Thread: John Spinks (The Outfield)

Post John Spinks (The Outfield)

John Spinks guitarist and songwriter for 1980's pop/rock band The Outfield died Wednesday July 9, 2014 of liver cancer

Quote Originally Posted by 428rocker View Post
    John Spinks guitarist and songwriter for 1980's pop/rock band The Outfield died Wednesday July 9, 2014 of liver cancer
    A bit of a one hit wonder, but they had a nice sound. RIP

I guess everyone has their own definition of a one hit wonder I personally loved their debut album " PLAY DEEP " not a bad song on the whole album imo

gas_chick Guest
    They had couple of catchy songs back in the day. He was too young!!!

Wendy A. Guest
    Seen the Outfield in 87' when they opened for Night Ranger... I got a beer and a towel from them, I thought that was pretty damn cool at the time. Rip Sir!

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    Seen the Outfield in 87' when they opened for Night Ranger... I got a beer and a towel from them, I thought that was pretty damn cool at the time. Rip Sir!
    That's pretty cool! I have a Night Ranger CD in my car stereo as we speak.

That sucks about John Spinks. Liver cancer is a rough way to go. His suffering is over and I hope he has found peace.

MissZoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    Aaaand I read that as "a tear in the bowel", which didn't seem too cool to me.

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    That's pretty cool! I have a Night Ranger CD in my car stereo as we speak.

That sucks about John Spinks. Liver cancer is a rough way to go. His suffering is over and I hope he has found peace.
    Yeah I hear its a sucky way to go poor guy!

Quote Originally Posted by MissZoot View Post
    Aaaand I read that as "a tear in the bowel", which didn't seem too cool to me.
    Thanks for the laugh! I really needed that!