Page 1 of 14 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharon Tate 2

Sharon Tate 2

The original had over 13,000 posts--way due a close. A hefty thread makes for a slow download on some browsers. Bookmark the old or use the original URL for easy access for reference and reading http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...05-Sharon-Tate
    Last edited by cindyt; 06-24-2014 at 10:26 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The book on Sharon by Debra is really beautiful. One of the worded recollections is by Warhol actress Viva who describes meeting Sharon at Jane Fonda's home in July of 69, she says Sharon was very pregnant and she was with her husband and names Roman Polanski. We all know that would not have been the case, I'm thinking she might mean Jay Sebring, which would be more likely the person she would have been with. I'm sure Debra read everything that went into the book, I'm surprised she overlooked it. Then again, who knows if the story is even true.

Yarb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    The book on Sharon by Debra is really beautiful. One of the worded recollections is by Warhol actress Viva who describes meeting Sharon at Jane Fonda's home in July of 69, she says Sharon was very pregnant and she was with her husband and names Roman Polanski. We all know that would not have been the case, I'm thinking she might mean Jay Sebring, which would be more likely the person she would have been with. I'm sure Debra read everything that went into the book, I'm surprised she overlooked it. Then again, who knows if the story is even true.
    I was also wondering about the credibility of this story. Maybe it's just my overwhelming cynicism, but I think Viva was just joining in with everyone else and trying to somehow include herself in the story and legacy of the killings. For instance, Scott was telling us in Helter Skelter how Alan Young (AKA Wilbur from Mister Ed) said he was supposed to be at Cielo Dr. on the night of the killings. . . and we obviously know he wasn't. People want to be included and feel connections to important events, especially something of this magnitude.

I tend to agree with you on that point. Barbara Parkins says on the audio commentary of Valley Of The Dolls that she had also been invited that night, and like countless others had to decline. I think it's rather pathetic that people would want to lie about their supposed connections to the the tragedy, it's sick in a way.

I tend to agree with you on that point. Barbara Parkins says on the audio commentary of Valley Of The Dolls that she had also been invited that night, and like countless others had to decline. I think it's rather pathetic that people would want to lie about their supposed connections to the the tragedy, it's sick in a way.
    Anything for attention, donchaknow.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mammy Guest
    Can you even imagine how many people were "supposed to be" in the World Trade Center or the hijacked planes after September 11? It seems like a lot of people want to insert themselves into nearly every tragedy, even in a small way.

It's called attention whoring. Needy folks who've gotta get it any way they can. They should see a good therapist instead.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    It's called attention whoring. Needy folks who've gotta get it any way they can. They should see a good therapist instead.
    I agree!

9. 06-25-2014, 08:49 PM
    Reason
    dupe

I listened to Jillian Barberie's ' I think it's a radio talk show. Jillian Barberie's show I think it was Barberie . Debra Tate and her daughter Arieana were guests on her radio talk show in Los Angeles. they were talking about the Recollection book. they had it recorded on a facebook page For Sharon Tate they talked about Sharon and Debra visiting her on the sets of Don't Make Waves and Valley of The Dolls and how it got Debra to become a make up artist in Hollywood the interview lasted 37 minutes.
    Last edited by ROBERT63; 07-07-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Yarb Guest
    Yeah it's funny that basically anyone who had even the slightest connection with the victims had been "invited" up there that night. Sharon and the gang sure did behave strangely that evening considering that such an epic Hollywood party was going down. To begin with they didn't even leave El Coyote until around 10:30. Then upon arriving back at Cielo Dr. the women put on sleeping clothes and Voytek passes out on the couch. And I guess Sharon told her own sister not to come over because she was so worried about entertaining all of these other "guests". I'm sure a lot of women love playing hostess at midnight when they're almost 9 months pregnant. But yeah, I think I've made my point - it's pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Can you even imagine how many people were "supposed to be" in the World Trade Center or the hijacked planes after September 11? It seems like a lot of people want to insert themselves into nearly every tragedy, even in a small way.
    Another example was all of those celebrities who "just happened" to be in Dallas the day Kennedy was shot. Oh lets see..Chubby Checker, Dick Clark, Luciile Ball, George Burns, The Beach Boys, Bob Hope, Ted Turner, Connie Francis, Barbara Streisand, Peter Paul & Mary.....that list was endless. All pretty much it was the same story...they were on the parade route "not far" from the Texas School Book Depository and after waving to JFK and Jackie they walked away only to hear the shots ring out. Now in their defense a lot of this stuff were for some stupid reason made up by their fans and rather than calling them liars the celebrities either said nothing and/or went along with the ride. I think the Beach Boys did this. First they said they were in Dallas that day but many years later had said they weren't.
    Last edited by choff; 06-26-2014 at 07:18 AM.

I still can't get over Alan Young claiming to have been invited over ! For what, drugs ? So bizarre. I'm glad you mentioned El Coyote, I've been at odds over that for years. I personally don't think that they were there. The waitress who claims to have served them couldn't identify them when shown their photos..hmm. And I have never heard anyone say that they saw them there. It would be easy to say, Sharon love your films, Jay said he would cut my hair, Abigail, I drink nothing but Folgers. Plus, I can't see Sharon wanting Mexican food, when for the most part she was probably feeling unwell due to the heat and her advanced state. If she turned down her sister's request, and Sheila Wells inviting her to dinner at her home(wonder if that story is true) because she was to tired, me thinks they stayed in that night. The story has become urban legend. I wonder.
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 06-26-2014 at 07:30 PM.

So now Debra is trying to stop ... get this.... a sex tape mockery ....

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/25/manson...n-tate-sister/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yarb Guest
    I'm glad you mentioned El Coyote, I've been at odds over that for years. I personally don't think that they were there. The waitress who claims to have served them couldn't identify them when shown their photos..hmm. And I have never heard anyone say that they saw them there. It would be easy to say, Sharon love your films, Jay said he would cut my hair, Abigail, I drink nothing but Folgers. Plus, I can't see Sharon wanting Mexican food, when for the most part she was probably feeling unwell due to the heat and her advanced state. If she turned down her sister's request, and Sheila Wells inviting her to dinner at her home(wonder if that story is true) because she was to tired, me thinks they stayed in that night. The story has become urban legend. I wonder.
    You know I really am to the point where nothing involving this case could ever surprise me. In my mind, I always considered them eating at El Coyote the one thing we could actually pinpoint and say for sure happened that night, but who knows? It is odd that the waitress didn't remember them. I do recall hearing that several people claimed seeing Sharon's crew eating there, but they could just be hopping on board with everyone else and trying to include themselves in the story. I guess the only thing we can say for sure is that they, at the very least, planned on going there since Jay Sebring's name was on the reservation list.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    So now Debra is trying to stop ... get this.... a sex tape mockery ....

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/25/manson...n-tate-sister/
    Truly horrifying.

Scott plainly states on his findadeath Sharon Tate profile that
    On the night of August 8th, 1969, Sharon and company ate what was to be their Last Supper at the El Coyote Mexican Restaurant, on Beverly Boulevard.
    He goes on to say the reservation was in Jay Sebring's name. IIRC Scott has seated himself at the very table that ate at that night, but don't hold me to it.

Good enough for me.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Did you notice on the running commentary that BARBARA PARKINS not only said that she was suppose to be at 10050 on the night of the murders but also that she was in London and spoke to ROMAN after he found out about the murders but before he flew back ?
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    Did you notice on the running commentary that BARBARA PARKINS not only said that she was suppose to be at 10050 on the night of the murders but also that she was in London and spoke to ROMAN after he found out about the murders but before he flew back ?
    Haha. For Heaven's sake.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yarb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    LMAO wow. I've actually never listened to the commentary on Valley of the Dolls, but I might just have to after learning this.

Your right about not being surprised, I could even say I was invited over that night, a 14yr.old, 3000 miles from home just looking for a party ! As for a Manson Family XXX video,that's beyond horrifying.

dcg76 Guest
    I wasn't even born yet, but I was suppose to be on Cielo Drive that night. I'm glad I didn't go. I could be dead right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dcg76 View Post
    I wasn't even born yet, but I was suppose to be on Cielo Drive that night. I'm glad I didn't go. I could be dead right now.
    Lol.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I heard Jacqueline Susann who had breast cancer joked if she had been there at Sharon's that night she wouldn't have to worry about those treatments she was taking.

Alan Young & Sharon Tate....

Found this on a blog for Sharon's family and friends....unfortunately it ain't very much at all.

http://sensationalsharontate.blogspo...-and-rock.html

It had a few interesting facts, I would check it out on occasion, but there has not been any activity since 2012. This is a great Sharon site for photos http://sharontate-polanski.tumblr.com/

It had a few interesting facts, I would check it out on occasion, but there has not been any activity since 2012. This is a great Sharon site for photos http://sharontate-polanski.tumblr.com/
    Thanks for sharing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I read somewhere once that she WAS in London at the time of the murders .. she must have forgotten !

If only all those people had been there, it would probably would have been too many there for Tex, Pat and Susan to kill. and maybe Sharon and her child's life could have been spared. a tabloid claimed Steve McQueen was suppose to be there that night too.

I was watching Valley Of The Dolls.. again ! I've always wanted to know who the actress was who replaced Neely O'Hara in the play near the end of the film. IMDB has now given a full cast list,many uncredited including Richard Dreyfuss ! The actress in question is Jennifer Gan, known before that as Ginny Gan, I was surprised to find she had her own Wikipedia page ! Her career lasted only from 1964 to 1972... no year of birth, but lists her passing in Sept. 2000. So far I can't find anything that gives a cause of death. Just curious, naturally.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GinnyGan1967front.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	51035

Her given name was VIRGINIA GAN. She was born March 2, 1938 in Detroit, MI where she grew up. She was a successful model in America & in Europe. From what I've been able to find her body was cremated but her family doesn't want to acknowledge where or what were done with them.

Thanks KELT ! I would have thought she was around Sharon or Patty Duke's age. If you can find any photos from her modeling days I would love to see them, she was very striking. It's odd her family would be so secretive, makes you wonder if she came to a tragic end. Found an article that mentions her dating some guy while she was making a movie..The Manson Murders are mentioned, sounds like she was with the "in" crowd, but then it was the 60's. http://www.qm21.com/mystical7.html
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 07-07-2014 at 09:14 PM.

They did a interview with the father of the crazy chick" Star" that wants to Marry Charlie Manson. her real name is Afton Burton her father is 45 and says he has no problem with his daughter marrying the 79 year old infamous killer. he trusts her judgement. Hmmm marry Charlie Manson...... ok. Star once even shaved her head and carved an X in her forehead like they did during the trial.

Video no longer available.
    Last edited by Mister Josh; 11-10-2018 at 12:02 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wonderful that they honored Sharon, but the presentation was kind of cheesy. I still think she deserves a star on The Walk Of Fame.

Interview of Sharon Tate's neighbor Seymour Kott ......

Video no longer available.
    Last edited by Mister Josh; 11-10-2018 at 12:02 PM.

Tex Watson says Manson told them to go in every house on Cielo and kill every body not just Sharon's house. The Kotts and other neighbors were very lucky Watson didn't do it.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Yeah and Kriss Jenner said she could have saved Nichole Simpson too.

They easily could have killed The Kotts, it was just the two of them. The Asin family had at least 2 kids, a son and a stepdaughter. The son called to his father when Mrs. Chapman came to get help, and the girl apparently arrived home after 1am and didn't see or hear anything unusual. Talk about a close call !

How can anyone not have heard all that screaming especially by Voytek and Abigail after they ran out. and the gunshots. you had 5 people being slaughtered around the corner.

As I'm sure you've read Robert63, some people did hear, called the police even but apparently because the area is a series of canyons etc, none could actually pinpoint from where the screams, gunshots originated.

I met Jim Asin when we were both filming a documentry for Fox News a few years back - he said he had been up late that night and was sleeping by an open window - but his room was down a flight and facing away from the Tate house, so he knew nothing until Winnifred Chapman ran screaming to him the next morning.
    "The gore of the tomato dribbles from your lips..."-Brother Theodore

I'll bet that window was closed and locked the next night ! Greg, do you know how long the Kott's or the Asin's remained on Cielo after the murders ?

I don't Mansfield, sorry. I do recall Jim saying that he was out of the house within a few years after that, so imagine his parents stayed for a while.
    "The gore of the tomato dribbles from your lips..."-Brother Theodore

Thanks Greg, I wonder how both families felt after that, not just the murders, but the constant stream of the curious that came after. I myself would be a little unnerved by that, especially at night.

Kim Kartrashian probably would say she was invited to Sharon's that night, except that she's too dim to know who Sharon Tate was. She'd probably say "Who's Sharon Tate?"

Always wondered that too........there is no way they couldn't have heard what was going on there....it wasn't THAT far.....

Interesting blog that attacks Brie "Tate" and the book Restless Souls... plus a photo of Patti's oldest daughter Brooke and her husband, none of the sisters children look like the Tate side of the family, though Brie is trying hard to resemble Sharon, without much luck ! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	certaldo.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	51170 http://brietate.blogspot.ca/

Well this Col. Scott guy has been attacking Debra on his blog for years. for some reason he absolutely hates Debra Tate and also for some reason can't stand it because Debra gets publicity and is continuing the job her mother Doris started over 30 years ago. he and his buddy Alisa have tried to drag Debra's name through the mud. so if some one creates a blog bashing Alisa and Brie it is only fair. I think Recollections has gotten far better reviews than Restless Souls ever did.

Restless Souls was muddled mess, I'm sorry I wasted my money on it. On the flip, Recollections is a beautiful book celebrating her life and career... money well spent !

Restless Souls was muddled mess, I'm sorry I wasted my money on it. On the flip, Recollections is a beautiful book celebrating her life and career... money well spent !
    I am going to buy Recollections. It appears Restless Souls is more of a joke.

You will love it. Debra displayed taste and class putting this book together, a lovely tribute to her sister. Forget the other one, trash and exploitation of the Tate family.