Thread: Victim's Uncle Indicted In Her Cold Case Murder

Mammy Guest

Victim's Uncle Indicted In Her Cold Case Murder

Jessica Dishon was seventeen years old when she went missing from her driveway on September 10, 1999 in Shepherdville, Kentucky as she was leaving for school. Her badly beaten body was discovered seventeen days later. She had been strangled to death. One of her neighbors was indicted for her murder and spent two years in jail before his case went to trial. His case was eventually dropped for lack of evidence, but many people still believed for years that he had gotten away with murder. He maintained his innocence from the start and eventually had to move away due to so much harrassment and hostility toward himself and his family after his case was dropped. There were also two other people who were suspected because she had been seen with them close to the time before her murder. There two guys were close to her age and a lot of people were suspicious of their guilt and they also dealt with many negative rumors. One of the guys died in a car crash a few years ago and his name and reputation was never fully cleared. Just in the past couple of days, Jessica Dishon's paternal uncle, Stanley Dishon has been indicted by a grand jury for her murder. He has a long history of sexual offenses against young girls. I truly hope they have the right guy this time and someone finally pays for taking this young girl's life in such a brutal way. This case has received a considerable amount of coverage in Kentucky and her parents and brothers have suffered greatly from knowing the person who killed Jessica hadn't been caught. Her parents eventually divorced afterwards. I hope Jessica receives justice and her loved ones finally know what happened and who is responsible, even though that must be another horrible reality for them to accept.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/23589572/j...-in-her-murder

That's why I try not to assume anybody is guilty until the jury speaks. Hope they have the right person this time so the family can have some closure!

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jlm709 View Post
    That's why I try not to assume anybody is guilty until the jury speaks. Hope they have the right person this time so the family can have some closure!
    I so agree with you! I really thought the first guy who was indicted and spent two years in jail was the person who killed her. It really upset me when the charges were dropped and he was set free and I was one of the people who thought he had gotten away with murder. I feel bad about that now. In 2005, that same man risked his life to try to rescue two children from a burning mobile home. He managed to get them out, but they died anyway.

I love cold case files being re-opened. A fresh pair of eyes looking at the evidence, new forensic investigative techniques, undiscovered leads. These are my fav TV shows, besides speeders and cheaters of course heheheheh.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

tarsier Guest
    Don't feel bad Mammy in the greater scheme of things he may have never rescued those kids if he hadn't felt he had something to prove.

Seagorath Guest
    They need to start looking at "uncles" more.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    They need to start looking at "uncles" more.
    Aunties are immune?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Wendy A. Guest
    I don't see why it took so damn long to look at him in the first place given his track record.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    I don't see why it took so damn long to look at him in the first place given his track record.
    Me either! Maybe they did, but nobody really knew they were looking at him and maybe no evidence pointed to him. She was missing for over two weeks in rather warm weather and I don't think she was in very good condition when her body was found. What I found EXTREMELY strange was that a couple of news sources said this uncle was actually living in the same home as Jessica and her family when she went missing. If that is the truth, it is very strange that it took fourteen years to catch up with him. From other places I have been reading, it sounds like someone knew he was guilty and started talking and giving up information. The reports called the new leads as being from a "very reliable source." He's behind bars now for other sexual offenses, so I hope if he really did kill Jessica, a case can be built and he will never get out of prison again. He sounds like a waste of oxygen.