Thread: Sonya Fitzpatrick, Animal Psychic

Sonya Fitzpatrick, Animal Psychic

I don't completely buy it, but I find her radio show (Sirius/XM "Animal Intuition") to be entertaining, and strangely comforting. I love how she calls people "daaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhling", and would do it myself if I could get away with it.

Sonya Fitzpatrick hosted the Animal Planet TV show, "The Pet Psychic". Now with the radio show, people call in with questions about their beloved pets who have passed away, and Fitzpatrick says she can connect with these animals over the phone, basically...and somehow discern certain character traits, what "messages" they might have, and even whether their soul is teleporting into their new pet. Okay...now that I'm typing this, it sure seems wack-a-doo. But there's something I just love about her, daaahling. She's a former model, and looks somewhat like Madame (but prettier, and less puppet-like...). Here's an example of one of her phone calls; a clip of her advice on dealing with the eventual inevitability of losing a pet; and her Wikipedia entry. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PmtWZ9_Sh4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIbuWt_Aw0w

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonya_Fitzpatrick
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Wendy A. Guest
    Yeah! I remember her show on tv! I forgot all about how she used to be a model. She was really pretty! I'd like to have her come tell me what the hell my cat is saying.. Lol he's such a chatterbox!

Hmmmmmmmmm. An animal psychic? I dunno. I am skeptical of psychics. I wish she could tell me what my cats say too. I am sure it is "will you please feed my fat ass" or something to that effect.

Same...I'm pretty sure my cat wants me to F off and quit cuddling him, but hearing it from Sonya would clarify things, and soften the blow.

It's probably a huge crock, but she's so specific (e.g., when pets who have "crossed over" tell her about their owner's bedspread they once liked, or the "nice old man" who turns out to be the grandfather, etc.), that it's amusing, at the very least. I never saw her TV show - hopefully she wasn't annoying on it - I think her radio show is fun.
    Last edited by MirrorDimly; 07-19-2013 at 09:29 AM. Reason: My iPad is being a shart bucket
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    Yeah! I remember her show on tv! I forgot all about how she used to be a model. She was really pretty! I'd like to have her come tell me what the hell my cat is saying.. Lol he's such a chatterbox!
    I can read your cat's mind. No really! Cat is thinking "I'm going to lick my ass, go eat out of my bowl, stretch out on the couch for a nap, run take a shit the second after you clean out my litter box, get a drink of water, get back on couch to lick my ass some more, get comfortable, glare at you and plot your death for having me fixed, take another nap, yack up a hairball right where I know you'll step on it, shred up some toilet paper all over the bathroom floor, and take another nap." I'll bill ya for my services. Lol

Wendy A. Guest
    That about sounds right!

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I can read your cat's mind. No really! Cat is thinking "I'm going to lick my ass, go eat out of my bowl, stretch out on the couch for a nap, run take a shit the second after you clean out my litter box, get a drink of water, get back on couch to lick my ass some more, get comfortable, glare at you and plot your death for having me fixed, take another nap, yack up a hairball right where I know you'll step on it, shred up some toilet paper all over the bathroom floor, and take another nap." I'll bill ya for my services. Lol
    Haaaaaaaaa! Yep...that's about it. Not a whole lot going on between those fuzzy little pointy ears. He sure as hell isn't occupied by the "spirit" of our previous kitty, Dexter (who was a lot more chilled-out and cuddly).
    Being a pet psychic is kind of the perfect gig...Weathermen are also allowed to be wrong, but it makes people angry; "people" psychics can pull things out of their asses about folks' departed loved ones, but it's cruel and predatory; an animal psychic is just, like, talking about what their dead cat thought or how their dead dog is doing in heaven. Weird, but can't really be disproven, I guess...and rather benign.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MirrorDimly View Post
    Haaaaaaaaa! Yep...that's about it. Not a whole lot going on between those fuzzy little pointy ears. He sure as hell isn't occupied by the "spirit" of our previous kitty, Dexter (who was a lot more chilled-out and cuddly).
    Being a pet psychic is kind of the perfect gig...Weathermen are also allowed to be wrong, but it makes people angry; "people" psychics can pull things out of their asses about folks' departed loved ones, but it's cruel and predatory; an animal psychic is just, like, talking about what their dead cat thought or how their dead dog is doing in heaven. Weird, but can't really be disproven, I guess...and rather benign.
    You got that right! I bitch about weathermen all of the time because they aren't right eight times out of ten. They like the high drama of scaring the shit out of people with their gloom and doom tornado forecasts and get people all worked up only to experience about six raindrops. When anything serious ever does happen, it will be like the little boy who cried wolf and nobody will pay any attention to what they say. Being a pet psychic would be laughably simple. "Oh, your kitty said he still remembers his favorite place on your sofa" or "Your doggy wants you to remember when he would be so excited to see you when you came home from work and would wag his tail like crazy!" What an epiphany.

Exactly. I mean, I guess weatherpeople have the Doppler Weather Radar to give them hints here and there, but man, they can be waaaaaaaaay off but certainly won't get fired for it.

I guess someone from Howard Stern could call into Sonya's show (someone who doesn't own a pet, never had one), and make up some BS thing...would be funny...as long as it didn't get too sexually gross. I thought for *sure* that it was Howard Stern's camp that had called in with the fake racist names of the Asiana pilots (Captain Sum Ting Wong, etc.)...but hubs says Howard was laughing about it and couldn't take credit.

I have never seen her, but it sounds interesting. Has anyone tested her about the color of the cats that she talks about? If she would get that right (there is about a hundreds of different color combos on cats), I'm there!
    Cindy

Well, its not like anyone is going to be able to call her out right? She can do a Vulcan mind-meld with any critter and nobody can call bullshit. All you need is the shutzpah to say you can do it, then you are on your way. The sport for me is seeing who buys into this crap.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Well, its not like anyone is going to be able to call her out right? She can do a Vulcan mind-meld with any critter and nobody can call bullshit. All you need is the shutzpah to say you can do it, then you are on your way. The sport for me is seeing who buys into this crap.
    That's exactly right. It wouldn't be possible to prove her wrong no matter what she said. Anyone who buys into it deserves whatever they get for being so gullible.