Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 201 to 218 of 218

Thread: Mindy McCready

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    springfield illinois
    Posts
    1,252
    welcome sunrae! sorry to hear of your loss. suicide....touches so many people. I truly think , that a person who commits suicide is not in their right mind. blessed not to have any suicides in my family, but plenty of depression.
    I saw parts of the service on TV....seemed pretty low key. if there were any celebrities there, they kept their pie holes SHUT. which is a blessing in it's self.
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain


    <a href=http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 target=_blank>http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360</a>

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,141
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Thanks ends

    And yeah, I bet you're right about stars being more likely to show up at the Nashville service.
    Not seeing anything on Nashville memorial or where/if they are burying her (dang it). There really are a limited number of cemeteries here, I always thought it was because so many get shipped home out of state for burial.

    Anyone have any info on burial? Family isn't saying yet and I don't blame them.

    ETA... Find a grave is now saying Alva cemetery.
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 02-28-2013 at 02:39 PM.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Southwest Broward County
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by phineas117 View Post
    welcome sunrae! sorry to hear of your loss. suicide....touches so many people. I truly think , that a person who commits suicide is not in their right mind. blessed not to have any suicides in my family, but plenty of depression.
    Thank you. Coming from a Sociology/criminal justice background, and, unfortunately, having a couple of distant friends/acquaintances that had committed suicide also, I thought that I was quite knowledgeable about it and possible warning signs. When it is someone close though...everything that you think you know - it means nothing. I agree that a person who commits suicide is not in their right mind (although they might want to argue and feel that they have perfect clarity)...I feel that the pain and frustration has so overwhelmed them, that their world has shrunk to such a small point that is all they see anymore; and how could anybody be in their right mind if that's all they see and feel? But for the people left to pick up the pieces after a suicide, even "knowing" that there's still a part that thinks "woulda', coulda', shoulda'", and I'm not sure that will ever go away. It hasn't after 4 years.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5

    Very sad situation...

    First and foremost, holy hell I love this forum; I love reading everyone's posts. Secondly, as a music freak (specifically country and rock), I've followed Mindy's career since the beginning. Mindy was always mentally ill. Her behavior on and off stage sabotaged her career and her relationships. She'd always had a rocky relationship with her mother (who seems to have some issues herself), she craved drama, and her narcissistic personality made her almost impossible to get along with. Now, I'm not saying she had this coming, nor am I saying that suicide is something to take lightly- it isn't. But I will say that this young woman destroyed her own career and relationships. She had access to help for her mental issues. The problem with narcissistic personalities is the incredible ability to manipulate and talk their way out of anything. Mindy was sent to rehab JUST before her suicide because of her physical and mental condition and the lack of care for her children and their environment. She was CLEARED for OUT-PATIENT rehabilitation. How did this happen? This woman had a long history of suicide attempts, drug addiction, as well as criminal behavior. Somehow, she convinced the clinic that she was stable enough to not be an in-patient. It's sad, but this type of thing happens everyday. It's so sad that these two little boys will have to grow up without their mother. Mentally ill or not, she was still their mom.

    http://www.cmt.com/news/nashville-sk...ontender.jhtml

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,250
    Here is the Youtube Link to the 1998 documentary "Naked Nashville" mentioned above:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brnHqxHDth0

    There are quite a few parts...
    My Posse's On Broadway

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    Here is the Youtube Link to the 1998 documentary "Naked Nashville" mentioned above:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brnHqxHDth0

    There are quite a few parts...
    Thanks for finding that! I haven't seen it in years! So much talent, wasted.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I agree with you all. Severely depressed people, possibly even more with chemical dependency issues, are not in their right mind. I've been through both, and the combination of the two is HARD. I have stated before that it's a way to end the pain, much like taking an aspirin for a headache. It's definitely not the right way and as they say a permanent solution to a temporary problem, but that's not how it is when you are in the situation.


    I agree, too....I've been at the point of just saying, "screw it!" but something...SOMETHING inside always made me stop....
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I agree, too....I've been at the point of just saying, "screw it!" but something...SOMETHING inside always made me stop....
    Me too.

    ""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy


  9. #209
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    10
    The Enquirer says there were puppies removed from the house, and that the dead dog was the mother (or father? I don't know if the dog was male or female.)
    http://www.nationalenquirer.com/cele...-kill-own-kids

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,141
    I wish Billy McKnight would shut his pie hole and show a little class.

    He is using all of this to get his sorry ass on camera or print anywhere he can.

    His son is going to grow up and read all this one day.

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,938
    Mindy sure had a lot of shameless opportunists in her life. I agree that he needs to shut his mouth and the "friend" needs to quit releasing private phone conversations.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by Nansei View Post
    The Enquirer says there were puppies removed from the house, and that the dead dog was the mother (or father? I don't know if the dog was male or female.)
    http://www.nationalenquirer.com/cele...-kill-own-kids
    The Enquirer cracks me up. The way they write shit always sounds so amateurish - "a pal said", "a close friend revealed", "the singer's final shocking days!". What if someone just had some boring, unshocking final days? Their writing hasn't changed an iota since the 80s. They do get some badass pictures though.

    I got the People magazine with Mindy on the cover and I was kind of surprised that Dean Cain is quoted in the article yapping away about his old ass relationship with Mindy. He never said a word about her while she was alive but now he's happy to talk about a relationship that ended like 15 years ago! I guess I can see why he talked - I'm fairly certain no one is checking for him and he was thrilled to bits to finally have the media pay attention to his irrelevant ass.

    And her son's father, Billy Bob Whatshisface, should shut his word hole. He's the same dude that beat the hell out of her and tried to kill her and now he's throwing shade on her? Come on, dude. Say "no comment" and think of your damn kid. Right or wrong, that was his mom and he will likely read that mess one day.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,141
    Nashville memorial is today.

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SE Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    8,804
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneticElectric View Post
    The Enquirer cracks me up. The way they write shit always sounds so amateurish - "a pal said", "a close friend revealed", "the singer's final shocking days!". What if someone just had some boring, unshocking final days? Their writing hasn't changed an iota since the 80s. They do get some badass pictures though.

    I had the same thought about one of the Mindy magazine covers. It said something like a tragic life's troubled last days, and all I could think was I think you got your adjectives/adverbs in the wrong order
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Land of Enchantment
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by steel_magnolia View Post
    First and foremost, holy hell I love this forum; I love reading everyone's posts. Secondly, as a music freak (specifically country and rock), I've followed Mindy's career since the beginning. Mindy was always mentally ill. Her behavior on and off stage sabotaged her career and her relationships. She'd always had a rocky relationship with her mother (who seems to have some issues herself), she craved drama, and her narcissistic personality made her almost impossible to get along with. Now, I'm not saying she had this coming, nor am I saying that suicide is something to take lightly- it isn't. But I will say that this young woman destroyed her own career and relationships. She had access to help for her mental issues. The problem with narcissistic personalities is the incredible ability to manipulate and talk their way out of anything. Mindy was sent to rehab JUST before her suicide because of her physical and mental condition and the lack of care for her children and their environment. She was CLEARED for OUT-PATIENT rehabilitation. How did this happen? This woman had a long history of suicide attempts, drug addiction, as well as criminal behavior. Somehow, she convinced the clinic that she was stable enough to not be an in-patient. It's sad, but this type of thing happens everyday. It's so sad that these two little boys will have to grow up without their mother. Mentally ill or not, she was still their mom.
    Its a tragic situation but unfortunately someone who has been in and out of rehabs and mental health treatment knows what to say to be released from such a facility. Although past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior, mental health and addiction professionals have to rely a great deal on client self-report. If someone denies being suicidal/homicidal the law will not allow us to keep that person in treatment. I have had times when I have known in my heart that discharging someone was the wrong thing to do but the law says they must be discharged. Happily I have been proven wrong more than I have been proven correct. The law really ties our hands in many cases and a client who has been 'round the block knows it. Mindy knew it and her sons are paying the price.

    I mean, they say you die twice.
    One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.

    Banksy

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where East meets West
    Posts
    1,808
    I'm sure this comes as no shock, but her mom (shameful opportunist that she is) is supposed to be writing a tell-all book about Mindy. I could not find any evidence this has been completed, it may be due to the fact that it's happened so long ago and there is little interest, so therefor no publisher. I also wonder what happened to her youngest son, anyone know?
    http://radaronline.com/exclusives/20...-writing-book/
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,923
    I so miss her music everyday.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,250
    So crazy that you posted this - I was listening to her yesterday and then searched for a podcast about her. Such a tragic story...
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I so miss her music everyday.
    My Posse's On Broadway

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •