Thread: Death Hag Weekend and Dearly Departed News!

Death Hag Weekend and Dearly Departed News!

First off, I've launched a series of interviews that I call Dearly Departed Online. I've interviewed Casey Lalonde, the grandson of Joan Crawford, Martin Flaherty who was Rock Hudson's Estate Manager, and this week I posted my interview with Jim Tipton of www.findagrave.com.

http://www.findadeath.com/podcast/

In the meantime, Findadeath has been updated with Sandra Dee, Davy Jones, Whitney Houston, the Looking for Mr. Goodbar victim and other atrocious goodies.

www.findadeath.com

Now for the VERY exciting news!

Dearly Departed Tours has a new home! As of Sunday April 1, our tour will "depart" from 6603 Sunset Boulevard. Also, inside our modest little shop you can see some of the artifacts I've (with help) gathered over the years. Swoon over the door from the hotel room where Divine died, or reflect in awe at a piece of John Denver's airplane and... wait for it... GASP over the pink Samsonite suitcase that Jayne Mansfield packed on the night she died. It was IN THE TRUNK OF THE CAR, and HAS DAMAGE FROM THE ACCIDENT! Yeah, I know. Crazy. You can also pick up Death Hag and Dearly Departed swag. Wish us luck! pretty please?

http://www.dearlydepartedtours.com/meetinglocation.htm

How would you like to join your fellow Death Hags on a field trip? On Sunday April 22 at 12:00pm, we're having an outing! Recently my friend Kathleen took me on a visit to the Holy Land Experience and I was enthralled. Even if you aren't religious this is a fascinating place to visit. It's a non-offensive (well, to me) trip down Bible-memory lane, originally created by a modern-ish day Indiana Jones who really was looking for the Lost Ark, presented in a Route 66 kind of way.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguid..._los_angeles-i

"This museum, founded in 1924, is certainly one of Southern California's forgotten gems. The collection here contains a wealth of Middle Eastern artifacts, some of which are more than 2,000 years old. Collected by explorer Antonio F. Futterer during his years abroad, some of the smaller items here include lamps, bottles and coins. The impressive mummy casket dates 600 years before the birth of Christ. Today, Holyland Exhibition can be visited only by appointment for a small fee, which covers a tour and refreshments. Disabled access is limited to the ground floor."

Bring a pick-a-nik lunch and join us for an outdoor table eating area across from the Hollywood Bowl - on the South side of the Lasky-Demille barn. If you haven't been to the Hollywood Heritage Museum, pop in. It's 7 bucks and much more important to Hollywood than any old wax statues at Madame What's her face. You might want to bring a chair... just in case the area is busy. It's never busy. Never. Ever. But...

http://www.hollywoodheritage.org/museum/museum.html

PLAN AHEAD! On Friday, Saturday and Sunday October 5-7 we are having The First Annual Death Hag Weekend in LA! We'll start off with a cocktail party, have a couple of field trips on Saturday and a sit down dinner on Saturday night and a silent auction. Locations have been scouted and I have to admit, they're pretty terrific. Ultimately we want to use proceeds from this event to mark a grave of someone notable. There are so many stars that need markers, and we'd like to mark the stars! Please consider a trip to LA in October - I think you'll enjoy it.

Please let me know if you are interested in the October event, or the April 22 field trip. I have to provide the nice people with an estimate number of persons to expect.

Thanks also for being such great people.

Now... off to the shop!

Scott
    Powered by YMLP.com
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

Awesome! I'll be in LA the week following Easter so maybe I'll swing by. If not, we're moving there at summers end so, I'll definitely stop in!!! Yay!!!

Ill be there for the October get together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Tiger Guest
    It all sounds really fun Scott. But, Do you make anymore Dearly Departed Videos? I really enjoyed pt.1 & Pt.2

alicecooper91 Guest
    Both events sound fun and I'm definitely interested, but I think I would feel awkward since I'm not very active on the boards and don't really know anyone. Gonna have to give this some thought and see if I can pop out of my comfort zone for a bit

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by alicecooper91 View Post
    Both events sound fun and I'm definitely interested, but I think I would feel awkward since I'm not very active on the boards and don't really know anyone. Gonna have to give this some thought and see if I can pop out of my comfort zone for a bit
    You wouldn't be alone. I have met Scott 3-4 times and only a couple of other hags a couple of times. The one thing we all have in common is being a Death Hag. Sounds like it will be great fun. The more the merrier!

MetalHeadBettie Guest
    I am definitely interested in attending the October event! Any info would be much appreciated!

Scott I just want to say congratulations on the new store front.
    It is amazing to me when a person can create a successful business out of a passion.
    Can anybody ask for more?
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

radiojane Guest
    LA isn't in the budget for this year, but I'll definitely send along some cash for whoever we decide to remember with a marker.

Best of luck with your new storefront Scott. I do enjoy Making little old ladies turn white when they read my tshirt, and I hope you sell oodles!

I'm coming! I'll be there for the entire weekend and for about a week afterwards. I can't wait!

i want to be there in oct.so bad.were trying to plan for it now.i dont post often either,but im always reading and i think i would love meeting more death hags!!

daavidfischer Guest
    I missed the First Annual Death Hag Weekend party in LA. I was planned it earlier to be a part of that event as I am a great fan of you guys and your ideas, but because of some health issues I didn't able to reach there. My cousin was lucky to be there and she is really happy about that party.\

Thanks
    snoring aids pro

I'm in LA now so, there really is no reason I shouldn't be there. Next time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

The weekend went really well. People liked the speakers, the venues were awesome. Here are some pictures of the event: https://www.facebook.com/DDWeekend/photos_streamClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5565.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	48465
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

Great pics and so glad everyone had a good time.