Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kyron Horman

RogerV Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachamama View Post
    She could have killed him and put him in a large dumpster somewhere. The body could have been taken to a dump never to be seen again.
    You're correct that the chances of finding/recovering bodies from landfills are very low. A body was finally found in a landfill in Utah a few years ago, but only after weeks of digging through rotten, stinking garbage.

Medley Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Justme67 View Post
    Are you the same Medley who posted on the JusticeQuest forum and lied to everyone about being privy to inside information about this case to the point that the Multnomah district attorney contacted you about your posts? Are you the same Medley who now posts on JQ as Mags? Are you the same Medley who was a fervent Terri Horman supporter on the Oregonlive site?

If this person has contacted anyone here claiming inside info please let me know. Thank you.
    I am not, nor have I ever been a member of Justice Quest. A quick comparison of IP's should be enough to verify that. I am, however, registered as Medley on OregonLive. A check of that site (because it's been a while) reveals that I have a total of 17 posts, 7 of which reference the Kyron investigation- the last one so referencing being posted in August of 2010- two months after his disappearance. Regarding the content of those posts, I think you'll find I'm a fervent supporter of our justice system. In particular, I'm a fan of the concept of 'innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, by a jury of your peers.' Incidentally, I haven't posted ANYTHING on OregonLive since September, according to the profile overview. I hardly think that qualifies me as a 'fervent' anything. At least as regards that site.

Justme67 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Medley View Post
    I am not, nor have I ever been a member of Justice Quest. A quick comparison of IP's should be enough to verify that. I am, however, registered as Medley on OregonLive. A check of that site (because it's been a while) reveals that I have a total of 17 posts, 7 of which reference the Kyron investigation- the last one so referencing being posted in August of 2010- two months after his disappearance. Regarding the content of those posts, I think you'll find I'm a fervent supporter of our justice system. In particular, I'm a fan of the concept of 'innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, by a jury of your peers.' Incidentally, I haven't posted ANYTHING on OregonLive since September, according to the profile overview. I hardly think that qualifies me as a 'fervent' anything. At least as regards that site.
    Small world. The Medley from the JQ board also claims to be a local from Portland and (in real life) works right across the street from the Intel campus where you say your fiance works. Also claimed inside information about Terri Horman's timeline as you insinuated yesterday. I choose not to believe that you are not the same person, Joe. And everyone here has the same choice. At least they can consider themselves fully informed.

Nothing wrong with innocent until proven guilty. But when your goal is to distract from the truth, throw reason aside and insert false information about the case things become more problematic.

Ok, so... LOL

I havent seen anywhere here where Medley made it seem like he/she had inside info. Just that his/her fiance worked at the same building as someone, close to the case, but never sees or talks to them. Or have they made it seem like the stepmom has nothing to do with it. We all have our own opinions. And if Medley is here to cause problems, then yes youve warned us ty. But I dont think he/she is. No problems caused yet

Luv, Mags Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleRain View Post
    Ok, so... LOL

I havent seen anywhere here where Medley made it seem like he/she had inside info. Just that his/her fiance worked at the same building as someone, close to the case, but never sees or talks to them. Or have they made it seem like the stepmom has nothing to do with it. We all have our own opinions. And if Medley is here to cause problems, then yes youve warned us ty. But I dont think he/she is. No problems caused yet
    Famous last words! The key word here is....yet!

rjbrasher Guest
    But any who back to this case. I wonder why on earth this woman would have so much jealously and hate towards a child. I have heard many cases when a grown adult are "jealous" Seriously?!? Are they jealous that they never had a good childhood, or wtf? This is where i would love to be a shrink cause i wanna know why in a persons mind such as this twat, would think the way she does.

Mammy Guest
    RJ, I don't know for certain why an adult would be jealous of a child, but I have an idea of maybe why they would be. Some spouses can't stand the fact that the person they married has had sex with anyone else besides them. If there is a stepchild in the picture, that is living proof of the fact that he was with someone else and this child still ties him to the ex. She may also be the type who wants her husband all to herself and doesn't want the attention divided between her and the little boy. There could have been friction in the home because she disliked him and the dad sided with the little boy instead of her. Maybe she thought that if Kyron was gone, it would be just herself, her husband, and the child they had together. I really don't know for sure but those may be some of the reasons.

Heart and Soul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbrasher View Post
    But any who back to this case. I wonder why on earth this woman would have so much jealously and hate towards a child. I have heard many cases when a grown adult are "jealous" Seriously?!? Are they jealous that they never had a good childhood, or wtf? This is where i would love to be a shrink cause i wanna know why in a persons mind such as this twat, would think the way she does.
    I don't think the husband was paying enough attention to her, so she wanted to be rid of him. That's my opinion, anyway . . .

rjbrasher Guest
    you know guys, Those sounds very plausible!. thanks heart and soul and mammy! I didn't look at it that way. Yea some woman or men are nuts like that, where their spouse is their property and no way in hell anyone is going to touch, smell or even share with them.

wilkiefan Guest
    Speaking from experience, blended families can be a nightmare. My father seriously dated a woman with marriage in mind after leaving my mother. They dated for about a year before she was introduced to my sister and myself. When dad took me over for the first time, I was about 16 years old and butter wouldn't melt in her mouth during the introduction. Dad got up to go the to bathroom and HOLY HELL!!!

She whipped around and looked at me like she wanted to beat my brains out. "Now you listen to me, you little bitch, I don't share..." began a three minute gritted-teeth, tight-lipped, hissed verbal assault on how she wasn't going to "share" her man with any female. I was stunned speechless. Especially when she launched into accusations of incestuous lust that I apparently displayed blatantly when my dad walked me to her front door with his arm around my shoulders.

As soon as the bathroom door opened, she was Mrs. hearts and flowers again. But every time dad turned his back on her, ye gods the look that would come over her face. At one point dad hugged me laughing and she looked absolutely demonic. We didn't even make it out of the house before she drug him into the kitchen and started lecturing him on how inappropriate my behavior towards him was. According to her I acted more like his lover than his daughter. And she was telling him this with the damn door open. I could hear every word.

This woman was absolutely unreal. My dad laughed her off and wound up moving in with her. She did everything, and I do mean everything she could to convince my dad that my sister (who was 10 years old) and I had an "unnatural" affection for him and keep us away from him. She treated us like sleazy, barflys on the prowl throughout that entire relationship. There were several reference about wanting to "get rid of us for good".

When you throw an unstable, damaged mentality into the mix, believe me, it's pretty obvious how someone could target a child.

Mammy Guest
    One of my husband's many stepmothers sounds just like the woman you described, Wilkiefan. That is what I based my first post on.

Town Without Pity Guest
    Living in Portland this story is still unsolved. Kyron is still missing, no arrests. As one of the other posts stated her son looked like Kyron, My Grandson who is a little older than Kyron got his new glasses and he looks very similiar. He's been asked what his name is. I have thought from the very start the Step Mother was hiding something, hoping she didn't kill him but as more time has gone on, I don't know if she did but I do believe she had something to do with his dissaperance, from the start when she posted that photo on FB. It's a shame it seems the case has stalled. I know he hasn't been forgotten in my area. I hope someday they will find him and let his family have some peace. And if the step mother is innocent, she is a wacko either way.

DrDeath Guest
    Goodness me Wilkie, I assume she's out the picture now?

Town Without Pity Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    Unfortunatly she is still around and when her husband found out she tried to hire the gardner to kill her husband, he was in court that day getting custody of their daughter and got a restraining order. I think he's done with her. I sure would be.

wilkiefan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    This may sound sick, DrD, but thankfully she was killed in the same wreck that killed my dad back in '86. After their deaths, we had to go through there house and found out some really sick things that were going on. Dad changed alot during his time with her and he wasn't too stable to begin with.

wilkiefan Guest
    Sadly, I agree with most everyone here. I think the poor little guy is no longer alive. And, I may be prejudiced by my past expreience, but I also think the stepmother is responsible.

17. 01-18-2012, 04:59 AM
    Reason
    I don't recall making that post...and no I wasn't drunk.

Medley Guest
    Thanks for the vote of confidence Belle! I don't mind being judged, but geez, judge me on what I say, not on what someone else with a similar name has said.

Town Without Pity Guest
    Welcome to FAD Belle, glad to have ya, at least so far anyway...lol

majcm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbrasher View Post
    Very astute here, RJ. This does happen and I am proof. I'm ashamed to admit it now, but when I married my husband, I had pangs sometimes of what I guess could be called jealousy. Maybe more envy, but I would see how my hubby was affectionate w/her and how he missed her so when we didn't have her, and I sure wished MY dad would have loved me like that. Parents weren't divorced or anything, but mom gave all the physical affection and dad was just kinda cold and very critical of me. I can't see how this could possibly lead to thoughts of getting rid of the kid though!! THAT is someone with the evil gene in them! Also, not having kids of my own, I didn't understand the type of love parents have for their kids...that it is a love so totally different than love between spouses. UNTIL my brother had his two girls. The love I feel for them is close to a mom's love and soooo different than anyone else I've loved. I love my stepdaughter (23 now) but it IS different than I love my nieces (blood relatives, I guess). Plus at 16, she treated me & her dad like crap for a LONG time, years, because she got my used car and I got the new car when she got her license. Never did get that.

However, I DO love her....when her mom told her & us (when she was 18) that my hubby was NOT her dad & they got DNA tests to prove it, it did not change how I felt about her at all. I felt so bad for her. What a thing to find out that your mom knew all along & lied to you. There are different kinds of evil in the world and what her mom did is another type in my opinion!! Mom thought we'd drop her (after we paid for private high school) and then her little girl would not leave town for college. Wrong. We paid for her college education and all the extras of living away from home, plus her counseling she needed after that.

I feel poor little Kyron is dead also and that stepmom (or someone she knew/hired) did it. Dad should go ahead w/case for her trying to hire a hit man, put her in jail and maybe she'd talk.

Town Without Pity Guest
    My Grandfather married a women like that after my Grandmother passed. She was so jealous of our close family and we welcomed her to the family, then she locked us out, we couldn't visit the family home where we had always been welcome before. My Grandfather didn't realize what was going on even after we told him she was stealing his money. She sold everything my grandmother left behind, which we would have been glad to buy from her but she never offered. When my Grandfather passed away she left the hospital at the last few minutes of his life and drained the rest of his bank accounts. She had money, she had children, even her children didn't understand why she was doing these things. Who knows why they act that way, I just know there are people out there like that. We were lucky the only thing my Grandfather saved was that she would not keep the house it would go back to his children. She was just and evil woman and she didn't have to be....we welcomed her lovenly into our family. she was a cold cold women and now she is lonely and lives in a assited living center with everything she took locked in a storage unit. People like that are missing something....maybe a heart.

carrieanne Guest
    I think about Kyron a lot and google to see if there's anything new but there just doesn't seem to be any more leads. I wish something would open up some new leads. Just love the pictures of Kyron.

They seemed to have backed off on the stepmother. I know she did it, everyone does. Do they really not have enough evidence against her? Very frustrating.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

tarsier Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    They seemed to have backed off on the stepmother. I know she did it, everyone does. Do they really not have enough evidence against her? Very frustrating.
    I don't know she did it. I thought OJ was guilty as well as Casey Anthony and have been proven wrong on both soIF she did it they better have more trhan motive and opportunity to take to the jury.

So, you think OJ and Casey Anthony are innocent now that they've been found not guilty by 12 people? And you thought they were guilty before their verdicts? Seriously, I mean, is that what you're saying?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

Quote Originally Posted by TaupinJohn View Post
    So, you think OJ and Casey Anthony are innocent now that they've been found not guilty by 12 people? And you thought they were guilty before their verdicts? Seriously, I mean, is that what you're saying?
    ^^THIS! Being aquitted in a court of law does NOT mean you still did not commit the crime. OJ and Casey are STILL guilty as sin...they just got away with it. And it looks like Stepmother Dearest will get away with whatever she did to Kyron as well.

Mammy Guest
    Like everyone else, I also think the stepmom is guilty of whatever caused Kyron to disappear. I'm just baffled how she got rid of him so completely in a short time frame that he has never been found. I haven't followed this case closely, so what are some opinions on what she did with him?

This is when double jeopardy comes in yes? OJ can admit it to one person but that won't matter -he can never be tried again. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Like everyone else, I also think the stepmom is guilty of whatever caused Kyron to disappear. I'm just baffled how she got rid of him so completely in a short time frame that he has never been found. I haven't followed this case closely, so what are some opinions on what she did with him?
    well someone, a news anchor, mentioned that a probability of the red head evil stepmother dismembering the boy & containing the parts is not very unusual. That sounds like something she did. Cleaned up the mess & dismembered the body.

Mammy Guest
    Ugh, that would make sense for why he hasn't been found. I thought maybe he may have been put in a dumpster somewhere and made it to a landfill before anyone realized he was missing. Both are horrible options.

Town Without Pity Guest
    Living close to where Kyron went to school and where they were searching I really am stumped as to what happened to him. I do think the step mother had something to do with it, even before they found out she had evidently tired to hire someone to kill her husband. The area they kept looking is around water, a small island like place that has some wide open spaces. I would think if she really was in that area he had to be put in the water. I wish they would find something to charge her with but I don't see that happening anytime soon as there has not been much said lately about poor Kyron but the people of Oregon has not forgotten, I don't think we ever will.

Mammy Guest
    I found an article that is a couple of years old, but it highlights the simularities between Kyron Horman's disappearance and the murder of a ten year old boy from Kentucky named Scotty Baker. He was strangled to death in 1992 by his stepmom who was jealous of his relationship with his dad and because the stepmom was pregnant and thought her husband would favor Scotty over the new baby.

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-...-disappearance

Town Without Pity Guest
    My update from Portland on Kyron.....Note to police: My Grandson is not Kyron. My grandson, 12 years old, just got glasses a few months ago, one pair looks like Kyrons glasses...then he got his hair cut and then he really looked alot like Kyron...today he was out with his step dad at the store...someone called the police saying that Kyron was there...they wouldn't let my son in law take him out of the store until the police got there...they were ready to arrest him because after looking at him the police thought it was Kyron also....my Grandson kept telling them he didn't know a kyron...he doesn't know a little boy is missing....we don't tell him about that stuff although we do teach him to be careful and just be aware...he is almost a black belt in Karate....so as of now, they let them go, but are sending a detective over tomorrow to Make sure he's not Kyron?...How they are going to do this I have no idea...and really if it was Kyron, I think he would speak up and say he was Kyron....or if they really thought it was Kyron why did they let him go....it is kind of funny as this is now the second time someone has said wait, that's Kyron..I'm glad that people are still looking out for Kyron..but it's not my grandson...honest...lol.....Although I don't share family photos, I think in this case I will take a picture of him tomorrow and put it up on here so you can see just how much he looks like Kyron...for me, it's the hair cut and the new glasses....maybe he needs to wear his other glasses that are a different design then Kyrons. I found a photo, do you think he looks just like Kyron?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kyron vs maxx.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	42263
    Last edited by Town Without Pity; 05-27-2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: added photo

carrieanne Guest
    Yeah, he looks just like him, and I don't think changing glasses will help too much. The reason they don't take his word for not being Kyron is because a child held against their will will lie and say they are not the person they are because the person holding them will threaten them to do so - will be told ahead of time to deny it. Elizabeth Smart first said she was not Elizabeth. She said something like "I know who you think I am and I am not her," and when directly asked if she was Elizabeth she said no. Hopefully this won't happen to your grandson too often. It does show that people haven't forgotten and are still looking for Kyron though, as you said, that is good!

Mammy Guest
    There is definitely a strong resemblance. I'm glad that people are still keeping an eye out for Kyron, but it is going to be tiresome to your grandson to be out in public anywhere with people looking at him like they've seen a ghost and calling the police to have them confirm it isn't Kyron. He probably also wonders why they wouldn't listen to him when he told them his real name. I think it is fairly common for a kidnapped person to not tell their true identity out of fear. Shawn Hornbeck lived in plain sight for four and a half years and never revealed his true identity because of threats made to him by Devlin to kill him if he told anyone who he was. Shawn had friends and spent time in their homes and was around adults, but he was terrified of being killed if he told anyone who he really was. It was the kidnapping of Ben Ownby and the teenage boy who described the truck that the person was driving who took Ben that got the ball rolling and led to Shawn being found. He wasn't comfortable telling who he was until he knew that Devlin couldn't get to him to hurt him.

Town Without Pity Guest
    I'm not upset they stopped him, I knew they had simialr features as soon as he got the glasses...poor kid was blind as a bat for 12 years and nobody knew and he got straight As at school....Like they don't check your on the eye chart at school anymore?...lol...nother rant. We decided we will go get him his State ID card as I have to produce so much evidence it's actually his name and not Kyrons, I'm hoping that will help some but at least until he lets his hair grow out again I think this will not be the last time. My Grandson understands, he is just frustrated that they don't believe him...I'll have a talk with him today when he comes over about why they don't. He's a smart kid, he'll understand...and like I said, at least people are still paying attention and if they have to check out some kids, so be it, I'm all for it as long as it's not tramatic for my grandson.

Mammy Guest
    That must have been rather unnerving for your son-in-law, too, since they didn't want to believe him either. I'm sure your grandson will understand after you explain everything to him. He's a cutie!

carrieanne Guest
    Does your grandson's school have school ID cards? They might, and he might not even know. My grandson gets two ID cards along with his school pictures - he has every year since kindergarten - and he never knew until 6th grade when he needed an ID to go to "open gym" without an adult. He needed it today to go to Six Flags with friends also - we got the ticket online ($10 cheaper) and it stated that kids old enough to have a school ID were required to show it to use the online ticket purchased in their name, which seems to suggest it's a common practice. It states their name, their grade, their school and has their school picture on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Town Without Pity View Post
    My update from Portland on Kyron.....Note to police: My Grandson is not Kyron. My grandson, 12 years old, just got glasses a few months ago, one pair looks like Kyrons glasses...then he got his hair cut and then he really looked alot like Kyron...today he was out with his step dad at the store...someone called the police saying that Kyron was there...they wouldn't let my son in law take him out of the store until the police got there...they were ready to arrest him because after looking at him the police thought it was Kyron also....my Grandson kept telling them he didn't know a kyron...he doesn't know a little boy is missing....we don't tell him about that stuff although we do teach him to be careful and just be aware...he is almost a black belt in Karate....so as of now, they let them go, but are sending a detective over tomorrow to Make sure he's not Kyron?...How they are going to do this I have no idea...and really if it was Kyron, I think he would speak up and say he was Kyron....or if they really thought it was Kyron why did they let him go....it is kind of funny as this is now the second time someone has said wait, that's Kyron..I'm glad that people are still looking out for Kyron..but it's not my grandson...honest...lol.....Although I don't share family photos, I think in this case I will take a picture of him tomorrow and put it up on here so you can see just how much he looks like Kyron...for me, it's the hair cut and the new glasses....maybe he needs to wear his other glasses that are a different design then Kyrons. I found a photo, do you think he looks just like Kyron?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kyron vs maxx.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	42263
    Just wish people would talk about him
    once again.
    About this missing young boy.

I'm sure his Mother would be happy
    about it.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Town Without Pity Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Just wish people would talk about him
    once again.
    About this missing young boy.

I'm sure his Mother would be happy
    about it.
    I know, there is not much mentioned on the news, but his poster is still all over the place at least in my area. I don't know if we'll ever find out what happened to him. Such a sad story.

Quote Originally Posted by Town Without Pity View Post
    I know, there is not much mentioned on the news, but his poster is still all over the place at least in my area. I don't know if we'll ever find out what happened to him. Such a sad story.
    True it's like most of the media has moved on, and
    we don't hear any more about Kyron or his Mom.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

My kids have had state ID since they were babies. It sure comes in handy.
    Have you thought about going to the sergeant in charge of the investigation? You could explain the situation, and get his business card to show any officer that wanted to stop you in the future. They could call him and he would tell them about you. Just an idea.

Town Without Pity Guest
    Well what do you know, we were just talking about this case this last week....I'm on my local new sites looking for the clip from "kid chews on bus drivers arm"...(what is up with zombie people lately..lol)....and I found this story, which sadley I did not see it on the news I was watching.

Kyron Horman's mom plans to file civil suit against Terri HormanPORTLAND, Ore. - Desiree Young, the mother of missing boy, Kyron Horman, plans to file a civil suit against the boy's stepmother, Terri Horman.

The lawsuit, which sources tell KATU News will be filed on Friday, accuses Horman of "custodial interference."

Under Oregon law, custodial interference involves keeping a person from their legal custodian "permanently or for a protracted period."

Terri Horman was the last person known to have seen Kyron Horman before he disappeared from Skyline School almost exactly two years ago.

They also have a video clip. Hmmm...isn't that what happened to OJ? Fair justice? No, but I'd do it anyway.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Kyron...156159635.html

HA! I hope Kyron's mother sucks Terri dry & the money go to a fund to help locate him or ..... something in Kyron's honor.

Soapy Guest
    Mammy Guest
    I think it is a good idea and I don't blame his mom at all. She shouldn't ever let Terri get too comfortable and think that interest in finding Kyron has faded or feel like she has gotten away with his disappearance. It's odd that this came out in the news out of the blue when we have been talking about the case.

rjbrasher Guest
    yea talk about timing. I was like HA! we was just talking about this case lol

Town Without Pity Guest
    Todays updated news

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D166367

And yes, it was odd how we'd been heavily discussing this and Bam, there it is....I'd still rather have evidence.

Town Without Pity Guest
    Here is a copy of the papers filed by Kyrons Mom. http://www.koinlocal6.com/media/lib/...ive_relief.pdf

I also caught on the late night news his Dad was at a event today doing a run, raising more awarness and money for looking for Kyron. He did not speak about his Ex wifes suing that monster he married.

Wow your grandson sure does look like him!

I never really followed this case in the beginning. I'm going to read over this thread, since I'm not all that familiar with it.
    Can someone tell me how his name is pronounced? Is it like the name Keiran?

Filing a civil suit is absolutely the way to go! If the Goldmans hadn't filed a civil suit against OJ, he'd still be a free man today. I was a little surprised that the stepmother in this case is still free, seemed like a slam-dunk, but I guess they are still developing evidence, and so far most of her time has been accounted for...