Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting of Michael Brown

I'm sorry, but I can't even get behind the audacity of asking people to donate money so these people can rebuild their town... Which they themselves destroyed in a fucking riot. Are they serious?

This has not been a popular opinion, but if a cop is telling you to stop, you listen. If these two assholes had just gone along with the whole 'walk on the sidewalk' thing, Brown would likely still be alive. I'm unsure as to why people are acting as if this was some innocent kid who hadn't done anything. If you aren't complying with a command and you start fighting with a cop, chances are, you're going to get shot. This part isn't a racial issue to me. Charging a cop? Probably not a good idea. Armed or not, your actions are just inviting trouble. Is that not pure common sense?

2. 11-26-2014, 07:38 PM

Whether you agree with the original shooting or not, there is nothing good about a 17 year old lying dead in the street. There is nothing good about his mom coming out and screaming in anguish when she sees his body. This all started over a shoplifting incident and a couple of kids walking down the middle of the street and led to the shooting death of an unarmed kid. You can't change the death but the police and community can start talking to each other so it does not happen again. Bad stuff like this happens when the community and the police regard each other as being enemies as is evident in this situation. I support those peacefully protesting Brown's death but not those looting businesses or being violent (basically wrong and self-defeating).

Seagorath Guest
    Nancy Grace really moved me tonight...the way she pulled the deepest and most direct emotions out of the poor parents of Michael Brown. She is a magician...and the Queen of Television, peeps. Move over, Oprah.

Nah...Actually...I fuckin' hate Nancy Grace and wish she'd die.

Just my opinion of course but I think black people have set themselves back 100 years with this

http://news.yahoo.com/grand-jury-doc...223558856.html
    Last edited by Skiddledy Gumbo; 11-27-2014 at 02:31 AM.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Doubtful they set themselves back a hundred years.

If this leads to more body-cams for cops around the US, something was achieved. That would help enforce better, truer behavior on the part of cops. It would also weed out lying witnesses.

ETA: i support peaceful protest —i do not support utter mayhem & insanity.

I don't mean to suggest its time to party bc a person was killed. That is not, in any way, the case. With that said, I maintain that you can't ignore the fact that Brown & his friend made some dumb choices that ultimately contributed to Brown's death. Had they simply complied, I'm going to guess there would've been a far different outcome.

I'm not suggesting that some officers do not abuse their power. They do. There are crooked cops & government officials, no question. With that said, grouping this in to an 'us vs. them' situation doesn't solve anything. Quite frankly, I would go so far as to say that the black community needs to look at it's own leaders. Many do a great disservice IMHO by encouraging people to view themselves as victims.

there has certainly been plenty of injustice, but look at MLK & his protests. People marched on the side so as to disrupt the lives of others as little as possible. Now we have groups rioting in multiple cities, people lying down in the streets & blocking traffic, disrupting neighborhoods they don't even live in, making it impossible for some to even make it home in under 4 hours. This isn't going to open up dialogue about race relations in a positive light. If anything, it alienates people who may have agreed with you initially & then grew frustrated with antics that reek of self-indulgent children.

there are ways to improve race relations. Do I have all the answers? Not even close. Do I believe protesting in the manner that has been displayed over the past few days is one of them? Absolutely not.
    Last edited by sfcitygirl; 11-27-2014 at 05:19 AM.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sierrarose View Post
    Whether you agree with the original shooting or not, there is nothing good about a 17 year old lying dead in the street. There is nothing good about his mom coming out and screaming in anguish when she sees his body. This all started over a shoplifting incident and a couple of kids walking down the middle of the street and led to the shooting death of an unarmed kid. You can't change the death but the police and community can start talking to each other so it does not happen again. Bad stuff like this happens when the community and the police regard each other as being enemies as is evident in this situation. I support those peacefully protesting Brown's death but not those looting businesses or being violent (basically wrong and self-defeating).
    I think there's a lot of good about a 17 year old laying dead in the street. If that 17 year old is a 6'8" 280 pound thug that robs and punches a cop. How many other innocent people did this cop save from this thug bully? There's no telling. The world is a better place without him. His mother is a ghetto trash that is responsible for his death. More responsible than the poor cop that some people are blaming for defending himself and doing his job. If the people that supported the "peaceful" protests actually protested the black people in their community and rob and thug instead of protesting the cops doing their jobs and trying to make the streets safe for everyone we'd all support it. And until that change happens this will happen over and over and over again. I mean what are these protesters asking for? "Let our thugs do what they want with no consequences"? "Don;t arrest our black men even when they break the law. You whiteys keep the black men in prison so they can't be fathers. Let them do what they want."

Quote Originally Posted by sfcitygirl View Post
    ETA: i support peaceful protest —i do not support utter mayhem & insanity.

I don't mean to suggest its time to party bc a person was killed. That is not, in any way, the case. With that said, I maintain that you can't ignore the fact that Brown & his friend made some dumb choices that ultimately contributed to Brown's death. Had they simply complied, I'm going to guess there would've been a far different outcome.

I'm not suggesting that some officers do not abuse their power. They do. There are crooked cops & government officials, no question. With that said, grouping this in to an 'us vs. them' situation doesn't solve anything. Quite frankly, I would go so far as to say that the black community needs to look at it's own leaders. Many do a great disservice IMHO by encouraging people to view themselves as victims.

there has certainly been plenty of injustice, but look at MLK & his protests. People marched on the side so as to disrupt the lives of others as little as possible. Now we have groups rioting in multiple cities, people lying down in the streets & blocking traffic, disrupting neighborhoods they don't even live in, making it impossible for some to even make it home in under 4 hours. This isn't going to open up dialogue about race relations in a positive light. If anything, it alienates people who may have agreed with you initially & then grew frustrated with antics that reek of self-indulgent children.

there are ways to improve race relations. Do I have all the answers? Not even close. Do I believe protesting in the manner that has been displayed over the past few days is one of them? Absolutely not.
    Great post.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Doubtful they set themselves back a hundred years.

If this leads to more body-cams for cops around the US, something was achieved. That would help enforce better, truer behavior on the part of cops. It would also weed out lying witnesses.
    I don't think public opinion of blacks has ever been lower than it is now. We've had full civil rights and integration for 50 years and a black president for six years, yet the beat goes on. And I support the body cameras, but it makes no difference as far as this shit is concerned. As long as there is ONE case to latch onto, they'll keep it going.

Bidmor Guest
    This has not been a popular opinion, but if a cop is telling you to stop, you listen. If these two assholes had just gone along with the whole 'walk on the sidewalk' thing, Brown would likely still be alive. I'm unsure as to why people are acting as if this was some innocent kid who hadn't done anything. If you aren't complying with a command and you start fighting with a cop, chances are, you're going to get shot. This part isn't a racial issue to me. Charging a cop? Probably not a good idea. Armed or not, your actions are just inviting trouble. Is that not pure common sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    I think there's a lot of good about a 17 year old laying dead in the street. If that 17 year old is a 6'8" 280 pound thug that robs and punches a cop. How many other innocent people did this cop save from this thug bully? There's no telling. The world is a better place without him. His mother is a ghetto trash that is responsible for his death. More responsible than the poor cop that some people are blaming for defending himself and doing his job. If the people that supported the "peaceful" protests actually protested the black people in their community and rob and thug instead of protesting the cops doing their jobs and trying to make the streets safe for everyone we'd all support it. And until that change happens this will happen over and over and over again. I mean what are these protesters asking for? "Let our thugs do what they want with no consequences"? "Don;t arrest our black men even when they break the law. You whiteys keep the black men in prison so they can't be fathers. Let them do what they want."
    ^^These^^ I second.

I don't think there is anything good about what happened in Ferguson. An apparently violent young man is dead and will never have a chance to repent and walk straight. A cop will have to live the rest of his life knowing he killed someone--though he knows it was either him or that kid--and he may have to move because Times published his address. Business have been looted and burned and some of the store owners have lost everything and may never be able to recoup.
    Last edited by cindyt; 11-27-2014 at 10:16 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

All I have to say is Michael Brown chose to rob that store, he chose not to just walk away, he chose to punch the cop in the face twice, he chose to grab the cop's gun to try and take it away from him, he chose to walkaway while turning to the cop and putting his hand into his pocket, the cop chose to draw his weapon after telling them to walk away, he chose to draw his gun when his life felt threatened, he chose to shoot Mr. Brown, when he thought Mr. Brown was going for a weapon. He did his Job, Mr. Brown could have chosen to not rob the store, not hit a cop, not take his gun and not walk away while putting his hand in his pocket. The people of Ferguson are choosing to destroy their neighborhood by looting and rioting, they should all have to work to pay to fix up their city and not ask for handouts, looting and rioting does not solve anything, neither does hitting a cop or trying to take his gun. If someone is going to act like a dumb, forgive me for saying this, I mean it in the uneducated, stupid way, N****r then they deserve to get shot.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I don't think there is anything good about what happened in Ferguson. An apparently violent young man is dead and will never have a chance to repent and walk straight. A cop will have to live the rest of his life knowing he killed someone--though he knows it was either him or that kid--and he may have to move because Times published his address. Business have been looted and burned and some of the store owners have lost everything and may never be able to recoup.
    Well said Cindy. I can't say this young man would've changed for the better but I refuse to believe he couldn't have. I've lived a life of crime and thuggery that would likely make him look like a model citizen but I served my time and turned my life around. Maybe he would've too. But I do agree that he brought this on himself. The police officer acted in self defense and ultimately he had to end this young man's life. It's still sad.
    And this negative view of the black community is not caused by the aftermath of this event. I would guess it's something inside of the people taking that view. How could I take such a narrow view of an entire people over the actions of so few? But that's a whole separate topic. We as a whole need to learn to accept diversity and not lump everything together or choose what qualifies as acceptable based on our individual preferences. This wasn't the actions of the black community. It's the actions of criminals and opportunistic hoodlums. Those crowds were comprised of more than just one race.
    Last edited by McMorbid; 11-27-2014 at 11:21 AM.

Last edited by cindyt; 11-27-2014 at 01:48 PM. Reason: fixed link

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddledy Gumbo View Post
    I don't think public opinion of blacks has ever been lower than it is now. We've had full civil rights and integration for 50 years and a black president for six years, yet the beat goes on. And I support the body cameras, but it makes no difference as far as this shit is concerned. As long as there is ONE case to latch onto, they'll keep it going.
    Yeah, it's pretty low at the moment, but it's been low forever.

That is unfuckingbelievable.

If I were Off. Wilson, I would not be saying "I would do it again". I was involved once in a car accident where someone died (not my fault). I have thought about that incident a million times over and what I could have done differently to make it not happen the way it did. He could have said "I did what I felt I had to in the situation but I am sorry that this ended in a death".

I still stand by my belief that the Ferguson law enforcement community could have handled this a lot better and shown some feeling for the victim's family. 17 years old is too young to decide someone is worthless and the world is better off without them. In fact, any age is too young for that (there are obvious exceptions like Osama bin Laden)

Some people walk down the middle of the street because the street is all they have in this world.

It would be a better world if people would not assume that black youth are automatically dangerous. It would also be a better world if people realize the "no snitch" rule is ultimately destructive for everyone.

i grew up in Detroit. My late father was a police officer and served during the 1967 riots. I have seen how violence, racial misunderstanding, and hatred brought a once proud area to its' knees. Years later and Detroit is just beginning to recover. i hope Ferguson takes a lesson from that and moves ahead with the desire to make things better.
    Last edited by sierrarose; 11-27-2014 at 03:44 PM. Reason: better phrasing

That's the whole problem, Sierra Rose. FIFTY YEARS OF RIOTING! Nobody ever signed on your that shit to be permanent. Meanwhile, Latinos come here not even speaking English and immediately get ahead of blacks! Why? Because they work! And let's not even talk about Asians!

jjropes23 Guest
    Wow, just wow. So much for equality and fairness for all... I wonder if Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King Jr. would be ashamed of how scummy black men and women have gotten? Not to say all are but way more than none at all. As another said, fix your home first and the world will follow.

So much for equality and fairness is right. The black friends that I have were upset and disgusted by that. They said it does nothing to help blacks who are honest decent people who abide the law. People who have that mentality makes it worse for them, and they are right.

That's the whole problem, Sierra Rose. FIFTY YEARS OF RIOTING! Nobody ever signed on your that shit to be permanent. Meanwhile, Latinos come here not even speaking English and immediately get ahead of blacks! Why? Because they work! And let's not even talk about Asians!
    You are making it sound like there has been continual rioting for the past 50 years when there hasn't been. Latinos and Asians came here of their own volition. That is a big difference than being enslaved. Although this country has made a lot of improvement, you can still see fragments of this in racial profiling and the way people make generalizations about black youth.

But how many of us on here have had shit lives through and through, blame nobody but ourselves, and still put on our shoes to go to work every day, pay our bills, go grocery shopping to eat, and see tomorrow as another day? How many of us have been fucked over by loved ones and still don't have chips on our shoulders?
    Last edited by Squishy; 11-27-2014 at 10:41 PM.

jjropes23 Guest
    You are making it sound like there has been continual rioting for the past 50 years when there hasn't been. Latinos and Asians came here of their own volition. That is a big difference than being enslaved. Although this country has made a lot of improvement, you can still see fragments of this in racial profiling and the way people make generalizations about black youth.
    No offense but just because they were brought in as slaves a long time ago doesn't mean they have to stay in America, in this day and age with a little effort you can move to most countries and become a citizen. Also as for the examples you used that came here of their own volition, it isn't necessarily always that they came here to great conditions. Asian's that came here during the 1800's were often horribly mistreated, beaten terribly because of racism, weren't allowed to vote, and were called cruel names just like black men and women that endured it all before and during the civil rights movement. However it doesn't end there as slavery and human trafficking still exists today except it isn't one group, it's from all over the world including young women and sometimes young men of all colors in the United States. Point is that as Skiddledy said, everyone and every race has had their own problems but you don't see them acting like this (looting, terroristic threats, burning buildings) because they didn't hear what they wanted to hear. While yes there are instances of racial profiling but it's not just toward one race, also to be honest while I won't say all black youth are thugs and gang bangers there are enough that ruin it for those that aren't. To blame someone for being cautious in this world is unfair for everyone as the black community do the same thing, not right to tell one group yes and another no because this world is insane and as death hags we all know this for a fact. I apologize if this seems like an attack against you or anyone else but maybe having an honest open dialogue without name calling or attitude could help more than everything that's being done right now. We are all human beings that bleed the same color but a lot of what's going on right now is ebbing closer and closer to re-segregation which will just set us back 50+ years, do we really want that to happen or can we all please try to get along and figure out solutions to truly move forward toward the future?

Sierra, one ethnic group makes up 13 percent of the population and commits 51 percent of the murders, and then complains bitterly about being profiled. No there has not been "continuous rioting" but there has been one continuous SLOW-MOTION riot, which at any moment can accelerate into a traditional riot. This has to stop, and Whitey will no longer accept the blame for it. Most non-blacks agree about that.

Gotta love the irony of MLK asking white people to get involved in the civil rights movement via A Letter From A Birmingham Jail... 50 years later, these so-called activists are saying don't get involved unless we're about to get arrested. Then you're of some use. Seriously?

Sierra, one ethnic group makes up 13 percent of the population and commits 51 percent of the murders, and then complains bitterly about being profiled. No there has not been "continuous rioting" but there has been one continuous SLOW-MOTION riot, which at any moment can accelerate into a traditional riot. This has to stop, and Whitey will no longer accept the blame for it. Most non-blacks agree about that.
    You should check out the rape statistics based on race. There is something off there and no one talks about it.

You should check out the rape statistics based on race. There is something off there and no one talks about it.
    Entire years go by in this country when not one white man rapes a black woman!

One thing you'll see a lot on message boards is blacks claiming that whites are child molesters, but that's absurd. Blacks molest children at a vastly higher rate than whites do. It's estimated that 60 percent of black girls are molested by adult black males.

The social pathologies in the black community are staggering in scale, but it's always Whitey did this and Whitey did that.
    Last edited by Skiddledy Gumbo; 11-28-2014 at 05:54 AM.

29. 11-28-2014, 06:30 AM

How did we go from the Michael Brown shooting and it's aftermath to the condemnation of the African American community? This can't be very welcoming to potential minority members.
    Would it be offensive if I roasted a marshmallow on this burning cross?

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    How did we go from the Michael Brown shooting and it's aftermath to the condemnation of the African American community? This can't be very welcoming to potential minority members.
    Would it be offensive if I roasted a marshmallow on this burning cross?
    After the resultant rioting, how are you going to claim that those are separate topics? And why do blacks have to be fans of "the Rev." Al Sharpton?

I'm sorry, but I can't even get behind the audacity of asking people to donate money so these people can rebuild their town... Which they themselves destroyed in a fucking riot. Are they serious?

Yep. Agreed.

The point here is that blacks are rioting over something that isn't even a flyspeck compared to their real problems, and nobody is even allowed to mention their real problems. Who could be out of touch enough to think that's a good course of action?

After the resultant rioting, how are you going to claim that those are separate topics? And why do blacks have to be fans of "the Rev." Al Sharpton?
    I personally feel that this isn't the place to attack a group of people with assumptions and predispositions. Just as I wouldn't condemn white people for the actions of a few people that owned slaves or raped children. I refuse to be so narrow minded.
    Last edited by McMorbid; 11-28-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Heads up to all of you:

#1: We enforce respect here for any race or culture or religion or sexual orientation and it doesn't matter what some of those groups have done.

Rule 4: You are not allowed to personally attack anyone that posts here. You are not allowed to use or endorse racist, homophobic, sexist, or other hateful speech, outside general remarks about groups made up of public figures - i.e., politicians and celebrities.

#2. We have black members on here and we want them to feel safe and comfortable during their visits, but they can't do that with posts like some of you are making.

#3: Treat others the way you would have them treat you, because everything you say boomerangs, doncha know.

#4. If you want to bash races and cultures and such create your own forum.
    Last edited by cindyt; 11-28-2014 at 08:40 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

endsleigh03 Guest
    Thank you, Cindy.

[QUOTE=sierrarose;1481637 This all started over a shoplifting incident and a couple of kids walking down the middle of the street and led to the shooting death of an unarmed kid. [/QUOTE]

Shoplifting? That's one way to put it. Of course another way and a far more accurate one at that is strong armed felony robbery. Also, I think the term "kid" somewhat diminishes the fact that he was 6'5 and 300 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    Shoplifting? That's one way to put it. Of course another way and a far more accurate one at that is strong armed felony robbery. Also, I think the term "kid" somewhat diminishes the fact that he was 6'5 and 300 lbs.
    Yes. Robbing the store and walking down the middle of the street are not the things that got him killed. It was attacking the officer.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    Isn't it amazing that if the shopkeep was to arm himself and protect himself and his property, which is his right.....none of this would be an issue.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Isn't it amazing that if the shopkeep was to arm himself and protect himself and his property, which is his right.....none of this would be an issue.
    Ummmmm actually, it would be another Trayvon case, and hopefully people would be dropping dead chain smoking Swisher Sweets in his honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    Ummmmm actually, it would be another Trayvon case, and hopefully people would be dropping dead chain smoking Swisher Sweets in his honor.
    Squishy,your last post was very moving but since when was Trayvon caught shoplifting that night. All he did was come to the attention of an idiot trying to be Clint Eastwood for the night. All you "I have a right to defend myself types", where was Trayvon's right to stand his ground? Suppose he felt fearful of a strange dude following him that night?

The difference is in feeling uncomfortable and being in danger of losing your life.

Squishy,your last post was very moving but since when was Trayvon caught shoplifting that night. All he did was come to the attention of an idiot trying to be Clint Eastwood for the night. All you "I have a right to defend myself types", where was Trayvon's right to stand his ground? Suppose he felt fearful of a strange dude following him that night?
    Stand your ground doesn't include assault and attempted murder by bashing someone's head on a curb.

I wanted to share this with you- it's somewhat related.

We've had a similar situation brewing in my beloved hometown where a white cop shot an unarmed black man- don't know all the details so I can't pass judgement. When the police chief was taken to task for checking his phone during a press conference regarding this guy, here was his response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7MAO7McNKE

This is what a frustrated police chief sounds like. And where is the outrage over the little girl?
    Last edited by DietCokeofEvil; 11-28-2014 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Changed link to a better one.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Bidmor Guest
    A picture is worth 1000 words it is said. So here's teenager Michael Brown taking the cigarillos and pushing the store clerk around...not exactly a shrinking violet:

Not someone I would want to mess with armed or unarmed !

My point is, I remember being a teenager with the attitude that I would not do a moment of time for acting like an asshole because I was a minor! I assumed juvie would be like a summer camp, a chance to band up with other like minded little assholes. I outgrew it, went to work, pay my taxes. Some people do not have my luck. If that shop keeper would have shot that kid, that shopkeeper would be in prison right now. From the pictures I have seen, I would have put Michael Brown in his mid twenties with his size and weight. Do we expect LEO's to card before shooting? Do we want our kids to think it is okay to assault people? Would you sit and let Michael Brown beat the tar out of you knowing nothing can be done about it? How about a gang of kids ransacking your house, and nothing can be done, because they cannot physically restrain "minors"? Imagine that scenario. We need to teach our kids to respect those around them.

weirdgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    I wanted to share this with you- it's somewhat related.

We've had a similar situation brewing in my beloved hometown where a white cop shot an unarmed black man- don't know all the details so I can't pass judgement. When the police chief was taken to task for checking his phone during a press conference regarding this guy, here was his response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7MAO7McNKE

This is what a frustrated police chief sounds like. And where is the outrage over the little girl?
    What a well-spoken man. I admire his ability and choice to express his feelings in the manner that he did. Thank you for sharing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    A picture is worth 1000 words it is said. So here's teenager Michael Brown taking the cigarillos and pushing the store clerk around...not exactly a shrinking violet:
    What I see in this video is:
    A. Michael Brown showing no respect for the law.
    B. Michael Brown reaching out, grabbing and shoving an authority figure who is attempting to stop him.
    C. Michael Brown returning to the confrontation when he could have continued to walk away.
    D. Michael Brown appearing very comfortable using his size & body posture to indicate that the individual who is attempting to stop him faces increasing physical danger should their conflict continue.

From what I understand, he then repeated this exact same series of behaviors with Officer Wilson. Apparently this approach has worked very successfully for Brown in the past. It did not work very successfully with Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    My point is, I remember being a teenager with the attitude that I would not do a moment of time for acting like an asshole because I was a minor! I assumed juvie would be like a summer camp, a chance to band up with other like minded little assholes. I outgrew it, went to work, pay my taxes. Some people do not have my luck. If that shop keeper would have shot that kid, that shopkeeper would be in prison right now. From the pictures I have seen, I would have put Michael Brown in his mid twenties with his size and weight. Do we expect LEO's to card before shooting? Do we want our kids to think it is okay to assault people? Would you sit and let Michael Brown beat the tar out of you knowing nothing can be done about it? How about a gang of kids ransacking your house, and nothing can be done, because they cannot physically restrain "minors"? Imagine that scenario. We need to teach our kids to respect those around them.
    It wasn't luck Squishy, it was a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdgurl View Post
    What a well-spoken man. I admire his ability and choice to express his feelings in the manner that he did. Thank you for sharing that.

What I see in this video is:
    A. Michael Brown showing no respect for the law.
    B. Michael Brown reaching out, grabbing and shoving an authority figure who is attempting to stop him.
    C. Michael Brown returning to the confrontation when he could have continued to walk away.
    D. Michael Brown appearing very comfortable using his size & body posture to indicate that the individual who is attempting to stop him faces increasing physical danger should their conflict continue.

From what I understand, he then repeated this exact same series of behaviors with Officer Wilson. Apparently this approach has worked very successfully for Brown in the past. It did not work very successfully with Wilson.

It wasn't luck Squishy, it was a choice.
    The crusade for this hoodlum looks more and more foolish every day.

http://news.yahoo.com/cnn-investigat...152339045.html

I was reading that the vast majority of protesters being arrested are not locals. That tells me that likely the majority of the damage to infrastructure is being caused by people that don't actually have to live with the aftermath. I wonder when the people of Ferguson will grow tired and stand against the violent and destructive protests? People are coming from all around the country to participate and apparently quite a number are causing some long term problems. Are the locals not aware of just how serious this is? Maybe they just can't stop it? It's their resources being destroyed and their economy that will take the grunt of the blow. This whole situation from beginning to end is ridiculous. Obviously the people stirring this pot are lining their pockets. The media outlets and the race baiting organizers should be held accountable. Especially the organizers. When will people wake up and realize that they're being manipulated? People like Al Sharpton and his band of activists need to disappear and quit feeding off the ignorant.

I would love to see the people of Ferguson open a class action lawsuit against Sharpton and his crew.

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    I was reading that the vast majority of protesters being arrested are not locals. That tells me that likely the majority of the damage to infrastructure is being caused by people that don't actually have to live with the aftermath. I wonder when the people of Ferguson will grow tired and stand against the violent and destructive protests? People are coming from all around the country to participate and apparently quite a number are causing some long term problems. Are the locals not aware of just how serious this is? Maybe they just can't stop it? It's their resources being destroyed and their economy that will take the grunt of the blow. This whole situation from beginning to end is ridiculous. Obviously the people stirring this pot are lining their pockets. The media outlets and the race baiting organizers should be held accountable. Especially the organizers. When will people wake up and realize that they're being manipulated? People like Al Sharpton and his band of activists need to disappear and quit feeding off the ignorant.

Just remember the "Freedom Riders" of the 1960s civil rights movement. They were considered out of town agitators also when what they were were people moved by the situation and wanting to do something about it. i don't care for Al Sharpton but not all "outside" people have nefarious motives. The three young college students murdered by the Klu Klux Klan? Viola Liuzzo? These people are heroes because they got involved. It's easy to assume people are out for themselves but not everyone.