Thread: Alex Trebek

attackatdawn Guest

Alex Trebek

http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newssto...211-1797993533

Tuesday, December 11, 2007
    LOS ANGELES - Longtime "Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek was hospitalized Tuesday after a minor heart attack, a spokesman for the game show said.

For 500 points:

What famous game-show host experienced a slight tightening and pain of the chest and had to be rushed to the hospital on Dec 11, 2007?
    Last edited by Aries65; 12-11-2007 at 02:27 PM.

Cemetry Gates Guest
    Dang, you're fast! That just hit the news like 5 minutes ago!

MorbidMolly Guest
    Say it isn`t so.....I love him....yeah, yeah, I`m a Jeopardy freak....

ComputerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    For 500 points:

What famous game-show host experienced a slight tightening and pain of the chest and had to be rushed to the hospital on Dec 11, 2008?
    Orvill Fudpucker? BTW it is 2007

firegilnotguns Guest
    "The Jeopardy host is currently hospitalized in Los Angeles and his scare is being described as “minor.”
    Trebek is resting comfortably and plans to resume taping Jeopardy in January."

Hope so - I'm banking on him still doing his thing whenever I move back to the US!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Thats what I get for making a smartass comment about him in the game show thread

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Thats what I get for making a smartass comment about him in the game show thread

LMAO.......

magblax Guest
    Not funny..but every time I think of him it remind me of the SNL sketch with Will Ferrel.."Suck it Trebek"

Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    Not funny..but every time I think of him it remind me of the SNL sketch with Will Ferrel.."Suck it Trebek"
    I liked the Sean Connery bit in that one.

poppie Guest
    I was saddened to hear this news. I hope he will be OK, and back to normal health soon.

Bidmor Guest
    For 500 points:

What famous game-show host experienced a slight tightening and pain of the chest and had to be rushed to the hospital on Dec 11, 2007?
    Ahem...that's supposed to be in form of an answer.

Get better Alex...you have the most intelligent game show on the air.

Danny62 Guest
    For 500 points:

Yep! You have been on this forum to long!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Yep! You have been on this forum to long!!
    Sorry, I was in between phone calls at work...

Jaxxx Guest
    Love Jeopardy, and Alex wish him the best

Nowereman Guest
    i've seen him on so many shows when people are playing Jeopardy, but haven't actually watch one of his shows all the way through.

malaki Guest

Alex Trebek

Has a heart attack, heard this yesterday, anyone watch Jeopardy????

And WOW my 1st thread here EVER...AHHAHAHHA....

Kathyf Guest
    Yes I heard that. They said he will be back in January I hope he will be ok.

laynesgrl Guest

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Kathyf View Post
    Yes I heard that. They said he will be back in January I hope he will be ok.
    What a shock this was!!! I thought he was dead!!!

Bee1001 Guest
    Shouldn't this thread be deleted? He's not dead, I don't believe.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee1001 View Post
    Shouldn't this thread be deleted? He's not dead, I don't believe.
    Yep

beatlebaby4 Guest
    WTF? I thought the guy had croaked. Why is this here?

The op is from 2007 wonder why it's come to light again in 2009 it must have been pages and pages back lol

pvezz Guest
    OMFG - I thought he died!!

leeny994 Guest
    OMG I thought he died too... he didn't right?

Ummm, wow, scared me there. He's been in the area here practicing for the Grand Prix. Thought maybe I'd missed something about him crashing and burning or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

Dying Breath Guest
    What is Coronary Artery Disease?

Jazbabee Guest
    Wow - please move thread....I thought he died !!!

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dying Breath View Post
    Cholesterol & plaque build up, which narrows the arteries, and affects blood flow and blood pressure, and leads to heart attack in many instances.

Disease of the Coronary Artery DOH!
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Dying Breath Guest
    Was a poor play on Jeopardy....sorry../e looks down and kicks a rock.

He has stage 4 pancreatic cancer which is basically a death sentence.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...cancer-1192747

Damn. He won't have long. Fuck Cancer.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Admin Cindy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Damn. He won't have long. Fuck Cancer.
    Michael Landon lived about three months after his diagnosis. On the flip side Patrick Swayze lived somewhere around a year. Guess it hinges on where it's located.

My mother lived about 4-5 years after diagnosis with pancreatic cancer, and in the end; it wasn't the cancer that took her.

Her tumor was confined to the very tip of the pancreas, which her surgeon explained is a very small organ about the size of the tip of your little finger.
    He opted during surgery to remove just the affected area because he said that removal of the entire pancreas causes a very debilitating form of diabetes that doesn't allow for much quality of life; and he felt that the rest of the pancreas appeared normal and healthy.

A couple of years later, based upon various symptoms; they thought the cancer had returned.
    A second surgery found that the pancreas looked fine, what they thought from testing might be another tumor was just scar tissue.

But after that surgery, over the course of a couple of years; she had sporadic bouts of internal bleeding; they could not identify the cause.
    She basically "bled out" on the last one before a family friend found her unconscious. They got her to the hospital and started giving her blood, she was responding; then her heart gave out.

I watched her die on Mother's Day of 1988.

She's probably one of the few who have "survived" pancreatic cancer and lived more that 3-5 years after diagnosis.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Admin Cindy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    My mother lived about 4-5 years after diagnosis with pancreatic cancer, and in the end; it wasn't the cancer that took her.

Her tumor was confined to the very tip of the pancreas, which her surgeon explained is a very small organ about the size of the tip of your little finger.
    He opted during surgery to remove just the affected area because he said that removal of the entire pancreas causes a very debilitating form of diabetes that doesn't allow for much quality of life; and he felt that the rest of the pancreas appeared normal and healthy.

A couple of years later, based upon various symptoms; they thought the cancer had returned.
    A second surgery found that the pancreas looked fine, what they thought from testing might be another tumor was just scar tissue.

But after that surgery, over the course of a couple of years; she had sporadic bouts of internal bleeding; they could not identify the cause.
    She basically "bled out" on the last one before a family friend found her unconscious. They got her to the hospital and started giving her blood, she was responding; then her heart gave out.

I watched her die on Mother's Day of 1988.

She's probably one of the few who have "survived" pancreatic cancer and lived more that 3-5 years after diagnosis.
    My condolences, Jim. She's the only survivor I've ever heard about.

I truly wish him as long of a life as possible. Cancer is a trigger word and I get riled up when I hear it.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

That sucks, I think that is what my father in law died of, he also had alzhimers, Cancer does suck

Quote Originally Posted by Admin Cindy View Post
    My condolences, Jim. She's the only survivor I've ever heard about.
    Thanks.
    It is the saddest thing I've ever seen or ever care to see.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I truly wish him as long of a life as possible. Cancer is a trigger word and I get riled up when I hear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    That sucks, I think that is what my father in law died of, he also had alzhimers, Cancer does suck
    Indeed it does suck.
    I truly believe that it won't be too many more years before they just genetically program most dreaded diseases out of us before we're born.

Yeah Jim I agree, I had one friend, who when her baby was born asked the doctors to remove the baby's appendix (she had a brother died of appendicitis), asked them to remove the babies ovaries and such as her mom died of ovarian cancer and wanted the breast tissue removed, as well, the doctors were like are you crazy lady, she was just so worried and scared her baby was going to grow up and have cancer and such, we finally talked some sense into her. I wonder, when Alex dies or gets to sick to do the show will it be taken off the air or will they find someone else to do it, like they did for wheel of fortune.

Very sad news.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Yeah Jim I agree, I had one friend, who when her baby was born asked the doctors to remove the baby's appendix (she had a brother died of appendicitis), asked them to remove the babies ovaries and such as her mom died of ovarian cancer and wanted the breast tissue removed, as well, the doctors were like are you crazy lady, she was just so worried and scared her baby was going to grow up and have cancer and such, we finally talked some sense into her. I wonder, when Alex dies or gets to sick to do the show will it be taken off the air or will they find someone else to do it, like they did for wheel of fortune.
    My guess would be they'll find a replacement, who knows.

They're coming so far with the science of gene modification that I do believe it won't be long before they can just prevent many diseases that are caused by genetic flaws or mutations.

The "ethics" behind the science is being debated, I suspect that most people would have no problem with processes that ensure we never get certain diseases, engineering height, eye color, etc. - who knows.

All of that will be on the table though.

But yeah, I think they'll look for a replacement once Trebek hangs it up.
    Hey, maybe they should give this guy a call...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jeopardy.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	168.3 KB 
ID:	54794

Haha, maybe they should, funny skit by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    My guess would be they'll find a replacement, who knows.

They're coming so far with the science of gene modification that I do believe it won't be long before they can just prevent many diseases that are caused by genetic flaws or mutations.

The "ethics" behind the science is being debated, I suspect that most people would have no problem with processes that ensure we never get certain diseases, engineering height, eye color, etc. - who knows.

All of that will be on the table though.

But yeah, I think they'll look for a replacement once Trebek hangs it up.
    Hey, maybe they should give this guy a call...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jeopardy.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	168.3 KB 
ID:	54794
    "I think yadoooo, Trebek, I think yadooo" if I recall correctly.

Sad news for Alex. I wish him the best.

Closing this thread since he has passed away, and is up in the death area.