Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Woman fatally shot in home of Olympic runner Oscar Pistorius

Katrinawitch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    If anybody has footage of Oscar puking in the courtroom...please post it here.
    Haaaa! I would be interested in seeing that, too! Then again, even hearing someone heaving could set me off!

His version just doesn't make sense. I think they fought and she was seeking refuge in the bathroom. Who takes the phone to the bathroom in the middle of the night? And the biggie.....You grabbed a gun not noticing your girlfriend wasn't in bed beside you? I hope you go to prison for a long, long time.

I'm glad to hear someone is thinking the same thing.. he's as guilty as hell.

meclaudius Guest
    Forensics have determined that his version of events are true. The bullets were fired from about three feet off the floor, meaning that he wasn't wearing his prosthetic legs. That doesn't mean that she didn't hide in the bathroom and he didn't crawl over to it with the gun.

Lollilou Guest
    Were the marks on the door from the baseball bat made before or after the shooting? I'm thinking they could have been made before as Oscar tried to force her out of the bathroom when it didn't work he got the gun.
    I believe they had a row and she locked herself in the bathroom with her phone. Why would you lock the door in your boyfriends house in the middle of the night? I only do that if I have guests in the house.

Many times, I've noticed in shots that were taken of him from behind, its easy to see that he's actually checking his phone. I know he wants the trier of fact to think that he's so distraught that he can't even hold his fool head up, but he's checking his text messages or watching something on the internet. I can't wait until the guilty verdict comes down. I also think he should be in consideration for next year's Academy Awards because clearly he should be nominated for something for this courtroom performance.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    Many times, I've noticed in shots that were taken of him from behind, its easy to see that he's actually checking his phone. I know he wants the trier of fact to think that he's so distraught that he can't even hold his fool head up, but he's checking his text messages or watching something on the internet. I can't wait until the guilty verdict comes down. I also think he should be in consideration for next year's Academy Awards because clearly he should be nominated for something for this courtroom performance.
    I agree with you regarding the Academy Award. He reminds me of Susan Smith, when she claimed her car was car jacked with her children inside and she had a press converence and carried on and cried (forced crying) and was all emotional. I remember seeing the press converence on TV and thinking "She's overacting. She's faking it."

That is who Oscar is acting like. He's been over acting since they first arrested him. I just hope the jury isn't stupid enough to buy into his fake hysterics.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    I agree with you regarding the Academy Award. He reminds me of Susan Smith, when she claimed her car was car jacked with her children inside and she had a press converence and carried on and cried (forced crying) and was all emotional. I remember seeing the press converence on TV and thinking "She's overacting. She's faking it."

That is who Oscar is acting like. He's been over acting since they first arrested him. I just hope the jury isn't stupid enough to buy into his fake hysterics.
    Even if they are "moved" by his courtroom emotions, I would think that the evidence would speak for itself. There is just no getting over the fact that others heard screaming from the victim, they had been fighting, and she was in a defense posture when she was shot. That poor young woman was just brutalized in the worst way possible. If he's acquitted or given a light sentence, it will be the biggest upset since the Casey Anthony and Jodi Arias outcomes.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

weirdgurl Guest
    I really want to see video of him puking. Gross but true, I really do.

He's good isn't he ! I hope the bastard goes down for this.

UniPolarMommaBear Guest
    Well, let's hope the female judge isn't swayed by his theatrics. I think he did it in cold blood, but I would be more worried if there was a jury. There isn't.
    I will try and track down a loop of him retching - if I am in a bind - will one of me doing it suffice?? I can do it in a hoity toity accent even...

weirdgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by UniPolarMommaBear View Post
    Well, let's hope the female judge isn't swayed by his theatrics. I think he did it in cold blood, but I would be more worried if there was a jury. There isn't.
    I will try and track down a loop of him retching - if I am in a bind - will one of me doing it suffice?? I can do it in a hoity toity accent even...
    Hmmm... If you can do the accent that might be okay

Oscar was on the internet at 1:48AM, Reeva was shot after 3:00AM. So much for his story that they had been in bed and asleep since 10PM.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...423770228.html
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Oscar was on the internet at 1:48AM, Reeva was shot after 3:00AM. So much for his story that they had been in bed and asleep since 10PM.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...423770228.html
    kinda goes along with what my dad always told me...nothing good happens after 1am so you should be home.

meclaudius Guest
    Well, I've had some REALLY good things happen after 1AM, ya know?!

so whats the hold up???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
    kinda goes along with what my dad always told me...nothing good happens after 1am so you should be home.
    That's usually when most of the fun happens.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

Here you go Hags, the gory pics of the crime scene.

Blood up the walls and a gun on the floor: The grisly scene that met police on arrival at Pistorius' villa after he shot dead his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp

A blood splattered cricket bat, a pistol on the mat and a pool of blood at the bottom of the stairs - this is the horrific scene faced by police when they entered Oscar Pistorius's home.
    The photographs show the blood-soaked bathroom in his villa in Pretoria where the runner shot his model girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on February 14, 2013.

The gun used to kill Miss Steenkamp lies on a small mat while a bloodied cricket bat lies nearby.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2xYTTleay

I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Lollilou Guest
    Why is there blood on the cricket bat when it allegedly only used to break down the door?

Well any not guilty thoughts I had are now gone. Unless he has a bleeding door he didn't use the cricket bat to just break down the door. Also the blood splatter in the hallway couldn't have been from him carrying her deceased down stairs. The scene screams that he chased her upstairs while hitting her with the bat and then shot her in the bathroom where she was hiding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Here you go Hags, the gory pics of the crime scene.

Blood up the walls and a gun on the floor: The grisly scene that met police on arrival at Pistorius' villa after he shot dead his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp

A blood splattered cricket bat, a pistol on the mat and a pool of blood at the bottom of the stairs - this is the horrific scene faced by police when they entered Oscar Pistorius's home.
    The photographs show the blood-soaked bathroom in his villa in Pretoria where the runner shot his model girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on February 14, 2013.

The gun used to kill Miss Steenkamp lies on a small mat while a bloodied cricket bat lies nearby.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2xYTTleay

Whose blood on the cricket bat?

babyblujems Guest
    May I just say, I find it very interesting that the defense attacked the couple who heard the screams by saying that their stories are too alike so they must have rehearsed them. Ummm I don't know about you but when I witness something with other people our stories seem to be pretty alike with no rehearsal

Katrinawitch Guest
    The Today Show has been covering this trial, and showing clips throughout the morning each day. My daughter was getting ready for work this morning, and came into my room to watch a bit with me. She was amazed that there's no jury in this trial, just the judge making the decision.

Pistorius begain testifying this week. I find it interesting that the trial is being televised, but there's no camera on him, just audio. The prosecution pretty much attacked him right away when doing their cross-exam; the prosecutor was almost yelling at him to actually say the words, "I killed Reeva". Of course, he was crying and sobbing loudly during a lot of his answers. They showed a photo to the court of Reeva's head after the shooting, and Pistorius, crying hysterically, vehemently took the court to task for making him look at the photo. How is this allowed?!

I'm also baffled by the fact that he addressed the prosecutor, a man, as "My Lady" when answering questions. I know the judge is a woman, but I'm confused about the whole "My Lady" thing. I guess it's similar to "Your Honor" here in the US, but there isn't a gender-specific salutation to a male?

They're saying the head shot meant she was so brain damaged that she wouldn't be able to scream, but that the first shot hit her hip. So the shot, scream, more shots, silence is plausible. But it means he knew who he shot after that first one, if not before.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrinawitch View Post
    The Today Show has been covering this trial, and showing clips throughout the morning each day. My daughter was getting ready for work this morning, and came into my room to watch a bit with me. She was amazed that there's no jury in this trial, just the judge making the decision.

Pistorius begain testifying this week. I find it interesting that the trial is being televised, but there's no camera on him, just audio. The prosecution pretty much attacked him right away when doing their cross-exam; the prosecutor was almost yelling at him to actually say the words, "I killed Reeva". Of course, he was crying and sobbing loudly during a lot of his answers. They showed a photo to the court of Reeva's head after the shooting, and Pistorius, crying hysterically, vehemently took the court to task for making him look at the photo. How is this allowed?!

I'm also baffled by the fact that he addressed the prosecutor, a man, as "My Lady" when answering questions. I know the judge is a woman, but I'm confused about the whole "My Lady" thing. I guess it's similar to "Your Honor" here in the US, but there isn't a gender-specific salutation to a male?
    i thought it was odd when they allowed him to address her family too. Not like the US at all.

meclaudius Guest
    Isn't it generally a judge-decided thing in South Africa? I thought that there were no juries in trials there.

I need to say one thing. I'm having a hard time listening to him blubbering on the stand. His voice is so annoying, I can hardly stand it. He should be convicted simply for that! And, furthermore, even if he was innocent, I have no respect for him for not growing a pair and testifying confidently.

That said, even if he isn't found guilty, the guy is going to be a South African OJ. At least that's my feeling about his situation. He's basically going to have to go away. It's not like he's going to get many endorsements after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
    i thought it was odd when they allowed him to address her family too. Not like the US at all.
    Actually I have seen it quite a bit. It depends on the judge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

I've seen clips on the news of his testimony. I'm really tired of all the sobbing and whining. It's getting old. I really believe it's an act, he's trying to get sympathy by acting pathetic. I think he's trying to show how unstable and what a coward he is so he will get off. By pretending to be fearful and upset, he's trying to show how he was that night he killed his girlfriend and therefore he wasn't responsible for her death. That's my theory anyway.

Even if there was a home invader, the person was in the toilet cubicle with the door closed. Hardly a threat. All he had to do was call the cops. The shooting was unjustified whichever way you look at it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Even if there was a home invader, the person was in the toilet cubicle with the door closed. Hardly a threat. All he had to do was call the cops. The shooting was unjustified whichever way you look at it.
    When you wake up and THINK you hear an intruder would you then ask your lover who is lying less than a foot away if they heard it too?
    Or would you just roll off the bed and stir your stumps and blow the bathroom door to hell?

Seriously, what a lame ass story

meclaudius Guest
    I love how the judge doesn't seem to give two shits about how upset he is.

Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    When you wake up and THINK you hear an intruder would you then ask your lover who is lying less than a foot away if they heard it too?
    Or would you just roll off the bed and stir your stumps and blow the bathroom door to hell?

I agree. If I woke up and my husband was not in bed and I heard a noise in the bathroom I would assume it was him in there, not an intruder.

Giada Guest
    Call the cops ...

He was wealthy enough to have private security 24/7, but he chose instead to collect and brandish guns. BTW, today he does have private security 24/7. GZ, MD, CR, OP, similar profiles. "Perps who play the role of victims."

Giada Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post

At the very least this is manslaughter.

For those who wondered juries were abolished with apartheid.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...h-african-law/

In South Africa, juries were abolished along with the apartheid system. As a result,
    Pistorious
    faces the challenge of convincing an experienced judge that he made an honest mistake in believing that he was firing at an intruder.

The judge does give the final decision, but not without consult. Note she has legal counsel on either side of her during the trial.

Head Shot Photo !

Quote Originally Posted by Emzy View Post
    They're saying the head shot meant she was so brain damaged that she wouldn't be able to scream, but that the first shot hit her hip. So the shot, scream, more shots, silence is plausible. But it means he knew who he shot after that first one, if not before.
    "Zombie Stopper"

Hasn't anyone posted the 'Head Wound' picture yet ?

*Not sure if it's too graphic to post actual photo so here's link:

http://drum.co.za/uncategorized/warn...hown-in-court/

Quote Originally Posted by newenglander View Post
    i agree. If i woke up and my husband was not in bed and i heard a noise in the bathroom i would assume it was him in there, not an intruder.
    exactly!

i heard this dick's voice and it's so fucking annoying! ugh. i think his "emotion" is a big act and I HOPE the judge finds him guilty. but, I just have a bad feeling that this murderer
    will walk.

That prosecutor is a pit bull. Seems Oscar is changing his story on the fly.

“Your defence has now changed, sir, from putative self-defence to involuntary action. Is that what you’re telling me?”

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/...-1226884206535
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by All Hope is Gone View Post
    "Zombie Stopper"

Hasn't anyone posted the 'Head Wound' picture yet ?

*Not sure if it's too graphic to post actual photo so here's link:

http://drum.co.za/uncategorized/warn...hown-in-court/

Eeck she looks like JFK...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ted Challinor Guest
    I too think he's as guilty as sin. Of premeditated murder. I just hope the judge and panel do too. What the prosecution haven't built is a substantial motive for the night in question, leading to a fatal argument. Was Reeva in contact with an ex-bf that emerged that night, was she screaming? Whatever the true facts the world was waiting for Pistorius to 'be a man' and admit to all, but he has kept to his weak story which is barely conceivable on any level. What will his life be afterwards, even if he gets a lesser charge? His athletics career is over, surely,and freed at some later date might he enlist some PR company to slowly rehabilitate his image through all the sycophantic tv 'chat shows' we have today? Its a shame he isn't subjected to a real interview, aka Frost/Nixon and maybe then a truth might emerge.
    A final thought: wasn't she so beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Challinor View Post
    I too think he's as guilty as sin. Of premeditated murder. I just hope the judge and panel do too. What the prosecution haven't built is a substantial motive for the night in question, leading to a fatal argument. Was Reeva in contact with an ex-bf that emerged that night, was she screaming? Whatever the true facts the world was waiting for Pistorius to 'be a man' and admit to all, but he has kept to his weak story which is barely conceivable on any level. What will his life be afterwards, even if he gets a lesser charge? His athletics career is over, surely,and freed at some later date might he enlist some PR company to slowly rehabilitate his image through all the sycophantic tv 'chat shows' we have today? Its a shame he isn't subjected to a real interview, aka Frost/Nixon and maybe then a truth might emerge.
    A final thought: wasn't she so beautiful.
    He has yet another trial to go after this one. Even if he luck's out in this one, he will probably go up the river in the next one.

Either way, he is fucked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

He has yet another trial to go after this one. Even if he luck's out in this one, he will probably go up the river in the next one.

Either way, he is fucked.
    Other trial????

Ted Challinor Guest
    Yes , what other trial? BTW, no jokes, I've heard them all

I read it in an article last week in one of the Aussie papers. Give me some time as I am going to have to do a little digging to find it. Something to do with a legal requirement because of involuntary manslaughter. Maybe a civil case a' la' O.J.?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Judge knows the truth.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I think he is also. I was just reading that he might have taken acting lessons before the trial ! It seems a bit absurd, but it would explain the "performance" he is giving. I do believe he intended to kill her for whatever reason, and like OJ Simpson before him felt a certain justification in doing so. He can wail and vomit all he wants, the man has no moral conscience.

So....this may be old news now but what was the latest, last verdict here??? I haven't been paying attention.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good god, she was going to give a speech the next day on DV?

http://www.examiner.com/article/osca...peech-by-reeva

Oh wow. I wish I could watch the show on tonight but I don't have TV just Hulu Plus and Netflix.

Is Steenkamp a fairly common name in South Africa? I just wondered because when I searched for her name it shows another case in S. Africa that was apparently a huge case, the murder of a Steenkamp family on their farm. The young son showed up at the police station covered in blood saying his family was dead. They ended up convicting two unrelated minors if I remember correctly.

http://www.enca.com/south-africa/ste...face-judgement

Bettie, CBS is pretty good about putting 48 Hours episodes online. This episode might be on cbs.com in about a week,
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]