Thread: Dearly Departed Weekend October 2012

Dearly Departed Weekend October 2012

In October of 2012, Death Hags from around the country (and possibly the world) will gather in Los Angeles for a festive weekend of Deathy Goodness. Cocktail party in a creaky old theater, Buffet dinner in a mausoleum and a day trip to the site of a disaster and special guests including The Los Angeles County Coroner. Heaven.

Tickets go on sale Monday morning - details here:

http://www.findadeath.com/DDT/WEEKEN...eekend2012.htm

Or facebook it here: http://www.facebook.com/DDTWeekend
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

Oh how I would love to attend this!!!! Living on the east coast and having no do-re-mi means that I'll have to experience this one vicariously. Kudos to you Scott for putting together what looks to be a fabulous weekend!!!!Name:  Wizard of Oz Shoes.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  17.8 KB

Pryncis Guest
    Since this is the "first annual" will next year's fall at about the same time of year? I want to do this so bad but there's no way I can get the funds together soon enough to make it there.

If all goes to plan it will be an annual event taking place during the first weekend of October.

Pryncis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    If all goes to plan it will be an annual event taking place during the first weekend of October.
    Thank you Scott! I'd have to hit the lottery to make it this year. Hopefully for next year, if all goes well, I'll be able to save a little extra financial aid from school and come to LA. I'm looking forward to it!

1karenhb Guest
    Just bought my ticket. Sounds like a great weekend. Hope you can make it next year Pryncis!

Maybe I don't see the info, but is there a meeting place and time on Friday, Sat & Sun where we meet to get in vans/bus to head to Union Theater, etc.?

1karenhb Guest
    I'm sure that info will be provided later. We are probably on our own transportation wise to get to the venues.

mandee1005 Guest
    The week I will be having my baby! This shit always happens to me!! I wish I could be there!

I could definitely dig going to this!!.If not this year, because Id wanna go all-out with the supreme package, I would definitely plan for next yr

Good Luck on it

Paige B Guest
    I'm going!!!! I am SOOO excited :-) Thank you, Scott for putting together Death Hag paradise!! :-)

intothelight Guest
    I wanna go so badly! Hopefully, I can next year because I'd definitely do the Supreme package and I don't think I could afford that this year..

I am going to do the supreme package, my brother is coming with me and maybe 1 other. I am still trying to figure out where to stay. Is anyone else flying in for this?

I am so glad you are coming in! Central Hollywood would seem to be the best bet to me. Car pooling is a good option from there. The Renaissance is now Loews.

Just bought 3 supreme tickets for myself and 2 others! All of us from Ohio! Airplane tickets are next on the list now that I know how many are comic with me! Still trying to figure out best place to stay for us.

Well, it might be the Hyatt on Sunset - we'll know tomorrow night! So glad you are coming and bringing more. I'm really excited about these venues andn the schedule of things. I wish everyone could come.

If this happens next year, I'm going to try to make it then. It sounds like a lot of fun!

Me Mammy and Maryd are gonna save our pennies and attend next year! Right guys?

Ummmm, I thought you were gonna work your magic on some money shrubbery?????

(Seriously, I would like to say that I could save up for the trip. Who knows? I just might be able to do it!)

Quote Originally Posted by maryd View Post
    Ummmm, I thought you were gonna work your magic on some money shrubbery?????

(Seriously, I would like to say that I could save up for the trip. Who knows? I just might be able to do it!)
    I'm still working on it. Greatness takes time.

We can do it! Start saving. I'll meet you in Virginia from Boston. Woot!

Congrats Colicky, on winning the two nights at the Hyatt on Sunset!

I can't make it this year - will be in San Fran on business and will not be able to sneak down (DAMN!!) - will be saving my pennies for next year though!
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

THANK YOU! I am so happy to be able to come out and be a part of this weekend! I'm sure it will be amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

YuukaK Guest
    God I wish I could do this. I'd love to meet all you Hags. Scott, you especially since the site helped me realize it was okay to be interested on how celebs (and not so famous people) died.

I would love to go but dont have the funds, will save up for hopefully next year.

Foul_play Guest
    Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if this question is in the wrong location. I may be missing something, but I can't figure out how to pay for the balance of my ticket. When I bought the ticket, my only options were to pay for the ticket in full before July 15th or pay a $50 deposit. I didn't pay in full since I was buying the ticket after July 15th. Anyway, how do I pay the remainder? Thanks!!!

http://www.redorbit.com/news/science...-full-weekend/ Looking forward to this - hope a lot of you can make it!

babyblujems Guest
    Would love to but alas....school and work must come first.

It's going to be fadulous!

Listening to Scott talk right now. Gosh I wish I could go to this!

I'm really looking forward to meeting some of you guys this weekend!

Awake, spending the night in a hotel before flying to LA in AM! Can't wait to see everyone this weekend!

I wish that I could be there! One of these days....

Stopped in Scott's store yesterday but he wasn't there. Sniff. But had a great talk with Brian who will be speaking tomorrow night. Less than 24 hours to go!

Pryncis Guest
    I hope everyone has a great time! I know you all will. Oh how I wish I could be there. I'm so jealous! Make sure you come here each day and let us know how much fun you're having!!! I'm so excited for everyone that is going. Hope I get the chance next year!

Everyone enjoy the weekend! I echo Pryncis, check in and give us a report please!
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

Last might was great, just got back from the disaster tour, getting ready for dinner tonight! Will post a detailed account later, but this weekend is amazing! Can't wait for the dinner tonight! Every hour is better than the one before!

well.....we are waiting to hear all about the weekend!!

What happened? Did everyone die??? bwaha
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

Sorry I missed you, Colicky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

40. 12-21-2018, 02:00 PM

41. 12-23-2018, 12:25 PM