Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnny Depp

Why thank you

panda Guest
    I have been in love with Johnny since 21 Jump Street! I knew he was destined for a great career. He is HOT!

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SistaSara View Post
    I LOVE me some Johnny Depp.

Gilbert Grape and Scissorhands are my fav too!
    damn i'm all over that!!!~

knothere Guest
    johnny depp is god
    he can do anything he fukin feels like
    man i envey him
    but he is the real deal wat u see is wat i dont get lol
    and he is very intense he plays a accurate syko
    if he was a comedian id love him still
    the only thing i didnt like was libertine way too much ego there ya i know its about a person tha tlived but ughh

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    He gives hope to all us 40-somethings....the man just doesn't age. I shouldn't say that...he DOES age, just so very well....

leevancleef Guest
    Hes an unique guy thats for sure, and thats what i love the most about him...his style, his shyness, his looks of course and his great choices when it comes to movies. Another Johnny movie i very much enjoyed was FROM HELL, the one that tells the story about how Jack The Reaper killed all those prostitutes.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    Hes an unique guy thats for sure, and thats what i love the most about him...his style, his shyness, his looks of course and his great choices when it comes to movies. Another Johnny movie i very much enjoyed was FROM HELL, the one that tells the story about how Jack The Reaper killed all those prostitutes.
    "From Hell" was GREAT, another under-appreciated gem. Very, very well done!

leevancleef Guest
    Glad you enjoyed it Jack, its a very underrated film in his filmography imo.
    i love his part and i looove the ending.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    why do you have to be a jerk to me? I didn't say a fucking thing to you.
    I was merely agreeing with you, and mentioning other actors of the same mold. Where you pulled out me being a jerk to you from my previous comment I can't imagine. Tell me where I insulted you and I'll apologize.

donetodeath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Loved "Ninth Gate" too
    that's one of my favorite movies too!

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    Mmmmmmm, Depppppppp

atlantis Guest
    Wow, what a great thread! Like some of you, I fell in love with Johnny Depp via 21 Jump Street. I LOVED that show. I especially remember an episode called "3 Seconds" where he was in a convenience store with his girlfriend and there was a robbery and his gf was shot and killed.

He is absolutely one of the most talened actors out there. I liked Secret Windows. One of my fave's is Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. He kicked ASS! And Benecio Del Torro is one hot piece of ass...just like Depp!

And his performance in Willy Wonka creeped me the fuck out! I loved it, don't get me wrong. But damn, THOSE TEETH! He was even more freaky than Gene Wilder was in the first movie. That movie has always creeped me out. Those characters struck me as child molesters or some shit like that. And I always thought the movie was dark. I thought the little boy who got swept away by the chocolate river drowned. It wasn't until I was older did I realize it wasn't as bad as I had orignally thought.

Sorry this was so long! I just love to talk/type.

More Cheese Please Guest
    In a sea of shit actors and overrated gunk... Depp stands head and shoulders above all- he is such a versatile actor, deeply entrenched in the craft vs. the crap, and one hell of a piece of enduring eye candy.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    why do you have to be a jerk to me? I didn't say a fucking thing to you.
    Bidmor 12/7/07: "I was merely agreeing with you, and mentioning other actors of the same mold. Where you pulled out me being a jerk to you from my previous comment I can't imagine. Tell me where I insulted you and I'll apologize."

Well?

JdoubleL Guest
    Yeah dude. Remember the 21 Jump Street days? Sexxxxy. Still is. Yeow. <3

magblax Guest
    The first time I saw him was in Nightmare on Elm Street. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee13oq72JB0 Awww!

I like the risks he takes as an actor...just saw Blow this past weekend and he was great in that!

marimbagirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    What are those tats? Real or makeup? Any idea?
    He has a heart on one arm with his mother's name, Betty Sue, in the center of it. The one on his chest over his heart is his daughter's name, Lily-Rose. The one on his other forearm is the same one from PoTC with the sparrow and flying towards the sun and the name Jack beneath it. Jack is his son's nickname. And of course...the 'wino forever' one. I know there's more, but those are the ones that I know of.

hoxharding Guest

The Brave

I used to have a film that was directed by(and starring) Johnny Depp. It was based on a short story and titled 'The Brave'
    It has his brother in it as well as Iggy Pop,Marlon Brando and some other people in it.
    It is about a man(Depp) who is married with children and poverty-stricken.
    He decides to sell himself to a man who makes snuff films. He
    uses some of the money to throw a party for his friends and family. He also buys presents for his family.
    *They give him the money before the film is made*
    I wasn't able to get it in the U.S. and I am not sure if it can be purchased in the states. I was able to get a copy that had subtitles in French.
    It is good,but seems very long and I never could hear a thing Brando says. I gave it to a friend of mine instead of keeping it for my film collection.

hoxharding Guest
    He was even good in I think it was titled 'Private Beach' and even that episode of 'Hotel' he did.

endsleigh03 Guest
    I love Iggy. Always have.

<ponders Iggy thread>

Gardner32 Guest
    Okay, he has a beautiful face, but a little boys body. However, I love Johnny's movies. Sorry! I don't get Brad Pitt either! Brad Pitt's movies, not so much.

I lurve him!!!! I also love how devoted to his family and friends he is.

lulu Guest
    I LOVE JOHNNY DEPP! I just want to lick him.
    He's one of those actors you just can't take your eyes off of. Not just 'cause he's yummy, he is IMO the best "young" actors out there. I think he's fantastic in every movie he does, even "The Astronaut's Wife", he just makes every movie he's in better than it is, which is a sign of a TRUE movie star.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardner32 View Post
    Okay, he has a beautiful face, but a little boys body. However, I love Johnny's movies. Sorry! I don't get Brad Pitt either! Brad Pitt's movies, not so much.
    I always have liked slightly built men, so it works for me

Kugmu Guest

Johnny Depp's Cool

Last March, Johnny Deppâ??s 7 year old daughter, lily-Rose, was in serious condition at a London hospital
    after E. coli poising caused her kidneys to fail. In the middle of filming Sweeney Todd when she fell ill, Depp left
    the production, effectively shutting it down for two weeks as he kept a constant vigil at her side. Yesterday,
    he paid a visit to the hospital again. With $2 million. The Daily Mail says:

â??Johnny Depp secretly visited Great Ormond Street Hospital yesterday to donate $2 million of his own money
    to thank staff for saving his daughterâ??s life. He arrived unexpectedly at the London childrenâ??s hospital where
    eight-year-old Lilly-Rose was treated last year when her kidneys failed. Last week he invited five Grand Ormond
    Street doctors and nursed to the party for the London premier of his film Sweeney Todd. And on November 29,
    unknown to the public, Depp spent four hours at the hospital telling bedtime stories to patients dressed as Captain
    Jack Sparrow after having his Pirates Of The Caribbean costome flown over form Los Angeles.â?

So, to compare, Johnny Depp shuts down a $50 million movie for two weeks and wrote a $2 million check because
    his kid got sick. Britney Spears couldnâ??t be bothered to drive accrpss town to keep her kids. If this were some
    kind of parenting death match, Britney would be armed with a marshmallow shooter and Johnny would be riding
    the Cloverfield monster
    Copied that from some on-line celeb site,
    Loved that last part.
    Except for this: What is a Cloverfield monster?

Kugmu Guest

100!

Hey!
    That's my 100th Post!!
    Thank You Everybody!!!

Congrats, took you a while though. 1000 posts by the end of the decade?

Johnny rocks!
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Kugmu Guest
    Wow
    I'm humbled by your superiority

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Kugmu if you know what the Cloverfield monster is, I'll pay you to spill the beans...this one has me salivating. I am DYING to find out! They're keeping this one a real secret...

http://www.cloverfieldmovie.com/

Kugmu Guest
    I'll go see it Sat. or Sun.

Snoopy Guest
    Not only is Johnny Depp gorgeous he has a heart and is a decent person!

leevancleef Guest
    He rocks. i love him.

should this be merged with the "Johnny Depp's HOT" thread? or since they are two separate temperatures they can remain separate?

Kugmu Guest
    i'm sorry
    Looked but did not see that other JD thread
    Move this if you want

I was kidding... but I do remember seeing a "Johnny Depp" thread somewhere, it's all good and will get moved by somebody if need be.

panda Guest
    Johnny Depp is a GOD, you can't have too many Depp threads Jason so shush
    Attachment 2937
    Last edited by panda; 02-23-2008 at 08:56 AM.

don't_axe_me Guest
    If they were to be merged, would the resulting thread have to be renamed the "Johnny Depp's Tepid" thread? That wouldn't be very good, now, would it?

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    Johnny Depp is a GOD, you can't have too many Depp threads Jason so shush
    Attachment 2937
    Panda, not many can say shush and get away with it... you truly have a gift.

I saw some interview with Johnny on a kids show; I think in Japan. The kids had drawn pictures of him as his various characters and were presenting them to him.

He seemed so genuinely pleased and amused and appreciative of the attention. I was completly impressed with his character and thought "this guy is for real."

O.K...it wasn't exaclty as I recalled it; but the end result is the same.

Here's the link; one classy guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mv-pbwUcs4

If they were to be merged, would the resulting thread have to be renamed the "Johnny Depp's Tepid" thread? That wouldn't be very good, now, would it?
    No. So howzabout we call it, "Johnny Depp's Always At Just the Right Temperature"?

endsleigh03 Guest
    Nice to see him back on top
    I reread the original thread.
    I was gushing over him, good God.
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 01-17-2008 at 06:32 PM.

1karenhb Guest
    He is just as good looking in person!!! Working at Disneyland, I was at the premiere of the second Pirate movie. He was taking so long signing autographs on the red carpet, he was hustled along. Couldn't have been nicer to the fans. I kept telling everyone I can die happy now, I've seen J. D.

What a nice complete thread this is

djdeath-hag Guest
    Sooo, Jason, are you hoping/expecting that the likes of me would swoop in & lock this thread? Not gonna happen....as Endsleigh03 said, "nice to see him back on top" J.D. would be welcome on top of me any day (or night)....hell, I'd even give him as much time as he needed to sign autographs & write checks to hospitals! Ever since I saw him in "Gilbert Grape", I've had nothing but GOOD thoughts about him. Of course the actor who portayed his challenged younger brother is not so awful to behold either.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Sooo, Jason, are you hoping/expecting that the likes of me would swoop in & lock this thread? Not gonna happen....as Endsleigh03 said, "nice to see him back on top" J.D. would be welcome on top of me any day (or night)....hell, I'd even give him as much time as he needed to sign autographs & write checks to hospitals! Ever since I saw him in "Gilbert Grape", I've had nothing but GOOD thoughts about him. Of course the actor who portayed his challenged younger brother is not so awful to behold either.

Dennis, I honestly was not sitting back and waiting for you to swoop by and close the thread... I was waiting for them to be merged and they were, so I was FINALLY able to go on with my day

i just saw johnny in johnny cash's video for "god's gonna cut you down". he can do no wrong.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

interrestedintn Guest
    I LOOOOOVE Johnny Depp. He's always been my favorite since 21 Jumpstreet. He's beautiful. He's part cherokee indian so he has an indian tattoo. He's got his mom's name tattooed on him and of course the infamous wino forever tattoo. I finally got to see Sweeney Todd just the other night. I liked it a lot. I'm not much for musicals though.

ozzysmom Guest
    I must say that when I saw the title of the thread, I haven't even bothered to read any post, just scrolled through looking for new Johnny pics that may have been posted.....Man, I love me some Johhny Depp...I'd work him like a rib ya'll !!!!!! Up one side and down the other!!!!! LOL
    Imagine my suprise when I saw a few pics of Borat and Freddie Mercury, that stopped me dead in my tracks. LOL

Those luscious pics are making me drool all over my keyboard...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...