Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344142434445 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,150 of 2398

Thread: Former President Barack Obama

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Obama just gave the order to send our guys into Syria to get another big fish terrorist. He's dead. Along with a dozen other terrorists. No American losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    I love President Obama and appreciate all the good he has done for America. Don't want to argue about it.
    Well that kind of squashes any debate.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Obama just gave the order to send our guys into Syria to get another big fish terrorist. He's dead. Along with a dozen other terrorists. No American losses.
    Wish he had ordered them to kill both trade deals while they were at it - both TTIP and the other one.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Wish he had ordered them to kill both trade deals while they were at it - both TTIP and the other one.
    Second that, Rosie.

Too bad we can't trade him for our hostages. Problem is that he's not worth one of them.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    Too bad we can't trade him for our hostages. Problem is that he's not worth one of them.
    You're better than Obama. Maybe they'd accept you in exchange for some hostages.

You're better than Obama. Maybe they'd accept you in exchange for some hostages.
    Wish I could say the same.
    Minerva

LOL! Soon we'll have a fine selection of presidential hopefuls, God save us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    LOL! Soon we'll have a fine selection of presidential hopefuls, God save us.
    The republicans already have like 20 lunatics to choose from.

Rosebud666 Guest
    The republicans already have like 20 lunatics to choose from.
    I prayed to Saint Phil Ochs (AKA "Our Lady of the Blue States") for a sign, and a voice whispered:

Here's to the state of the Republicans
    Here's to the country you want to tear out the heart of
    Maybe you should go and find another country to be part of

Bidmor Guest
    "20 lunatics" in one illusion party, and a pay-for-play former secretary of state in the other illusion party. Glad I won't voting for any of those in the next staged election. It's sorta like pro wrestling. The outcome has already been decided.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    "20 lunatics" in one illusion party, and a pay-for-play former secretary of state in the other illusion party. Glad I won't voting for any of those in the next staged election. It's sorta like pro wrestling. The outcome has already been decided.
    As a member of the loyal opposition, I respectfully disagree - but that was damn literary of you. You should set that to music.

While we're tying up loose ends: I'm still thoroughly disgruntled with Mr. Obama. Wouldn't want to lead you folks off topic.

New shit has come to light:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...ors_picks=true
    Last edited by Rosebud666; 06-01-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Damn, I opened up the article and the picture of that crazy loon Pelosi smacks you right in the face.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    Damn, I opened up the article and the picture of that crazy loon Pelosi smacks you right in the face.
    LOL I planned it that way just for you.

Guess I'll add a GORE warning next time.
    Last edited by Rosebud666; 06-01-2015 at 08:21 PM. Reason: New shit has come to light.

LOL I planned it that way just for you.

Guess I'll add a GORE warning next time.
    Yes please!

Yes please!
    Just be prepared to gag any time you read this thread or anything else having the Obama name attached to it and you'll be fine!!
    Minerva

Just be prepared to gag any time you read this thread or anything else having the Obama name attached to it and you'll be fine!!
    I'll take some of my wife's outdated morning sickness medicine an hour before opening this thread. That should work

I'll take some of my wife's outdated morning sickness medicine an hour before opening this thread. That should work
    Bragger!! LOL No, seriously, if you didn't bring enough to share with the entire classroom . . .

Discussing politics with my two youngest children aged 20 and 21 has been hysterical. I'll just be happy when there is a candidate they support.
    Minerva

Bragger!! LOL No, seriously, if you didn't bring enough to share with the entire classroom . . .

Discussing politics with my two youngest children aged 20 and 21 has been hysterical. I'll just be happy when there is a candidate they support.
    When my son was 17, his political science class was spending time discussing Obamacare. My son volunteered me to come in and speak to the class as I am ACA certified and could bring some real world perspective to the discussion. His teacher was all in until he found out I was a conservative and then cancelled the visit. Too bad for the class as I have made it a career to NOT politicize the Obamacare discussion as I never know the political tendencies of potential clients.

When my son was 17, his political science class was spending time discussing Obamacare. My son volunteered me to come in and speak to the class as I am ACA certified and could bring some real world perspective to the discussion. His teacher was all in until he found out I was a conservative and then cancelled the visit. Too bad for the class as I have made it a career to NOT politicize the Obamacare discussion as I never know the political tendencies of potential clients.
    You would have been busy with speaking engagements if you lived here!!!
    Minerva

And yet another example of our kids being indoctrinated instead of being taught. Too many examples out there of teachers imposing their values on students instead of teaching them the facts. JMO
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Obama Less Popular than Every Living President

But that is as of today and doesn't take into account the popularity of the past president at the same time in their presidency. Still surprising that both Bush's have a higher approval rating today than Obama does. I guess it is easier on your popularity when your no longer in charge.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ge-W-Bush.html

So Many Things Wrong With This...

I debated about putting this in the health insurance thread or the Obama thread but I decided this article speaks more about him than Obamacare. Background: The Supreme Court will decide this month whether people who but their insurance through the federal exchange are elligible for subsidies. In the laws text, it states that subsidies will be available through state exchanges. Since some states didn't set up an exchange, the people had to go through the federal exchange but no where in the text does it extend the subsidy system beyond the states. That is what the SC has to decide.

So at the G7 Obama addresses this and completely lies about Obamacare as if this is circa 2006-2010 when he was selling it to the US.

• "President Barack Obama said Monday in Germany that his signature medical insurance reform law 'is working' as advertised. "

Bullshit! Didn't we go through this during the first open enrollment when democrats, republicans and even Obama himself said it didn't work as advertised

• 'There is no reason why the existing exchanges should be overturned through a court case,' Obama said

The case the SC is hearing says nothing about over turning the state exchanges.

• 'What's more, the thing is working. I mean, part of what's bizarre about this whole thing is we haven't had a lot of conversation about the horrors of Obamacare, because none of them have come to pass.'

What??? People losing their doctors, people who can't get a subsidy having their policies go up 40% or more, can't enroll because of the website malfunctions, huge deductibles, prescriptions getting effed up etc....

• The law, he insisted, 'hasn't had an adverse effect on people who already had health insurance.'

See bullet point #3

I guess if he gives a speech in a foreign country he thinks no one here will pay attention.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mark-case.html

Bidmor Guest
    Congressional Black Caucus balks at Obama's trade deal:

http://news.yahoo.com/trade-obamas-m...135622450.html

Congressional Black Caucus balks at Obama's trade deal:

http://news.yahoo.com/trade-obamas-m...135622450.html
    Do we really need a "black" caucus? When will the madness end?
    Minerva

I want a white Sicilian Caucaus......what are my chances?....just checking
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    You've got absolutely no chance whatsoever. LOL
    Minerva

I'm apolitical, and seldom post on these types of threads, but here goes.

I love the United States; I still cry when I read the lyrics of the Star Spangled Banner and I don't appreciate people from other countries bad mouthing her or anyone abusing her flag, but I hate the government, and I'm not especially fond of Barack Obama, but I am disgusted by some of the remarks I've read about him on FB. I mean shesh, I loathe Richard Nixon but I would never call him a "Crackhead, homosexual foreigner," or compare him to Hitler (I've lost friends over this one) or wish somebody would assassinate him. The End.
    Last edited by cindyt; 06-09-2015 at 10:17 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Bidmor Guest
    Do we really need a "black" caucus? When will the madness end?
    The Congressional Black Caucus was organized back in the 1970's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congre...l_Black_Caucus

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I'm apolitical, and seldom post on these types of threads, but here goes.

I love the United States; I still cry when I read the lyrics of the Star Spangled Banner and I don't appreciate people from other countries bad mouthing her or anyone abusing her flag, but I hate the government, and I'm not especially fond of Barack Obama, but I am disgusted by some of the remarks I've read about him on FB. I mean shesh, I loathe Richard Nixon but I would never call him a "Crackhead, homosexual foreigner," or compare him to Hitler (I've lost friends over this one) or wish somebody would assassinate him. The End.
    Exactly!!!

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    You've got absolutely no chance whatsoever. LOL
    The Congressional Black Caucus was organized back in the 1970's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congre...l_Black_Caucus
    The white Sicilian Supreme Court Caucus is reputedly headed up by one Tony "Mr. Justice" Scalia. They're always rumbling with the Ginsburg Goon Squad (AKA the Ruth Bader-Meinhof Gang).

What a great speech he did in South Carolina today.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I can't wrap my mind around him singing Amazing Grace.
    Last edited by cindyt; 06-26-2015 at 10:36 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Bidmor Guest
    I can't wrap my mind around him singing Amazing Grace.
    BO knows how to perform to his audience, whatever the demographic may be, provided he has a friendly audience. I was amused when he described Amazing Grace as a hymnal. That illustrates the ignorance of him and/or his speech writers. A hymnal is a book containing hymns. Amazing Grace is a hymn. BO put on a great show, even to the extent of changing his vocal cadence and flourishes some to match his venue.

Donald Trump giving the eulogy would have been lots better.

Bidmor Guest
    Donald Trump giving the eulogy would have been lots better.
    Spit take.

Yeah, the Donald's comb over glue would have started simmering, then steam would have rose from his scalp, lofting upward with increasing intensity until the stuff ignited. Now that would have been entertainment.

Trump's steaming comb-over glue fumes might create a super-saturated solution in air of the closed room, killing everyone in the room, then the police who show up to investigate would drop dead, they fumes would get outside, waft over the city where everyone would die. Eventually a weaker version would turn the populace into Trump-Walkers, who roam the countryside looking for extensions and weaves to eat. As it infiltrates the ground water, it would create a tenacious growth on all foliage, a sub-species of insecticide would be harvested by monsanto and all we would have left would be vegan squirrels.

Trumps been in the race for what, 2 weeks and his big mouth has already cost him millions. He's a cartoon character.

Glad to see he had a nice past week.

BO knows how to perform to his audience, whatever the demographic may be, provided he has a friendly audience. I was amused when he described Amazing Grace as a hymnal. That illustrates the ignorance of him and/or his speech writers. A hymnal is a book containing hymns. Amazing Grace is a hymn. BO put on a great show, even to the extent of changing his vocal cadence and flourishes some to match his venue.
    I'm didn't think saying hymnal was ignorant (though I am aware that is the book with the hymns in it) I figured it was just a mistake, as people make. He's not going to be perfect all the time, even with writers, especially at an emotional event. It's like when I use "me" or "I" incorrectly. I know the difference. I silently correct other people who use either incorrectly. It doesn't happen to me often, and I always notice it, but it's already been said and I realize I sound like an idiot to some. Shit happens.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Trumps been in the race for what, 2 weeks and his big mouth has already cost him millions. He's a cartoon character.
    Trump is God's gift to comedians everywhere . . . I'm sure they are all pulling for him to stay in the race until the bitter end.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I'm didn't think saying hymnal was ignorant (though I am aware that is the book with the hymns in it) I figured it was just a mistake, as people make. He's not going to be perfect all the time, even with writers, especially at an emotional event. It's like when I use "me" or "I" incorrectly. I know the difference. I silently correct other people who use either incorrectly. It doesn't happen to me often, and I always notice it, but it's already been said and I realize I sound like an idiot to some. Shit happens.
    Yes, I am reminded a little of Kennedy's Berlin speech and the still circulating urban legend that when he said "Ich bin _ein_ Berliner!", people were confused because he used the definite article and thought he was claiming to be a jelly doughnut. Completely ignoring the fact that jelly doughnuts, which are called "Berliner" in other parts of Germany, are actually called "Pfannkuechen" (verbatim, "pancakes") in Berlin. Like Kennedy's speech, I also think this will be seen as a defining moment in Obama's presidency.

On December 1, 1982, at a banquet in Brazil, President Ronald Reagan offered a toast to Brazilian President Figueiredo and “to the people of Bolivia.”

Read em and giggle http://annex.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_...nate_incidents
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I'm the same way. I give people the benefit of the doubt because we all screw up under pressure. The only time I ever point it out is when people use the same scenario to suggest "W" is an idiot for making the same snafu's in similar situations.

just wait until another Bush is in power(hope it never happens)
    You Americans will miss Barack

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Not if 15 more "Bushes" were in power would we ever miss Barack.
    Minerva

Not if 15 more "Bushes" were in power would we ever miss Barack.
    I wish there was a "like" button.

You Americans. That sounds nationalists.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Well, this is my two cents garnered from my facebook stream. Remember how much people hated W? And after Obama went into office those very people started hating him and talking about what a wonderful president W had been and wished he'd had a third term. SO. When another president--a Bush or not--comes into office the Obama haters are going to start whining about what a horrible president we have and how they wish Obama was still in office.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Rosebud666 Guest
    Well, this is my two cents garnered from my facebook stream. Remember how much people hated W? And after Obama went into office those very people started hating him and talking about what a wonderful president W had been and wished he'd had a third term. SO. When another president--a Bush or not--comes into office the Obama haters are going to start whining about what a horrible president we have and how they wish Obama was still in office.
    For what it's worth, I wish Bill Clinton was still in office. I'm always a little behind the times like that. Sorry if I ruined your hypothesis.

For what it's worth, I wish Bill Clinton was still in office. I'm always a little behind the times like that. Sorry if I ruined your hypothesis.
    I'll get over it. Lol. I've also seen the glories of Reagan.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD