Thread: I Hate Ice Storms!!!

I Hate Ice Storms!!!

Not much else to say than that.Its been iced up for several days.Power off and on. My trees that I planted 27 years ago are taking a beating,blah blah blah. Anyone else having fun? if ya even got power for your blasted pc or a line to run it on.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

where is this happening?
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    UGH...
    I hated them growing up....
    I have been lucky that I have not lived in areas for the past 15 years that have them...of course this winter I sm back where I grew up...
    Its only a matter of time....

A big chunk of Oklahoma is under ice. Hundreds of thousands of people are without power. Death toll is still rising. The damage to old growth trees is terrible. You won't hear to much about it cause its OKLAHOMA. Smack in the middle of fly-over country.

oh! i heard about that on the radio this morning (central texas here) please stay safe!

The firemen are really busy cause folks are using anything they can to try and keep warm. Lots of fire deaths and carbon monoxide poisoning.

itsintheeyes Guest
    Again? Didn't this just happen back in January? Poor okies..

We drove through there during the ice storm in the beginning of the year and it was pretty bad.

Stay safe, okay!
    Last edited by itsintheeyes; 12-12-2007 at 11:03 AM.

Kathyf Guest
    Terrible I saw it on the news. I hope it melts soon.

panda Guest
    I feel for you CLEANSKULL, don't have them a lot in Michigan, but I've seen enough of them..........NOT FUN!!!! Ice is so hard to deal with, you can't see it under the snow, it messes with your eaves troughs can even pull them off the house, impossible to break up & shovel sometimes, makes a mess when it melts. Good luck to you, stay safe & warm!

hlh004 Guest
    ya im scared to drive home tomorrow. i love on the ok border and dad says that its icy there. :S
    i just hope i can make it though dallas traffic. its the devil.

WendyK Guest
    We had a crap load of rain here yesterday, and some freezing but nothing to bad.Two Saturdays ago we had an ice storm and it was so bad it didn't matter what you drove a 4x4 or a tank you were gonna slide it was awful.

Gardner32 Guest
    Damn that global warming!!!!

onehunglow Guest

It sucks

I just got back from Miami where I watched the weather channel and saw we were getting hit. It missed us by 60 miles. Got off the plane into 17 degree weather. I think my future in in the south. I got off the plane 45 minutes ago and I back here.....................what future.

marimbagirl Guest
    Man, I was in the part of Oklahoma that had ice for a day and now it's gone. Now the National Weather Service is saying that we're going to be slammed by 8" of snow on Friday and Saturday. Why does this always happened when I have to work?

onehunglow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marimbagirl View Post
    Man, I was in the part of Oklahoma that had ice for a day and now it's gone. Now the National Weather Service is saying that we're going to be slammed by 8" of snow on Friday and Saturday. Why does this always happened when I have to work?
    Global warming!

PvN73 Guest
    I saw this on the news over here as well! I hope it warms up soon for you all.

Driving home from work today at 5:15 pm, it was 77 degrees. I'm running my AC right now; because it's just too warm for December.

I hear we have a cold front coming; the highs are supposed to be in the 60's.

I feel for everyone who might be fighting the elements.

Going to be busy with the chainsaw for a few days. Hate it when my old growth trees get jacked with.

Jaxxx Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Going to be busy with the chainsaw for a few days. Hate it when my old growth trees get jacked with.
    Know what your going through, my farm in Mo is getting hit hard, the electric is back on at the farm, but still nasty and icy. I'm in St L now and its 33 and pretty nasty, not like St Joe area. Hope you at least get to keep your electric

Its been on more than off. Got the equipment to survive without heat and power but its still a pain. Lotta stoplights out and people act like they never done a 4 way stop.