Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 850 of 1133

Thread: Station Nightclub fire in West Warwick, Rhode Island 2

  1. #801
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,232
    I agree, Gabe. It hurts. Some survivors and family members did see him as a scapegoat. Others just did not have forgiveness. I am not sure which way that I would have gone because I was not in that situation. I recently looked at his page and he does have two young children. He looks like he has found happiness, but I know that he really seems like the type of guy that will always have this disaster on his mind.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

  2. #802
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    8
    Hey guys! I just really wanted to thank you all for all of the information you've all provided. I was about 6 years old when the fire happened, but I have distant memories about it. My mom was reeeeeally deep into it & researched it for a solid two months before taking a solid break from it all. It really affected her emotionally. I've always known about it, but it wasn't until recently that I found myself getting sucked into the same hole of research that my mother did 13 years prior. She worries a lot about me continuing, but I just can't stop! I have no clue what it is, but I'm just drawn to it. I've learned so much! Anyways, thank you all! I hope to see this thread come back to life again!

  3. #803
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Tizzie View Post
    Hey guys! I just really wanted to thank you all for all of the information you've all provided. I was about 6 years old when the fire happened, but I have distant memories about it. My mom was reeeeeally deep into it & researched it for a solid two months before taking a solid break from it all. It really affected her emotionally. I've always known about it, but it wasn't until recently that I found myself getting sucked into the same hole of research that my mother did 13 years prior. She worries a lot about me continuing, but I just can't stop! I have no clue what it is, but I'm just drawn to it. I've learned so much! Anyways, thank you all! I hope to see this thread come back to life again!
    You should turn your mom onto this thread, she could be lost in it for a week. It is weird how certain events can suck us in. Like you, I have this deep fascination in this event. I think it might be tied to the fact that most of us can relate to being in a stuffy packed concert venue/ bar and know that at some point this could of been us.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  4. #804
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    8
    Oh noooo, she could never. She wouldn't sleep again! I'm not fully sure -what- exactly pulled me in, but the video was certainly a contributing factor. It's -so- difficult to watch. I originally discovered this thread while looking for IDs of the people in the before video. It took me nearly a month to finish, but I made it! It's a shame that no one seems to be around as much. I'm also not sure I have anything else to contribute other than that I'm certain that the red shirt girl isn't Pam or Sarah. This girl looks like she's in her early 20s maybe even late teens & that everyone that she comes in contact with in the before video seemed to also be around the same age. I could be wrong, but I think the only reason she got out was because she wasn't at the front anymore when the gerbs went of. I, of course, am likely wrong, but I didn't see her in the front anymore when the concert started. I also think, though I -seriously- hope I'm wrong, that you see Pamela Gruttadauria in the 'after' videos. As they are rushing people into the ambulance you see a very petite person, who appears to have everything from the neck up burned, being rushed into the ambulance. It's all so, so sad... I also weirdly find myself drawn to particular victims, which to be honest makes me feel -very- guilty... I don't know.. It's just all very sad.



    *and Scott V. is a prick.

  5. #805
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,232
    Welcome Tizzie. Wow - is the video that you are talking about on youtube? Poor Pam didn't even want to go there that night. I kind of feel that one of the biggest draws of this fire is that there is a before video. It tends to be a bit more painful than watching the actual fire because you see these people having a great time and you know what is about to happen to them. As you look at them, you realize that they have know idea what you already know
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

  6. #806
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    Welcome Tizzie. Wow - is the video that you are talking about on youtube? Poor Pam didn't even want to go there that night. I kind of feel that one of the biggest draws of this fire is that there is a before video. It tends to be a bit more painful than watching the actual fire because you see these people having a great time and you know what is about to happen to them. As you look at them, you realize that they have know idea what you already know
    It's absolutely tragic. & yes! It took a little searching, but I found it. I have no proof that the person is Pam, it's really anyone's guess. I just thought it was her as the person looked to have very similar injuries and looked rather small. Here's the video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI0clra15Ac the person is wheeled past at about the 3:20 mark.

  7. #807
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    Welcome Tizzie. Wow - is the video that you are talking about on youtube?
    It's from the footage by Greg Best. Mike Vargas appears around 2:55 and the woman (I THINK it's a woman) around 3:25. Luckily, youtube now has slow-mo. It helps a tiny bit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI0c...feature=relmfu

    In another clip, the atrium area collapses at 55 seconds and a man is wheeled out from 1:10 to 1:56. In the old thread, either LLC or Mammy got a clear screen shot of him and posted it for everyone to see. He was not identified.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S4-1XNUWk0

  8. #808
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by RodentLady View Post
    It's from the footage by Greg Best. Mike Vargas appears around 2:55 and the woman (I THINK it's a woman) around 3:25. Luckily, youtube now has slow-mo. It helps a tiny bit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI0c...feature=relmfu

    In another clip, the atrium area collapses at 55 seconds and a man is wheeled out from 1:10 to 1:56. In the old thread, either LLC or Mammy got a clear screen shot of him and posted it for everyone to see. He was not identified.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S4-1XNUWk0

    Yeah I remember seeing some of that video live the news station cut just before it collapsed

  9. #809
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by RodentLady View Post
    It's from the footage by Greg Best. Mike Vargas appears around 2:55 and the woman (I THINK it's a woman) around 3:25. Luckily, youtube now has slow-mo. It helps a tiny bit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI0c...feature=relmfu

    In another clip, the atrium area collapses at 55 seconds and a man is wheeled out from 1:10 to 1:56. In the old thread, either LLC or Mammy got a clear screen shot of him and posted it for everyone to see. He was not identified.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S4-1XNUWk0
    Yep! That was the video I was referring to. It could honestly be anyone, but Pamela always came to mind for me.

  10. #810
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,232
    Wow, you've got a great eye to see it. It seems as if the person is rolled by so quickly. I just can't tell.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

  11. #811
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    8
    Oh! I also just finished reading Killer Show & I was a little confused by something... I was always under the impression that only 4 people died in the hospital ( Linda, Kelly, Mitchell, & Pamela.), but it briefly mentions Kevin Anderson being sent to two different hospitals, dying in the later. Also, thank you so much for the warm welcome!

  12. #812
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    113
    Tizzie posted the video first, but her comment hadn't been approved yet when I replied.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tizzie View Post
    I was always under the impression that only 4 people died in the hospital ( Linda, Kelly, Mitchell, & Pamela.), but it briefly mentions Kevin Anderson being sent to two different hospitals, dying in the later. Also, thank you so much for the warm welcome!
    It's a mistake. The Grand Jury testimony of Dr. LaPosata does not mention that anyone else died in hospital. I imagine that would be important. The governor stated that no one died in the immediate aftermath after being transported from the scene. Barylick even contradicts his own words:

    Page 139: "...Anderson had been at the hospital, but was immediately airlifted to a burn center...died shortly thereafter..."

    Page 124: "None died at the triage center or during transport. That only four of all those transported died later (days, weeks, or months later) is a testament not only to the superb hospital care they received..."

    OOPS!

    Generally speaking, Barylick's book is wonderful and I am grateful for it. I wish his staff would have done a more thorough job of fact-checking. It's not difficult to do, it's just tedious. Look at how much this little thread has confirmed and debunked !
    Barylick's refusal to acknowledge that the woman he claimed was Dina Demaio was actually Jenn Choquette is unconscionable.

  13. #813
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by RodentLady View Post
    Tizzie posted the video first, but her comment hadn't been approved yet when I replied.



    It's a mistake. The Grand Jury testimony of Dr. LaPosata does not mention that anyone else died in hospital. I imagine that would be important. The governor stated that no one died in the immediate aftermath after being transported from the scene. Barylick even contradicts his own words:

    Page 139: "...Anderson had been at the hospital, but was immediately airlifted to a burn center...died shortly thereafter..."

    Page 124: "None died at the triage center or during transport. That only four of all those transported died later (days, weeks, or months later) is a testament not only to the superb hospital care they received..."

    OOPS!

    Generally speaking, Barylick's book is wonderful and I am grateful for it. I wish his staff would have done a more thorough job of fact-checking. It's not difficult to do, it's just tedious. Look at how much this little thread has confirmed and debunked !
    Barylick's refusal to acknowledge that the woman he claimed was Dina Demaio was actually Jenn Choquette is unconscionable.
    Oh! Thank you! I thought it was pretty strange... It seemed there was a lot of misinformation in the book. You'd think Barylick would recognize Jen. I still really enjoyed reading the book, it was so heartbreaking. I'm still on the search for more stuff to read about the fire, but I feel my resources are drying up. I'm happy to see people returning though!

  14. #814
    Quote Originally Posted by Tizzie View Post
    Oh noooo, she could never. She wouldn't sleep again! I'm not fully sure -what- exactly pulled me in, but the video was certainly a contributing factor. It's -so- difficult to watch. I originally discovered this thread while looking for IDs of the people in the before video. It took me nearly a month to finish, but I made it! It's a shame that no one seems to be around as much. I'm also not sure I have anything else to contribute other than that I'm certain that the red shirt girl isn't Pam or Sarah. This girl looks like she's in her early 20s maybe even late teens & that everyone that she comes in contact with in the before video seemed to also be around the same age. I could be wrong, but I think the only reason she got out was because she wasn't at the front anymore when the gerbs went of. I, of course, am likely wrong, but I didn't see her in the front anymore when the concert started. I also think, though I -seriously- hope I'm wrong, that you see Pamela Gruttadauria in the 'after' videos. As they are rushing people into the ambulance you see a very petite person, who appears to have everything from the neck up burned, being rushed into the ambulance. It's all so, so sad... I also weirdly find myself drawn to particular victims, which to be honest makes me feel -very- guilty... I don't know.. It's just all very sad.



    *and Scott V. is a prick.
    Are you able to screenshot/screen grab this part where you say you saw Ms. Gruttadauria. I don't think I have eyes as good as everyone else but maybe I could look and see.

  15. #815
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,232
    There were some discrepencies in Mr. Barylick's book. The biggest one is Jenn Choquette.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

  16. #816
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    8
    Originally Posted by bustakita
    Are you able to screenshot/screen grab this part where you say you saw Ms. Gruttadauria. I don't think I have eyes as good as everyone else but maybe I could look and see.


    Take two! Hopefully I can get this image... If this posts twice I'll take care of it immediately! If memory serves me right this individual is confirmed to be female. I vaguely remember Mr. Vargas mentioning he was in an ambulance with two injured women. It's also assumed that this is the same woman who Mr. Vargas mentioned was behind him & reached over him for the fire fighters. Who she is, is still anyone's guess. I always just thought it was Pamela because the injuries were all quite similar.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cindyt; 07-27-2016 at 09:49 PM.

  17. #817
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    113
    From the notes for that page about Kevin Anderson, it seems most likely that John Barylick cited a Providence Journal article titled, "With Photos In Hand, Families Hold Out Hope" by Tom Mooney, Linda Borg and Amanda Milkovits from Feb 22, 2003. I looked for it on archive.org, ixquick and google. No results.

  18. #818
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    8
    Thanks for the welcome! & Thank you Rodent for the info!

  19. #819
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by RodentLady View Post
    From the notes for that page about Kevin Anderson, it seems most likely that John Barylick cited a Providence Journal article titled, "With Photos In Hand, Families Hold Out Hope" by Tom Mooney, Linda Borg and Amanda Milkovits from Feb 22, 2003. I looked for it on archive.org, ixquick and google. No results.
    The Providence Journal website has an archive section. I found the link to this article in a text search, but you have to pay to access the full article.

    Here is the PJ archive search page: http://www.newslibrary.com/sites/pjri/

  20. #820
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Azusa, California
    Posts
    8,204
    Rock n Roll died the night of the Station fire.

  21. #821
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    173
    A sign of the times: the Station Fire Memorial site is now a PokeStop.

    http://www.providencejournal.com/new...w-warwick-site

  22. #822
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by dionyzus View Post
    A sign of the times: the Station Fire Memorial site is now a PokeStop.

    http://www.providencejournal.com/new...w-warwick-site
    I don't think it's that bad, it certainly raises awareness of what happened there.

  23. #823
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    113
    Sarah Ballard is loving life in her second sky dive:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlT53nvShHg

    In an earlier vid, she said she has a baby girl.

  24. #824
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    lurking in the shadows
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    I don't think it's that bad, it certainly raises awareness of what happened there.
    I don't think it's bad either, obviously the info needs to be corrected though.
    Last edited by Hel_Eljudnir; 08-20-2016 at 02:52 PM. Reason: I need to learn to type gooder lol
    "Cattle die, kindred die,
    Every man is mortal:
    But the good name never dies
    Of one who has done well"
    The Hávamál

  25. #825
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,933
    Some Pokestops actually give you a little history lesson on it

  26. #826
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,232
    It's really kind of strange. I look at that site now and it looks so peaceful just sitting there in the sunshine. It is kind of hard to look at it and imagine what a horrible tragedy took place there. I sure hope that the survivors get the memorial soon.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

  27. #827
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Some Pokestops actually give you a little history lesson on it
    I agree. It gives people a new opportunity to expose themselves. I understand the respect stuff and it is true. But if two people out of twenty go back home and do some research. The same people who will be going to clubs or are in clubs. It will help. Plus a new generation learns names and carries on the respect.

  28. #828
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,232
    I do see the point of Gina Russo and some survivors seeing it as a strange place for a Pokeman stop. They have direct ties to the tragedy and have strong feelings about the area. However, I have read that a lot of people are learning new history of places because of Pokeman, so it is really hard to say. I think that it is true that new people should learn about the area and what happened there. I honestly don't know what to say.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

  29. #829
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    It's really kind of strange. I look at that site now and it looks so peaceful just sitting there in the sunshine. It is kind of hard to look at it and imagine what a horrible tragedy took place there. I sure hope that the survivors get the memorial soon.

    The memorial is happening, but it takes time. And its some drama between members and early members in the group who is working on that memorial

  30. #830
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrica View Post
    The memorial is happening, but it takes time. And its some drama between members and early members in the group who is working on that memorial
    really??? What kind of drama???

  31. #831
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    14
    Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. Sadly, I had not paid attention to this fire until the recent tragedy in Oakland.. Then I kept seeing people talk about it and decided to poke around.. FAD is of course - #1 on google sources for it. I just read the entire first thread plus a lot of the links provided.. ( a lot were taken down unfortunately).. Anyway, I have some questions and observations, but I am going to wait until I read all 17 pages of this thread to post.

    Thanks!
    ~Belley

  32. #832
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,655
    Hi Belle and welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  33. #833
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    14
    Thanks for the welcome! Over the last few days - I have read BOTH forums. I am sort of proud of myself.. like 7-8k posts.

    I finally read them all.. of course, some things are a blur.

    Was the identity of the courage hero seen grabbing people out of the door in the baseball hat and black tshirt - ever figured out? I think he moves the radio van later on.. I will post screengrabs... or better yet, does this site support gifs? Because I bet I can make one of him, if needed.

  34. #834
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    47
    The Oakland fire has opened this wound up again for many, I'm afraid...

    Prayers all around.

  35. #835
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    14
    But I think I figured out who that is..

    And if I am right.. it makes sense that he jumped up there with such courage and confidence..

    I have been googling and Jordan Clark and David McGinn are listed as the interns for the radio station. McGinn's father was a firefighter!!

    Whoever the dude in the black is - has my deepest respect and admiration... He is incredible! I will post the screenshots (and maybe if I am allowed -- a gif) of the guy once I am approved to post!



    eta: pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by belle234; 12-08-2016 at 11:38 PM. Reason: added picture/screenshot

  36. #836
    Quote Originally Posted by krystleann View Post
    The Oakland fire has opened this wound up again for many, I'm afraid...

    Prayers all around.

    I agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by belle234 View Post
    But I think I figured out who that is..

    And if I am right.. it makes sense that he jumped up there with such courage and confidence..

    I have been googling and Jordan Clark and David McGinn are listed as the interns for the radio station. McGinn's father was a firefighter!!

    Whoever the dude in the black is - has my deepest respect and admiration... He is incredible! I will post the screenshots (and maybe if I am allowed -- a gif) of the guy once I am approved to post!



    eta: pictures
    You could be right!!!
    Last edited by bustakita; 12-11-2016 at 02:28 PM.

  37. #837
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,232
    Welcome Belle!
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

  38. #838
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by bustakita View Post
    I agree.



    You could be right!!!
    I don't want to invade his privacy too much, but I really think it is him! It is interesting how different people's eyes - gravitate towards different people when watching the video. I zoned in directly on him because he was so brave and took charge without skipping a beat.

    I read both threads and kept waiting for him to be identified.. In the beginning, when you guys would discuss someone who was rescuing people and helping them out - I kept thinking that he might have ended up dying..

    It actually wasn't much work at all to find him (if it is him). It took me less than 45 minutes!

    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    Welcome Belle!
    Thanks, Noelle!

  39. #839
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I’m in ur house eatin ur cheetoz
    Posts
    1,320
    I think I remember him being mentioned in the old thread. If my memory serves me right, he was an intern with the radio station that was there, and he could be seen in the pre-fire video.

  40. #840
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    47
    Where along in the video are those screenshots grabbed from?
    TIA

  41. #841
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    I think I remember him being mentioned in the old thread. If my memory serves me right, he was an intern with the radio station that was there, and he could be seen in the pre-fire video.
    Yes. And from what I read there were two male interns: David and Jordan Clark.

    Quote Originally Posted by krystleann View Post
    Where along in the video are those screenshots grabbed from?
    TIA
    So sorry it took a minute for me to get back to you. You can see him jump over the railing at 2:10. A few seconds later - black smoke pours out of the door way and he moves over to the window/panels to the left and starts helping people out of that. He really is incredible in this.

  42. #842
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,655
    Quote Originally Posted by RodentLady View Post
    Tizzie posted the video first, but her comment hadn't been approved yet when I replied.



    It's a mistake. The Grand Jury testimony of Dr. LaPosata does not mention that anyone else died in hospital. I imagine that would be important. The governor stated that no one died in the immediate aftermath after being transported from the scene. Barylick even contradicts his own words:

    Page 139: "...Anderson had been at the hospital, but was immediately airlifted to a burn center...died shortly thereafter..."

    Page 124: "None died at the triage center or during transport. That only four of all those transported died later (days, weeks, or months later) is a testament not only to the superb hospital care they received..."

    OOPS!

    Generally speaking, Barylick's book is wonderful and I am grateful for it. I wish his staff would have done a more thorough job of fact-checking. It's not difficult to do, it's just tedious. Look at how much this little thread has confirmed and debunked !
    Barylick's refusal to acknowledge that the woman he claimed was Dina Demaio was actually Jenn Choquette is unconscionable.
    His statement is correct, triage is when they first come into the crisis center, and when injuries are assessed they deem where to send the burn victims, so he died after being taken to the burn center, he didn't die during transport nor did he die at the hospital,
    Shortly thereafter could be days.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  43. #843
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    I think I remember him being mentioned in the old thread. If my memory serves me right, he was an intern with the radio station that was there, and he could be seen in the pre-fire video.
    Who are we talking about? The only intern I saw in the pre-fire vid was Jill Malinowski. Where is a good pre-fire video that can view anymore? The one I used to go to doesn't appear to be up on YouTube anymore.

  44. #844
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD USA
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by RodentLady View Post
    From the notes for that page about Kevin Anderson, it seems most likely that John Barylick cited a Providence Journal article titled, "With Photos In Hand, Families Hold Out Hope" by Tom Mooney, Linda Borg and Amanda Milkovits from Feb 22, 2003. I looked for it on archive.org, ixquick and google. No results.
    Hi Folks, I am new to forum, had no idea it was out there til I was looking for info on Matthew Pickett's DAT and here I am. I have not been through all the posts yet but thought I might get a start here. Please bear with me if I am duplicating info already discussed. I loved the Barylick book but had noticed a possible discrepancy in the info about Kevin Anderson. The only male victim that had passed in a hospital as far as I could tell was Mitchell Shubert. When I discovered the Public info with all the Witness Statements and Grand Jury statements, I saw a ME Transmittal List from which I think Kevin Anderson is Victim 8069 based on Jay Kingston's Numbering Scheme. So I don't think Kevin was ever at a hospital or burn unit.

  45. #845
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    19
    I am still making my way through the first Station thread. (I'm the lone hag in the prior thread... "1 member viewing this thread" & I feel guilt and idk what to do with it...)

    I just want to say that I have respect for the dead and I am so truly sorry for the victims of this tragedy, and for anyone directly affected by it.

  46. #846
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,933
    Welcome aboard

  47. #847
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Frank Drebin View Post
    Who are we talking about? The only intern I saw in the pre-fire vid was Jill Malinowski. Where is a good pre-fire video that can view anymore? The one I used to go to doesn't appear to be up on YouTube anymore.
    There is a copy of the Butler pre-show video on the Google drive, under the link Contents Not From Original Hard Drive.

    And for convenience, here is a direct link to the video stored there: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1F...ew?usp=sharing

    Merry Christmas everyone!

  48. #848
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    His statement is correct, triage is when they first come into the crisis center, and when injuries are assessed they deem where to send the burn victims, so he died after being taken to the burn center, he didn't die during transport nor did he die at the hospital,
    Shortly thereafter could be days.
    The burn units were all in Massachussetts. If Kevin Anderson had been transported out of Rhode Island, his death would have been recorded there.



    Frank Drebin: OH, NO! Have the fire videos been purged off of youtube?! Now that you mention it, I think it's been a few months since I've received any notifications of replies in the threads I had participated in from the comments section under the "before" video. I hadn't thought about it until now.

  49. #849
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    19
    I still haven't made it all the way through thread #1 (nowhere near!, but I've read all of this thread) so I apologize if this is well known information but I am curious as to what happened to Brian Butler after this. I tried (not very hard, opted to ask you guys here) searching for information about him but all I could find were results related to this tragedy. As I mentioned, I didn't put in an exhaustive search or anything because I figured you guys would have more info.

    I guess what I was wondering is if he still works in news and if he has talked at length about the fire, or the video, way after the fact. I have read the statements he gave immediately after the fire. And I, like many others, don't see him in any way at fault and so the whole thing about the $30m settlement makes me wonder about his mindset after the fact.

    I wonder about all the victims but I haven't seen anything written/mentioned about BB after the fire.

  50. #850
    RodentLady, The pre-fire video posted by Chiefrunningdrunk is no longer up. I did find a pre-fire video, but it was even crappier in quality than the video that we all know. I don't think you could have identified Mario Giamei in it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •