Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ... 26333435363744 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,750 of 3145

Thread: Whitney Houston

Elizabeth Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbrasher View Post
    found some pics off the net.

Those flowers look tacky!!! They couldn't just use the spray from the casket, and call it good??? Dees-gusting!!!!

Looks like there is a space big enough for Bobbi Kristina there...

How on earth do they bury her when the ground is still frozen??
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whzz.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	41504

A young Whitney with her parents and brothers. No sign of the "femme" Whitney there!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post

A young Whitney with her parents and brothers. No sign of the "femme" Whitney there!
    This pic, along with the ones of young Whit with Clive were all in last weeks People magazine.

Back when Whitney was coming on the scene, it was the 1980's and how she ended up looking, big hair (wigs) lots of makeup, huge earrings, and puffy dresses were how we all dressed then. I am sure they made her over, but Whitney was beautiful, even before the fake hair, teeth, etc. She was a model in her teens.

I remember when the video for How will I know came out, I wanted her hair SOOOOO bad, and when one of my black girlfriends told me it was a wig, I was horrifed LOL

Bayou Queen Guest
    Looks like there is a space big enough for Bobbi Kristina there...
    I sure hope this kid can get her life together, but if she follows her Mother's path we may see another Anna Nicole Smith in reverse, where the parent is the first to go. O.k., I said it.

Forever-27 Guest
    Lol the pics that rjbrasher put up , all look like someone drove in a huge dump truck and just literally poured/dumped a load of flowers onto the grave.

What's with the cops being at the graveyard ?

Bayou Queen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
    Burial vaults required by law in California also. Local news reporting fans had traffic backed up for a mile and a half just hours after the burial. There was a brief film clip showing the gavesite with a lot more things around it than the recent findagrave picture.
    http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/whit...e-20120220-akd
    New Orleans has some beautiful cemetaries, but this is a photo from the Cemetary where my parents, grandparents, etc., are buried, it's a very old Cemetary. Since we are below sea level, caskets are placed in these concrete boxes and they sink, then after a certain amount of time has passed, another casket can be placed on top of it. Each plot has two sides and they alternate sides so one plot can house an unlimited amount of caskets. I am not sure how different our Cemetairies are from other places and I dont know why except I know the Cemetary tours are a big thing here.

http://www.nolacemeteries.com/Carrol...he%20rows.html

Giada Guest
    Town ignored order to fly flag at half-staff ...

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...,2349928.story
    At least one town, however, ignored the governor’s executive order. (A man in Michigan burned the New Jersey state flag to express his displeasure, but more on that in a bit.)
    Wayne Township, population 54,000, did not lower its flags -- at the request of Mayor Christopher P. Vergano.

“The emails came from as far as Florida, Texas and Virginia. My personal feeling is that the flag should only be lowered as an honor for military personal and fallen police officers. Most of the people that contacted me were in the military service and thanked me for my decision.”

MetalHeadBettie Guest
    Well good for Wayne Township! I loved Whitney as much as the next fan, but she did NOT in any way deserve to have flags flown at half-staff. Jeebus cripes, people.

I can understand just her hometown doing it to honor her. Since ppl knew her personally there. Now if had been the whole state or country or whatever, that would be too much. Just my opinion.

Not sure if everyone knows but it seems as though Bobbi Kristina is heading down the same path. Seems she left the service to go get high and now everyone is in denial that she has a problem. Enquirer is coming out with pictures that they are saying that BK is snorting...

This kid needs some serious help..I feel sorry for Whitney's mother having to deal with this situation...

slingshot Guest
    Guests at the hotel where Whit died want refunds.

http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_...d-want-refunds

tksays Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdr View Post
    Not sure if everyone knows but it seems as though Bobbi Kristina is heading down the same path. Seems she left the service to go get high and now everyone is in denial that she has a problem. Enquirer is coming out with pictures that they are saying that BK is snorting...

This kid needs some serious help..I feel sorry for Whitney's mother having to deal with this situation...
    All of these concerned family members have an uphill battle in front of them trying to save this young woman. She has almost 19 years of unhealthy programming that has wired her towards being a substance abuser.

Really much more sad than Whitney Houston's own demise.

tksays Guest
    ....and on a side note I'm so pleased to have been released from Newbie Hell.

Hi everybody!

SueWahoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tksays View Post

Hi everybody!
    Well hello there! Stay awhile, grab some snacks and put your feet up.

Bayou Queen Guest

Hi everybody!
    Lol! Good to hear from you!!!

All of these concerned family members have an uphill battle in front of them trying to save this young woman. She has almost 19 years of unhealthy programming that has wired her towards being a substance abuser.

Really much more sad than Whitney Houston's own demise.
    I just read that Whitney and her daughter would party together. Also Whitney would buy her booze. If that is not enabling.....

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticCho View Post
    YEA ELVIS HAD KIDNAPPING THREATS SICK PEOPLE
    MAYBE THEY ARE HAVING A PLAQUE MADE LIKE SELENA HAS TO DETER PEOPLE
    I DUNNO BUT I FOR ONE WOULD OF PUT HER IN A VAULT o_O
    Maybe they are just waiting for the cement mixer to back in and seal the grave with a couple of hundred cubic buttloads of concrete.

tksays Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SueWahoo View Post
    Well hello there! Stay awhile, grab some snacks and put your feet up.
    I appreciate it. Anyone who chooses to have Agnetha Faltskog as their avatar is automatically a pal of mine.

tksays Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Queen View Post
    Lol! Good to hear from you!!!
    Thanks BQ....

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Maybe they are just waiting for the cement mixer to back in and seal the grave with a couple of hundred cubic buttloads of concrete.
    But how would they exhume her in a few years when cops start taking "so-and-so murdered Whitney" rumors seriously and reopen the investigation?

Shazzadouglas Guest
    Bobbi "wasted" at whitneys funeral http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ed-burial.html

lisalouver Guest
    I just read that Whitney and her daughter would party together. Also Whitney would buy her booze. If that is not enabling.....
    Oh ya, thats no secret. Bobbi was out partying with her mom the night before her death. Pics were on the net.

Town Without Pity Guest

Hi everybody!
    Good Job Tksays...lol...welcome.

Ok, it really is time for some new flowers or clean that mess up.

Welcome tksays. You see, we are an awesome bunch

So who thinks Bobbi will either be in rehab forced by her family, or will od first, then be forced into rehab. I dont think she will die. I think she will have a lot of help and support. But I think there may be a crash coming soon from her. I cant blame her... I feel bad for her, but if I lost my mom, at that age, I dont know how I would handle it either. My mom is my everything besides my son. They are the most important ppl in my life, and dont know what I would do without either of them.

They've closed the cemetery due to the crowds coming to see Whitney's grave. I bet she gets moved...

On a side note, I found out tonight that one of my co-workers (a young black woman, born in 1986) was named after Whitney Houston! I asked her last week if she was and she said it was just a name her Aunt picked out for her. I guess it was bugging her, so she confirmed it with her mom over the weekend - and yep she was! I died laughing.

Bayou Queen Guest
    I saw this on Inside Edition a little while ago. Seems Cissy has already put a drug abuse counselor in place and was in fact with BK at the homecoming:

http://www.insideedition.com/news/76...-kristina.aspx

Hi everybody!
    Let the hazing begin! Lol. Just kidding. Welcome!

They've closed the cemetery due to the crowds coming to see Whitney's grave. I bet she gets moved...

On a side note, I found out tonight that one of my co-workers (a young black woman, born in 1986) was named after Whitney Houston! I asked her last week if she was and she said it was just a name her Aunt picked out for her. I guess it was bugging her, so she confirmed it with her mom over the weekend - and yep she was! I died laughing.
    I'm surprised they put her there to begin with...figured she'd get a Marilyn/MJ type arrangement.

tksays Guest

My daughter is named Whitney, but my wife went old school and named her after Whitney Blake, the blonde mom from Hazel.

I wanted to name her Adrian, but my wife said, "Hell no! I won't have you repeatedly asking her to get you a beer yelling "Yo Adrian...."

Welcome to FAD tskdays. Glad you got out of the newbie goop. have fun!

Giada Guest
    "Enabling is a defunct word from th 80's." What we use today is boundary's, and healthy detachment.

tksays Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    Welcome to FAD tskdays. Glad you got out of the newbie goop. have fun!
    Thanks Piggy. Ann Sheridan in the avatar? She was a babe and a really good actress.

Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    "Enabling is a defunct word from th 80's." What we use today is boundary's, and healthy detachment.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Giada Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Rolling eyes ich, default position for you

Tntina Guest
    Anyone else notice that Whitney isn't buried *next* to her dad? Looks like an empty space (maybe 2) between them.

I also do not believe she *wanted* to be there for eternity, after reading about the lawsuit they were involved in @his death - she didn't attend his funeral!

I was pretty surprised she didn't get a James Brown type sendoff.

Billy Weathersby Guest
    My daughter is named Whitney, but my wife went old school and named her after Whitney Blake, the blonde mom from Hazel.

I wanted to name her Adrian, but my wife said, "Hell no! I won't have you repeatedly asking her to get you a beer yelling "Yo Adrian...."
    Whitney Blake was a beautiful and talented lady.Long after Hazel ended, she played the sexy lawyer, Lee Drake, on the Andy Griffith Show...PLUS as we all know, she is the mother of Meredith Baxter...

Billy Weathersby Guest
    I am not being sarcastic nor am I dumb, BUT how do you close down a cemetery?

I bet she will be moved.. People will start to complain and it will be like Anna Nicole Smith grave.. On lockdown!! I still can't believe she is dead...

RaRaRamona Guest

She did look pretty butch. Possibly she was just a tomboy.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post

I remember when the video for How will I know came out, I wanted her hair SOOOOO bad, and when one of my black girlfriends told me it was a wig, I was horrifed LOL
    I remember watching that video on Friday Night Videos or some such nonsense & I wanted a tutu & that HAIR!! I remember being so confused bc she had short hair, then long hair, them short hair again. My mom told me it was a wig & I was SCANDALIZED!!!

New Orleans has some beautiful cemetaries, but this is a photo from the Cemetary where my parents, grandparents, etc., are buried, it's a very old Cemetary. Since we are below sea level, caskets are placed in these concrete boxes and they sink, then after a certain amount of time has passed, another casket can be placed on top of it. Each plot has two sides and they alternate sides so one plot can house an unlimited amount of caskets. I am not sure how different our Cemetairies are from other places and I dont know why except I know the Cemetary tours are a big thing here.

http://www.nolacemeteries.com/Carrol... the rows.html
    So they are buried on top of each other? What if someone needs to be um...I am so sorry, I'm having mental pause. What if they need to be dug up??

Town ignored order to fly flag at half-staff ...
    Good for them!!

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Guests at the hotel where Whit died want refunds.

http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_...d-want-refunds
    That's stupid.

Hi everybody!
    Last edited by RaRaRamona; 02-21-2012 at 07:50 PM.

http://www.nolacemeteries.com/Carrol... the rows.html
    I really enjoyed the pictures, thanks! Made me sad though that it looks so unkept and in places like a dump with junk, and the bones! Something about seeing those bones on the ground that makes me sad...
    ~The only difference between a rut and a grave is depth~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~~I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.~~ Humphrey Bogart's last words

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Weathersby View Post
    I am not being sarcastic nor am I dumb, BUT how do you close down a cemetery?
    Usually they just lock the gate....and only let people in for a funeral, etc. They may keep the gate locked for awhile and only let people in who have family buried there.

The dump of flowers on her grave is horrible, they should have let the visitors take one, then they wouldn't have had to throw them away.
    Last edited by morticia53; 02-21-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    ~The only difference between a rut and a grave is depth~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~~I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.~~ Humphrey Bogart's last words

Lmao x 1,000.

Quote Originally Posted by morticia53 View Post
    Usually they just lock the gate....and only let prople in for a funeral, etc. They may keep the gate locked for awhile and only let people in who have family buried there.

The dump of flowers on her grave is horrible, they should have let the visitors take one, then they wouldn't have had to throw them away.
    The flower pile is pretty common around here...see it almost at every funeral.

Billy Weathersby Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by morticia53 View Post
    Usually they just lock the gate....and only let people in for a funeral, etc. They may keep the gate locked for awhile and only let people in who have family buried there.

Thank you..I wasn't real sure but I kept thinking that surely they couldn't turn away other funerals or people visiting graves..I know my grandparents have been gone for 35 years but I visit their graves regularly.

Khaos696 Guest
    Looks like Find a gave took down the photo and made it where you can't add anymore pictures.. I went to New Orleans a few years ago, and visited a few of the cemeterys, it was shortly after Katrina and some of the tombs you could look right into and see the coffins in the tombs, really creepy, not too mention we went past the grave of some Voodoo Lady, and it just gave off a creepy vibe.. If you ever go I recommend taking Lord Chase's Vampire Tour, he's a pretty freaky fellow that will make you ponder if he is a Vampire, and he does some stange stuff to himself a tthe end of the tour for your entertainment..

KatK Guest
    Alright first death photo in the casket! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whitney.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	172.1 KB 
ID:	41516

Rosa Moline Guest
    according to the Daily Mail today, the National Enquirer has a photo of Whitney in her coffin - I've tried googling it but to no avail. We get the NE here in the UK but it might be a different edition. Can anyone post that up...​please??

KatK Guest
    i have it but i'm waiting for it to be approved by moderation

Rosa Moline Guest

KatK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Moline View Post
    according to the Daily Mail today, the National Enquirer has a photo of Whitney in her coffin - I've tried googling it but to no avail. We get the NE here in the UK but it might be a different edition. Can anyone post that up...​please??

see my post above yours w/ the photo attached