Thread: Not sure how to use the multiquote function? Ask/help here.

Not sure how to use the multiquote function? Ask/help here.

Or as Emily Littela would say, "What's all this fuss I hear about the motorboat function not working for people?"

Seriously, please share your tips on how you use this versatile function that keeps threads conversational vs disjointed when one member posts several replies in a row.

Not all browsers and devices having the same capabilities making multiquote apparently more difficult for a handful of people here. But if you can post, you can multiquote. You just have to do it in a way that works for you, your browser and device. Ask away if you're having issues with it so we can keep the conversational groove flowing.

So help out your fellow members by posting your tips here. And don't be shy with the questions.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 10-25-2013 at 04:09 PM.

"Men with two wives don't have opinions. They just smile and nod a lot." Abe Vigoda

I am using Google Chrome. I've read the instructions on how to use the multi-quote feature, and I can't understand them. I'm sure the instructions are written very well--I just get lost and end up with a glazed deer in the headlights expression. I feel obtuse.

I think my request would be, "talk to me like I'm three." LOL

Quote Originally Posted by maryd View Post
    I am using Google Chrome. I've read the instructions on how to use the multi-quote feature, and I can't understand them. I'm sure the instructions are written very well--I just get lost and end up with a glazed deer in the headlights expression. I feel obtuse.

I think my request would be, "talk to me like I'm three." LOL
    Are you using the full or mobile version of the forum?

"Men with two wives don't have opinions. They just smile and nod a lot." Abe Vigoda

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Are you using the full or mobile version of the forum?
    I am using the full version (on my laptop).

See here:

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...02#post1413702

The little icon we're referring to is in the bottom right corner of every post. Try it by doing what it says, quoting some posts in this thread.

I posted created and posted an illustration above, but for some reason the image didn't stay put.

Here it is again.

multi quote.jpg

Using FF pc on Win 7, I click the multi-quote icon on each post I want to quote except for the last post I want to quote from...that one I click "Reply With Quote" and then all quotes are displayed in order I clicked them in Reply window.

Say there's three posts I want to quote. The first and second posts I click on the multi-quote and the third I click Reply With Quote.
    The Strange Case Of The Missing Corpse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GmH8eFJFU

Mrs. Peel (commenting on Steed's sword): "That looks a bit droopy." Steed: "Wait until it's challenged."

So how'd it go, Mary?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    So how'd it go, Mary?
    I have ashamedly not done my homework. I could explain my procrastination, but I think I'll put that off until next week.

Seriously--thanks for the help and suggestions, my friends!! I promise I will practice soon!