Thread: Tommy Ramone

gottaqhfilly Guest

You beat me, gottaqhfilly! Last of the original members, although he was not in the band all that long. When most people visualize "the Ramones' drummer", they are thinking of Marky.

RIP

stranger_than_strange Guest
    Love The Ramones.Thanks for the music

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    What a shame. I didn't even know he was sick. And they all died so young. You'd think at least one of them would have made it to 80 or something. I mean Dee Dee was the only hardcore drug user. Punk is my favorite genre of music, and in my opinion(which is always right :P) is that Ramones were the first punk band. The death of the birth of punk. RIP Tommy.

RIP
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

RIP

Running out of brothers. RIP.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

desertangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    What a shame. I didn't even know he was sick. And they all died so young. You'd think at least one of them would have made it to 80 or something. I mean Dee Dee was the only hardcore drug user. Punk is my favorite genre of music, and in my opinion(which is always right :P) is that Ramones were the first punk band. The death of the birth of punk. RIP Tommy.
    Well said! When I was in rehab sometime back in the early 80s a few of us would occassionally break out in song and sing the chorus "I wanna be sedated" much to the chagrin of staff. All Hail The Ramones and long live their music!

The last one....so sad...RIP brother. Scott must be sad today
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Running out of brothers. RIP.
    The only Ramones still living at this point are Marky, Richie, and C.J., none of whom were there at the beginning.

endsleigh03 Guest
    RIP.

Three of four taken by cancer. 49, 52, and 62. Or 65 depending on the article.

Did they all get exposed to something or coincidence? I will always wonder. Maybe the walls at CBGB's were leaking toxins, they played there endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    RIP.

Did they all get exposed to something or coincidence? I will always wonder. Maybe the walls at CBGB's were leaking toxins, they played there endlessly.

Anything is possible, I suppose, but I would chalk it up to small sample size. As far as I know, nobody in Blondie or Television died young of cancer. Although Willy Deville did die fairly young of pancreatic cancer, and Mink Deville were the house band at CBGB.

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    RIP.

Three of four taken by cancer. 49, 52, and 62. Or 65 depending on the article.

I wonder the same thing. Odd that 3 of the 4 died of cancer. Yet Keith Richards goes on and on and on......

Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    Yet Keith Richards goes on and on and on......
    RIP Tommy, thanks for the music.

I think Keith died years ago.

As soon as he sobers up\comes down he's just going to go all stiff and stuff and fall right over.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    I wonder the same thing. Odd that 3 of the 4 died of cancer. Yet Keith Richards goes on and on and on......
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    RIP Tommy, thanks for the music.

I think Keith died years ago.

As soon as he sobers up\comes down he's just going to go all stiff and stuff and fall right over.
    That guy has a cockroach's genes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MissZoot Guest
    Well, shit, this means I'm officially OLD. All of the original Ramones gone. Thanks for the music, guys, and for being less-than-photogenic but still AWESOME.

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    That guy has a cockroach's genes.
    Stolen!

Forever-27 Guest
    Last of the greats, Finally the band is back together. Im so glad I got to see them live 3 times, The Ramones were the only band Ive ever known that could bust out 6 songs in under 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxster View Post
    Stolen!
    Probably. Provenance unknown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know what you mean ! I can live with being old. Lol ...The good thing is the music never gets old !

Quote Originally Posted by MissZoot View Post
    Well, shit, this means I'm officially OLD. All of the original Ramones gone. Thanks for the music, guys, and for being less-than-photogenic but still AWESOME.
    I always thought that Dee Dee was very photogenic. There was something about him. He might not have loved the camera but there is just something about the pictures of him.

1-2-3-4

MissZoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    I always thought that Dee Dee was very photogenic. There was something about him. He might not have loved the camera but there is just something about the pictures of him.

1-2-3-4
    To me, that "something" was an eerie resemblance to Richard Ramirez in most pictures, but I suppose he really wasn't that bad-looking, especially compared to Joey.

Quote Originally Posted by MissZoot View Post
    To me, that "something" was an eerie resemblance to Richard Ramirez in most pictures, but I suppose he really wasn't that bad-looking, especially compared to Joey.
    I'm not sure why I feel the need to note that I'm not gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) but before life took it's toll on him he was a good looking guy IMO.

He was good enough looking to have been able to sell it on 53rd and 3rd.