Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Monroe

SistaSara Guest

SistaSara Guest
    p.s. the single pink rose is fake :-(

Zeenie Guest
    Wow, thanks for sharing these...I had never seen any of these pics!

SistaSara Guest
    Dimaggio is in the 2nd row on the end. HE LOVED her MOST of ALL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	funeralofMM.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	133.8 KB 
ID:	306  

LupeVelez Guest

I actually have the book

Marilyn, a Hollywood Farewell. Only 500 printed and only 249 signed by Leigh Weiner and Richard Stolley. I had mine signed when I got it by Alan Abbott also so I really have as Scott says "The Holy Grail" In my book there is another shot that has that casket on the side of another. It's really unclear which was the actual casket. I can check with Alan. Also in the book is a photo of Marilyn in the morgue with her toe hanging out with a toe tag on it. A great sory goes along with that shot as the gueards had to get real drunk to allow it to be snapped. My scanner is down right now but, when I get it back up I will scan and post some pics from the book.

LupeVelez Guest

Surbuban Death hag!

We are neighbors! I live in Sacramento!

SistaSara Guest
    [SIZE=+4][SIZE=+2][SIZE=+1]But if Monroe was the embodiment of Hollywood glamour and style, why was she buried in what was then a particularly unfashionable and relatively unknown little cemetery on the edge of town? Monroe often visited the cemetery, where her former guardian, Grace McKee Goddard (1895 - 1953), and her surrogate mother, Ana Atchinson Lower (1880 - 1948), were buried. Monroe lived with Lower from the age of 12 until her first marriage in 1942, just after she turned 16. After Lower's death, Monroe used to spend many hours at the cemetery, sitting on a bench near her grave. (Both Goddard and Lower are buried within a few feet of each other, in the large urn garden in the southwest corner of the central lawn area - the opposite corner from Monroe's crypt. Their grave markers are directly west of the large tree near the curb in the urn garden.) In fact, on one occasion, Monroe saw cemetery workers digging a grave, and she asked them if she could climb down into the open hole. "I went down and lay on the ground and looked up at the sky from there," she later recalled. "The ground is cold under your back, but it's quite a view."[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
    Last edited by SistaSara; 10-24-2007 at 11:50 PM.

SlippyInvader Guest
    [SIZE=4]Wow great pictures Danny! Thanks for posting. [/SIZE]

FoxMulder Guest
    Very cool pictures. I've never seen them before. Nice work!

Here's Marilyn AKA Norma Jean Baker during an autopsy, I'm guessing? I'm sure some of you have seen this already. Link!

MbalmR Guest
    Great photos, everyone! And don't worry, Danny62--people die every day. You'll never run out of material!

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SistaSara View Post

joltin joe once told whitey ford after she died that he would never be the same, then walked out of the room. he was notorious for avoiding anything "marilyn", but i read in a article that he and barry halper had a long late night discussion about her. barry says that her death is what caused joe to become reclusive and private. i too believe joe really loved her, but he wanted her to become a "housewife", and she wanted to continue acting. its sad these 2 couldnt work it out.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SistaSara View Post
    Thanks for sharing that is a great pic!!! Never seen this one before!!!

GODDESS6 Guest
    ^^^^not doubt, thanx to you & danny for posting the pics, & to lupe, can't wait to see some pics from that book, i look for it all the time, the cheapest i have seen it, was a little over 2000.00~

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    ^^^^not doubt, thanx to you & danny for posting the pics, & to lupe, can't wait to see some pics from that book, i look for it all the time, the cheapest i have seen it, was a little over 2000.00~

$2000 for a book?? dang, thats ome bread!! i gotta see that book!

SuburbanDeathHag Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by LupeVelez View Post
    We are neighbors! I live in Sacramento!
    Nice to meet you, Lupe! I was wondering if there were any others members around here. I have seen your book occasionally on Ebay sell for a lot! I would LOVE to see some of the pictures, along with these other hags!

SuburbanDeathHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Thanks for sharing that is a great pic!!! Never seen this one before!!!
    Berniece Miracle, Marilyn's half sister is in the front row with the white bag in her lap. Last I heard she is still alive, living in Florida.

Rudy's Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxMulder View Post
    Very cool pictures. I've never seen them before. Nice work!

Here's Marilyn AKA Norma Jean Baker during an autopsy, I'm guessing? I'm sure some of you have seen this already. Link!
    With all of the swelling and discoloration, it barely looks like Marilyn, but I guess thats hardly surprising. It also looks like someone washed and brushed out her hair.

Poor Marilyn, such a sad ending.

Rudy's Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanDeathHag View Post
    Berniece Miracle, Marilyn's half sister is in the front row with the white bag in her lap. Last I heard she is still alive, living in Florida.

Here is a site run by Marilyn's niece...
    http://www.monaraemiracle.com/

Helby Guest
    In those pics you can see alot of photographers and camera men..there must be video somewhere..or am i wrong?

Helby Guest
    seems to me from these pics there were a TON of cameras there...
    http://www.abbottandhast.com/mmfuneral.html

Helby Guest
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mf1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	307  

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Helby View Post
    In those pics you can see alot of photographers and camera men..there must be video somewhere..or am i wrong?
    Man if we could find the video that would be the ultimate...you would think there was video??

Danny62 Guest

Marilyn Monroe Funeral Video

Thank our member Helby for the question...just checked youtube and hit paydirt...enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7EPv8EeFPg

Tugboat25 Guest
    Great pics posted here. Thanks for taking the time to locate and putting up on this thread.
    By the way, I don't doubt that Joe D. loved Marilyn but man, he really blew it with her.
    Apparently he wasn't always so kind to her, he often berated her for being how she was (a star that people loved) and how she gave the people what they wanted (she was in the right). It's like he wanted her to be some boring housewife in many ways.
    Then, when she wanted to go out and enjoy herself (especially with him), he said no and stayed home and played cards all night.
    Now I ask you, if you were married to the sexiest, most alluring woman in the world, would you just want to stay home and play cards with the boys?
    Joe doesn't really have a reputation as being such a nice guy and I guess Marilyn found that out first hand.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Helby View Post
    I just gave it its own Thread!!

And THANK YOU for that idea to look!!!!!!

Dan

Rudy's Girl Guest
    Wow, thank you.....very interesting!

kelbons Guest
    I would love to know whether there are any pictures of Marilyn in her casket... that hasn't been covered yet, has it?

Lisamarie Guest
    Wow amazing picture...anyone else wanna carck open that crypt to see her?? I just cant get over when I go to her grave there she is behind that wall.... Marily....I wonder if she is till holdong the yellow roses and if the wig is still there!!! Danny as well as being very hot! You post the greatest stuff!!! Thankyou!

Bake Guest
    Danny? do you ever eat? Sleep? Pay attention to your family? Lift weights??
    WOW the stuff you find!!!
    THanks

Daphne Guest
    Thanks Danny! short but very interesting indeed

WendyK Guest
    Very interesting! Thanks!

Bazzal Guest

Marilyn's funeral

I've always heard that Joe Dimaggio banned the Kennedy family from attending Marilyn's funeral. What I'm wondering is, why would the Kennedy want to attend Marilyn's funeral in the first place? If Jack and Bobby were both engaged in affairs with her, then what would be the point of showing up at her funeral? It would be too dangerous politically.

I don't believe that either Bobby or Jack was in love with Marilyn, or even cared about her, they just used her for their own pleasure. With that in mind, that seems to be another reason why they would not attend her funeral, because they couldn't have cared less, they could always find another woman.

Joe Dimaggio always made it sound as though the Kennedys wanted to come to the funeral, but he prevented them from showing up. That's ridiculous, they would not have gone to the funeral even if they had been invited.

Ruffian Guest
    This prompts two more questions from me. 1) Where was Arthur Miller? Did he care? Was he too distraught? What's his story? and 2) Did Joe remarry and is he buried with that family? Thanks in advance. (I could go look it up, but you guys are the experts, IMO, and I learn everyday from this sight.)

VegasVic Guest

Helby Guest
    SWEET!

zanzibar11 Guest
    Hi! This is my first post.I have some pics of Marilyn pre-post mortem and several more of the mortuary and what have you.I have NO idea how to get them to you,though,Any ideas?
    Marilyn looked extremely beautiful after her death (pre -post mortem) .. almost as if she were just sleeping.

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzibar11 View Post
    Hi! This is my first post.I have some pics of Marilyn pre-post mortem and several more of the mortuary and what have you.I have NO idea how to get them to you,though,Any ideas?
    Marilyn looked extremely beautiful after her death (pre -post mortem) .. almost as if she were just sleeping.
    Welcome Z...

I agree, she looks amazingly beautiful... Yeah her skin is discolored, but she looks so peaceful and serene.... I hope that she is at peace and serene wherever she is now!

Sus

SistaSara Guest
    If you go to photobucket.com open an account...upload your photos...and then you can post them here.

zanzibar11 Guest
    s - thanks for the welcome! One of the pics I have shows no skin discolouration at all.It's a truly amazing pic.If I knew how to get the pic to you - I would.

SistaSara Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    This prompts two more questions from me. 1) Where was Arthur Miller? Did he care? Was he too distraught? What's his story? and 2) Did Joe remarry and is he buried with that family? Thanks in advance. (I could go look it up, but you guys are the experts, IMO, and I learn everyday from this sight.)

Joe never remarried. And he is buried in San Mateo county.

Danny62 Guest

Another Marilyn Monroe Video

Check this out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxebbJCgghg

Pretty damn cool shit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shows two autopsy photos I haven't seen!!!

This is a pretty damn sad video to watch though. I really was moved watching it!
    Last edited by Danny62; 10-25-2007 at 04:20 PM.

Great video Danny.
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

Stupid question, is the Mortuary where they brought her, still in use?
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nytkrew View Post
    Stupid question, is the Mortuary where they brought her, still in use?
    Yes westwood is still open. I saw the chapel where she was laid out at in September of this year. Not sure where the autopsy was held at!!!

kelbons Guest
    s - thanks for the welcome! One of the pics I have shows no skin discolouration at all.It's a truly amazing pic.If I knew how to get the pic to you - I would.
    I'd love to see them, too! If you don't post them, can you e-mail them?

SistaSara Guest
    That is a great video. Thank you so much!

Daphne Guest
    Wow, that is a very touching video.Thanks for the link Danny!

This story has been around for some time. CRAWFORD got some revenge for feeling slighted by blasting MARILYN'S appearance at the 1953 PHOTOPLAY AWARDS ceremony. MARILYN wore the skin tight gold lame dress that she'd worn during a brief scene in
    GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES. That night, she supposedly passed on any undergarments. JERRY LEWIS went into one of his routines of playing (the) retarded jewish youth that he seemed to have perfected and began to wolf whistle etc...
    CRAWFORD blasted MARILYN in the press saying that she'd turned the evening into a burlesque show.

Danny, awesome posting. I'm really surprised Joe didn't arrange for them to be near each other in death, because I know they never stopped loving each other. What a sad story.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty View Post
    Danny, awesome posting. I'm really surprised Joe didn't arrange for them to be near each other in death, because I know they never stopped loving each other. What a sad story.
    Hugh Hefner owns the one to the left of Marilyns!!!