Thread: John Pinette

ajlposh Guest

Sad. I only knew him from the last episode of "Seinfeld". RIP

Mammy Guest
    I just found out about him dying. He was a hilarious stand up comedian. It really sucks that he died so young.

LOVED his stand up. He could have me laughing to tears. RIP John. Thanks so much for the laughter.
    Archer Fact: You canā??t tourniquet the taint. (Source: Ray Gillette)

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by homesgirl View Post
    LOVED his stand up. He could have me laughing to tears. RIP John. Thanks so much for the laughter.
    I loved the part of his act when he was talking about the all you can eat buffet at a Chinese restaurant. "You go now. You scare all the customer. You so big, eat vegetable." I don't think my husband or I have ever laughed as hard as we did while we watched him and he was hilarious for the entire thing. It's so sad that he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I loved the part of his act when he was talking about the all you can eat buffet at a Chinese restaurant. "You go now. You scare all the customer. You so big, eat vegetable." I don't think my husband or I have ever laughed as hard as we did while we watched him and he was hilarious for the entire thing. It's so sad that he's gone.
    Yes, you nailed it. He was absolutely hilarious during the whole routine. My husband and I are constantly quoting his lines....just the other day when someone was taking FOREVER ordering at McDonald's - we were laughing and talking about John...."It's McDonald's for God's sake...I could tell you the menu left right, up down..." Such a loss, and I so appreciate the fun and laughter he brought to my family. We all loved his "I'm Starvin'" standup.
    Archer Fact: You canā??t tourniquet the taint. (Source: Ray Gillette)

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by homesgirl View Post
    Yes, you nailed it. He was absolutely hilarious during the whole routine. My husband and I are constantly quoting his lines....just the other day when someone was taking FOREVER ordering at McDonald's - we were laughing and talking about John...."It's McDonald's for God's sake...I could tell you the menu left right, up down..." Such a loss, and I so appreciate the fun and laughter he brought to my family. We all loved his "I'm Starvin'" standup.
    My husband and I quote him pretty often, too. We got a big chuckle when the Girl Scouts were selling cookies this year and we thought about his part of the routine where he talked about dieting and how a Girl Scout saved his life. He seemed like he would have been a nice guy, in a John Candy kind of way.

I remember his stand up too, from before the Seinfeld finale. 50 is too young! Sounds like he wasn't that healthy though. He was a funny guy! RIP.

I really enjoyed his comedy. The Chinese buffett is a classic. Damn funny man. RIP, sir.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

elektro78 Guest
    It's always sad to see the really good ones go. He was definitely a funny guy. After seeing his Chinese buffet routine I could never walk into one without thinking about it. Truly classic!

what made him so funny was most likely what helped to kill him, never really knew his material but checking it out now. RIP.

God, he was funny! Just adored him. He had lost a lot of weight recently. Yeah, 50 is way too young.
    Cindy

I'm a big fan of stand-up; my husband and I had our first date at Nick's Comedy Stop in Boston, and we've kept up the tradition throughout our dating and marriage. I never got to see John Pinette in person, but I've seen some of his work on t.v. and he was the real deal. His facial expressions were funny just by themselves! Rest in Peace, Mr. Pinette. I wish we had all had more time with you!

RIP, he had a rare gift, making people laugh without being filthy about it...
    RIP, he h
    RIP, he had a rare gift, making people laugh without being filthy about it...
    ad a rare gift, making people laugh without being filthy about it...

I was just listening to him on a comedy radio station while driving the other day and I was laughing at stuff I have heard him do many times. I too enjoyed him and he has died far too soon. "You go now!!" RIP John Pinette

I used to love the shows on Comedy Central that showcased stand up comedians. A long time ago there was a show that was hosted by Jon Stewart and they just showed clips of stand ups for an hour. I miss the shows like that, seems CC has gone away from the stand up specials (though you still see them once in a while of course) and went more toward the 30 minute series/clips/talk shows.

I was really sad when I heard that John Pinette passed on; like so many others here, I really enjoyed and admired his comedy. I'd be in stitches watching clips on You Tube.
    I used to follow him on Twitter as well. He was large in stature but he also seemed to have a big heart. May he RIP.

John Pinette

Hi Everyone, We have been members here since the forum area opened, But have only a few posts- I just heard about the death of comedian John Pinette, Have looked to find out what happened but cannot seem to find anything other than he had passed away in a Pittsburg Hotel room on the 5th of April. This is so sad, I loved his work...He always made me laugh-Bless his heart, IMO, Heaven just got another angel-

I've never seen "Seinfeld," but I have seen this guy's standup and loved him!!! Fifty is definitely too young. RIP John.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Hi there! We have a thread about him in Other Notable Figures, a couple forums below this one:
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...5-John-Pinette
    I haven't heard any more details of how he died yet either. I hope we will hear more soon. He was a funny guy!

beautygirlsmom Guest

John Pinette

John was as nice in person as you would expect him to be - just a warm, funny, wonderful man, with a smile as big as the man himself.

His agent has said he died from a pulmonary embolism, but following weight loss surgery and skin removal surgery (John lost a total of about 200 pounds), he was in very poor health. He didn't give himself enough time to really recuperate - he was so hellbent on getting back out there for his fans.

He will be so very sadly missed.

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beautygirlsmom View Post
    John was as nice in person as you would expect him to be - just a warm, funny, wonderful man, with a smile as big as the man himself.

His agent has said he died from a pulmonary embolism, but following weight loss surgery and skin removal surgery (John lost a total of about 200 pounds), he was in very poor health. He didn't give himself enough time to really recuperate - he was so hellbent on getting back out there for his fans.

He will be so very sadly missed.

Wow. I bummed pretty hard on this one because he reminded me so much of my dad. Now I find out that he had the same type of surgery (my father never recovered either - at least in the sense that you hope to recover from WLS - was a stroke that got him) & he died on the 10th anniversary of my dad's surgery. That taking enough time thing is crucial, and nobody gets it.

Personal and totally uninteresting, I know, but it spooks me a little. He made a living off his demons, and didn't kick them soon enough.

Few comedians can make me laugh, he sure could. RIP.

Brilliant comedy guy; sad that he's gone too soon; by our calculations.

Man - you lose about half your body weight; give that adjustment some time.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

He was in some ads here for a series called 'all you can eat'. Oh the irony.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Conkeror Guest
    I knew nothing about him aside from his Seinfeld fame. I wish I knew more about him when he was alive, he seems like a really nice, wholesome yet very funny guy. This is sad, it was posted in January:

https://twitter.com/JohnPinette/stat...624704/photo/1

the world is less funny without him.
    rest in peace, John. thank you for making me laugh harder than anyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sad news, him and I were around the same age.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Wendy A. Guest
    OMG! What a loss! He was hilarious! We all loved to watch him too. I read an article on CNN that said he couldn't walk past a homeless person without giving them $20. He will be missed sorely! What a sucky year so far (celeb deaths) and it's only April!