Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird food

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    I'm afraid to ask but, what are calf fries?
    Mountain oysters
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Nuggets on a Beaver is a stop sign for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Nuggets on a Beaver is a stop sign for me.
    Haha. They sell Rocky Mountain Oysters at Braves games. I wouldn't eat one for any kind of money. Mammy, mayo gives mashed potatoes a nice zing. She would peel and boil the potatoes, strain 'em, dump 'em in a big bowl and add about a table spoon of mayo, a lump of butter, milk, and seasoning. I do the same. Except I taste of mine while mixing 'em up and when they have that flavor I scream "Them's mashed tatters!" Lol.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Haha. They sell Rocky Mountain Oysters at Braves games. I wouldn't eat one for any kind of money. Mammy, mayo gives mashed potatoes a nice zing. She would peel and boil the potatoes, strain 'em, dump 'em in a big bowl and add about a table spoon of mayo, a lump of butter, milk, and seasoning. I do the same. Except I taste of mine while mixing 'em up and when they have that flavor I scream "Them's mashed tatters!" Lol.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that neither calf fries nor Rocky Mountain oysters are a shellfish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Mammy Guest
    My Mom always fixed the mashed potatoes from a box. She's a great cook, but real mashed potatoes is something she just didn't do. I love the mashed potatoes at Texas Roadhouse and Red Lobster.

They are beef testicles and they are delicious!

Mammy Guest
    MM, I guess you are right that they aren't shellfish, unless shellfish has beef balls.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that neither calf fries nor Rocky Mountain oysters are a shellfish.
    Nope, just balls off various critters. Male of course.

Noted. I'm not going to knock it. I'm not saying I would eat it if it were in front of me, it would probably depend on how hungry I was. It's not the part itself, but what it produces that that grosses most people out anyway. Besides, I eat escargot every chance I get, a lot of people think that's gross.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Mammy Guest
    What do they compare to taste wise and texture?

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    What do they compare to taste wise and texture?
    Escargot? Or cow testicles? Or what testicles produce?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Mammy Guest
    Well, I was clear as mud wasn't I? I was asking about the testicles, but now I'm curious about the escargot. I'll leave what the testicles produce to the imagination.

I thought the oysters tasted kind of like fried chicken livers. I only tried them once when I was a kid, I remember liking them though.

Lol. Escargot is usually garlic buttery, consistency close to a mushroom, and tastes kind of like steamed mussels but not as fishy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Tell you what, I'd eat a ball before I'd ate crawling slime.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mammy Guest
    I have tried chicken livers and didn't like them at all, so I likely wouldn't like these either. I don't like any kind of liver or gizzards. I'm so grateful for chicken, just regular old everyday chicken. I'm not too adventurous with food.

Tell you what, I'd eat a ball before I'd ate crawling slime.
    that's good to know.

Since I was born in Scotland thought to
    try -Haggis- they said it was a sheeps stomach
    with it's liver, heart with some onions.

Had one bite, nope give me North American
    fast food anytime.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Mammy Guest
    Dang, London, that nearly made me gag! Who was the first person who ever thought trying to eat a sheep's stomach was a good idea? They must have been really hungry to even think about such a thing.

Dang, London, that nearly made me gag! Who was the first person who ever thought trying to eat a sheep's stomach was a good idea? They must have been really hungry to even think about such a thing.
    LOL, It was during a big Scottish Holiday, Robert
    Burns day (25th of January) never again to eat bad
    food from the Country where I was born.

Mammy Guest
    Thanks for the explanation, but I'm still grossed out. Lol

I have tried chicken livers and didn't like them at all, so I likely wouldn't like these either. I don't like any kind of liver or gizzards. I'm so grateful for chicken, just regular old everyday chicken. I'm not too adventurous with food.
    Ew. I hate chicken livers. Everybody in my family loves them and when mama would fry up some she'd always fix me pork chops. Remember when KFC sold chicken gizzards? Puke!

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    that's good to know.
    Ahahaha

Now I forgot what I was gonna say...ummmm...geez--Oh yeah! I worked with a guy who loved chitlins (chicken guts). So one day I asked him how he cooked 'em and he said "I fry the shit out of them." LMAO
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mammy Guest
    Our KFC still sells them. My husband loves them. "I fry the shit out of them" LMAO!

They busted a multimillion dollar rat meat ring in china. I'm a little surprised selling rat meat is illegal in China. I've seen what Anthony Bourdain does over there. Gross.
    http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/26...ne-million.htm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Barf!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I know this sounds crazy, but hot cheetos dipped in cottage cheese are yum. Try it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mammy Guest
    OMG, I wouldn't eat cottage cheese if I was starving to death! Lol

What about cream cheese?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I used to hate cottage cheese but now I like it once in a while. It has to be really cold though and I have to put some salt on it. Sometimes I'll get it at the salad bar at work and it's not quite cold enough and that's gross. I've had some bleeding ulcers and trying to eat stuff that's easier on the stomach like cottage cheese and yogurt.

OMG, I love fried chicken gizzards! I like the livers too but I love gizzards. I also love raw oysters. Mmmm, with some hot sauce and a beer chaser. I'll suck crawfish heads too but you won't catch me eating rocky mountain oysters. No way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My friend's boyfriend used to love those chicken gizzards too!! He would fry em up and we would just be dying lol. Not our thing but we didn't grow up with it like he did I think that makes a lot of difference for some of those weird foods.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure fried chicken gizzards are a southern thing. I won't swear to it but I think they are. It's like boiled peanuts. I love those but anyone who isn't from the deep south thinks they are disgusting. Well I'm sure there are non southerners who like them but you get my meaning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    What about cream cheese?
    Cheetos and cream cheese sounds yummy.

radiojane Guest
    I've developed a disturbing habit of dipping my aged cheddar cheese sticks into Renee's greek feta dressing lately. Tastes divine.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Cheetos and cream cheese sounds yummy.
    Damn near anything is yummy with cream cheese,

Mammy Guest
    My Mom makes a dip that is cream cheese covered in cocktail sauce and has the tiny canned shrimp on it. We eat it with Ritz crackers. It looks really nasty (we nicknamed it placenta loaf) but it is really good. I like cream cheese with other foods, but not by itself.

I've had that Mammy. It's good. One thing I like that some people cant fathom is pickle dogs. Take a piece of deli ham, spread it with cream cheese, put a pickle on it, roll it up and eat. I thought it was the weirdest thing when I first heard of it when someone brought it to a potluck at work, but man are they good.

Here in Ecuador, some people, especially in the highlands of the Andes like to eat Cuy which is similar to guinea pigs. I have never tried it, nor do I intend to, although friends insist it tastes great. Yep...like chicken. I always tell them I dont eat rats.

Ewwww! They look like little piggies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I've had that Mammy. It's good. One thing I like that some people cant fathom is pickle dogs. Take a piece of deli ham, spread it with cream cheese, put a pickle on it, roll it up and eat. I thought it was the weirdest thing when I first heard of it when someone brought it to a potluck at work, but man are they good.
    That sounds really good to me. When I'm hungry, I want something I can grab quick and not have to cook.

There's no way I could eat those little piggy looking things. That's sad looking.

radiojane Guest
    I love that dip Mammy! And I'm trying not to show my poor guinea pig that picture!

i used to eat roast beef with cream cheese rolled up in it. Mmmm. Cream cheese!

How about, French Fries with gravy and cheese.
    = Poutine. Something we enjoy here in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    How about, French Fries with gravy and cheese.
    = Poutine. Something we enjoy here in Canada.
    We enjoy that in San Diego too! SoCal's awesome Mexican fast food joints usually offer fries with cheese/gravy/carne asada etc. Yum.

Test Tube Meat

GOD IS NOT DEAD

Now that is scary. I would be afraid to eat it.

I would become a vegetarian before I ate that creepslop.

I can remember when I was a kid they predicted that one day we would pop food pills instead of actually eating it. That was like over forty years ago and it hasn't happened yet, so this might just be another wild idea to waste money.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I would never wanna eat anything that looks like paint balls and/or feel like crackling pop rocks in your mouth (according to the article).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

I would become a vegetarian before I ate that creepslop.

I can remember when I was a kid they predicted that one day we would pop food pills instead of actually eating it. That was like over forty years ago and it hasn't happened yet, so this might just be another wild idea to waste money.
    Same here, I will just be a vegetarian. There is no way I am eating meat grown in a petri dish.

jjropes23 Guest
    Alright so congrats death hags, the pictures on the first page actually made me physically nauseous which is something not even the worst gore could do. Weird food wise I absolutely positively LOVE a bologna and cheese sandwich with a soft baked chocolate chip cookie that has a little crunch and salt and vinegar chips all smooshed in the sandwich. So tasty!

PurrPurr Guest
    Not sure if this qualifies as weird food, but Cheetos has come out with a Mountain Dew flavor which are only available in Japan but apparently can be ordered online for $3.50 a pack. Still, eeeeooow. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/foodbe...b_4555084.html