Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Lee

mike Guest

Brandon Lee

Does anyone know if there was a photo of an open viewing of Brandon Lee lying in repose?

erin Guest
    no. i have not found any during my research and fascination of him. i'm not saying they don't exist, but i doubt there are any because of his familie's handling of his funeral and burial. The Dearly Departed tour takes you past the home where he was memorialized, by the way

Hello big Brandon Lee fan here too, I doubt there is one out there, since Linda Lee mostly has tight control of what gets released and what doesn't. Though going to both his and his father's grave are so surreal. I do remember one time going, and I kid you not a crow landed on top of his head stone. It was our surreal, whoa this is creepy moment.

leppchic Guest
    I'm with the there too. Huge BL fan. I would love to see those photos too if there are any out there.

SusanRandy Guest
    Hello everybody.....

I live in Everett, north of Seattle, and there's the most beautiful cemetery in Seattle I had to drive past to go to my doctor's in Seattle. Come to find out later, it's where Bruce and Brandon Lee are. So I looked it up on Find-a-Grave and went to visit their graves. They're right next to the path, so very convenient to get to. They are turned around so you can't see them from the path, which makes them a little more private I guess. When I went there the first time, there were lots of notes, coins, and little things along with flowers below the stones. Took my husband one time to see it too because he's a huge BL fan. He thinks my "Death-haginess" is a bit weird, but loves me anyway. :-)

So sad that Linda lost both her husband and her son. What a
    tragedy!

mommafreak Guest
    I worked with a guy named Brandon Lee and just a reminder everytime I saw him or saw his name on my phone when calling. My family are huge Brandon Lee fans and watch his movie repeatedly. I feel for Linda and share my condolences. I would love to get to Seattle to his and his fathers grave site. Maybe some day.

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    I was thinking about Brandon Lee the other day at work. I have a question about his girlfriend Eliza Hutton; Does anyone know what happened to her??

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    Brandon and Bruce have the most amazingly beautiful headstones I've ever seen. If you can even call that a headstone. It's a work of art!

As for Eliza, the only thing I'm able to find on her is that she has not kept in contact with Brandon's family since his death...Poor thing.

xenaswolf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mommafreak View Post
    I worked with a guy named Brandon Lee and just a reminder everytime I saw him or saw his name on my phone when calling. My family are huge Brandon Lee fans and watch his movie repeatedly. I feel for Linda and share my condolences. I would love to get to Seattle to his and his fathers grave site. Maybe some day.

Next time I'm up in Seattle I'll grab some pics for you guys. Maybe I'll have my Death Hag Stickers by then

Quote Originally Posted by Queen_Death_Hag View Post
    I was thinking about Brandon Lee the other day at work. I have a question about his girlfriend Eliza Hutton; Does anyone know what happened to her??
    Nothing happened to her, she simply moved on with her life in the only way she could given the circumstances.

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Queen_Death_Hag View Post
    Eliza Hutton has married and moved on with her life as Brandon would have wanted.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

NOVSTORM Guest
    I saw one picture on his funeral and it had his casket open and he was in it but his mother or someone had blocked the photographer at the last minute and it wasn't very clear. I will try to remember where I saw it but am getting forgetful these days lol

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Eliza Hutton has married and moved on with her life as Brandon would have wanted.
    im happy for her. God bless her.

mike Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I saw one picture on his funeral and it had his casket open and he was in it but his mother or someone had blocked the photographer at the last minute and it wasn't very clear. I will try to remember where I saw it but am getting forgetful these days lol
    It sounds like Linda would probadly have the photo blocked,Bruce's death was so public and even today in Hong Kong he still had the biggest funeral in Hong Kong's history.I guess she may have wanted Brandon to have more peace.Bless her heart.

17. 01-13-2008, 01:10 AM

Reason
    Redundant

Cindy- I loved your tribute to Brandon Lee it was so beautiful. It also brought a tear to my eye. On my nightstand sits his picture being goofy, it's a great pic. Anyways, great job. I do hope he gets a star as well!!!

mike Guest
    I'd save that on my favorites.

Thanks to both of you. We have over 4,000 signatures on the petition, need some 1,000 more--Scott endeared me by putting the petition link on his Brandon Lee profile; thanks, Scott. It's the money that we are way short of. It's $25,000 and we have about $500. Do the math. LOL.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

MbalmR Guest
    That was very well done. I had forgotten what a stunner BL was! He's right up there (for me) with Johnny Depp in the "no one has the right to look THAT good" department.

Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    That was very well done. I had forgotten what a stunner BL was! He's right up there (for me) with Johnny Depp in the "no one has the right to look THAT good" department.
    The beauty of Brandon Lee goes deeper than his physical looks. I've done hours and hours of research on him and, unlike some Hollywood hunks, he was truly a decent guy without a smear on his good name. To wit: he was a real person, not some fake, and that makes his death all the more tragic.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Someone pass me a tissue!

Katie Guest
    That was so very well done. You have a real talent in capturing your subject.

erin Guest
    great job!! i passed the link on to my brother. he's a HUGE fan of both Bruce and Brandon.

Brandon's funeral was private, and I doubt there are any coffen photos out there.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

lisalouver Guest
    Hey cindy, sort of OT, but what has happend to Brandon's sister? What was her name? Any pics out there?

I thought I saw one once and she was really pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Hey cindy, sort of OT, but what has happend to Brandon's sister? What was her name? Any pics out there?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shannon_Lee
    Last edited by Serendipity09; 07-23-2009 at 01:17 AM.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity09 View Post
    Thank you, I could not remember her name! She went to the same school Christina Crawford did? She is the same age as I and her child was born in the same year as mine.

I want to check for pics now.

Never mind, you just posted one, thank you!

Brandon Lee

Name:  DRAVEN_SHOT-180x240.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  7.2 KB
    February 1, 1965 - March 31, 1993
    RIP

"My dad said time was the most valuable thing a person had...that really struck me. I've made a conscious effort not to waste it." --Brandon Lee, People, September 7, 1992 [

Six months later Brandon was dead in Wilmington, North Carolina.

EARLY YEARS

Gwokho Brandon Bruce Lee was born in Oakland, California, to legendary martial artist and actor Bruce Lee and Linda Emery Lee on Monday, February 1, 1965--the last day of the Chinese Year of the Dragon. He was born with a thick thatch of jet hair which fell out and returned blond; according to his mom, Linda, in her book Bruce Lee: the Man Only I Knew, Bruce declared his son the only blonde, gray-eyed Chinaman in the world. As he grew older, he hair turned jet again. He was all boy, into everything--once actually fracturing his skull--always challenging authority, made worse when Bruce died of a brain edema on July 20, 1973. He once backed his car the wrong way down a one way street, and another time he...um...liberated a car.

He has been called a rebel with a cause, for he grew up struggling in the shadow of his famous dad. He did not want to be known as Brandon Lee, son of Bruce Lee. He wanted to be Brandon Lee, the actor--or as someone once put it: he wanted to be Mel Gibson. To wit: an actor with a repertoire of mainstream films, not just martial arts movies. He once said that his dad was a martial artist first and then an actor, but he was the opposite. He always wanted to be an actor, and his mom has said he was quite the ham during his childhood years.

MIDDLE YEARS

His sister, Shannon Lee Kessler, was just four when her dad died--even though Linda twice married after Bruce's death--Brandon became her father figure, and he wasn't disposed at reading her the riot act, when needed.

He was one of those bright students who for whatever reason do not thrive in the formal classroom. For one thing, he defied authority, right and left, sometimes really pushing the envelope. When John Lennon was shot to death in 1980, student union president Brandon Lee dismissed his grade from classes in honor of the fallen Beatle, and was expelled. He attended many schools, including the Chadwick School in Palos Verdes, California, where he was expelled for insubordination, never to return. He received his GED at nearby Miraleste, and went on to attend Emerson Collage in Boston. After a year, he transferred to the Lee Strasberg Academy and joined the famed Eric Morris American Theatre Group.

LATER YEARS

Linda has said that Brandonâ??s first role was as a child kicking his way across the set of one of his dadâ??s movies, but his first professional role was in 1986, playing the son of Caine in Kung Fu: the Movie, which he did not want to be in, because he felt like the martial arts scenes would drive him deeper into his dadâ??s shadow. But producers persuaded him to do it, saying this movie would be a foot in the show biz door.

He did not want to portray the son of Pat Mortiaâ??s character in Oâ??Hara (1986), either, but again he gave in to producerâ??s wishes.

As his dad did before him, unhappy with the roles he was being offered in the USA, in 1986, he went to Hong Kong and made Legacy of Rage, which was most def an exploitation of his dadâ??s martial arts movies.

In 1990, came Laser Mission. Up to this point Brandon was still coming to terms with that comma behind his name. He was an angry, troubled young man and very difficult to work with. But in 1990, he met the love of his life, Eliza Hutton. At first sight, he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her; she didn't think much of him, finding him arragant and intimidating. The second time they met, Brandon turned on the charm, and she fell in love with him. Her love calmed him, made him more easy going, and for the first time he began to come to terms with his dadâ??s legacy.

Showdown in Little Tokyo was released in 1991, Rapid Fire in 1992--also that year, on bended knee, in Venice, Italy, Brandon asked Eliza to become his wife. She said yes.

Also in 1992, it is said Brandon began to lobby for the part of Eric Draven in The Crow, and won the part.

On Monday, February 1, 1993--Brandonâ??s 28th and last birthday--filming began on The Crow. From day one, there were many accidents on the set, and according to Brandon (and an extra that I talked to) working conditions were subhuman; so much so that Brandon sent a formal complaint to producer Ed Pressman, who ignored it.

Shortly after midnight, Wednesday, March 31, 1993, a domino of human error culminated in the death of Brandon Lee by gunshot from a .44 Magnum Smith and Wesson revolver.

INVESTIGATION

How did The Crowâ??s safety net so tragically fail?

The biggest reason, IMHO, is that it was, in Wilmington, NC, movie crews need not be unionized. and The Crow wasn't. Plus, filming was eight days behind and over budget. All those accidents had eaten up most, if not all, the contingency money, and the bond boys, who are in charge of seeing that a movie stays on budget, were breathing down their backs. Corners were cut. Examples:

1. when they ran out of dummy and blank bullets and couldnâ??t find a shop in Wilmington that had them in stock, instead of ordering a supply from LA, crew members made their own. Out of a carâ??s trunk in the studio parking lot.

2. On the day Brandon was killed, the weaponâ??s expert was sent home; because the kill scene was the last shoot â??em up and they didnâ??t think they needed an expert onset. Prop master JB Jones took over as the weaponâ??s expert, and he has said himself that he knew absolutely nothing about firearms. Duh.

3. The .44 Magnum revolver was NOT cleaned before it was brought on the set. In fact, only a very few people know the history of that gun before it landed on set, and they aren't talking. Scuttlebutt: some crew members used that gun for target practice, while others played with it. And no one thought to clean it.

Many rumors are floating around out there about Brandonâ??s death. Early on there were reports of a sniper in the rafters, that the blank's wadding killed him, a live bullet--which it was not. The biggest one is that he was murdered. This is absolutely not true. Impossible, because that kill scene was not planned. When the cast and crew gathered at 8pm on March 30, director Alex Proyas had not decided how Eric and Shelly would die, and in fact rehearsed several different ways before he decided to go with death by gunshot. In order for it to have been murder, a killer would have had to have knowledge about how the kill would come down, but, as I said, that scene was not planned.

This is what happened. Before the kill scene was shot, crew members prepped the .44 Magnum revolver. They cracked the chamber and shot a closeup of the six bullet ends, then aimed the camera down the barrel and shot filmed as each bullet's tip flicked by. Suddenly there was a POP! That was the sound of a lead tip somehow shearing off and lodging in the force cone. But no one paid attention. The director handed the gun to Mr. Massee, who fired it at Brandon, and Brandon hit the floor, for all intents and purposes, dead right there on the set.

AFTERMATH

At first, when Brandon did not get up, everyone thought he was pulling one of his famous pranks, but roughly 30 minutes later they realized something was most def wrong. And they were right. Stunt coordinator and Brandonâ??s best friend, Jeff Imada, went over too him and spoke to him, but Brandon did not respond, just sat there in a corner, his gray eyes staring blankly into space. They laid him flat and pulled up his tee and saw a scratch on the right lower quadrant of his abdomen. (Contrary to rumor, there was no pool of blood.) However, his belly began to swell as he bled out inside.

He was rushed to Hanover Regional Medical Center, and died there at 1:04pm, some 12 and one-half hours after being shot.

Brandon Bruce Lee, actor, martial artist, outdoorsman, the Prince of Fun, son, brother, fiancé--who was supposed to marry the love of his life on April 17, 1993--was laid to rest beside his dad at Lake View Cemetery in Seattle, Washington. The next day there was a memorial for him at actress Polly Berginâ??s home in Beverly Hills. Those attending included family members and close friends, plus The Crow cast and crew members, David Caradine, Kiefer Southerland, Lou Diamond Phillips, David Hasselhof, (Contrary to what he would have you believe, Steven Seagal was not only NOT a friend of Brandon, but the Lee family had never even met him. He did not actually attend the memorial, but stood outside and talked to reporters http://youtube.com/watch?v=A5b97PnljvY) and Brandonâ??s close friend Melissa Etherage, who sang.

Want to see a docu vid I created "Brandon Lee: A Life Worth Remembering--A Death Unworthy"? http://youtube.com/watch?v=YP1oKz-37JA

Want to see Brandon's and Bruce's graves? http://youtube.com/watch?v=CW-Se6FRyhc
    Last edited by cindyt; 01-20-2013 at 07:11 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post

Hey Lisa!

Here are a few pics. (I don't have many of her as an adult.)

[SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by cindyt; 01-27-2008 at 09:13 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Great profile Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Great profile Cindy
    Thank you!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    He was so hot! I wonder what his career had been if he hadn't passed away?? I love his movies and Cindy's site rocks!! Check it out if you haven't already!

Queen_Death_Hag Guest

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to the beautiful Brandon Lee he would have been 43 today.

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    This is his sister Shannon as an adult:

chopper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentino009 View Post
    Hello big Brandon Lee fan here too, I doubt there is one out there, since Linda Lee mostly has tight control of what gets released and what doesn't. Though going to both his and his father's grave are so surreal. I do remember one time going, and I kid you not a crow landed on top of his head stone. It was our surreal, whoa this is creepy moment.
    Wow,that is very creepy indeed!

I've heard a lot of people talk about seeing crows in graveyards. They seem to hang out in them. Creepy.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

endsleigh03 Guest
    Cindy, do you know why they let him be there for 30 mins like that? Were they still filming or something? That struck me as odd. Even if they thought he was joking, thats a long joke.
    Also, I wonder if the time lapse between the shooting and help arriving would have made any difference in his survival chances....

Since Brandon was known for pulling pranks, they did at first think he was joking (as a matter of fact when Jeff Imada called Eliza to tell her to get out there ASAP because Brandon had been hurt, she too thought it was one of Brandon's jokes).

Let me tell you something, Brandon Lee was dead the minute prop master acting as weapons expert JB Jones handed Massee that gun, trust me.

The following is what happened:

Mr. Massee waved the gun around, aimed, fired, and Brandon whirled around and slumped down, sitting in a corner near the door. The director yelled "Cut!" but Brandon did not get up. They thought he was pulling a prank, so they just let him be and went on with preps for the next shoot. Still, there was clue that something was wrong, because Brandon did not perform the scene as was rehearsed, but everyone thought he had changed his reaction to being shot, and it was just damn good acting. After a time--and no one is saying how much time went by because they were all busy--when Brandon still didn't get up, Jeff Imada walked over and said "Brandon, are you all right?" Brandon didn't respond, but just sat there, his gray eyes staring blankly into space. A medic walked over and he and Jeff laid Brandon down on the floor. Jeff thought at the time that Brandon had hit his head on the wall and knocked himself out. Jeff noticed a tear in Brandon's tee shirt; they pulled the shirt up and saw a scratch on the lower right quandrant of his abs, near the naval. They still didn't know what happened, of course, never even thought that he had been shot. There was very little blood. So Jeff thought that when Brandon triggered the quib in the grocery sack it somehow injured him. Brandon's belly began to swell with internal bleeding, the medic began working with him, and someone finally called 911. At least thirty minutes went by from the time he was shot until EMS had him loaded and rushing to the hospital. I have heard it was an hour.

Doesn't really matter how long it took to get him to the hospital, because for all intents and purposes Brandon Lee was dead when that lead tip tore through his body. It ripped through the stem of the aorta where it branches out to feed blood to the legs, lodging in the spine. His aorta exploded like a water-filled balloon, flooding his insides, devatating his cardiovascular system and the surrounding organs, liver, kidneys, etc. were just devastated because of the blood loss. Doctor did all he could, but Brandon never had a chance.
    Last edited by cindyt; 02-08-2008 at 05:26 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    I too thought that Bruce and Brandon's graves are unique, beautiful works of art. Definitely among the most beautiful I've ever seen, if not THE most.

cherryghost Guest
    Also from on the film set there would have to be the actual film footage of him being shot and his death, before the director yelled "Cut"! Was it destroyed or does it exist?

That would be amazing to see!
    Last edited by cherryghost; 02-09-2008 at 02:52 AM.

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    Also from on the film set there would have to be the actual film footage of him being shot and his death, before the director yelled "Cut"! Was it destroyed or does it exist?

Part of that very scene WAS included in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post

It was destroyed, burned.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Noor 7ayaty View Post
    Part of that very scene WAS included in the movie.
    No, actually, when the cast and crew went back to finish the movie, that scene was reshot.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Ok, I'm bamboozled and need your help. Let me qualify by saying I do believe in the paranormal; I've seen ghosts, shadow men, etc. But I don't buy the following.

There's a new member on my Brandon and Bruce Lee forum who claims to have a personal relationship (not sexual--but who knows?) with Brandon Lee's ghost. I kid you not. She claims that when she stands before her mirrow she sees his reflection standing next to hers. She says he often hugs her. She says that she broke her foot the other day and was crying and he appeared to her and said "Don't cry, A."

Now, I told her that I thought she was lucid dreaming and she said not. So she must be disillusional or eating magic mushrooms or dropping some awesome acid. She talks about it in almost every post she has, and it isn't funny at all (I do giggle at the chick on the internet who says Brandon's ghost hangs out at her local Winn Dixie store, though).

It's creeping me and another admin out, and we are trying to think of some nice way to be rude to her so she'll put a stop to it. Any ideas?

BTW she is 29 years old.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-18-2008 at 10:46 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Katie Guest
    Cindy,

Wow!! You have a live one on your hands.

I would do one of two things, or maybe have to do both.

A private message telling her that although you appreciate her honestly, you are having trouble with others understanding what she is going through. Suggest that her "visit" is a private one that The "ghost" might not want her making public. Tell her Brandon would probably not like it.

Suggest that she take her story to a web site that is set up to discuss ghosts, suggesting Ghost Hunters, etc.

Or.... Pretend she is not saying all these things, and hope that her meds will kick in, or she changes the subject.

Good Luck and let us know what happens.

Thanks, Katie, I'll do both. I think my biggest problem with this is that I was afraid I was over reacting, good to know I wasn't. I will keep you informed.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Lucy Furr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Ok, I'm bamboozled and need your help. Let me qualify by saying I do believe in the paranormal; I've seen ghosts, shadow men, etc. But I don't buy the following.

There's a new member on my Brandon and Bruce Lee forum who claims to have a personal relationship (not sexual--but who knows?) with Brandon Lee's ghost. I kid you not. She claims that when she stands before her mirrow she sees his reflection standing next to hers. She says he often hugs her. She says that she broke her foot the other day and was crying and he appeared to her and said "Don't cry, A."

Now, I told her that I thought she was lucid dreaming and she said not. So she must be disillusional or eating magic mushrooms or dropping some awesome acid. She talks about it in almost every post she has, and it isn't funny at all (I do giggle at the chick on the internet who says Brandon's ghost hangs out at her local Winn Dixie store, though).

It's creeping me and another admin out, and we are trying to think of some nice way to be rude to her so she'll put a stop to it. Any ideas?

BTW she is 29 years old.
    Whoa, that's weird. I can't say I don't believe things like that don't happen but geez that's a strange thing to incessantly speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Cindy,

A private message telling her that although you appreciate her honestly, you are having trouble with others understanding what she is going through. Suggest that her "visit" is a private one that The "ghost" might not want her making public. Tell her Brandon would probably not like it.

Suggest that she take her story to a web site that is set up to discuss ghosts, suggesting Ghost Hunters, etc.

Or.... Pretend she is not saying all these things, and hope that her meds will kick in, or she changes the subject.

DONE!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Lucy Furr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Cindy,

Those are some very good suggestions! Being a fan of Ghost hunters I listen to their radio show while I work and they recently did a show about this very subject. Bringing it up in this manner has her feeling your sensitivity and concern while at the same time (hopefully) the board of an issue; this is more likely to have her take your advice.