Thread: Kamala: The Rise and Fall of the Ugandan Giant

Kamala: The Rise and Fall of the Ugandan Giant

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...keeps-fighting

He was a truck driver from Mississippi, and became world famous as a "cannibalistic headhunter from Uganda"

He once pulled a gun on no other than Andre the Giant.

"Wrestling matches may be scripted, but much of the physicality is real. Still, the sting that followed a chair shot from Hulk Hogan or a head-butt from Andre the Giant was nothing compared to the pain Harris felt as he lay in that hospital bed back in the fall of 2011, when diabetes forced doctors to amputate his left leg."

ETA: Spoiler Alert, it appears Vince McMahon is a bit of a dick. Shocking, I know.

Kamala had to pay for all of his own traveling expenses. While stars such as The Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, had all of their traveling paid for by the WWE.
    I'm sure Kamala never got all of the money he was entitled too either. As he points out he was a poor man from Mississippi with a 9th grade education, I would bet the advantage taken of him was constant.
    Last edited by TheWrath of MadelineKahn; 11-24-2014 at 02:04 PM.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Oh shit I remember him!!! What a shame. This should be a cautionary tale. Watch your weight and diet!!! Especially for black males. They have a high tendency towards diabetes

Great article. Thanks for sharing. It's sad to see a mountain of a man have so much taken but he keeps such a great attitude considering.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

PurrPurr Guest
    This is just another example of thinking when we think things are bad, someone out there has it far worse. Yet they can keep a positive attitude.

5. 11-24-2014, 03:14 PM

I remember Classy Freddie Blassie as his manager. At one point Mean Gene Okerlund asked him "Where did you find this man?" Blassie answered "Where tha hell do ya think I found him?! I found him in Uganda!" LOL
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Bidmor Guest
    I remember Kamala when he wrestled in the Dallas territory, then owned by Fritz Von Erich. Yeah, as a kid Kamala quite scary.