Thread: Girl Missing for 25 years, search reopened

Girl Missing for 25 years, search reopened

Kidnapped? Murdered? Runaway?

[SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2] [SIZE=2]http://www.startribune.com/local/west/259885731.html[/SIZE]

Lots of activity around the old home place.
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    "When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself."
    -Anonymous

It appears the cops think she may be buried there. What a strange case. The mom and dad seem a little weird.

Yeah they do. In addition to other things not only did the wife not take the husband's name when they got married, but she gave the daughter her last name. I've never seen that when the parents are married, it's always been the father's last name.

I do find it a little suspicious that first they said she might have wandered off after having a migraine to now she is a sex slave. If she had wandered off I am sure she would have been found by now. I don't know about the sex slave story but it'd be pretty crazy if she had really been taken from a gas station in Osseo, when her parents were right around. And at such a random place. That kidnapper has really perfect timing.

lisalouver Guest
    The police have said that the parents are not suspects.

I really dont understand what is going on - why search their property if they are not suspects?

The facebook page for the stepdad is very odd - he talks about Jacob Wetterling (a very famous missing child from MN from the same year as Amy disappeared) and says in his posts to look for the signs.

I did a little digging on the Dad, he worked for the University of MN here for many years and a few years back tried to sue them because he claimed he could not work in their building as it caused his allergies and asthma. The U let him telecommute from home for months and then ordered him back to work at a new building that was better. He refused and they kept him on for months trying to find a resolution for him to return to work as his job could no longer be accomplished from home. Eventually, they told him he would be AWOL if he did not return. He was considered a resignation when he didnt return after being told to do so. He didnt win his suit BTW.

I dont remember this case as I was already in the Navy b 1989, but its been said that the parents sold all her clothing a week after she went missing at a yard sale and did extensive landscaping soon after in their backyard. The Mom is off her nut too, they always said that Amy was mentally ill, biopolar, had run away many times, had seizures, etc.

No one disappears on their own at age 13.

I wonder what they are doing there too. They said they expect to be there until Friday! And they also cordoned off a tennis court in the neighborhood? What good will a public outdoor tennis court be after 25 years? Very weird behavior of the parents if they did sell her clothes that fast. And the landscaping? Who worries about that when they think their kid has been kidnapped?

That guy sounds a little shady. Is he the step-father? Everything I have read and heard they have said straight out "John Doe (cant remember his name) is her father." But why wouldn't she have his name? I was assuming step-father too and was very confused by it. I had also heard that he was posting about Jacob Wetterling just a few days ago. I'm gonna have to find it. Did you see they are questioning a father and son who are in jail about JW again? They look like a real couple of winners I'll tell you.

It's so strange that I don't remember this Amy Pagnac case at all. I was just starting high school when this happened and probably didn't pay attention to the news but I know all about Jacob Wetterling and remember when it happened.

Wendy A. Guest
    It does sound like somethings amiss with the parents. If my 13 yr old went missing, selling her clothes a week later and major landscaping would be the last thing on my mind.

Mom is pretty strange, I have heard the "father" quoted as being a step-dad and an adoptive dad.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story...h-susan-pagnac
    "When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself."
    -Anonymous

I think it's very odd that the dad insists it was organized crime that is involved, and yet claims to know nothing about his daughter's whereabouts. I'm sure the police have this one figured out, based on the parent's strange behavior, you don't sell all your kids clothing a week after they disappear unless you know they're not coming back, it just doesn't make sense. Cops may be saying the parents aren't suspects in hopes they'll let their guard down, but I seriously doubt they have ruled them out.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

I too feel they did something to their daughter, yes some 13-year-olds leave home on their own, if running away would be safer than staying at home, but what gets me is that they sold her items a week later and did extensive yard work that screams guilty. Also some women keep their last names and sometimes give their children the last name if they are the only child of the family, perhaps the mom was an only child and wanted to keep the family name going, and gave her daughter that last name as well, who knows.

Mammy Guest
    The parents seem pretty suspicious to me. I hope this doesn't end up being another Coral Pearl Hall story.

That's who I was trying to think of! Yes I thought the same thing.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I wonder what they are doing there too. They said they expect to be there until Friday! And they also cordoned off a tennis court in the neighborhood? What good will a public outdoor tennis court be after 25 years? Very weird behavior of the parents if they did sell her clothes that fast. And the landscaping? Who worries about that when they think their kid has been kidnapped?

That guy sounds a little shady. Is he the step-father? Everything I have read and heard they have said straight out "John Doe (cant remember his name) is her father." But why wouldn't she have his name? I was assuming step-father too and was very confused by it. I had also heard that he was posting about Jacob Wetterling just a few days ago. I'm gonna have to find it. Did you see they are questioning a father and son who are in jail about JW again? They look like a real couple of winners I'll tell you.

It's so strange that I don't remember this Amy Pagnac case at all. I was just starting high school when this happened and probably didn't pay attention to the news but I know all about Jacob Wetterling and remember when it happened.
    Bettie, yes, he is the stepdad. The Mom and Dad have different last names, but are legally married from what I understand. I have no idea where the bio dad is, or if he is even alive. They interviewed her sister, who was 8 when she disappeared. She appears to be on the side of the Mom and stepdad?

BTW, I did see they are questioning that Dad and son about JW, also all the sexual assaults of young boys in the Paynesville area a few years before JW went missing, they now are re-opening, one of the kids who got away was on the news last week. Interview was interesting to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    The parents seem pretty suspicious to me. I hope this doesn't end up being another Coral Pearl Hall story.
    I agree Mammy, suspicious as hell. I forgot about Coral Pearl Hall

Mammy Guest
    I've been reading different places around the internet about this case and it stinks from beginning to present day. Apparently, Amy supposedly was sitting in a car at a gas station while waiting for her stepdad who was taking a dump in the gas station restroom. During this narrow time frame, she disappears. Her parents report her missing while making sure to mention that she had ran away from home before and they expected her to be back in a day or so. Also when she first went missing, her parents left town for several days for a medical procedure. I'm not sure which one of them the procedure was for. Was the procedure so important that it couldn't have been rescheduled in light of their thirteen year old daughter being missing? Couldn't one of them have stayed home in case she came back or in case investigators needed information? Who would even think of leaving home for several days with their daughter missing? They just stated that they figured she would be back when they got home. Right.

lisalouver Guest
    I've been reading different places around the internet about this case and it stinks from beginning to present day. Apparently, Amy supposedly was sitting in a car at a gas station while waiting for her stepdad who was taking a dump in the gas station restroom. During this narrow time frame, she disappears. Her parents report her missing while making sure to mention that she had ran away from home before and they expected her to be back in a day or so. Also when she first went missing, her parents left town for several days for a medical procedure. I'm not sure which one of them the procedure was for. Was the procedure so important that it couldn't have been rescheduled in light of their thirteen year old daughter being missing? Couldn't one of them have stayed home in case she came back or in case investigators needed information? Who would even think of leaving home for several days with their daughter missing? They just stated that they figured she would be back when they got home. Right.

I agree Mammy!

As I said, the stepdad is a real odd one, and always has been. I have no idea where the biological dad is, or even if he is alive.

Amy and the stepdad were coming home from the farm that the mother and stepdad owned in Isanti County, MN which was then a very rural area of MN when they stopped at that gas station. If I remember correctly from what I have read, the gas station attendant told the police he never even saw another person in the vehicle.

In addition to leaving town for the procedure as you mentioned, selling of the clothing a few days later and landscaping - the mom has always been sure to call Amy mentally ill, bipolar, ran away many times, etc. She is still saying it to this day. In addition, they have always tried to say its connected to the disappearance of Jacob Wetterling just because it happened the same year. THAT is preposterous. As I mentioned, the stepdads facebook has a lot of rambling bullshit on it to include stuff about Jacob.

Local police, assisted with the FBI have finished their search at the home with nothing else being said ...

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I agree Mammy!

As I said, the stepdad is a real odd one, and always has been. I have no idea where the biological dad is, or even if he is alive.

Amy and the stepdad were coming home from the farm that the mother and stepdad owned in Isanti County, MN which was then a very rural area of MN when they stopped at that gas station. If I remember correctly from what I have read, the gas station attendant told the police he never even saw another person in the vehicle.

In addition to leaving town for the procedure as you mentioned, selling of the clothing a few days later and landscaping - the mom has always been sure to call Amy mentally ill, bipolar, ran away many times, etc. She is still saying it to this day. In addition, they have always tried to say its connected to the disappearance of Jacob Wetterling just because it happened the same year. THAT is preposterous. As I mentioned, the stepdads facebook has a lot of rambling bullshit on it to include stuff about Jacob.

Local police, assisted with the FBI have finished their search at the home with nothing else being said ...
    I'm telling ya, these people couldn't make themselves look more suspicious if they tried! I also noticed how they make a point of saying something negative about Amy every time they mention her. Getting rid of her clothes is a major red flag to me. That's right up there with Jeff Trevino asking authorities what to do with Kira's stuff less than two days after she was reported "missing." If these people truly didn't know where Amy was and actually cared, how could they even think about leaving town for several days when she first went missing?

I agree that it's ridiculous for them to try to claim Amy's case had anything to do with Jacob's case. The only thing similar was the timing.

This is what I am talking about when I say those must be some very lucky child traffickers. To just happen to be in the right place in the middle of nowhere at the right time. Amy's parents have mentioned this angle several times and it just seems so unlikely. And like you said they mention the mental illness too... what would that have to do with a human trafficking ring? Maybe they think she did it on purpose!

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    This is what I am talking about when I say those must be some very lucky child traffickers. To just happen to be in the right place in the middle of nowhere at the right time. Amy's parents have mentioned this angle several times and it just seems so unlikely. And like you said they mention the mental illness too... what would that have to do with a human trafficking ring? Maybe they think she did it on purpose!
    On the bright side, the more they talk, the more inconsistencies are revealed. Maybe they'll finally talk themselves into a corner and the truth will come out.

Police are now searching land owned by the mother up in Isanti county. They are using backhoes and shovels and excavating 2 areas of land. The police said he thinks they are closer to finding her every day. Which to me seems they definitely think the parents are involved in this case. It will be interesting to see if they find anything.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story...1umGc.facebook

The only thing that makes me wonder is if you (or your husband) did kill your child why would you bury them on land owned by you? I know it happens though. Wendy Camp was found on property owned by her ex-grandmother-in-law, who was on Unsolved Mysteries swearing up and down that Wendy, her s-i-l and daughter were dropped off at Walmart and they have no idea what happened to them. Then 30 years later the find their remains on property Ida Pruitt owned at the time. I guess maybe there is some feeling of "safety" if that's how you want to put it by having it on your own land where no one will just happen upon the body. But still!

I'm still curious about her bio-dad. I wonder if he is deceased. The last article I read said that Midden adopted her when she was 2 years old. I would imagine the dad would have to sign off on that if he was around.

The police also requested Fox9 to give them the unedited footage of their recent interview with Susan Pagnac.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story...h-susan-pagnac

If you happened to read my comments on errors on news stories these days, here's the derp for this one:

With that in mind, she had a message she wanted to share with anyone who may no something.

This quote did make me chuckle:

Susan Pagnac and Marshal Midden have ruled themselves out as suspects.
    Yes, they have ruled themselves out. I rule myself a magical faerie.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 06-04-2014 at 04:55 AM.