Thread: Lee Thompson Young

Lee Thompson Young

So sad, he was great in Rizzoli & Isles.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/19/lee-th...#ixzz2cRETHHRB

awwww detective frost he is gonna be missed on Rizzoli and Isles I wonder how they'll handle it...this bums me out so much

Wendy A. Guest
    Awww no! He was so young! RIP Sir. I remember him in The Hills Have Eye's 2.

He has one of those faces that I recognize, even though the only thing I would have seen him on was The Hills Have Eyes. Pisses me off when people end their lives in a messy way, and some poor sap has to find them..

I literally went "what the fuck". SAD! i also liked him in Rizzoli & Isles

Oh no! This is so sad - I'm at a loss for words on this one. He will be missed.
    [Img][/img]
    "There are three things I've learned never to discuss
    with people: religion, politics and The Great Pumpkin."
    - Linus -
    It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
    https://youtu.be/H2H0TfvNU3w

Never heard of him, but it is so sad. RIP.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Bayou Queen Guest
    I kept looking at his photo on Facebook, and thinking, I know that guy. They never mentioned Riozzli and Isles then I saw another article. It's hell getting old. Good looking kid, and I liked him on the show. How sad. I hate hearing when someone kills themselves. R.I.P.

Crossbone1972 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Queen View Post
    I kept looking at his photo on Facebook, and thinking, I know that guy. They never mentioned Riozzli and Isles then I saw another article. It's hell getting old. Good looking kid, and I liked him on the show. How sad. I hate hearing when someone kills themselves. R.I.P.
    @Bayou Queen: I like your signature-text. What celebrity said these words?

Same here, never heard of him...but so young...RIP young man
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Perdi Guest
    OH NO!!! Oh this is so sad! Love him in Rizzoli & Isles, and so so young! Fucking heartbreaking that a chap who seems to have so much going for him obviously has such horrible private torment. RIP Lee.

I had a brother commit suicide, and I just cannot fathom the frame of mind and emotion someone goes thru to do such an act. sad.

Perdi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    I had a brother commit suicide, and I just cannot fathom the frame of mind and emotion someone goes thru to do such an act. sad.
    I lost my Dad the same way, and spent years resenting him for it because I didn't understand. I feel so differently about it now. I've felt that desperation and gazed into that abyss. Just so horrible and so sad when someone is lost to it.

I just couldn't believe it when I read it earlier today - young, nice looking, successful show. You have to wonder what could be so wrong in his life for him to do this, but depression is a terrible thing. He will be missed on Rizzoli and Isles. I wish for comfort for is family and friends during this difficult time.

I am a big fan of Rizzoli & Isles, what a shock this is ! Prayers to his family and friends and cast mates, very sad news.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I am a big fan of Rizzoli & Isles, what a shock this is ! Prayers to his family and friends and cast mates, very sad news.
    I'm very sad too I wonder how they will handle this on the show?

Bayou Queen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossbone1972 View Post
    @Bayou Queen: I like your signature-text. What celebrity said these words?
    It wasn't a celebrity, I saw a friend post it on Facebook and I liked it too. Google or Bing " never steal lie or cheat". There are a few sources that it comes from that you might find interesting.

this breaks my heart. Young, handsome, successful. He must have felt such despair. I hope he has found the peace he was so desperately in need of. I will miss him on Rizzoli and Isles. RIP Mr. Young.
    I mean, they say you die twice.
    One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.

Banksy

Disclaimer: This post is not meant to be offensive, disruptive or threatening in any way.

That is sad, I used to watch Jett Jackson when I was a kid. I wonder if he had chronic depression or if something happened suddenly to cause this.

Dan I have no idea why you would think that would be offensive or threatening, etc... I think a lot of us wonder that anytime anyone commits suicide. It's a very valid question and if someone has a problem with it that's their issue and probably something they should look at.

It's especially hard when you see someone who seems to have it all. Being an actor with success is something so many people yearn for. Here is someone who has it and that was not enough. I think it could definitely go either way. If he was suffering from depression it probably didn't matter what good things were going on in his life if it wasn't being treated properly. It's also plausible that it could have been set off by a situation that seemed hopeless but of course as they say suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I don't always agree with that statement but I realize it applies in many cases.

Disclaimer: This post is not meant to be offensive, disruptive or threatening in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Dan I have no idea why you would think that would be offensive or threatening, etc... I think a lot of us wonder that anytime anyone commits suicide. It's a very valid question and if someone has a problem with it that's their issue and probably something they should look at.

It's especially hard when you see someone who seems to have it all. Being an actor with success is something so many people yearn for. Here is someone who has it and that was not enough. I think it could definitely go either way. If he was suffering from depression it probably didn't matter what good things were going on in his life if it wasn't being treated properly. It's also plausible that it could have been set off by a situation that seemed hopeless but of course as they say suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I don't always agree with that statement but I realize it applies in many cases.
    I've been warned for less, just covering my bases. Back to LTY...this kind of reminds me of the Jonathan Brandis suicide..child actor who seems to be well adjusted in adulthood. Their careers never boomed I'm sure like they expected, but seems like they both had solid careers and were able to get roles as adults, but just never got what they craved. Just guessing on my part, but not knowing more, that seems like a likely scenario.

RIP. So sad...loved him on Rizzoli and Isles. 'Frost' will certainly be missed. Wonder how they will put this into the show.

http://www.eonline.com/news/468114/l...ot-to-the-head

According to the investigation report, the Famous Jett Jackson star, who was found dead by his apartment manager on Aug. 19, passed away in his two-bedroom apartment, which was in "neat and clean" condition when cops arrived on the scene. "The decedent is in the living room lying on the sectional couch," says the report. "There is a gun next to his right hand."

another link with some different info:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1480009
    Last edited by Gabby; 10-10-2013 at 08:07 AM.

RetroFanatic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
    http://www.eonline.com/news/468114/l...ot-to-the-head

According to the investigation report, the Famous Jett Jackson star, who was found dead by his apartment manager on Aug. 19, passed away in his two-bedroom apartment, which was in "neat and clean" condition when cops arrived on the scene. "The decedent is in the living room lying on the sectional couch," says the report. "There is a gun next to his right hand."

another link with some different info:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1480009

Very tragic and sad. And now that reports have circulated that Lee had a history of bipolar, I'm wondering about the onset of it. The first time I saw him was in a cough syrup commercial, and that was a little while before he began starring in The Famous Jett Jackson. He had to have been at least 13 or 14 at the time. I wish I could travel back in time because it flies so quickly.

I didnt know he took his own life until today, I loved him on Rizzoli and Isles, depression and bi-polar is a struggle and you get so tired of having to deal with it day to day , and wondering if its going to be a good day which are few and far between, have been down the road of wanting to end it, because I was just too tired, Rest well ,Lee your struggle is done, wish you could have fought harder, but maybe you got too tired.