone bad at all. More like a set up in the form of a booty call. I'm stuck because I don't want to speak ill of this poor girl but my opinion on it calls her morality into question. And it's just speculation. I think she was playing musical chairs with every cock she could find... well every cock that wasn't white and someone got really really pissed about it. Whatever the truth she did not deserve what she got.

Here is a quote from her pastor in an article I read on msn. I dunno about you but this sounds like code for cock hungry. "Loved to be loved" mhm:

The Rev. Larry Kilgore of Crowder Baptist Church, about 15 miles from the funeral home where Chambers' funeral was held, said she talked with him about personal problems, but had a relationship with Christ.
    "Jessica was a young lady who just loved to be loved," he said.
    He didn't talk about Chambers' problems: "I will not expose her in death," he said.
    Last edited by StewartGilliganGriffin; 12-13-2014 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Doesn't sound like a drug deal gone bad at all. More like a set up in the form of a booty call. I'm stuck because I don't want to speak ill of this poor girl but my opinion on it calls her morality into question. And it's just speculation. I think she was playing musical chairs with every cock she could find... well every cock that wasn't white and someone got really really pissed about it. Whatever the truth she did not deserve what she got.

Here is a quote from her pastor in an article I read on msn. I dunno about you but this sounds like code for cock hungry. "Loved to be loved" mhm:

The Rev. Larry Kilgore of Crowder Baptist Church, about 15 miles from the funeral home where Chambers' funeral was held, said she talked with him about personal problems, but had a relationship with Christ.
    "Jessica was a young lady who just loved to be loved," he said.
    He didn't talk about Chambers' problems: "I will not expose her in death," he said.
    I'm thinking a combination of these two comments, if it makes sense. Maybe a jilted ex, or current crack hoe not happy with a cute little white girl taking her man and her dope. She may have talked him into it.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1678735/hac...vidence-found/

Mostly the same information as the link I posted up thread. Worth the read though.

Doughbake1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    If I was a first responder, I would need therapy, and lots of it, after seeing the poor girl walking down the street ON FIRE!
    Oh yeah, me too. If I saw that I'd be haunted and tormented by that memory til the end of my days. Poor girl, and only 19. The anguish of her parents is almost unimaginable to comprehend.

But at least McMorbid has supplied a glimmer of good news - that state has the death penalty and uses it. Let's hope the subhuman scum who did this is found and brought to trial.

How can anyone do something like this? It is just pure evil.

Personally, I'd not shed a single tear or utter a single word of regret if someone who cared for that girl does the same thing to the scum who killed her.